• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this too. I assumed it would have a 10% dog form like Punichan does, albeit with a Blue Core in its collar. So I was a bit surprised it just jumped straight to 50% and assumed they must be hiding something. Also it struck me as odd that it didn't seem to draw in the surrounding Zygarde Cells to transform either.

Z2 has only been promoted in it's 50% form, even in the opening, where as Squishy appears in all forms. I don't know why they have these differences.

Indeed. The innate ability to jump to 50 has to be of some importance. We arw definitely missing a piece of the puzzle I think. If not a different 10% forme, perhaps the different cores have access to different latent power levels? Like the red is the weakest, with only access to 10% of the cell powers, with blue being able to draw in quite a bit more. Red can go to 50 iirc, but maybe only with the help of other cores. I still think there are 5 cores, and only with all 5 Zygarde Perfect appears

This has been proposed before, and I liked the idea at first, until someone pointed out to me that it would wreck the positive feedback you get from training...

Say you're playing through a Pokemon game, about to go against a strong Gym Leader and you lose the battle. So you level grind for a while, and then you win easily.
But if the Gym Leader's team was auto-scaled to provide a challenge, there'd be no point to training or leveling up at all. No matter how hard you train, their team will always scale up proportionately, so you would lose the positive feedback you get from having trained your team and having said efforts pay off with an easy win. Rival battles and Gym Leader battles are the "bosses" in Pokemon games, they're there to provide some indication of how strong your team should be at that point in the story. If they scaled to meet you in the middle every time, there'd be none of that feedback and difficulty wouldn't change overall, really...

It would work in my opinion if say, the order you could face Gyms in was up to you, and their teams changed based on how many badges you had.
depends how you auto-scale it. If you would have 3 ways of scale and could choose easy,medium, hard. Easy would be without scale=normal game play,
medium would be that the average team would be +X level then your average team and+ X level of strongest pokemon, hard= you scale the number of level yourself. That would make perfect sense and people would like a chalenge like that.(this could also trigger gym leaders to have evolved pokemon, evolutions during battle and diffrent movesets for gym leaders, not only by rematches).
Training would be if you could somehow train your poke to have one stats best, or some higher then normal(like with stats risers and reducers, a training that makes some stats better but some reduces) and traning would be if you could have better option to gain and teach some TMs faster. Thast why you rise your level, to learn moves to change there movesets.

Last edited:
Indeed. The innate ability to jump to 50 has to be of some importance. We arw definitely missing a piece of the puzzle I think. If not a different 10% forme, perhaps the different cores have access to different latent power levels? Like the red is the weakest, with only access to 10% of the cell powers, with blue being able to draw in quite a bit more. Red can go to 50 iirc, but maybe only with the help of other cores. I still think there are 5 cores, and only with all 5 Zygarde Perfect appears

I think it's just the way the story is plotted.

Looking at the intro, Z2 is going to eventually work for TF and it'll be in its 50% form for that job, so it wasn't necessary for it to show off 10% form since it's not going to be placed in a position where that form would be important to show off. Z1 on the other hand is the core that needs to be protected and has to travel with Ash, so it gets to show off 10% form since it doesn't need the immediate power of 50% and they can use its travels with Ash as a way to build up a progression from Core>10%>50%>Complete by the time the arc is done. It also doubles as a way to showcase 50% form at the same time with 10%, as it allows them to give us battles like 50% vs. Mega Charizard X without giving Z1 a huge power boost that will have to drop long before the climax.

Additionally, considering that Z1 and Z2 seem to share all of their forms with each other aside from the color difference of their core, I don't think 10% is going to be the only outlier. I think 10% is just going to be the dog for both, Z2 just will have a blue core instead of a red one like its Core form.

We got third versions for four generations in a row, t's not a huge stretch that we'd see another set of sequels. I would rather have sequel/s than a prequel as well.

Idk a prequel based during AZ timeline could be interesting

So there's a tweet about Pokemon posting a picture about a folder about future projects. The last time they did that was in early 2014, a couple of months before they announced OR/AS with the only difference that one Nintendo stuff posted this

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/682252077255401473

And the hint from 2014.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/he5AWYsY-T/

Intern Pikachu knows what is up. We must pokenapp him and make him give us answers! Time to catch Pikachu maybe Team Rocket can help XD

So there's a tweet about Pokemon posting a picture about a folder about future projects. The last time they did that was in early 2014, a couple of months before they announced OR/AS with the only difference that one Nintendo stuff posted this

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/682252077255401473

And the hint from 2014.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/he5AWYsY-T/

I'm not gonna lie I saw this tweet and never once though about it being a subtle hint at anything coming soon. Just saw it and thought "that's cute." and then went on my way. I really do hope this means something.......We need an announcement soon bc people have been at each other's throats for a while now and I don't want to c it when things get really bad hahaha

I called it! :)

Maybe it's Pokemon H, a whole game focusing around the Mischief Pokemon and nothing else, everyone's expecting Zygarde and Z, or Gen 7, but no one is expecting H.

They could even have Hoopa fly in after the announcement of Pokemon H, and ask "Were you surprised!?"

Wait... He is hinting at something: "The ring of Pokemon is still getting bigger!"

Pokemon H: special Hoopa Edition confirmed.

My reaction if it was

Wait... He is hinting at something: "The ring of Pokemon is still getting bigger!"

Pokemon H: special Hoopa Edition confirmed.
I called it! 
My reaction if it was

Um, you know, "ring" can simply be used metaphorically here as in the "popularity" or "success" and not literally "ring".

Last edited:
Guys, he obviously means Ring as in the roster. South Kalos with 50 new Pokemon confirmed, obviously.

Um, you know, "ring" can simply be used metaphorically here as in the "popularity" or "success" and not literally "ring".

1. I was joking with the fandom's state of hype and looking into every word Masuda says.
2. No, he most definitely means success, but he could imply a double meaning and the word" ring" could be used on purpose.

On a serious note, I do think ring has a meaning. You have Pokemon Go and Pokken Tournament which are being poised as big releases, and even as their own branches for the competitive scene. Both are obviously gonna have sequels or a long amount of time being supported after their release, and I do think Masuda wants them to be that successful. They're not your normal spinoffs, or at least that's the way I feel.
Then you have the note about the vc releases, being nostalgic of the past and all. I genuinely think that will be the extent of Gamfreak exploring their past, with the focus on Kanto being limited to just that, with the new games being focused on the future. Meanwhile, they're challening themselves, which is the most obvious bit. But it does confirm that a game is definitely coming this year, no way around that.

On a serious note, I do think ring has a meaning. You have Pokemon Go and Pokken Tournament which are being poised as big releases, and even as their own branches for the competitive scene. Both are obviously gonna have sequels or a long amount of time being supported after their release, and I do think Masuda wants them to be that successful. They're not your normal spinoffs, or at least that's the way I feel.
Then you have the note about the vc releases, being nostalgic of the past and all. I genuinely think that will be the extent of Gamfreak exploring their past, with the focus on Kanto being limited to just that, with the new games being focused on the future. Meanwhile, they're challening themselves, which is the most obvious bit. But it does confirm that a game is definitely coming this year, no way around that.

Pokkén is basically a fighter game, and fighters fight in rings, specifically wrestlers, boxers and sumo. Sumo wrestling is Japanese as is GameFreak... Hoopa is also Japanese by extension. Japanese Ring. HOOPA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom