• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gachapan machines for movie 19 ad, which is the limpest bit of evidence, about on the same level as "there's ads for figures hiding stuff, so it must be new! " And squishy for the Pikachu Short. Watever that entails, I have no idea. Its the new cute I guess, gotta make bucks on it in a movie.

Anyway, a New Pokemon is not happening for the movie, not this year. I'd make any bwt you want against it happening.

The last movie of every generation has introduced new Pokémon (Kanto - Lugia, Johto - Lati@s, Hoenn - Manaphy, Chatot and Buizel, Sinnoh - Zorua line, Unova - Mega Mewtwo Y), so I'll definitely bet that the last Kalos movie has a Gen. 7 Pokémon. Your move.

None.

I think it might just turn out to be the same as when Ho-Oh and Lugia were in the Arceus teaser (they were only there because of being recent mascots for the mainline games).

I hope that is not the case. Lugia and Ho-oh were different because they weren't the third legendary pokemon like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. Zygarde is considered the third legendary because it is the only other Kalo legendary that can be caught in the game. Rayquaza had a movie, Giratina had a movie to showcase Origin form, Kyurem had a movie to showcase Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. It makes sense to for Zygarde to appear in the movie with Volcanion and both are the last gen 6 legendary/mythical to be in a movie. I know Zygarde and it's forms were in the anime but I still think it would get to be in the movie.

Nothing confirms Zygarde will be in the movie but we've had more evidence to suggest he will be than he won't be.

Zygarde was in the first trailer at the end of the hoopa movie
The announcer really emphasising the Z part in the trailer, taking a pause before and then exclaiming loudly.
Zygarde core is in the poster for the short
Zygarde is all over the movie merchandise (not just being in a machine but getting a whole machine to itself.

The only thing to suggest he won't be in the movie is some previous example 5 years ago where the 2 Pokemon in the first trailer werent actually in the following movie.

Munchlax wasn't a mess at all, it was even implemented into May's team, very smoothly might I add. It was a very smart move, cause we got info, almost all of it, but it was still a mystery as to why/where/how Munchlax would appear outside of the anime at the time. That was a different time, so we can't really say their doing the same with Zygarde, this time, I think their just fleshing out the spinoffs and preparing for a good surprise announcement in the first quarter of this year, about our said third instalment.
And what about ho-oh shown off in the first episode of the anime in 1997 and gold and sliver didn't even come out till 1999 (in japan I think) SO we have examples of legends shown long before their game too. Even if they did try to play ho-oh off as articuno

I know Xerneas & Yveltal weren't in the second movie with "XY" in it's name (Hoopa one), but is it not fairly a clue leaning towards Zygarde being in this next movie, considering it's been named movie XY&Z ect, I know Volcanion has nothing to do with that title either. But if there is a 'Z' in the title, and no Zygarde at all, or anything heavily story based on it, what is the point of adding the 'Z' to begin with? lol.

Zygarde was in the first trailer at the end of the hoopa movie
And Ho-oh and Lugia were in the teaser for movie 13 which turned out to be about Zoroark.

The announcer really emphasising the Z part in the trailer, taking a pause before and then exclaiming loudly.
Or maybe the emphasis was due to the fact it was the very first movie of the XY&Z series?

Zygarde core is in the poster for the short
The posters are known for using Pokemon that have left long time ago. The core is cute, adorable, marketable and is therefore in the poster.

Zygarde is all over the movie merchandise (not just being in a machine but getting a whole machine to itself.
The only legit evidence, in my opinion.

The only thing to suggest he won't be in the movie is some previous example 5 years ago where the 2 Pokemon in the first trailer werent actually in the following movie.
Also the fact it will appear in the anime series, so a movie focus would be redundant.

And Ho-oh and Lugia were in the teaser for movie 13 which turned out to be about Zoroark.
This has to be the weakest argument ever. This has happened once in 18 movies. The other 17 movies have never done this, but there are a certain element on these forums who like to portray what happened once out of 18 times there is nothing to suggest it will happen again. It's not even like this was the most recent movie so you could suggest they were starting now, this happened once, 6 years ago. We've had about 4 or 5 movies since then which have kept to the point of the legends in the first trailer being in the film.
Or maybe the emphasis was due to the fact it was the very first movie of the XY&Z series?
You keep saying this and it doesn't make anymore sense than when you first said it. Again this has never happened before. They have never made a big thing of the Movie sharing the same provisional title of the current series. You suggested the same thing happened in Gen 5 with Season 2 of best wishes and it was proven false.
The posters are known for using Pokemon that have left long time ago. The core is cute, adorable, marketable and is therefore in the poster.
Known for it are they? I will concede it has happened in the past, but I wouldn't say they are "known for it" Again, it's much more common for the Pokemon featured to still be with the gang than to not be. Not to mention it is right in the centre of the poster so likely to play a big part. And your argument about it being redundant doesnt apply to the short why exactly???
The only legit evidence, in my opinion.

Also the fact it will appear in the anime series, so a movie focus would be redundant.

DIdn't stop Reshiram/Zekrom, Darkrai, the legendary birds, etc I mean the last movie was full of legends that already had their own films.

Masuda could announce the next game tomorrow and end our suffering, i mean it wouldnt effect when it was released but just tell us what is being released.

I wouldn't be surprised if he reads this page as entertainment. Like the old roman colloseums

Let's talk about something else.

Maybe the Greninja Amiibo might unlock Ash-Greninja, You get a choice out of one of the Charizard/Mewtwo megastones, and the ammibo unlocks the other one. What could the other amiibo do?

None.

I think it might just turn out to be the same as when Ho-Oh and Lugia were in the Arceus teaser (they were only there because of being recent mascots for the mainline games).

Someone brought it up a while back, but Zygarde was sorta glanced over in the Volcanion teaser with the other Kalos Legends.

Ah, ok. I didn't think it had, but I was wondering if it might have been something I'd missed somewhere along the line. Thanks.

The ambiguity of it all is a bit disconcerting.

We need news.

There's normally stuff in the Jan & Feb CoroCoro issues, so not much longer until we get something.

I think RGBY VC releases, Pokken, Pokemon Go, and a main series game, is what we are getting for the 20th anniversary year.

This is a lot, objectively speaking, but ultimately it's going to be more about the QUALITY of those games, not the quantity.

I have no interest in Pokken.

I am hoping for Pokemon Go to surprise us in a positive way, but I suspect it is going to be a very casual oriented game, something like a fishing rod to attracting the casual smartphone fandom to the main series.

I am hoping for the VC gen I releases to surprise me with some neat new extra, and at least to fix all the bugs/move issues of the originals.

And most important, I am hoping for the main series game to be of high quality and to have a lot of content (like BW2, Platinum and ORAS).

Last edited:
Ah, ok. I didn't think it had, but I was wondering if it might have been something I'd missed somewhere along the line. Thanks.
Sure :]

Maybe the Greninja Amiibo might unlock Ash-Greninja, You get a choice out of one of the Charizard/Mewtwo megastones, and the ammibo unlocks the other one. What could the other amiibo do?

I fully expect Amiibo costumes for custom trainers, assuming we get it back. Just seems like a given ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it's time for GF to start hyping the Anniversary already.

Especially a main series game announcement.

What are they waiting for to announce it? They can release it much later if they want to, but at least acknowledge the existence of a new game.

Zygarde's new forms are gonna lose all their hyping power if nothing is announced soon.

Last edited:
I expect the hype train to start around March as that's when it usually does for big games in the spring.

I am hoping for the VC gen I releases to surprise me with some neat new extra, and at least to fix all the bugs/move issues of the originals.

You're going to be severely disappointed. The only confirmed change is the addition of local wireless trading. We can assume they've fixed most if not all the glitches (goodbye, Missingno.) and we can also assume they fixed the major bug of Psychic not being weak to Ghost, despite that being their intention. But assuming is not the same as confirmation.

And I honestly don't care what the new games bring, as long as Trainer Customization comes back and we can customize our characters to look like every game incarnation of the protagonists (Red's Generation 1 and 3 outfits for example, or Kris as well as Lyra, or Leaf's discarded Gen. 1 design and her Gen. 3 design, etc.). I need to play as Kris one last time. And I wanna rock Leaf's black dress and Mickey Mouse gloves (and NO HEADWEAR).

You're going to be severely disappointed. The only confirmed change is the addition of local wireless trading. We can assume they've fixed most if not all the glitches (goodbye, Missingno.) and we can also assume they fixed the major bug of Psychic not being weak to Ghost, despite that being their intention. But assuming is not the same as confirmation.

And I honestly don't care what the new games bring, as long as Trainer Customization comes back and we can customize our characters to look like every game incarnation of the protagonists (Red's Generation 1 and 3 outfits for example, or Kris as well as Lyra, or Leaf's discarded Gen. 1 design and her Gen. 3 design, etc.). I need to play as Kris one last time. And I wanna rock Leaf's black dress and Mickey Mouse gloves (and NO HEADWEAR).
I would be really hyped for RBY VC releases if those things are fixed, and NPCs were rematchable, but I doubt it too.

As for the new gen VI game, I would like the idea of being able to play as all past generation PC tbh.

Last edited:
still nothing new, well thats good I guess since alot of people were complaining that a release each year makes the games rushed. Now watch as Z comes out feeling just as rushed and with no post game.

And still both teams worked for 3 years on XY, and they still consider them rushed. More time doesn't automatically mean better game like many previous games like Sonic Boom (3 years development with external help!) showed to us.
Gen 3 also released all main games within 2 years and FR/LG only took 4 months of actual development.

This is rather still the same formular since R/S. Releasing the first games of the generation half baked for the sake of the enhanced version adding more features to attract more people to buy them.

This. Come on people, be patient already, they'll announce the next main series game when they're ready. And like i said earlier, munchlax was revealed in 2004, yet dianmond and pearl weren't even released until 2006. People act like it's the first time they're making us wait

But there was a reason why Munchlax got released after the 7th movie. D/P was meant to come out by the end of 2005, but got delayed into 2006 due to development problems (which is quite funny because creating games for the DS was easier than in previous handhelds).
This is why we got 2 movies with 4th gen pokemon being the star and why we actually got the BF arc in the anime after DP got delayed.

Also a new generation is more than only a third version. Hyping things up for more than a year was usual in the past, but teasing new forms of pokemon up for more than 5 months is more mindbreaking than no teasing, since we have information about something, that will be in the next games and excite the fans for the announcement.

That's what I speculate, but really... I honestly hope this DOESN'T come true, I hope a brand new generation is announced sometime this year, with a release for this year or next year.

Gen 6 won't be longer than 4 years, except if there's a Gen 6.5 with new leaders, pokemon and a subregion, that is still a part of Kalos. Then maybe another 2,5 years, but even in that situation, Kalos shouldn't be longer than 5 years. I don't expect a new gen this year. And how slow the anime TF arc is handled and the movie poster including the Zygarde Core implying that TF arc will last much longer than expected (and the new years preview not even showing the TF final) and the things after the arc like the last gym battle, league etc., there's not much time to fill everything and a 2 months league in 9-10 months, since they only reveal new gens in fall.

Also I don't expect GSC versions on the E-Shop soon. The RBGY E-Shop release was only because of the 20th anniversaty.

I expect the last gen VI games to come out in summer, lined up before the possible TF final after the 19th movie.

Last edited:
And still both teams worked for 3 years on XY, and they still consider them rushed. More time doesn't automatically mean better game like many previous games like Sonic Boom showed to us.
Gen 3 also released all main games within 2 years and FR/LG only took 4 months of actual development.

This is rather still the sae formular since R/S. Releasing the first games of the generation half baked for the sake of the enhanced version adding more features to attract more people to buy them.

I completely agree with your comment, but could you provide a source for the statement about FRLG being developed in four months? If this is true, it supports my opinion even more.

It's not: longer development period = better game.

The amount of staff members involved in the project, and their work rate matters the most.

Last edited:
I completely agree with your comment, but could you provide a source for the statement about FRLG being developed in four months? If this is true, it supports my opinion even more.

That was from an interview with I believe Masuda. They explained how the came to the idea to port the Gen 1 games into the GBA with the R/S graphics as a more smaller project. If I will find the interview, I will post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom