• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just pains me sometimes how the EXP share is now, it makes you think, who was in the room when they made this decision, cause I'd so be the "no, we're not doing that, that's ridiculous" guy lol. I don't even think it's a matter of a opinion anymore that the new exp share sucks? Anyone actually like how it is now? and has anyone ever tried to compromise and try to work with it, like turn it off for certain battles ect? It's funny how having it on/off can now dictate how your entire playthrough will go. The new exp share IS basically the difficulty setting lol.

Excuse you. I love the new Exp. Share. I hated having 2 level 50's and 4 level 20's in every single playthrough. Now all my team members get their chance to shine during the main story.

Do you guys think something could be added to the VC gen I releases? Like, the lower screen could be used to play some sort of a side game? Otherwise the lower screen would be completely useless...

Other than this, when do you think gen II and III could be put on the VC? I really wanna play Crystal and FRLG on the 3DS xD

Could this happen next year as well, or would it be whenever gen II and III get their respective 20 Anniversary? I don't think we need to wait that long...

Personally, I think RBY hype could be handled in the first half of the year, while a Gen II release could be handled during the second half. Two cash cows for Nintendo to squeeze...

I don't think Generation 3 will be released for a long time. DS's are still widely available in game shops and online, making 3-6 easily playable if you can find the games.

As for gen 2, probably on their 20th. Though later this year would be so amazing.

Excuse you. I love the new Exp. Share. I hated having 2 level 50's and 4 level 20's in every single playthrough. Now all my team members get their chance to shine during the main story.

I don't think Generation 3 will be released for a long time. DS's are still widely available in game shops and online, making 3-6 easily playable if you can find the games.

As for gen 2, probably on their 20th. Though later this year would be so amazing.
It depends how they are advertising the anniversary though: if they advertise it as a celebration of ALL the franchise, then Gen 2 releases could come soon as well, as they continued the whole "Pokemania". If they advertise it as a celebration of gen I, then obviously not.

It depends how they are advertising the anniversary though: if they advertise it as a celebration of ALL the franchise, then Gen 2 releases could come soon as well, as they continued the whole "Pokemania". If they advertise it as a celebration of gen I, then obviously not.
I think we're just getting the Gen one games on the E shop right now because they're the most nostalgic to people. Gen 2 and 3 will come in a few years or so.

As long as it's not a repeat of the disaster that was the 10th anniversary, I'll be fine.

Frankly, I don't think the EXP share was that bad in Gen VI. I turned it off when I didn't need it, even played through a whole run without it and enjoyed the challenge. It was made clear that GF changed the mechanic to adapt to players having less time to play through a game, but it still retained the ability to be ignored if desired.

I agree. The EXP Share is fine if you deploy it sensibly, and I love being able to cut down on grinding.

I don't think I used the old EXP Share very much. Clearly not enough to remember actually doing it.

On the topic of VCs, I would certainly love to see GSC. FRLG would be my most-desired item, but I don't know if they would do them considering that they would have already done RBY. At least not within such a short timeframe.

Nah, I would assume GSC would be easier considering how they have the lan trading already setup. They are in a position right niw where they can rerelease the originals, but not much else. ORAS covers RSE, while FRLG would be strange considering the gen 1 rerelease even though its superior. Forget about the DS games for a while or just wait till the remakes if you don't own em, they would be a nightmare to setup for wireless play or otherwise, not even Mario Kart DS got multiplayer.

About the Exp. Share, maybe they could change it back to the old method, but allow us to get 5-6 of them. Therefore, we could either help one Pokémon or the whole team. It's a choice.

An interesting solution, but it requires not using any other hold items.

Actually, it requiring not to use any other hold items is why I think it's a good idea. With this you'd actually have to give something up to get easy leveling, making it a bit less easy.

And being able to choose which Pokémon to give Exp. too is the main advantage of this idea. In ORAS I used two traded Pokémon and continually had to put them in the box when training weaker Pokémon, cause the traded ones would get Exp. too and be overleveled quickly and stop listening to me...

What would be if Darmanitan would have been fire/fighting at the start on?
Could You imagine that?
Would it hurt if after changing to Zen Mode the user also gains 1/8 self healing every turn till form change goes back to over 51%?
What will be if it's mega will start from a new form and change into something new?

it would be good if we could turn off the HP bars and if pokemon would have 3 or 4 difrent sprites by HP change.

Last edited:

I didn't like it personally, it just annoyed me that they could become strong through means of not even battling themselves, I always level up my team equally without the exp share post-Gen V, and even before... I just don't like raising one by never battling with it.

Actually, it requiring not to use any other hold items is why I think it's a good idea. With this you'd actually have to give something up to get easy leveling, making it a bit less easy.

And being able to choose which Pokémon to give Exp. too is the main advantage of this idea. In ORAS I used two traded Pokémon and continually had to put them in the box when training weaker Pokémon, cause the traded ones would get Exp. too and be overleveled quickly and stop listening to me...

This. Tbh, I didn't like that my traded HM slave ended up being much higher levelled than my team. This is what I meant when I mentioned how patronising Gen 6 is. They may as well release a third-party app called "Walking you through the entire generation, holding your hand."

Regarding Soaring, I'd love to see it implemented in future games. After the number of repeat playthroughs I've done, I'm running out of Pokemon to raise who can learn (and reasonably use) Fly. The whole HM slave thing feels so generation 1, we need a better system for HMs, honestly.

It's been three months...

X and Y were released in 2013. It's been 2 years.

If you're counting since the Zygarde blob who started all the hype for Z premiered, that was back in August. So it's been over 4 months. And all we've had in that time is Zygarde related anime stuff - no sniff of a new game.

You're apparently one of the fans who feels like it hasn't been that long. But many more of us feel like it is getting too long. Like they're deliberately dangling a carrot in front of us and still not letting us have a bite. Like it's not interesting anymore but kind of annoying and boring. You're happy to wait? Fine. Good for you. But the rest of us are equally entitled to get fidgety, and as consumers, we are allowed to express our opinions - both positive and negative. It's not like we're standing outside Gamefreak's building with waving picket signs...just saying we hope something happens soon.

Regarding Soaring, I'd love to see it implemented in future games. After the number of repeat playthroughs I've done, I'm running out of Pokemon to raise who can learn (and reasonably use) Fly. The whole HM slave thing feels so generation 1, we need a better system for HMs, honestly.

If you're counting since the Zygarde blob who started all the hype for Z premiered, that was back in August. So it's been over 4 months. And all we've had in that time is Zygarde related anime stuff - no sniff of a new game.

You're apparently one of the fans who feels like it hasn't been that long. But many more of us feel like it is getting too long. Like they're deliberately dangling a carrot in front of us and still not letting us have a bite. Like it's not interesting anymore but kind of annoying and boring. You're happy to wait? Fine. Good for you. But the rest of us are equally entitled to get fidgety, and as consumers, we are allowed to express our opinions - both positive and negative. It's not like we're standing outside Gamefreak's building with waving picket signs...just saying we hope something happens soon.
I think it's best that we let them take their time with this one. I can only imagine if the game came out this year most would be complaining about how it was rushed while making ten threads a day about how lazy GF\Nintendo are. A break was definitely due for everyone but at least Zygarde and his new forms signals the something is coming soon enough

You're obviously one of the fans who feels like it hasn't been that long. But many - many - more of us feel like it is getting too long. Like they're deliberately dangling a carrot in front of us and still not letting us have a bite. Like it's not interesting anymore but kind of annoying and boring. You're happy to wait? Fine. Good for you. But the rest of us are equally entitled to get fidgety.

I agree they are dangling the carrot in front of us and teasing us. But the wait itself isnt that long, we were expecting a 17-20 month wait based on previous data, of which there have been 13 months so far. That's waiting for the reveal, not even the game release.

I think it's best that we let them take their time with this one. I can only imagine if the game came out this year most would be complaining about how it was rushed while making ten threads a day about how lazy GF\Nintendo are. A break was definitely due for everyone but at least Zygarde and his new forms signals the something is coming soon enough

Lol I do see your point and agree that you can't please everyone. Unfortunately because of this simple maxim, Gamefreak could either have brought out the hypothetical Z last year, or not bring it out for another 2 years, and there will always be someone who loudly complains about the the game.

What troubles me is that all of the Zygarde stuff we've gotten lately has been anime only, which does make me wonder if they intend to bring it to the games. I'm 90% sure you're right and that we're going to return to Kalos and focus on Zygarde in some iteration, because it seems so obvious, but as I've mentioned before in this thread it does sow a tiny seed of doubt in my mind because every mention of Zygarde since August has been so deliberately and notably left out of the games canon. Probably a case of overthinking in this time of news drought, but it's puzzling nonetheless.

Lol I do see your point and agree that you can't please everyone. Unfortunately because of this simple maxim, Gamefreak could either have brought out the hypothetical Z last year, or not bring it out for another 2 years, and there will always be someone who loudly complains about the the game.

What troubles me is that all of the Zygarde stuff we've gotten lately has been anime only, which does make me wonder if they intend to bring it to the games. I'm 90% sure you're right and that we're going to return to Kalos and focus on Zygarde in some iteration, because it seems so obvious, but as I've mentioned before in this thread it does sow a tiny seed of doubt in my mind because every mention of Zygarde since August has been so deliberately and notably left out of the games canon. Probably a case of overthinking in this time of news drought, but it's puzzling nonetheless.

I think the fact they went to the length of attributing Types, heights and weights to Zydoge and Zygarde Complete show they will be in the game. Not so sure about the cores though, though I'd like them to be, even if they useless like Magikarp.

I was counting from september, when they officialy revealed zygarde's formes, so it is three months. And excuse me? I'm also allowed to express my opinion. If you're so impatient with news then fine, i don't have a problem. And come on, munchlax was revealed in ~2004 and dp only came out in 2006, and there was a 20 months pause between dp and platinum's reveal. It isn't the first they're making us wait so long. Yeah, it sucks having zygarde's formes revealed without any game news, but what can we do about it? We just have to wait until they're ready. I'm not saying it's a good thing that they're making us wait, but i'm just saying that it's not the first time they're doing this.

Last edited:
Whether people want to admit it or not, the yearly releases in the US that have occurred since '09 has clearly made some fans spoiled. 2015 didn't get a release, so people are pissed.

The "long wait" used to bother me, but not anymore. The way I look at it, they could be putting more quality work into the game... and to me, that should be a good thing. After reading the past couple pages, I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten closed or somebody hasn't doused it with gasoline and set it on fire.

I can definitely see GSC making their way over to the e shop, not sure about Gen 3, as frlg is covered in rby (yes i know frlg are better) and RSE are covered in ORAS.

The GSC games might come to the e shop either this year or after Diamond/Pearl remakes.

Well this is interesting...

Dephender has just posted over at Serebii some tie-in movie dispensers, and among them, you can see Mega Gengar and Zygarde Complete alongside Ash-Greninja, Pikachu and Volcanion. What's even more interesting is that if you look in Zygarde Complete's section at the toys, there seems to be a new (or at least, not easily identified) Pokémon right next to Zygarde's forms.

Well this is interesting...

Dephender has just posted over at Serebii some tie-in movie dispensers, and among them, you can see Mega Gengar and Zygarde Complete alongside Ash-Greninja, Pikachu and Volcanion. What's even more interesting is that if you look in Zygarde Complete's section at the toys, there seems to be a new (or at least, not easily identified) Pokémon right next to Zygarde's forms.

This is awesome news. Yet more proof that Zygarde will be in the movie (no doubt still not enough for Silktree)

The Pokemon next to Zygarde looks like Talonflame with clear differences, could it be Mega Talonflame? Would make sense after Pidgeot got a Mega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom