• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me Mega Ledian or give me death (◕‿◕✿)

Yeah, now that you mention it, that does look a lot like Mega Camerupt. Good eye.

Looks like Mega Beedrill and maybe... Muk, to me.

Hmmm yeah I was thinking Muk too, but I wasn't sure. Now that I'm thinking about it the one does look like M Beedrill. You're the one with the good eye hahaha

The Mega Gengar machine is all that really is confusing, the third and fourth are too complex to make out. I doubt its something new though.

Zygarde machine is knteresting, but I really doubt it means anything huge. They're plastering it all over.

It's Mega Beedrill and Mega Steelix :)

The Mega Gengar machine is all that really is confusing, the third and fourth are too complex to make out. I doubt its something new though.

Zygarde machine is knteresting, but I really doubt it means anything huge. They're plastering it all over.
I think this all but confirms that Zygarde will still be with the group during the events of this movie

Last edited:
I am wondering what will Game Freak do to surprise us? I mean, they publically said Z would be too expected, so it's obviously not Z. So, then what? Sequels for a second gen in a row? A single version sequel? A prequel? I think a prequel is very possible, considering it would be completely surprising. But I would rather have sequels.

Seriously, this guy needs a buff sooo bad! I always sort of forgot about Ledian, but recently I've been training one and I love it. Decent movepool (w/ Iron Fist) and an awesome design. I'm with you on Team Ledian.

It needs a proper evo, and then a mega. Those 100 points aren't gonna save it, even if they all go to attack.

It needs a proper evo, and then a mega. Those 100 points aren't gonna save it, even if they all go to attack.

This tbh.

I always imagined a Trade-with-item evolution for Ledian. Trade it equipped with something like Buckler Cape. Its wings would become cape-like and the eyes would be covered in a mask. It'd retain its Bug/Flying typing but variants with Swarm would gain a new ability, called Buckler, which would make the Pokemon resistant to Steel, Rock and Fire type damage.

Lediarge (Bug/Flying)
Buckler/Early Bird or Iron Fist
HP: 70
Att: 43
Def: 85
SAtt: 70
SDef: 125
Speed: 102

From there, they could create a Mega Evolution, 595 BST is not too much and it could even have Bug/Fighting typing.

Seriously, this guy needs a buff sooo bad! I always sort of forgot about Ledian, but recently I've been training one and I love it. Decent movepool (w/ Iron Fist) and an awesome design. I'm with you on Team Ledian.

It does have an amazing design. It's such a shame its wasted. I think a Mega design for it would be great in adding to it even more, because Megas often add those little flourishes that flesh out designs well. Mega Sceptile is one example here with the little leaf cut outs on its head and the orange markings arounds its eyes.

It's never gonna get a regular evolution though, so its pointless hoping for one. At least a Mega is within the realms of possibility now Beedrill has one, but no early bug has ever been given an evolution in a later game. I agree with you on premise, but it's easier to hope for a Mega at this point. :/

Huge Power is really boring, but even I'm not opposed to them dumping Huge Power on it. I've said it before that it fits with other Huge Power users like Diggersby and Mega Mawile, who have multiple limb-type-things, in Ledian has multiple arms (plus it's vaguely superhero-like).

It has decent Speed, so giving it ~125-135 Speed and then buffing its Attack to ~70 and adding Huge Power on top would be fine for it. As long as its Attack stays away from Mega Mawile/Medicham's 100-105 area, it'll be a more of a frail Speed focused attacker than they are and not too ridiculously strong. Plus most of its moves are lower in Base Power so it wouldn't hit as hard as it seems. But it would be make it useful and usable which is all I want at this point.

55 HP / 75 Atk / 50 Def / 55 Sp.Atk / 120 Sp.Def / 135 Speed with Bug/Fighting type would be fine.

I'm a filthy Ledian fanboy tbh. :(

It's never gonna get a regular evolution though, so its pointless hoping for one. At least a Mega is within the realms of possibility now Beedrill has one, but no early bug has ever been given an evolution in a later game. I agree with you on premise, but it's easier to hope for a Mega at this point. :/
To be fair, Ledian, Ariados and Kricketune are different than most regional bugs in that they are only two-stage evolutions. So Game Freak could give them evolutions to further separate them from the rest. But if they did that, I doubt that they would ever get around to giving the evolutions the Mega treatment, so that shouldn't be used as an argument.

Anyway, I agree with you that Mega Beedril and Mega Sableye show that even a Mega Evolution with a BST lower than 500 can be useful, without necessarily resorting to Huge Power. The main problem with giving everything the Mega treatment is the competition over the Mega slot.

To be fair, Ledian, Ariados and Kricketune are different than most regional bugs in that they are only two-stage evolutions. So Game Freak could give them evolutions to further separate them from the rest. But if they did that, I doubt that they would ever get around to giving the evolutions the Mega treatment.

But I agree with you that Mega Beedril and Mega Sableye show that even a Mega Evolution with a BST lower than 500 can be useful, without necessarily resorting to Huge Power.

The problem then comes with Ledian having 35 Attack and a major physical movepool though (its special movepool sucks massively in comparison). 35 Attack is hard to redeem within the confines of +100 (or ~130 if you remove Sp.Atk) without something extreme like Huge Power. Beedrill and Sableye stats were already aligned (somewhat) with the direction they ended up with at least.

I'm pretty firm in my belief it should be a physical attacker. It has a good movepool with Mach Punch, Drain Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Knock Off, U-turn, Swords Dance, Focus Punch.. and it should really learn Meteor Mash too. Special options are Bug Buzz, Focus Blast and Giga Drain which is pretty unappealing in comparison (plus those four fists!) and even something like Accelgor would do that better right now. Iron Fist seems like an obvious choice, but the 1.2x boost on top of such a low attack wouldn't be that impressive for a Mega (even with +100 to Attack it wouldn't be that strong and then it would be lacking Speed). And you can't buff Iron Fist without buffing other Pokemon like Pangoro, Infernape and Conkeldurr at the same time.

I don't even know what Game Freak were thinking with Ledian's stat spread to begin with. It's a mess, especially when you take its design and movepool into account. Even 55 Attack instead of Sp.Atk would have been much more manageable in this sort of situation. :/ Times like this I wish they would just retcon badly. No +10 stat added here and there, just change it all up.

Why are we discussing Ledian in a thread specifically about Generation 6? ;) No need to get so off-topic so often, y'all.

Because we're discussing a future Mega that we could get in the next game?

I didn't realise you ran this thread and could dictate what we discuss.

Because we're discussing a future Mega that we could get in the next game?

I didn't realise you ran this thread and could dictate what we discuss.
There's no need to be rude to BlackButterfree they weren't trying to dictate anything they just questioned why Mega ledian was suddenly dominating a Gen 6 future discussion because it is a little off topic.

There's no need to be rude to BlackButterfree they weren't trying to dictate anything they just questioned why Mega ledian was suddenly dominating a Gen 6 future discussion because it is a little off topic.

It's no more off-topic than discussing a feature you want to see in the next game and that goes on in here all the time ;)

Of course Ledian isn't gonna get an evolution, its an unfortunate case. I personally love the design, and even if the stats don't cover everything that is needed, a mega at least would give it bug/fighting as the typing, or hopefully GF don't screw that up as well, and it could at least serve as a fun Pokemon to use in the story at least. Ledian's case is unfortunately something that too many Johto Pokemon suffer from, except for the ones that got salvaged in Gen 4. Lanturn, Quagsire, Ariados, Quilfish, Mantine, Ursaring, Sunflora, Noctowl, Girafrig, and Jumpluff all have interesting playstyles and designs, but the movepool, stats, and in some cases typing all drag them down in the current online scene. And much like Ledian, judt a mega ain't gonna cut it.

except for the ones that got salvaged in Gen 4.
If you're implying that hardly any Johto Pokémon was useful before Generation IV, that simply isn't true. There was no power creep in the first three generations.

Quagsire,
It's actually useful, even serving a niche in OU due to Unaware, physical bulk and Recover.

I think a Mega for such a Pokemon would be pretty useless. A third Evolution, or a complete change in stats are the solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom