• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A south Kalos that is the size of a full game would be amazing. I always championed that idea, and I love the idea that a gemeration is defied by the plot and concepts, and not just new Pokemon, New Region.

A south Kalos that is the size of a full game would be amazing. I always championed that idea, and I love the idea that a gemeration is defied by the plot and concepts, and not just new Pokemon, New Region.
Even if it isn't a full size area, it would still be nice.

I don't understand why people think that a Gen VII game will include Kalos as the main region. That's still Gen VI, but it's being called Gen VII for no reason. There is hardly-to-no evidence of Gen VII, while there is plenty of evidence for Gen VI. Gen VII won't have Kalos as the main region, because new Gens have new Pokémon and new regions with new storylines. Why would Gen VII do Gen VI's job? You can't just call Gen VI a Gen VII game for no reason. Do you understand where I am coming from? Please tell me why we should move on to Gen VII and why it could include Kalos.

What I mean by that is, if they want to move onto a new Generation, but don't want to ignore Zygarde, Floette, or the starters, then why not treat "Southern Kalos" as a new region with new starters, Pokemon, and Gym Leaders, and in the post-game, we go to "Northern Kalos". That way everyone from Generation VI will still be relevant. It'd sort of be like Johto/Kanto, but instead it's all one big region.

Or of course they'll continue the usual and have it be in new region next to it.

So the Movie 19 locale should be pretty amazing, there are giant gears in the landscape if you pause at the right time. If they're going with a steampunk mechanical scenario, I really wonder what they can accompany it with that isn't Zygarde, cause industrialization and the ecosystem is a pretty big no brainer plot that could involve it.

I don't think the Southern part of Kalos is big enough for a whole region. However I can definitely see a new starting town, and maybe a gym city or two there. Similar to how in Black2 and White2 we started off in Western Unova and had the new Normal Gym and Roxie's poison gym. 7

Also I believe in XY when you have Volcanion in your party an NPC talks of Southern Kalos and how Volcanion is worshipped there. So far we have seen no sign of anyone worshipping Volcanion in XY.

I don't think the Southern part of Kalos is big enough for a whole region. However I can definitely see a new starting town, and maybe a gym city or two there. Similar to how in Black2 and White2 we started off in Western Unova and had the new Normal Gym and Roxie's poison gym. 7

Also I believe in XY when you have Volcanion in your party an NPC talks of Southern Kalos and how Volcanion is worshipped there. So far we have seen no sign of anyone worshipping Volcanion in XY.

Oooh if that's true then that does sound like a big hint we'll get to explore southern Kalos. I've always assumed Volcanion would be an event Pokémon, like Hoopa. But what if it's actually another legendary we can actually find in the game? It's dex entry does say "It's said to live in mountains where humans do not tread", so it's possible there's some epic mountain in southern Kalos where we can find it?

Oooh if that's true then that does sound like a big hint we'll get to explore southern Kalos. I've always assumed Volcanion would be an event Pokémon, like Hoopa. But what if it's actually another legendary we can actually find in the game? It's dex entry does say "It's said to live in mountains where humans do not tread", so it's possible there's some epic mountain in southern Kalos where we can find it?
kCiUIuE.jpg

If you look at this map, you can see a vast mountainy area to the south, covered by clouds. Game Freaks standard for hidden areas. They could be based on either the Pyrenees or Alps. (Maybe both?) If you look to the south east right at the end of the picture, you can see some green through the clouds.

I could imagine a Complete Zyg vs Volcanion battle, as a parallel to the Delta Episode...

However, I doubt they would make a Mythical Pokemon available in game straight away... They did it for ORAS, but Deoxys had to wait 12 years to become available...

I could imagine a Complete Zyg vs Volcanion battle, as a parallel to the Delta Episode...

However, I doubt they would make a Mythical Pokemon available in game straight away... They did it for ORAS, but Deoxys had to wait 12 years to become available...

Arg I missed that it was already confirmed as a Mythical Pokémon. Oh well, there goes that hope.

kCiUIuE.jpg

If you look at this map, you can see a vast mountainy area to the south, covered by clouds. Game Freaks standard for hidden areas. They could be based on either the Pyrenees or Alps. (Maybe both?) If you look to the south east right at the end of the picture, you can see some green through the clouds.

Now that you mentioned the green area, it's making me curious, but I don't think it points to generation 7. The clouds at the bottom of the picture covers Kiloude as well.

In this picture,
Kalos_alt.png

the clouds are mostly cleared up and it's just a lush forest and a river on the other side of the mountain. It's possible that Volcanion is on the mountain range at the south west part of the map of Kalos. The little gray spot on the mountain just south east of Pokemon village is also a possible place for Volcanion. Does anyone has any ideas what the chamber of emptyness is for? I know that it wouldn't be for Volcanion since he lives in the mountains.

Arg I missed that it was already confirmed as a Mythical Pokémon. Oh well, there goes that hope.

They could do an ingame event like they used to in Gen 4 and 5. Maybe the unreleased shiny Zygarde could trigger a battle with Volcanion. There must be a reason why when they did the shiny XYZ distribution, X and Y were shiny, but Z was just ordinary. When will we get the shiny version?

Regarding the idea of the anime taking place in another location before long and thoughts that it implies a move to Gen. VII in that same location, I feel like I should bring up the Orange Islands and how they were in no way indicative of Gen. II's setting.

That and the somewhat conspicuously clouded map of the region point toward another venture in Kalos to my eyes. One that opens up more of the region, but still Kalos.

I mean it's still possible that it could be captured in the next game(s) regardless of it being a Mythical Pokémon. Just look at Deoxys in ORAS, even though it's able to be captured they still refer to it as a Mythical Pokémon. Maybe playing the next game(s) is the only way to get Volcanion without having to get it through an event, same way it'll probably be with Deoxys in ORAS.

Last edited:
Regarding the idea of the anime taking place in another location before long and thoughts that it implies a move to Gen. VII in that same location, I feel like I should bring up the Orange Islands and how they were in no way indicative of Gen. II's setting.

That and the somewhat conspicuously clouded map of the region point toward another venture in Kalos to my eyes. One that opens up more of the region, but still Kalos.

I agree. Also just today we saw the anime take a turn suggesting a longer run.

Major spoiler below ---
_
_
_

Not only was Serena's meteoric rise stopped. But Jessie winning her first ribbon rather than some generic character suggests she too will be collecting 3 keys and going on to the Pokemon Showcases version of the Grand Festival. So that means at least another 3 Pokemon Showcases before we get to the grand festival.

So we have Ash's 8th badge,
The Pokemon League
The training bit before the league
3 more Pokemon showcases at least
Pokemon Showcase grand festival
AZ and his Floette
Zygarde story
Team Flare and Malva
Not to mention Alain and Mirrin making a return
A full exploration of whatever new mechanic this Ash Greninja thing is.
Not to mention some sort of rivalry between Ash, Sawyer and Alain as suggested in the opening.

That's quite a lot to get all wrapped up so soon, that's even without the compulsory filler they put in between.

I was in no way implying its gen 7s region, but I doubt its filler too. I really wonder if they can pull off another mini region ala the Sevii Islands. I've been thinking it, what if that's the case? In Japanese from what I remember they don't use the Chiho title for the islands, but it is implied they are their own region, separate from Kalos.So what if the Strange Souvenir region is that? If not South Kalos, I wouldn't mind a post game involving us travelling to a mini region that has its own plot and legendaries. It always felt off that Kalos had no legendary trio, and perhaps they can alleviate that by giving us a gen 6 trio instead. And yes, I believe if they can introduce megas that are not compatible with the previous games, they can do so with new Pokemon. The guardian shown in the Souvenir could be akin to Regigigas, the trio master of the SS region legends.

I agree. Also just today we saw the anime take a turn suggesting a longer run.

Major spoiler below ---
_
_
_

Not only was Serena's meteoric rise stopped. But Jessie winning her first ribbon rather than some generic character suggests she too will be collecting 3 keys and going on to the Pokemon Showcases version of the Grand Festival. So that means at least another 3 Pokemon Showcases before we get to the grand festival.

So we have Ash's 8th badge,
The Pokemon League
The training bit before the league
3 more Pokemon showcases at least
Pokemon Showcase grand festival
AZ and his Floette
Zygarde story
Team Flare and Malva
Not to mention Alain and Mirrin making a return
A full exploration of whatever new mechanic this Ash Greninja thing is.
Not to mention some sort of rivalry between Ash, Sawyer and Alain as suggested in the opening.

That's quite a lot to get all wrapped up so soon, that's even without the compulsory filler they put in between.
I definitely think they have a good years worth of content left for the Anime, and I have no idea why peolle are saying the league is confirmed for May. I can see them starting it easily in August and ending some time in October.

The question is, is GF gonna give us two mythical Pokemon in game? In a row? Possible but I doubt it.

Personally, I think event Pokemon are useless as a concept. They'd serve a much better purpose in game. ORAS is the example, first time ever they have made an event Pokemon involved in the ingame plot.

I would love if they made one mythical available in game per generation. But I doubt they will.

Last edited:
The question is, is GF gonna give us two mythical Pokemon in game? In a row? Possible but I doubt it.

Personally, I think event Pokemon are useless as a concept. They'd serve a much better purpose in game. ORAS is the example, first time ever they have made an event Pokemon involved in the ingame plot.

I would love if they made one mythical available in game per generation. But I doubt they will.

I kind of hope there is because I have already obtained all non-event pokemon between the current. Like ORAS, Z won't allow transfers of new forms and mega evolutions. A new mythical pokemon to be available would be nice but of course has a low chance of happening.

I kind of hope there is because I have already obtained all non-event pokemon between the current. Like ORAS, Z won't allow transfers of new forms and mega evolutions. A new mythical pokemon to be available would be nice but of course has a low chance of happening.
Yes, because ORAS made available in game an event Pokemon that has been event exclusive for years. While Volcanion is brand new. Will they make him available in game so soon? It is not likely.

If there is any in game mythical pokemon, I would assume it would be mew. Besides the 4 legendary Pokenon I have in mind, I would like to think the mini region could be where mew originally came from. Finding it in the wild after talking to NPCs lart of the original expidition could be a great way to start going after it, with a dungeon or perhaps a really big forest being where you find it. If not the SS region, perhaps a mini region off its coast? Would love for them to bridge things like that, it would be a huge surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom