• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I can understand that. When you live in Western Europe it loses its exotic appeal

I'm honestly not expecting more to be built in Kalos in regards to towns, even if we get X2 and Y2 over Z. Kalos already is a pretty sizable region and I have no idea how they'd connect more cities into the network. It would also throw off the balance of Lumiose being in the center of it all.
Like I suggested earlier in the thread, north/northwest Kalos along with Lumiose could be post league, with thr majority of the game being in South Kalos and the lower half of Kalos proper along with the stretch up to Anistar being the rest. The cut off points in this situation make sense the way I envision it, From Santalune to Lumiose they can concieve something like a parade, meanwhile from Anistar to Dendemille an avalanche blocking the road cuts you off. Only other entrance point would be glittering cave in my idea, which would be blocked off cause of the mining being done in there. Boom, you have a game with South Kalos in, Half New half Old.
Disagree here. I think the Japanese regions are the BEST for a Pokemon game. Maybe because Game Freak are Japanese, but those games feel the best imo. Other Asian regions can be similarly good too.

However, I got to like Unova eventually. So I'd say USA > Europe for Pokemon regions...

Anyway, I don't find Kalos very adventurous. Too much fashion. Not enough exploration. But that's just my opinion.
Unfortunately that is the entire point. Gamefreak named the region after the Greek word for Beauty, got a hard on with the graphics, and said screq the single player being good, just make it pretty. Mostly why I think sequels expanding the region with an interesting Southern part that has more lore and explains stuff would be ideal. They got the graphic love out of their system, went back to adventuring with Hoenn, and by god I hope that they realize it needs to carry over to Kalos.

I dunno. I think Europe has plenty of potential. The urban sprawl and open fields of France are nust not for everyone. But get up into Scandinavia or down into Greece and Italy and you'll find a lot to love, I think.

Actually, I would love for Greece and Italy to be combined as one region entirely. That would make for an interesting layout.
I dunno, I suggested this earlier, but then when you realize the sea between them is sizeable, and then throw in the Greek Islands, Hoenn looks like Childs Play afterwards. But put only greece in a game, have a small ocean with a shitload of islands and Crete, then you got simething going.

I guess I can understand that. When you live in Western Europe it loses its exotic appeal
Exactly :)

@Mitchman Exactly! Hoenn is my favourite region precisely because it is the most explorable and adventurous one, thanks to its layout, wild nature and elements like Secret Bases and Diving and Soaring, and Pokemon poppin out of the grass. And that's the elements I miss in Kalos. I doubt they will EVER get close in terms of exploring to what they gave us with Hoenn in general and ORAS Hoenn especially. But I hope they get closer, than what they did with Kalos.

Last edited:
As an EU citizen, I can kindof see why it wouldn't have much appeal, but I do think it'd be just as good.

A region based on Greece would be brilliant imo.

Yes well, when they base a game on Eastern Europe, it will not be appealing to Eastern Europeans.

So this will always be a problem. GameFreak can't do anything about that.

France is exotic to them, so it's logical they based a region on it. I can understand it isn't very interesting for Western Europeans, but you can't really go and blame GameFreak for that.

I can't see them condensing Greece and Italy into one region. I think both are perfect for their own regions although maybe the shape of Italy would pose a problem for getting a game where you explore, as you'd literally be restricted to a South to North movement.

I can't see them condensing Greece and Italy into one region. I think both are perfect for their own regions although maybe the shape of Italy would pose a problem for getting a game where you explore, as you'd literally be restricted to a South to North movement.
turn it sideways like they did with Hoenn.

@Soki: i'd totally buy that game too.

turn it sideways like they did with Hoenn.

@Soki: i'd totally buy that game too.

YES, me too. Could be exciting when you think about it.
Btw though... Kalos in greek means "good" or Kala means "ok", the word Beauty is actually Omorfos/Omorfí

EDIT: Unless their referring to textures of ancient Greece where it's referred to as "Kalos" for beauty, I THINK, not entirely sure, but modern Greek it's definitely omorfos/omorfí

YES, me too. Could be exciting when you think about it.
Btw though... Kalos in greek means "good" or Kala means "ok", the word Beauty is actually Omorfos/Omorfí

EDIT: Unless their referring to textures of ancient Greece where it's referred to as "Kalos" for beauty, I THINK, not entirely sure, but modern Greek it's definitely omorfos/omorfí
I have studied Ancient Greek, and "Kalos" means beautiful, I can confirm it.

By the way, one of the first things we learned: "Ton kalos rodon" = a beautiful island.

That's awesome, I only speak current greek. All of this reasoning behind Kalos speculation again is getting me pumped lol.
I don't speak current Greek, but yeah, that's one of the first lessons we learned in Ancient Greek xD

By the way, since you said you really wanted a region based on Greece, I think it is very likely to happen, but in case it doesn't, at least remember Soothopolis is basically Santorini xD

I don't speak current Greek, but yeah, that's one of the first lessons we learned in Ancient Greek xD

By the way, since you said you really wanted a region based on Greece, I think it is very likely to happen, but in case it doesn't, at least remember Soothopolis is basically Santorini xD

Haha yeah, I loved going back to it in ORAS. But the idea of Greece & Italy as one region could be epic, and would be a great follow-up to Kalos, the Trevi fountain, the Colosseum, Grand Canal, Lake Como, and then for Greek influence there could be Acropolis, Knossos, the list goes on.

After Unova, I wouldn't have any problems with a region based on a city either. The first that come to mind are London and Berlin. I think the Poke-Europe idea is great, but the good thing about the Pokemon regions is that they aren't linear and can be based on countries, regions, cities. As stated above: I would love a Greece+Italy region.

I would like a game to be based on Australia. Australia has heaps of biomes that could be included. It has desert, big cities, mountains with snow, forests, etc. They could make it such a diverse and different region. The top half of Australia experiences natural disasters like floods and cyclones, while the bottom half experiences bushfires. There is also Tasmania, which can act like the post-game island, and New Zealand could be in something like the Delta Episode (what I mean is just a post-game storyline). There are several islands like Papua New Guinea at the top. They have so much freedom and potential if they do one on Australia.

They wouldn't give the U.S. more than one region and that's an incredibly diverse area. Why should Europe get two in a row? Make a region from somewhere else in the world please.

They wouldn't give the U.S. more than one region and that's an incredibly diverse area. Why should Europe get two in a row? Make a region from somewhere else in the world please.

That's so narrow-minded. They did 4 regions based on Japan, why wouldn't they ever do another US-based one? And if they want to have another European one, they can.

A main series game is pretty much sure. But will it be a meaty third version, a first pair, or something new and unique?
This sounds like a Nostalgia fest to me so it seems this will be more about embracing the old along with some new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom