• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't gonna make a current generation mythcial available out of the blue when the last two releases have ir locked out, simple as that. There is a better case for making Eternal Floette available in game then Volcanion

If Z or any Kalos game will be next, I hope it gets msny extra areas, like Unova in BW2. I think Kalos would greatly benefit of some more water/ beach areas.

They could squeeze plenty into what people think is "small", not just new areas in Southern Kalos, but also Northern, left of Frost Cavern, they could make an entrance to that mountainy looking place. Also, don't forget on the original Unova map from BW, the areas where Aspertia City etc are now in BW2 Unova, were much smaller or hardly even seen, or considered to be areas before. They adapted on Unova a lot, and they could build heavily on Kalos, all it takes is a different looking print to make the region seem bigger. They could even push it slightly to the left and have Belgium as a bigger part of Kalos, and not a new region in itself.

A Kalos sequel with a developed Southern area at the rough size of Unova's new areas is exactly what should happen. We're talking about roughly 5 cities, 6 routes, and a good 4-5 new dungeons. In Kalos terms, that's a huge amount of content as the routed are bigger, and the caves or forests can be quite sizeable. And even then there is a lot that hasn't beem covered down south. Not to mention, the majority would be coastal places like you said, based on the French Riviera.
Edit: The way I envision it, that is just the South Kalos inclusions. My personal wishlist for regional expansions is:
-Marseille, Lyon, and Nice based cities. Nice and Marseille would be the starting town and its followup. Lyon would be one of 3 gym cities.
-Massif Central would be like Mt Coronet, a major Mountain range that is the focus for the plot. Indirectly involves Volcanion, its creator. Not the same size for a dungeon, but think about it along those lines.
-A cave and route to connect to an expanded Kiloude City. Its post league content however.
-A sea route to surf up to the south side of Ambrette. Connects however to a Town south of Glittering Caves, which is a new mining colony. The routes in that stretch of land lead into the forest, another town and then either to Vaniville or Camphier.
- Finally, the victory road entrance changes to the northeast side, at thst quaint little lakeside place that went unused.

There are more that I can think of, like perhaps Massif Central and the forest north of Ice Cavern being the natural homes of the legendaries.

Last edited:
I hope that whatever we get, after this long wait, it's flipping fantastic, showstopping, potentially the best game yet. I want to scream over new Kalos gym leaders, gasp at new Kalos locations, and need a napkin to wipe up all my drool after the trailer.

I hope that whatever we get, after this long wait, it's flipping fantastic, showstopping, potentially the best game yet. I want to scream over new Kalos gym leaders, gasp at new Kalos locations, and need a napkin to wipe up all my drool after the trailer.
It's been three months...

No matter how much they add to Kalos, I fear that is too tall a task. No way in hell would Kalos sequels surpass B2W2, they would need ro have miracles happen.
Gonna go whole hog on the speculation train, here is my proposed area of gameplay for the preleague:
Co4Nyafh.jpg

Of course this way the game would need to add more then 3 gyms, but I was always comfortable with a bigger expansion then B2W2 Unova. Also, if you have noted, Inleft out Lumiose. Strange decision I know, but I think that it can work. Perhaps even to differentiate South from North they have their own Metropolis.

Last edited:
I dislike Lumiose City. It's just horrible. I hope they have a new Metropolis instead of it. Unlikely, however.

Considering the complaints and its major issue is the Camera, I wouldn't put it oast GF to leave it to the post game do they won't have to fix it and give focusbto one that doesn't suck.

Yes. Castelia City and Mauville City are much better, despite being smaller.
I would take 2 smaller, more compact metropolis like those 2,instead of Lumiose, absolutely.

A smaller but close to Lumiose Metropolis would be great. Hypothetically:
www.map-france.com/town-map/31/31555/france-map-relief-big-cities-Toulouse.jpg
Tolouse would be perfect if you look at the map, and take my idea as the basis. Start off at Nice, continue to Marseille, which is second in size while Tolouse is third but anyway, and go through a cave much like Orebourgh to reach the city. Meanwhile, I was looking at this map:
www.villavacations.com/newsite/images/france_bigmap.jpg
And I noticed that you can make a riugh outline of the existing Kalos routes and cities. Maybe I can try the same for South kalos?
Okay, crap image incoming. I did this with my phones photo editor, so I would have to walk you through:
i.imgur.com/WLziu1t.jpg
-The straight line connectinf to vaniville is that bit of land unused on the map in the southwest. Imagine a couple of cities and the forest being added. Along with Glittering Cave accessible without Rhydon.
-Meanwhile going north to Lyon is the path to go through for Kiloude. Once you get there by train in the post league, you can go through a cave for Lyon City. From there you can go to a postnleague dungeon baswd on Mont Blanc to catch Articuno. Yes the birds are back, and with megas to boot!
-The rest is self explanitory, you go east to west, travel around a bit, and explore the South. After going to Couriway Town and doing Terminus Cave you backtrack to Massif Central, and then fly back for Anistar in the end.
- The loop under Ambrette represents the sea routes needednto go around the mountains in the current maps south.
-Corsica is also a post league area, possobly like Darkrai with Volcanion instead, its an ingame event area. Maybe to tie in with the connections to ancient Greece, the worshippers are akin to Romans, and Volcanion is actually a prallel to vulcan? Woild be a cool twist.

Last edited:
A smaller but close to Lumiose Metropolis would be great. Hypothetically:
www.map-france.com/town-map/31/31555/france-map-relief-big-cities-Toulouse.jpg
Tolouse would be perfect if you look at the map, and take my idea as the basis. Start off at Nice, continue to Marseille, which is second in size while Tolouse is third but anyway, and go through a cave much like Orebourgh to reach the city. Meanwhile, I was looking at this map:
www.villavacations.com/newsite/images/france_bigmap.jpg
And I noticed that you can make a riugh outline of the existing Kalos routes and cities. Maybe I can try the same for South kalos?
Okay, crap image incoming. I did this with my phones photo editor, so I would have to walk you through:
i.imgur.com/WLziu1t.jpg
-The straight line connectinf to vaniville is that bit of land unused on the map in the southwest. Imagine a couple of cities and the forest being added. Along with Glittering Cave accessible without Rhydon.
-Meanwhile going north to Lyon is the path to go through for Kiloude. Once you get there by train in the post league, you can go through a cave for Lyon City. From there you can go to a postnleague dungeon baswd on Mont Blanc to catch Articuno. Yes the birds are back, and with megas to boot!
-The rest is self explanitory, you go east to west, travel around a bit, and explore the South. After going to Couriway Town and doing Terminus Cave you backtrack to Massif Central, and then fly back for Anistar in the end.
- The loop under Ambrette represents the sea routes needednto go around the mountains in the current maps south.
-Corsica is also a post league area, possobly like Darkrai with Volcanion instead, its an ingame event area. Maybe to tie in with the connections to ancient Greece, the worshippers are akin to Romans, and Volcanion is actually a prallel to vulcan? Woild be a cool twist.

According to you, Volcanion shouldn't get anything special for another nine years. I don't see why you would want volcanion to get a special area for itself considering its status as "mystical" pokemon.
/sarcasm.

But seriously, it looks like the Kalos region originally held much more content before they watered it down for XY's release. They are so many events that are only spoken for and not witnessed by anyone.

Sarcasm or not, an event only island or area isn't unprecedented, and right now Kalos doesn't have one. I would assume a South Kalos expansion would at least come with one for Volcanion at the least.

As for Kalos, its unknown if anything is missing at all. Going by France's actual size you can maybe speculate if there is anything else, but you can't decisively say for sure that Kalos is watered down.

Honestly, they only really need to add a few cities or towns in Southern Kalos. There are so many regions of Northern Kalos left unexplored, just look at that map:

Kalos.png

The only part of North Kalos left unexplored is the stretchof land I include in my speculation. It can eadily be used as the pathway to the eastern parts of North Kalos.

But seriously, it looks like the Kalos region originally held much more content before they watered it down for XY's release. They are so many events that are only spoken for and not witnessed by anyone.

I do too. I feel like soaring was something that initially was planned for X&Y but was cut out. Why else would they leave Mega Latios and Mega Latias coded into the games? The best reason I could come up with as to why they did this is because Kalos isn't as big and spacious as Hoenn. Just imagining flying over Kalos as it is now, I feel like it wouldn't be all that spectacular. Thinking about it now though, they could have possibly removed it, simply because of the areas past the North, East, and South being visible to us as we soared. Probably because whatever is past these areas is being saved for a possible Kalos installment, then there I would imagine them adding the soaring feature again.

Last edited:
I do think he made some good points towards Volcanion being a man-made Pokémon, but his major flaw was this: Porygon has been confirmed to pre-date both Genesect and Mewtwo as the FIRST intentionally man-made Pokémon. I say intentionally, since Trubbish is quite obviously man-made. Not to mention, his entire argument was that Lysandre and Team Flare created Volcanion. But there's also flaws with this: If Volcanion was the Pokémon that made Johto as flat as it is... How could Lysandre have made it? Johto has been like it is at least since Ho-Oh's time 150 years ago. Lysandre is not immortal like AZ is, and even immortals keep aging. Lysandre looks 25-40, max.

So while Volcanion could have been created by hand, I doubt it was by humans or by Team Flare.

Is it really implausible for Volcanion to be a natural occuremce? Hell, we have Zugarde Perfect in the same gen and that thing is anthropomorphic with glowing bits. Not to mention the peoplenod south Kalos worship it, meaning its existence is centuries old.

With both of those being said, I personally think that Volcanion's backstory is a mix of both natural and man-made. While I believe that Volcanion itself is natural, it is unique in that there has special properties that allow Volcanion's anatomy to e altered at will without harming the Pokémon itself. This could explain why Volcanion is known as a nation builder: one could easily modify it to perform different functions that allow it to easily construct and power industrial cites. Of course, the reason Team Flare would want to keep Volcanion a secret from the public would be sue to the fact that they were responsible for the mythical Pokémon's latest modification, which would possible give away Lysandre's plan to create a Noah's arc for his chosen human followers after firing the Ultimate Weapon.

Exactly. The sea can cut off travel to the west like Hoenn, the alps to the east can cut off passage, but nothing is stopping us going south. Of course XY feels like a testbed with a solid frame built around it, so we can't really know.

Exactly. The sea can cut off travel to the west like Hoenn, the alps to the east can cut off passage, but nothing is stopping us going south. Of course XY feels like a testbed with a solid frame built around it, so we can't really know.

I imagine they would've taken the cheap way out and just put endless mountains past the North, East, and South, had soaring been implemented into the games.

Soaring was invented by Ohmori, and specifically for ORAS. It wasn't invented at the time of XY.

I doubt we will see Soaring outside of Hoenn, but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom