• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continents aren't artificial divisions though, they're natural divisions bounded by large bodies of water.
Incorrect, Continents are political constructs, hence why there is so much debate over how many continents there are. By your definition AfroEurasia is a continent as Europe, Asia and Africa are all one landmass.

I wouldn't say more diverse, but it's about as diverse as a continent. Hell, it's literally 1/3 of a continent anyway, so naturally it should be pretty diverse. There's a wide range of environments and the country was basically built on cultural diversity being a country of immigrants, so they could easily squeeze at least 4 other regions out of the U.S.

Where are you getting that I didn't want to see another U.S. region again? What I'm saying is since they only did one region for North America before moving onto another part of the world, they should do the same with Europe. That makes a lot more sense anyway because then after a few generations everyone around the world has some region that at least vaguely represents them. So next gen they could do say, Australia, Brazil, India, Egypt, etc. Just not something in Japan, NA, or Europe, they can always come back to those areas a few generations from now but until then it'd be more fair to give everyone around the world one region first.

You are completely missing the point. First off please explain why you are choosing to group countries together by Continent? Why do you expect all Europeans to feel "represented" by France. You have a clear lack of knowledge of Europe if you feel France "vaguely represents" the whole continent. America is 1 country, Europe is over 40 countries. It is not one singular entity that you can just lump together.

And I challenge this whole premise that you seem to hold that when Game Freak are choosing regions they are going off some diversity quota, talk of cultural diversity, and every artificial region having equal representation. This is a game, not some UN Sub Committee. I hope Game Freak will choose the next region based on what will make the best story, what elements they want to explore, not just whichever stop is next on continental roulette.

Incorrect, Continents are political constructs, hence why there is so much debate over how many continents there are. By your definition AfroEurasia is a continent as Europe, Asia and Africa are all one landmass.

Continents are explicitly defined based on landmasses, not politics. Sure, some of them are connected, but only by relatively narrow stretches of land. It's much more geographical than political.

You are completely missing the point. First off please explain why you are choosing to group countries together by Continent? Why do you expect all Europeans to feel "represented" by France. You have a clear lack of knowledge of Europe if you feel France "vaguely represents" the whole continent. America is 1 country, Europe is over 40 countries. It is not one singular entity that you can just lump together.

No, you're missing my point. Political boundaries are near meaningless in the context of Pokemon, what matters more to Pokemon regions are geography and culture. They've easily crossed political boundaries before, so they clearly don't have a very strict translation of real world political boundaries. It doesn't really matter that America is 1 country here, because it may not be (and probably isn't) in the Pokemon world. What I'm saying is that you can't represent America with one region any more than you can with Europe.

And I challenge this whole premise that you seem to hold that when Game Freak are choosing regions they are going off some diversity quota, talk of cultural diversity, and every artificial region having equal representation. This is a game, not some UN Sub Committee. I hope Game Freak will choose the next region based on what will make the best story, what elements they want to explore, not just whichever stop is next on continental roulette.

Well they probably aren't that bureaucratic about it, but in general they probably are going to go around to different places. Besides, it's not as if other parts of the world don't have good stories, you can base a good story on pretty much any part of the world.

Continents are explicitly defined based on landmasses, not politics. Sure, some of them are connected, but only by relatively narrow stretches of land. It's much more geographical than political.

No, you're missing my point. Political boundaries are near meaningless in the context of Pokemon, what matters more to Pokemon regions are geography and culture. They've easily crossed political boundaries before, so they clearly don't have a very strict translation of real world political boundaries. It doesn't really matter that America is 1 country here, because it may not be (and probably isn't) in the Pokemon world. What I'm saying is that you can't represent America with one region any more than you can with Europe.

Well they probably aren't that bureaucratic about it, but in general they probably are going to go around to different places. Besides, it's not as if other parts of the world don't have good stories, you can base a good story on pretty much any part of the world.

I suggest you watch this!

And surely you must see the absurdity of saying "political boundaries are near meaningless in the context of Pokemon" and then going on to declare how unfair it would be for say Greece to get one because they happen to associated with Europe as is France, and that the US needs more, despite already having 3 as another poster pointed out.

Oh so we stopped warring over vapor and are discussing where we would like to see where the next game after Gen VI be based on?

China. Utilize the four symbols (as well as the not as talked of center) and/or the Chinese zodiac for story/legends.

Oh, the possible Kalos finale? Given how XY played out I'd be fine with an outright retooling with an expanded Kalos and the build-up from ORAS coming to play but, hey.

Oh so we stopped warring over vapor and are discussing where we would like to see where the next game after Gen VI be based on?

Wait, this is right! This thread is about the future of Generation SIX, not about anything AFTER it. Everyone, let's stop going off-topic. Please. ^_^

Anyway, who thinks Pokémon Go will be released around the actual 20th anniversary date? It's said to be in a closed beta test now, which means it might be up and running in a few months.

Also, love how everyone was partially right in thinking we'd get FR/LG remakes after OR/AS. We got a Kanto game (technically four), even though it wasn't another Kanto remake. We'll probably get G/S/C re-releases after Diamond and Pearl get remade to take the place of HG/SS remakes. (And we'll FINALLY get Kris back!)

That new outfit for Serena from the movie HAS to be a god damn tease and her new look for the next games, it lools exactly what you expect from Pokemon games when redesigning the protags. Not to mention that diamond motif is banging.
i.imgur.com/UvqPpyrh.jpg

Last edited:
That new outfit for Serena from the movie HAS to be a god damn tease and her new look for the next games, it lools exactly what you expect from Pokemon games when redesigning the protags. Not to mention that diamond motif is banging.
i.imgur.com/UvqPpyrh.jpg

Oh man she looks so cool!! The outfit indeed looks like an 'upgraded' version of the female PC outfit in XY. I just hope that's true cause that's one awesome outfit.

Oh man she looks so cool!! The outfit indeed looks like an 'upgraded' version of the female PC outfit in XY. I just hope that's true cause that's one awesome outfit.

Not to mention she's got her long hair back. Which clearly suggests this is not a one off costume change (unless they have hair extensions in the Pokemon World?)

Not to mention she's got her long hair back. Which clearly suggests this is not a one off costume change (unless they have hair extensions in the Pokemon World?)
The picture is from the Diancie movie which aired before Serena cut her hair.

Guys, hasn't anyone else noticed that the new Serena outfit resembles Zygarde's pattern?

Last edited:
No, that's just not true. That's provably false.
Um, did you watch the movie? Do you even watch XY anime?

Also, for anyone interested, that wasn't the only new Serena outfit showcased in the movie so don't bother looking into it too much. Plus, Bonnie too was showcased with new outfits.

Oh crap. I thought it was from a new clip for the movie cause of the way it was posted..... Sorry. ^-^
Sadly, the only clip we've got is the Volcanion one. It'll probably be a while before we get a new trailer/teaser.

They've really stepped up their designs and animations.

Kinda curious how the asthetics of Kalos will change in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom