• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there concrete evidence that merchandise and TCG expansion sets coming out in March, tells us XY&Z is definitely going to end or reach it's climax by then? Because as I've said before, I swear XY&Z are going to be a FULL season. 38/51 episodes?

A keychain set advertising has Complete Zygarde in March. So far, the other keychains in the line are Pokemon debuting in the exact month the keychain releases. Of course if Complete Zygarde does come to fruition in March maybe its not the Clinax, and just one of its appearances

Generally a pokemon main series game has no specific date when it is announced. It could be announced during this month, January, February, March or whatever month Game Freak chooses. I like to an announcement during one of the first two months of 2016 but that is my opinion. For Z, there is no doubt that there be new mega evolutions because both XY and ORAS provided mega evolution. We know that Zygarde would be the star and it has new forms. The rest is uncertain until an announcement is made.

Okay I saw the trailer for the next movie. It basically showed all the Kalos legendries and then the screen pans to Volcanion whom has the cockiest smile on his face. Moreover Pikachu has toying with some clock.

Last edited:
^^ Yeah, we have Gen VI next everyone. The trailer proves it. Why include ALL of the Gen VI legendaries if none of them will be in the next game?

^^ Yeah, we have Gen VI next everyone. The trailer proves it. Why include ALL of the Gen VI legendaries if none of them will be in the next game?
Talk about grasping at staws. Those Pokémon aren't even going to be in the movie outside of potential cameos, or they wouldn't just be briefly skimmed over in the trailer.

Talk about grasping at staws. Those Pokémon aren't even going to be in the movie outside of potential cameos, or they wouldn't just be briefly skimmed over in the trailer.

Zygarde Complete Form was skipped over, but it's most likely in the movie. Still, even if this doesn't count as evidence, another Gen VI game is coming.

Zygarde Complete Form was skipped over, but it's most likely in the movie. Still, even if this doesn't count as evidence, another Gen VI game is coming.
It's skimmed over just like the others. It is obviously not going to have a big role in the movie and will probably just appear in the opening much like in this trailer.

If you're so sure that another Kalos game is coming, why are you looking so hard for evidence?

It's skimmed over just like the others. It is obviously not going to have a big role in the movie and will probably just appear in the opening much like in this trailer.

If you're so sure that another Kalos game is coming, why are you looking so hard for evidence?

Sorry, that's a good point. I just want to reassure myself. If GF do go to Gen VII, it's a huge mistake.

Looking at how he was portrayed in the Teaser, it seems that Volcanion is truly a Komainu which ties into his design. Another interesting bit about the V-man is that he has greatly influenced the world of Pokémon he made places for people to live in South Kalos, is the cause for the Fog in Sinnoh, and caused the flat landscape in Jotho. Moreover only two NPCs know of Volcanion, that lady in XY that never saw him but knows many key details and that one guy in ORAS that claimed Brandon's team found Volcanion but were asked to not release the footage they found about it which is odd. Also despite all its done basically has no lore that ties it to the past like most other Kalos Legends and more or less seems to have just popped up.
Furthermore Volcanion's design seems off like it wasn't something naturally created by Mother Nature in the same vain as Genesect or Mewtwo and the fact that the same lady from XY claimed that he has a Special Organ which shouldn't exist all makes me think that Volcaanion is a man made Pokémon created by none other then Team Flare since it was supposedly in the Power plants they were controlling and the person who asked Brandon to scarp the footage must've knew what Volcanion was and didn't want it to become public news. So there we have it Volcanion a Fire Pokémon that can absorb Water and cause Explosions with a special organ, which should not be in existence all this and more makes it sound like thisGen's Mewtwo which would be ironic since XY had a lot of callbacks to Gen 1 and this would be the icing on the cake so to speak.

Looking at how he was portrayed in the Teaser, it seems that Volcanion is truly a Komainu which ties into his design. Another interesting bit about the V-man is that he has greatly influenced the world of Pokémon he made places for people to live in South Kalos, is the cause for the Fog in Sinnoh, and caused the flat landscape in Jotho. Moreover only two NPCs know of Volcanion, that lady in XY that never saw him but knows many key details and that one guy in ORAS that claimed Brandon's team found Volcanion but were asked to not release the footage they found about it which is odd. Also despite all its done basically has no lore that ties it to the past like most other Kalos Legends and more or less seems to have just popped up.
Furthermore Volcanion's design seems off like it wasn't something naturally created by Mother Nature in the same vain as Genesect or Mewtwo and the fact that the same lady from XY claimed that he has a Special Organ which shouldn't exist all makes me think that Volcaanion is a man made Pokémon created by none other then Team Flare since it was supposedly in the Power plants they were controlling and the person who asked Brandon to scarp the footage must've knew what Volcanion was and didn't want it to become public news. So there we have it Volcanion a Fire Pokémon that can absorb Water and cause Explosions with a special organ, which should not be in existence all this and more makes it sound like thisGen's Mewtwo which would be ironic since XY had a lot of callbacks to Gen 1 and this would be the icing on the cake so to speak.

Who's V-Man/Komainu?

Hi everyone long time reader first time poster. Have been paying special attention to this thread recently and just felt I had to say something after reading posts by Silktree and this bizzare notion about Gen 6 ending early and skipping to Gen 7.

First there is so much unsolved in Gen 6.

We have Eternal Floette, it's move Light of Ruin,
We have the unexplored areas, like the power plant.
We have the unresolved story elements such as Malva.
We have Zygarde, his two hidden moves, all his extra formes. They aren't going to have these just randomly appear in Gen 7.
We have the Ash Greninja (anime exclusive, don't make me laugh, it's everywhere like a rash)
Not to mention Volcanion. He is obviously getting a new form/mega something special as the user above clearly pointed out, all that has to be explored. Again they aren't going to just stuff it into Gen 7 unannounced.

Then we come to basic logic, Game Freak spent a lot of time and money on creating Kalos and they aren't about to just abandon it after one use. Masuda said he wanted to do the final installment differently. Doing something differently doesn't mean cutting it out completely.

Then we come to the anime, the story involving Zygarde is a full season, XY&Z, not a simple arc like the Goomy and Meloetta ones. Not to mention a full series, ie Advanced, DP, is usually around 190 episodes, we've had 100 so far, so there's still a long way to go.

I am dismayed to see someone accuse others of clutching at straws, and demanding evidence for the obvious and straight forward, while also making outlandish claims, with apparently no evidence whatsoever.

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest Gen 7 being next. It was 20 months between the release of DP and the reveal of Platinum, we have only waited 13 months so far since the release of ORAS,

Also I am intrigued that both the America anime releases and Japanese releases are timed to end on a certain point before the holiday break. (America ends just before XYZ starts, and Japan ends on one talking about how the story of Z is set in motion) with neither side mentioning what's coming next in the new year.

Hi everyone long time reader first time poster. Have been paying special attention to this thread recently and just felt I had to say something after reading posts by Silktree and this bizzare notion about Gen 6 ending early and skipping to Gen 7.

We have Zygarde, his two hidden moves, all his extra formes. They aren't going to have these just randomly appear in Gen 7.
We have the Ash Greninja (anime exclusive, don't make me laugh, it's everywhere like a rash)
Not to mention Volcanion. He is obviously getting a new form/mega something special as the user above clearly pointed out, all that has to be explored. Again they aren't going to just stuff it into Gen 7 unannounced.

Then we come to basic logic, Game Freak spent a lot of time and money on creating Kalos and they aren't about to just abandon it after one use. Masuda said he wanted to do the final installment differently. Doing something differently doesn't mean cutting it out completely.

Then we come to the anime, the story involving Zygarde is a full season, XY&Z, not a simple arc like the Goomy and Meloetta ones. Not to mention a full series, ie Advanced, DP, is usually around 190 episodes, we've had 100 so far, so there's still a long way to go.

I am dismayed to see someone accuse others of clutching at straws, and demanding evidence for the obvious and straight forward, while also making outlandish claims, with apparently no evidence whatsoever.

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest Gen 7 being next. It was 20 months between the release of DP and the reveal of Platinum, we have only waited 13 months so far since the release of ORAS,

Also I am intrigued that both the America anime releases and Japanese releases are timed to end on a certain point before the holiday break. (America ends just before XYZ starts, and Japan ends on one talking about how the story of Z is set in motion) with neither side mentioning what's coming next in the new year.

Thankyou. That was very well said. I completely agree with you. Moving on to Gen VII would be pointless for them, actually hindering their profit. Why move on where there is extra profit to be made? Thankyou Gillian.

Such elements exist in past regions. Game Freak never promised us anything about the Power Plant or Malva.

The Picross password (which will be revealed on Pokenchi), the promo card and Tretta all reference the anime. Right now Ash Greninja is completely anime-centric, and it is still hard to see how it will be incorporated into the main series, which would have to explain its origin rather than just leaving it as an anime tie-in.

Not to mention Volcanion. He is obviously getting a new form/mega something special as the user above clearly pointed out, all that has to be explored.
I don't see how it is obvious, and there is absolutely no reason why they can't give it a form as part of a new generation, considering they did just that with Mewtwo. Volcanion has already been tied to other regions in the ORAS event.

Then we come to the anime, the story involving Zygarde is a full season, XY&Z, not a simple arc like the Goomy and Meloetta ones.
Merchandise implies that Complete Forme will appear in March. Logic dictates that the Zygarde plot will be concluded then; they can keep using the XYZ title until they wrap up the region.

Not to mention a full series, ie Advanced, DP, is usually around 190 episodes, we've had 100 so far, so there's still a long way to go.
If Best Wishes lasted 140 episodes, so can this series. It's up to Game Freak.

That isn't the point. We've waited 5 months since the Zygarde Formes were teased and 3 months since they were revealed; we should definitely be wondering why no game has been announced yet.

I don't expect Kalos to be abandoned; I do agree that Eternal Floette needs to be made available and that Zygarde's lore should be explained (although I see nothing wrong with Complete Forme being exclusive to a new generation in terms of playability). But none of this means that we're getting another main series release for Kalos. The "unique ways" Masuda mentioned could definitely allude to a spin-off game released in early 2016, which would explain why the Zygarde promotion is coming to a close in March with VGC not moving on from ORAS.

I expect people who are oh-so sure that Z is coming to at least explain why the Zygarde Formes and Volcanion were revealed earlier than expected.

They've never really promised anything about Malva, and don't unexplored areas exist in the past regions?

Ash Greninja... Eh, I can see it being relevant to Generation 7 if we do move onto it.

There's nothing suggesting Volcanion is getting something right now so far, how is it obvious?

As for Zygarde, keep in mind they're doing something different with it instead of doing the same thing as Rayquaza, Giratina, and Kyurem.

I don't understand what's the problem with moving onto Generation 7. It can /still/ be in Kalos, but in the southern area, and have us travel around the entire region, yet people keep insisting on it being something completely new. That doesn't have to be the case, they can break the pattern if they wanted to. I doubt they'll ignore Volcanion, Eternal Flower Floette, Zygarde, and Greninja, Delphox, and Chesnaught in the main series games if they do move onto Generation 7.

Such elements exist in past regions. Game Freak never promised us anything about the Power Plant or Malva.

Which elements? These are plot holes in the games, which the third versions usually explains, mostly the legendary. And in that case almost everything except the Original Dragon got explained in the games. And including 3 power plant entrances without any meaning is also one thing they could explain in a next kalos game.

I don't see how it is obvious, and there is absolutely no reason why they can't give it a form as part of a new generation, considering they did just that with Mewtwo. Volcanion has already been tied to other regions in the ORAS event.

Hoopa also got explained in X/Y in the one castle with what is it, what the rings are etc. The story about Volcanion in the Mauville TV Station in OR/AS isn't that much different, since both Hoopa in X/Y and Volcanion in OR/AS are NPCs that are talking about them. Not scripted events where you get something.

Merchandise implies that Complete Forme will appear in March. Logic dictates that the Zygarde plot will be concluded then; they can keep using the XYZ title until they wrap up the region.

Merchandise isn't the best indicator of what will happen in the anime. By that logic someone with a Mega Charizard Y should've appeared by now. Yes, the Zygarde 100% will probably appear in March, but it simply appearing doesn't mean the arc is done.

If Best Wishes lasted 140 episodes, so can this series. It's up to Game Freak.

The only differenc is that BW was already done by about episode 120 and the league already happened at about BW100-105. The main part of BW only lasted 2 years with one year post league like Gen 1 and 3.
At all Gen 5 lasted only 3 years because the 3DS was alreay two and a half year old and had not that many system seller. Gen 2 also came later due to the delay and also only lasted 3 years due to the early GBA release after Gold&Silver. Every other generation is almost 4 years long.
GF probably don't want to release another Gen on the 3DS, since both 3DS and Wii U are not selling good. If the NX is a hybrid and really coming out at then end of 2016, then it would make more sense for them to wait until 2017 to start a new gen.

I don't expect Kalos to be abandoned; I do agree that Eternal Floette needs to be made available and that Zygarde's lore should be explained (although I see nothing wrong with Complete Forme being exclusive to a new generation in terms of playability). But none of this means that we're getting another main series release for Kalos. The "unique ways" Masuda mentioned could definitely allude to a spin-off game released in early 2016, which would explain why the Zygarde promotion is coming to a close in March with VGC not moving on from ORAS.
I expect people who are oh-so sure that Z is coming to at least explain why the Zygarde Formes and Volcanion were revealed earlier than expected.

And why Deoxys and Arceus got revealed before Emerald and HG/SS came out? By that logic both Emerald and HG/SS never happened or what? The last event pokemon revealed doesn't mean the gen is over like Gen 3 and 4 perfectly showed.
Masuda is working on the main games and now Go for the smarthphone market, not Spin-Off titles. Masuda is hinting with his statement to main games. And these "unique ways" are more fo what type of games they are. That's why we got Sequels instead of third versions.

I don't understand what's the problem with moving onto Generation 7. It can /still/ be in Kalos, but in the southern area, and have us travel around the entire region, yet people keep insisting on it being something completely new. That doesn't have to be the case, they can break the pattern if they wanted to. I doubt they'll ignore Volcanion, Eternal Flower Floette, Zygarde, and Greninja, Delphox, and Chesnaught in the main series games if they do move onto Generation 7.

Because new gen means NEW pokemon. New pokemon -> A part new legendary, that also need a story to cover up the most. And a new region need a new story about it's history.
A new gen is pretty much something completly new in terms of region, plot etc. That's it. If we move to gen 7 now, then the unexplained things in Kalos would remain unexplained. And something like this need plot relevant events that need to happen. A new region beside Kalos would mainly cover it's own legendary like always.

And in this case the scheme wouldn't make any sense.

Last edited:

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest Gen 7 being next.

I would like to challenge this claim. What's your take on the Strange Souvenir? Do you believe it was referencing an NX generation on the first day of a four-year 3DS generation or do you believe it has no meaning? Like it or not, Game Freak had a reason for including it in XY, and it would be meaningless if it was just referring to a completely standard future.

If you all want a Kalos game, I have no quarrel. Just know that Game Freak gave us evidence suggesting different games. I don't believe they expect us to wait a fourth year for the games they actually hinted towards. To be blunt, I have no idea why people don't want a new generation next year...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom