• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't give the U.S. more than one region and that's an incredibly diverse area. Why should Europe get two in a row? Make a region from somewhere else in the world please.

Maybe because the US is a single country whereas Europe is an entire continent?

This sounds like a Nostalgia fest to me so it seems this will be more about embracing the old along with some new.

To me it sounds like a heap of merchandise tied in with spin off central. I shudder at the thought.

For example, if after Black and White we came out with a grey, people would have been expecting that," he said. Same thing with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So we're always just trying to surprise people.
Maybe it's Pokemon H, a whole game focusing around the Mischief Pokemon and nothing else, everyone's expecting Zygarde and Z, or Gen 7, but no one is expecting H.

They could even have Hoopa fly in after the announcement of Pokemon H, and ask "Were you surprised!?"

Maybe it's Pokemon H, a whole game focusing around the Mischief Pokemon and nothing else, everyone's expecting Zygarde and Z, or Gen 7, but no one is expecting H.

They could even have Hoopa fly in after the announcement of Pokemon H, and ask "Were you surprised!?"
Or, Masuda could appear on the lower screen, shouting:"GOTCHA!" :)

Last edited:
That's so narrow-minded. They did 4 regions based on Japan, why wouldn't they ever do another US-based one? And if they want to have another European one, they can.

That's not the point, what I'm saying is why is the U.S. the only region where they do one and then move on whereas Japan and Europe would get multiple one after the other? That's not really fair to U.S. players. The only fair thing to do in this situation is to move onto an entirely different area of the world like Australia or South America.

Except it's already been established that they don't care that much about political boundaries. What matters is that the U.S. has plenty of diverse locations, far more than what they can do with one region. Just because they all share the same government doesn't mean anything in this context.

That's not the point, what I'm saying is why is the U.S. the only region where they do one and then move on whereas Japan and Europe would get multiple one after the other? That's not really fair to U.S. players. The only fair thing to do in this situation is to move onto an entirely different area of the world like Australia or South America.

Except it's already been established that they don't care that much about political boundaries. What matters is that the U.S. has plenty of diverse locations, far more than what they can do with one region. Just because they all share the same government doesn't mean anything in this context.

What has to be fair though? I wasn't complaining as and when Japan got 4 regions in a row. When it dawned on me they ventured to base off other places too, I was just more hopeful, not expectant that they were trying to cater to everyone. I get what you're saying, but I guess they take their time and see what places in certain locations there are for them to work off of.

Why are you grouping Europe altogether though? You say political boundaries aren't important, and then go to draw a massive artificial one, saying that it's somehow unfair for Germany or Greece to get 1 region based off them, because France got one but ok for the US to get a 2nd one?

If you can group all of Europe together, then we can group all "Americas" together, so no Brazil etc :p

As for diverse locations, the American region was based on one city, whereas Europe is an entire continent. As a nation America is very diverse yes, but you can't argue you are more diverse than an entire continent.

And as Jolty pointed out, I really doubt Game Freak is keeping score, or aiming for some quota. I think they will just implement whatever idea comes to them next, whether it be, Mexico, Ghana or Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

To me it sounds like a heap of merchandise tied in with spin off central. I shudder at the thought.
Next year we're going to party like it's 1996, and I honestly can't wait for it tbh. Nothing but good times, fond memories, and hype for days.

Next year we're going to party like it's 1996, and I honestly can't wait for it tbh. Nothing but good times, fond memories, and hype for days.

But do you expect a
additional gen I homage, or do you mean VC releases?

Last edited:
and could they change the game mechanic of Double Team already in this gen or the next?
(creating tokens of the user , using hord game mechanic, amount from 3 to 6 depending of the speed diffrence between user and target.)

So lemme get this straight... Your complaint is that if the US didn't get two regions based on it in a row, not only should it never get another region based on it, nor should any other basis for a region (like fellow countries France and Japan) get any more based on them as well.

Putting aside that the US actually has three regions based on it with Unova being NYC, Orre being Arizona and Oblivia being Hawaii, of course. And also putting aside that both the XD and Ranger spin-offs are canon due to their connectivity with the main games.

So the US actually has the second-most regions in the franchise, behind Japan. With the first being introduced in Gen. 3 (Orre), the second in Gen. 4 (Oblivia) and the third in Gen. 5 (Unova).

I agree that France shouldn't get another region, but Europe most definitely should. That's like saying Asia or North America (which also includes Mexico, Canada and Greenland among its ranks, all definitely different from the US) should never get another region due to US and Japan hogging them all.

That would be the biggest troll ever since that movie also was one of the worst ones yet XD

I wouldn't put it past them to do it though and pass up on the major opportunity that is naming the 26th game Z

I basically expect a celebration of all the Gens.
In what way? A multi region game? Or some more VC releases? I am really hoping for that. I want GCS, FRLG and Emerald on the VC.

I would be as hyped for those 3 VC games almost as much as for a new game. Maybe not so much, but a lot.

In what way? A multi region game? Or some more VC releases? I am really hoping for that. I want GCS, FRLG and Emerald on the VC.

I would be as hyped for those 3 VC games almost as much as for a new game. Maybe not so much, but a lot.
Basically celebrating Pokémon from all the regions and not just one batch.

and did you noticed how many pokemon of each generation are based on animals or objects from other continents and countries.
Every gen we have atleast one Pokemon asociated with Japan. No region is totaly based on a country, the pokemons are rather based diffrent. But they are a hint where next will us take the journey.
gen. 1. Australia, Japan, Europe, Asia
gen. 2. Africa,Europe,Asia,Japan
gen 3. South america, Mexico, Asia,Japan
gen 4. Asia+Africa+... France(Empoleon)+China (Infernape)
gen 5. China+Norh America+ France(muskedeers)+dragons(Europe)+Emboar(pigs are in france, boars especially)+Serperior(royalty)+Samurrot(swordsman->musketeers)
gen. 6 France(we got a perfume pokemon and Furfrou is based on Puddle, Pyroar lion motive of colony of France ), India (Delphox has spot on head like a priest, Chesnaught hindu warrior motive) , Japan(Pangoro), fairies(Europe, mostly England), England(India was an English colony)

Now we could discuss if there will make all starters in gen 7 mammal, or only one mammal?

In pokemon Z can they introduce new evolution methods for some of the gen 6 pokemon?(not megas, but regular ones, with dragon scale , move leveling up, abilities like Zen mode but diffrent(fighter mode, dragon mode, spirit mode, iron mode,...) and so on???)
But knowing gamefreak they have a lot of megas and ideas like aces up there sleeve.

Last edited:
Good to see that they are confirming 2016 is ggoing to be one big celebration. I don't want to be that guy who does this every month, but I assume in February with the launch of RGBY on VC and the movie plans, if not next month for those, we will hear about these plans.

As for the games, I have speculated myltiple times that a best of feature set would be the most preferable way, with the return and reintroduction of characters being through said features, but only if GF grows some balls and do what they did for Caitlin and have them older to mark the time gap between their respective tive games and now. Adulr characters won't have that much of a change, but the younger protags would.

Why are you grouping Europe altogether though? You say political boundaries aren't important, and then go to draw a massive artificial one, saying that it's somehow unfair for Germany or Greece to get 1 region based off them, because France got one but ok for the US to get a 2nd one?

Continents aren't artificial divisions though, they're natural divisions bounded by large bodies of water.

As for diverse locations, the American region was based on one city, whereas Europe is an entire continent. As a nation America is very diverse yes, but you can't argue you are more diverse than an entire continent.

I wouldn't say more diverse, but it's about as diverse as a continent. Hell, it's literally 1/3 of a continent anyway, so naturally it should be pretty diverse. There's a wide range of environments and the country was basically built on cultural diversity being a country of immigrants, so they could easily squeeze at least 4 other regions out of the U.S.

So lemme get this straight... Your complaint is that if the US didn't get two regions based on it in a row, not only should it never get another region based on it, nor should any other basis for a region (like fellow countries France and Japan) get any more based on them as well.

Putting aside that the US actually has three regions based on it with Unova being NYC, Orre being Arizona and Oblivia being Hawaii, of course. And also putting aside that both the XD and Ranger spin-offs are canon due to their connectivity with the main games.

So the US actually has the second-most regions in the franchise, behind Japan. With the first being introduced in Gen. 3 (Orre), the second in Gen. 4 (Oblivia) and the third in Gen. 5 (Unova).

I agree that France shouldn't get another region, but Europe most definitely should. That's like saying Asia or North America (which also includes Mexico, Canada and Greenland among its ranks, all definitely different from the US) should never get another region due to US and Japan hogging them all.

Where are you getting that I didn't want to see another U.S. region again? What I'm saying is since they only did one region for North America before moving onto another part of the world, they should do the same with Europe. That makes a lot more sense anyway because then after a few generations everyone around the world has some region that at least vaguely represents them. So next gen they could do say, Australia, Brazil, India, Egypt, etc. Just not something in Japan, NA, or Europe, they can always come back to those areas a few generations from now but until then it'd be more fair to give everyone around the world one region first.

and did you noticed how many pokemon of each generation are based on animals or objects from other continents and countries.
Every gen we have atleast one Pokemon asociated with Japan. No region is totaly based on a country, the pokemons are rather based diffrent. But they are a hint where next will us take the journey.
gen. 1. Australia, Japan, Europe, Asia
gen. 2. Africa,Europe,Asia,Japan
gen 3. South america, Mexico, Asia,Japan
gen 4. Asia+Africa+... France(Empoleon)+China (Infernape)
gen 5. China+Norh America+ France(muskedeers)+dragons(Europe)+Emboar(pigs are in france, boars especially)+Serperior(royalty)+Samurrot(swordsman->musketeers)
gen. 6 France(we got a perfume pokemon and Furfrou is based on Puddle, Pyroar lion motive of colony of France ), India (Delphox has spot on head like a priest, Chesnaught hindu warrior motive) , Japan(Pangoro), fairies(Europe, mostly England), England(India was an English colony)

Now we could discuss if there will make all starters in gen 7 mammal, or only one mammal?

In pokemon Z can they introduce new evolution methods for some of the gen 6 pokemon?(not megas, but regular ones, with dragon scale , move leveling up, abilities like Zen mode but diffrent(fighter mode, dragon mode, spirit mode, iron mode,...) and so on???)
But knowing gamefreak they have a lot of megas and ideas like aces up there sleeve.

Australia was mentioned once, and that's because of Kangaskhan, ONE Pokémon. Australia needs some more attention, and it has plenty of potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom