• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Munchlax wasn't a mess at all, it was even implemented into May's team, very smoothly might I add. It was a very smart move, cause we got info, almost all of it, but it was still a mystery as to why/where/how Munchlax would appear outside of the anime at the time. That was a different time, so we can't really say their doing the same with Zygarde, this time, I think their just fleshing out the spinoffs and preparing for a good surprise announcement in the first quarter of this year, about our said third instalment.

I want Pokemon to last me for an indefinite time outside of the online portion for the post league, or at least have something that gets me back every once and a while. So far we've had:
FRLG: The Sevii Islands. A fun postleague area offering a miniplot, some Pokemon to catch, and some cool minigames, if you actively looked for em.
Platinum- The first game that has a post league story. Diamond had something of that sort with Darkrai and Cresselia, but was much shorter and locked behind an event exclusive item. Travelling the Survival Area and leading up to the Stark Mountain climax was fun.
Along with that, we had Gym Rematches return, and the Battle Frontier. It was substantial, to say the least. You also had the contents, which I usually leave for the postleague, and a nice little house to buy furniture for.
HGSS- Well there's Kanto, but lets be honest does it count? Never been done again, and its argued that its not really beneficial to the game in the long run, which I agree. So what was added? The Pokeathlon, which was the biggest timesink yet. You also had the new Safari Zone, which as time went by got better. So you kept going back. And you could travel the region a bit, and hunt down the leaders for some lore. A pattern is starting to build methinks.
Black/White- Here's where things get interesting. 6 Routes and 3 cities are opened up, and some neat places to explore. You alsl hunt for the Sages, but its nothing special. We'll come back to how barebones it is or not in a while, when talking about XY.
B2W2- Whew.This one is a doozy. The golden standard I think, and at the least half of what we got here should be the minimum at the least for the first installments each gen. So where do we start? Half of the region is unlocked, with new and old areas mixed together to explore. New movies at the Pokestar Studios, The Pokemon World Tournament is properly available, Join Avenue unt the servers got shut down, a 10 floor battle gauntlet, and the hunt for Kyurem. The stuff these games offered kepte going for weeks.
Then we have this gen. Simce the discussion is on a Kalos retread, I wont't go into ORAS, but I do have to say that despite the lack of the frontier, it was substantial, offering the most enjoyable kitchen sink approach to stuffing the region with legendaries, the Delta Episode was engrossing, and I liked going through the contests again. Only issue it has is the lack of post league exploration, but that is an issue with the region, not the games, much like with Kalos.
So yeah XY. The only thing there is the looker episode. Battle Maison is some bare minimum content, and its personally not something to count. What is missing, and what should be added in the sequels for the gamed to be fun is two things:
Postleague areas to explore, and no, dungeons to catch legendaries does not count. Not when its been escalating over the last three gens from a couple of routes and towns to almost half a region. I want South Kalos for that reason. Both cause a sequel dhluld expand the region, but also to offer some mistique and have somewhere new to explore after the league.
Then there is nothing rewarding, no subquest or timesink to go back to. B2W2 and ORAS excel in this. Between Pokestar Studios, finding new Hidden Grottoes and expanding my Join Avenue, I was satisfied. Between contests, Mirage Spots, and secret bases I was also satisfied. I want to have something to just lounge about with, to pass my time whe also experimenting with new strategies on the side for the online portion.
That's all I want really, a continuation of the escalation and evolution of the post league all these generations.
-South Kalos as a postleague area beside the place you start in. The power plants opening up, and all those empty caves to have a purpose.
-A proper sidequest like contents, the Pokeathlon, Pokestar Studios, and hell even the musicals were fun. They managed to make movies into a minigame, so you know what? Give me PokeChef Masters. I would be over the moon for a cooking sidequest. Instead of being the battling trainer over dinner in the restaraunts of Lumiose, have us be an aspiring cook. From the small time Le Nah to the glitzy elite Sushi High Roller, you hone your skills along with your Pokemon to make the best dishes. This also allows you access to the gym rematches, as the chef of Sushi High Roller you answer battle requests from the regions elite, and even from others.
-The only consistent so far is the postleague story, and I expect no less.
-As its the 20th I expect oodles of callbacks and small details that GF never skimps on, but the 20th will likely bring out more then ever.
This comment is a lot of what I feel really. Very well said. I, too, want a game to last an indefinite amount of time (without counting online).

What I basically want for a post game is most importantly TWO things:

1. A region that keeps changing during the postgame. ORAS is the Golden standard here. No other game ever has achieved to keep the entire region RELEVANT and dynamic in the post game:
- 32 Mirage Spots randomly appearing every day/ every time you connect online. With cool hidden Pokemon to capture there.
- Super Secret bases: new ones appearing every time we go online. You need re exploring the entire region to see what you got, and that is the best part, plus you can recruit the best trainers.
Plus redisigning you base at will. Plus getting the flags
- Pokemon popoing out of the grass requiring DexNav, and sinking hours in chaining.
- a Medal System for capturing them
- Trainer's Eye rematches
All those activities push you to reexplore the entire region, and that's the best thing to do in the post game. The game keeps the entire region new and entertaining, so you can never say you have finished exploring it, THAT'S what make ORAS Postgame so good.
Plus also, Contests vs a proper Contest Boss: Lisia, Daily Resort challenges, Maison, Mauville activities, Pokemon League rematches... A lot of content really

2. A big battling complex. Here, Emerald, Platinum and B2W2 all compete for the throne, so any one of those would be awesome. Emerald has the biggest battling Complex. Seven Facilities, plus Trainer Hill, etc.
Platinum has a very cool complex.
B2W2 gives us the biggest nostalgia, fansirvice building ever: PWT. Simply Awesome.

So, in conclusion: my ideal post game content would be a mix of ORAS's constant and always dynamic region exploration + the PWT of B2W2/Frontier of Hoenn/Shinnoh

But since, objectively speaking, combining all those could be too much content (in GF's eyes), I am absolutely delighted with either one of them (Emerald, Platinum, B2W2, ORAS). They all make their post game indefinitely long, and that's what I want from a game.

Last edited:
-Unlike HGSS which came after after platinum, they can easily put PokeNav features into the holocaster, and give us stuff like the DexNav and Trainer's Eye. And its justified too, if a new device is introduced, as its a tool used by Team Flare to spy on the region. So perhaps it could be a HoloNav? Like a project from Devon Corp to introduced PokeNav features to Kalos while keeping it familiar to the denizens of the region.
-As for Mirage Spots, Hoopa can have some more spotlight, its criminally ambiguous in ORAS. Not to mention I want confirmation that Looker was summoned by it in ORAS, I need that sooooo badly.
-What's stopping thw Chatelaines from moving the Frontier to Kalos after all those years? :p

Here's what I speculate is going to happen:

March 22nd: Pokémon Z is revealed out-of-the-blue on the official website with a release date for August 27th in Japan, September 3rd in North America, September 10th for Australia and New Zealand, September 17th for Europe, and September 24th for South Korea.

April 3rd: New Mega Evolutions are revealed! Including Mega Chesnaught, Mega Delphox and Mega Greninja (bear in mind that Mega Greninja looks very different from Ash-Greninja).

April 27th: More new Mega Evolutions are revealed, one of them is Mega Milotic.

May 16th: A new type of concept is revealed, exclusive to Pokémon Z. It's the ability to dress your Pokémon and battle in a brand new type of battle called "Fashion Battles" (which are battles that only allow dressed Pokémon)!

June 5th: More new Mega Evolutions, one of them is Mega Krookodile.

June 24th: More information about the story and Team Flare's plot is unraveled, the story is identical to X/Y except they capture Zygarde and the player has to free and battle Zygarde in it's Complete Forme. Also along with that, Volcanion's Eruption Forme is revealed and it's regular appearance that we know about is called "Terrain Forme".

July 18th: Brand new features, including mini-games that can be played over Nintendo Network are announced for the upcoming Pokémon Z.

August 2nd: Just as Pokémon Z is going to be released in Japan in the next few weeks, they announce another new Mega Evolution. It's Mega Feraligator!

August 27th: Pokémon Z is released in Japan! Players can trade their Volcanion from OR/AS to Pokémon Z, in order to unlock it's new forme.

September 3rd: Pokémon Z has been released in North America! And no information regarding the Volcanion event has been announced yet.

September 10th: Pokémon Z has been released in Australia and New Zealand! And no information regarding the Volcanion event has been announced yet.

September 17th: Pokémon Z has been released in Europe! And no information regarding the Volcanion event has been announced yet.

September 24th: Pokémon Z has been released in South Korea! Players can trade their Volcanion from OR/AS to Pokémon Z, in order to unlock it's new forme.

September 27th: Pokémon Gold Version, Pokémon Silver Version and Pokémon Crystal Version have been announced for Virtual Console with a worldwide release date set for November 21st.

October 1st: Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu is revealed out of the blue on the official website, just like what happened with Pokémon Z! Which is a remake of Pokémon Yellow Version, with a worldwide release date for February 27th, 2017 (at the end of the 20th anniversary)!

November 18th: Volcanion event has been announced for Europe. And reveals a distribution date for December 6th (2016) - January 15th (2017) via GAME stores in the UK and Nintendo Zone in other European countries.

November 19th: Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Land's Power has a screening at selected Hoyts Cinemas in Australia on November 19th and 20th.

November 21st: Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal Versions have been released for Virtual Console. Along with that, Mega Meganium and Mega Typhlosion have been revealed for Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu!

December 15th: Volcanion event is announced for North America. Volcanion will be distributed from GameStop Stores from December 27th (2016) - January 20th (2017). Along with that, Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Land's Power is announced to air on Cartoon Network on January 7th, 2017!

December 24th: New Mega Evolutions are revealed for Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu! One of them is Mega Liepard.

January 1st, 2017: To celebrate the new year, new information about Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu is revealed! A post game region called the Unyte Archipelago is announced! Very different from the Sevii Islands and Orange Archipelago. This new region is based off the pacific islands.

February 6th, 2017: New Mega Evolutions have been revealed! This time, it includes Mega Conkelurr and others!

February 27th, 2017: Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu has been released everywhere in the world! And Junichi Masuda deliver a very special message to everyone, not only to say that the 20th anniversary is over, but to look forward to more new stuff in the future.

September 15th, 2017: A special live announcement is announced for September 28th.

September 28th, 2017: The broadcast announces a brand NEW generation for Nintendo's handheld called the "Swych" (a handheld with interchangeable controls), almost before it's release on October 15th in 2017 in Japan. These new Pokémon games are called Pokémon Heat, Pokémon Flora and Pokémon Liquid. For the first time ever, three new games releasing at the same time, but each country will get the games on separate dates. Japan will get it on June 14th in 2018, South Korea will get it on June 26th in 2018, North America will get it on August 20th in 2018, Europe will get it on September 5th in 2018 and finally Australia will get it on September 17th in 2018.

That's what I speculate, but really... I honestly hope this DOESN'T come true, I hope a brand new generation is announced sometime this year, with a release for this year or next year.

March 22nd: Pokémon Z is revealed out-of-the-blue on the official website with a release date for August 27th in Japan, September 3rd in North America, September 10th for Australia and New Zealand, September 17th for Europe, and September 24th for South Korea.

April 3rd: New Mega Evolutions are revealed! Including Mega Chesnaught, Mega Delphox and Mega Greninja (bear in mind that Mega Greninja looks very different from Ash-Greninja).

May 16th: A new type of concept is revealed, exclusive to Pokémon Z. It's the ability to dress your Pokémon and battle in a brand new type of battle called "Fashion Battles" (which are battles that only allow dressed Pokémon)!

June 24th: More information about the story and Team Flare's plot is unraveled, the story is identical to X/Y except they capture Zygarde and the player has to free and battle Zygarde in it's Complete Forme. Also along with that, Volcanion's Eruption Forme is revealed and it's regular appearance that we know about is called "Terrain Forme".

July 18th: Brand new features, including mini-games that can be played over Nintendo Network are announced for the upcoming Pokémon Z.

August 2nd: Just as Pokémon Z is going to be released in Japan in the next few weeks, they announce another new Mega Evolution. It's Mega Feraligator!

August 27th: Pokémon Z is released in Japan! Players can trade their Volcanion from OR/AS to Pokémon Z, in order to unlock it's new forme.

September 3rd: Pokémon Z has been released in North America! And no information regarding the Volcanion event has been announced yet.

September 10th: Pokémon Z has been released in Australia and New Zealand! And no information regarding the Volcanion event has been announced yet.

September 17th: Pokémon Z has been released in Europe! And no information regarding the Volcanion event has been announced yet.

September 24th: Pokémon Z has been released in South Korea! Players can trade their Volcanion from OR/AS to Pokémon Z, in order to unlock it's new forme.

September 27th: Pokémon Gold Version, Pokémon Silver Version and Pokémon Crystal Version have been announced for Virtual Console with a worldwide release date set for November 21st.

October 1st: Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu is revealed out of the blue on the official website, just like what happened with Pokémon Z! Which is a remake of Pokémon Yellow Version, with a worldwide release date for February 27th, 2017 (at the end of the 20th anniversary)!

November 18th: Volcanion event has been announced for Europe. And reveals a distribution date for December 6th (2016) - January 15th (2017) via GAME stores in the UK and Nintendo Zone in other European countries.

November 19th: Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Land's Power has a screening at selected Hoyts Cinemas in Australia on November 19th and 20th.

November 21st: Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal Versions have been released for Virtual Console. Along with that, Mega Meganium and Mega Typhlosion have been revealed for Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu!

December 15th: Volcanion event is announced for North America. Volcanion will be distributed from GameStop Stores from December 27th (2016) - January 20th (2017). Along with that, Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Land's Power is announced to air on Cartoon Network on January 7th, 2017!

December 24th: New Mega Evolutions are revealed for Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu! One of them is Mega Liepard.

January 1st, 2017: To celebrate the new year, new information about Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu is revealed! A post game region called the Unyte Archipelago is announced! Very different from the Sevii Islands and Orange Archipelago. This new region is based off the pacific islands.

February 6th, 2017: New Mega Evolutions have been revealed! This time, it includes Mega Conkelurr and others!

February 27th, 2017: Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu has been released everywhere in the world! And Junichi Masuda deliver a very special message to everyone, not only to say that the 20th anniversary is over, but to look forward to more new stuff in the future.

September 15th, 2017: A special live announcement is announced for September 28th.

September 28th, 2017: The broadcast announces a brand NEW generation for Nintendo's handheld called the "Swych" (a handheld with interchangeable controls), almost before it's release on October 15th in 2017 in Japan. These new Pokémon games are called Pokémon Heat, Pokémon Flora and Pokémon Liquid. For the first time ever, three new games releasing at the same time, but each country will get the games on separate dates. Japan will get it on June 14th in 2018, South Korea will get it on June 26th in 2018, North America will get it on August 20th in 2018, Europe will get it on September 5th in 2018 and finally Australia will get it on September 17th in 2018.

That's what I speculate, but really... I honestly hope this DOESN'T come true, I hope a brand new generation is announced sometime this year, with a release for this year or next year.
There are only two possible explanations for what you wrote here:

1. Your uncle works at Nintendo.
2. Your dad works at Nintendo

There is only two possible explanations for what you wrote here:

1. Your uncle works at Nintendo.
2. Your dad works at Nintendo
3. They are incredibly high.

lol @ those sloppy release dates, Europe & Australia usually get the games at the same times. Plus GF really seemed to enjoy the worldwide release for X/Y, so I think they'll attempt to do that with most future titles. They got pretty close with OR/AS.

On Volcanion, I think we may see distribution for it sooner than the end of this year. They revealed it as soon as Japan learned about it, so I think they may have something planned for earlier in the year.

I lowkey want Red & Green remakes just to see if they keep the channelers's weird lines in. The "kekekekekekekekeke" and "fufufufufufufufufu" ones always amuse me.

WOW!!!! Your incredibly imaginative hahahaha As I continued to read ur post I kept thinking you were gonna stop, but u went so far into the future! hahaha I can't say I hate what you've written, but I will say that I think something even close to this is very unlikely. I don't believe GF will ever release games at such a rapid rate. Sure one per year has happened, but for such a large volume of STUFF to come out in just a single year seems suffocating lol Also I can't believe they would drag Gen 6 out anymore than one more game. It's just not feasible. Finally if the rumors for Nintendo's NX are any indication I can't c there being a handheld in the fashion we are use to happening. Whatever they're planning, at least according to the rumors, will likely change the way people c "handhelds" for Nintendo. I will say u could b right about any game announcements just being dropped on a website with no build up. It could very well happen. It happened b4 and it certainly can happen again. I really do hope tho that the announcement for what we're getting next comes sooner than March........I feel like it makes more sense for it to come in March as that way they don't over shadow RGBY coming out on VC, but it pains me to think that we'll continue waiting hahaha

I want GSC VC releases... Will Nintendo finally release the Japanese exclusive Cristal elements world wide?

I hope it comes out this year... The nostalgia is to strong xD Silver was my first Pokemon game and I haven't played Crystal yet...

Last edited:
GSC rereleases could happen next gen, much like this gen had Kanto, next gen has Johto on the backburner. Starter Megas as well. Otherwise RGBY, GSC, and the next iteratoon of gen 6 with gen 7 a year after is overkill. I would be drowning in fatigue by then, like most people.

I just realized something! Every Pokémon Movie (except for the 2nd one) always had a temporary name to hide the name of a brand new Pokémon or even to hide it's appearance in it's second poster. However, as we know... Zoroark was hinted when it showed a shadowy Ash and the name of the movie at the time was called "Ruler of Illusions: Z". But this time, it seems they want to hide it completely, so that we don't even get any hint of a new Pokémon, so then they can surprise us all when they do reveal this new Pokémon. Since Volcanion has been revealed and we already know Zygarde is going to be in the film, wouldn't it make sense to reveal an entirely new Pokémon for the movie? And by "new Pokémon", I don't mean formes.

That's the general consensus, yes. Just with the way they handle new Pokemon and the new generation they belong in, that would mean gen 7 is coming this year, not the next. And so far, I don't think that's happening. Gen 5 and 6 had January reveals, well Gen 5 in all but name and detail, and it doesn't look like that's happening. But we'll see I guess.

For all we know, Game Freak would reveal some major news on the 20th anniversary and we don't even know about it. So they might be hiding it until then.

I want Pokemon to last me for an indefinite time outside of the online portion for the post league, or at least have something that gets me back every once and a while.
Whatever game comes next absolutely needs to be something that's built to last in my opinion. I think having so much of Pokemon's substance lie with online and the competitive environment only hurts it in the long run.

The last time I tried playing in the "XY League" for example, it was practically a barren wasteland. The game couldn't find anybody playing in Rated at all, and of course they're no longer holding anything official outside of ORAS because lolcompatibility. Safe to say that most have moved on to the new Metagame regardless because of how much more is available. And without a relevant or active online scene (when everyone moves on), that major source of replay value is shot (Meanwhile games like 4th and 5th Gen, even without Nintendo Wi-Fi or the Global Link still have a-lot of offline and solo activities to come back to).

I'll be damned if this is how we go out for the 20th. lol.

Last edited:

It is possible for Gold, Silver and Crystal to be put on the virtual console. Yellow remakes is unlikely to happen as FRLG are the remakes of Kanto and Yellow is going on the virtual console. Gen 7 is also unlikely since there is still plenty of stuff to do for Z and gen 6 should end with one last Kalos game which would be a major improvement over XY.

"Ruler of Illusions: Z".

ZOROARK/ZYGARDE ULTIMATE FURRY FUSION EVOLUTION CONFIRMED

this time, it seems they want to hide it completely, so that we don't even get any hint of a new Pokémon, so then they can surprise us all when they do reveal this new Pokémon. Since Volcanion has been revealed and we already know Zygarde is going to be in the film, wouldn't it make sense to reveal an entirely new Pokémon for the movie? And by "new Pokémon", I don't mean formes.

This is kindof why I think we may see a new Pokemon this year. They have no reason to hold back the title any longer, but we don't know it yet. Revealed alongside a new Pokemon, maybe?

That said, the Pokemon could be the Eternal Floette, which would align with the 'Flowers' hint we were given several months ago.

As for Zygarde appearing in the movie, was there any confirmation beyond teaser shown at the end of the 18th movie?

Last edited:
The gachapan machines for movie 19 ad, which is the limpest bit of evidence, about on the same level as "there's ads for figures hiding stuff, so it must be new! " And squishy for the Pikachu Short. Watever that entails, I have no idea. Its the new cute I guess, gotta make bucks on it in a movie.

Anyway, a New Pokemon is not happening for the movie, not this year. I'd make any bwt you want against it happening.

As for Zygarde appearing in the movie, was there any confirmation beyond teaser shown at the end of the 18th movie?
None.

I think it might just turn out to be the same as when Ho-Oh and Lugia were in the Arceus teaser (they were only there because of being recent mascots for the mainline games).

Someone brought it up a while back, but Zygarde was sorta glanced over in the Volcanion teaser with the other Kalos Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom