• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was from an interview with I believe Masuda. They explained how the came to the idea to port the Gen 1 games into the GBA with the R/S graphics as a more smaller project. If I will find the interview, I will post it here.
Please do, it sounds like an interestimg interview.

But yeah, it's just logical:
50 devs working on a game for 2 years = 100 devs working on a game for 1 year.

Last edited:
Damn son, we might be "arguing" (not actually) and discussing as Pokémon fans all the way to 2099 if GF doesn't do something (something, whatever they do, a teaser, whatever). It's actually a bit funny and silly. But seriously, I think GF should do a main game to celebrate the 20th anniversary, and it would be cool if costumization could include all the past games PCs' clothes, and being able to combine the clothes of Red, Gold (I know it's Ethan but I prefer to call him Gold), Brendan RS and E, Lucas, Hilbert, and Nate. The same with the girls.

You know what would be even better? Nintendo themed PC costumes.

Mario, Link, Zelda, Samus, DK, Luigi, Fox, etc. They'd make some really fun costumes.

Maybe they could even be unlocked via the Amiibo.

Here is what I think might happen:
January - movie news with Zygarde to feature in it.
February - release of Green, Red, Blue and Yellow on virtual console
March - possible form/mega evolution of Volcanion and announcement of Pokemon Z

What I don't think is going to happen:
Gen 6.5 - makes no sense since gen 7 would be right after Z and it would be a waste of time making a new batch of pokemon if gen 7 is coming.
Kanto remake - unlikely since RBGY are going on the virtual console and we already got remakes (FRLG).
Sinnoh remake - Usually remakes take about 5 years to happen and we just had ORAS. Plus it is likely to be on a new console like others
Gen 7 - I can only see gen 7 happen in 2017 but they could reveal one of them in November/December 2016..

Of course the game can be announced at any time regardless of my guesses. It could be announced tomorrow or in May like ORAS. I think the game would be pretty decent if Game Freak is taking their time with it. The story and post game could be very impressive for all we know.

I believe in Z for several reasons:

Zygarde is the only legendary of Kalos to not be a mascot and is not really mentioned in the game by anyone like Rayquaza in Ruby/Sapphire, Giratina in D/P and Kyurem in B/W.
Eternal Floette has yet to be released in game or event.
Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves are yet to be released which is similar to Ice Burn and Freeze Shock before B2 and W2.
The story and post game of Kalos needs improvement.
New areas or another region that wasn't known about in XY could be in Z.

That is all I can think of at the moment but these are the reasons for Z.

And still both teams worked for 3 years on XY, and they still consider them rushed. More time doesn't automatically mean better game like many previous games like Sonic Boom (3 years development with external help!) showed to us.
Gen 3 also released all main games within 2 years and FR/LG only took 4 months of actual development.

This is rather still the same formular since R/S. Releasing the first games of the generation half baked for the sake of the enhanced version adding more features to attract more people to buy them.

But there was a reason why Munchlax got released after the 7th movie. D/P was meant to come out by the end of 2005, but got delayed into 2006 due to development problems (which is quite funny because creating games for the DS was easier than in previous handhelds).
This is why we got 2 movies with 4th gen pokemon being the star and why we actually got the BF arc in the anime after DP got delayed.

Also a new generation is more than only a third version. Hyping things up for more than a year was usual in the past, but teasing new forms of pokemon up for more than 5 months is more mindbreaking than no teasing, since we have information about something, that will be in the next games and excite the fans for the announcement.

Gen 6 won't be longer than 4 years, except if there's a Gen 6.5 with new leaders, pokemon and a subregion, that is still a part of Kalos. Then maybe another 2,5 years, but even in that situation, Kalos shouldn't be longer than 5 years. I don't expect a new gen this year. And how slow the anime TF arc is handled and the movie poster including the Zygarde Core implying that TF arc will last much longer than expected (and the new years preview not even showing the TF final) and the things after the arc like the last gym battle, league etc., there's not much time to fill everything and a 2 months league in 9-10 months, since they only reveal new gens in fall.

This generation was revealed in January of 2013, winter not fall. Also I do believe the last generation was revealed in January/December as well IIRC. I could be wrong however.

Black/White was formally announced in May, but gen 5 was confirmed in January 2010, when they still had investor meetings in January. Then we gor Zoroark in February. And that was when we still had 5 monthbgaps for the localization, with the NTC/PAL release still a year or more away. So yeah, if gen 7 were to happen this year, I would assume we would have wind of announcement y now. CoroCoro might not have exclusive announcenent rights, but the games always get revealed in the first half of the month, at the least to have a 2 page spread in CoroCoro to have an extra outlet for spreading the news.
I honestly doubt we are looking gen 7 this year, unless they suddenlh decide that revealing it in May, months after the hypothetical new Pokemon debuting in February is suddenly a perfect strategy again.

You know what would be even better? Nintendo themed PC costumes.

Mario, Link, Zelda, Samus, DK, Luigi, Fox, etc. They'd make some really fun costumes.

Maybe they could even be unlocked via the Amiibo.

My biggest wish is that they implement a QR code reader for outfits, like Animal Crossing. Nothing would please me more than running around getting badges dressed as Akemi Homura or winning the league in an Evangelion plugsuit.

Game Freak has confused me to a point I don't know what game to expect next.

Congratulations, Masuda, your mind game has succeded xD

LOL. Same. Well, they did say they wanted to be less predictable, didn't they? I think we can safely say it worked, because none of us know what the f--- is going on.

This generation was revealed in January of 2013, winter not fall. Also I do believe the last generation was revealed in January/December as well IIRC. I could be wrong however.

Sry with reveal, I meant the release. Thx for noticing

So what I think will be the one of the most likely scenario would be a combination of a third version and a sequel. A new game about the same protagonist, Lysandre and TF capturing Zxygarde instead of Yveltal and Xerneas etc. In the same timezone, but in another parallel world with new areas, expanded story line, new battle facilities, maybe new leaders etc.

My biggest wish is that they implement a QR code reader for outfits, like Animal Crossing. Nothing would please me more than running around getting badges dressed as Akemi Homura or winning the league in an Evangelion plugsuit.

LOL. Same. Well, they did say they wanted to be less predictable, didn't they? I think we can safely say it worked, because none of us know what the f--- is going on.
Exactly! His mind games and "we wanna surprise fans" sh*t has worked. We are all confused xd

I want to have two Aegislash and if it could happen like with the Animal Crossing thing dress like Kirito (SAO) in-game in Z... Or whatever comes. It can be really interesting if GF decides to make a reference to other franchises of Nintendo with the customization. If it can have the Animal Crossing thing, I'd get revenge for waiting so long for the game by dressing as the hero of Yokai Watch (or Digimon)!!!!! XD

I just want to be able to dress up as Kris, or as Leaf's Gen. 1 design, or Dawn's DP outfit. I already played as Calem in X and Brendan in AS, it's time for me to play as Serena this gen. :p

I think we will get the announcement in the first quarter, so January to March. With the game(s) coming out 4 to 5 months later.
I can't see Generation 7 happening as we'd need to have seen some hints of a new Pokemon by now and I don't understand why they would drop Kalos after just 1 set of games. Not to mention Kalos is only about half of France. I can't see them leaving the southern half blank.

I just want to be able to dress up as Kris, or as Leaf's Gen. 1 design, or Dawn's DP outfit. I already played as Calem in X and Brendan in AS, it's time for me to play as Serena this gen. :p
I'd love to play as Ethan or Red, or even Hilbert... Not a big fan of Calem tbh.

Here's a thought: What if we get Z as part of Gen VII? As in the first Gen VII games are released this year and then Z later on. Unlikely I know, but that would certainly achieve the "surprise" GF supposedly wants.

I'd love to play as Ethan or Red, or even Hilbert... Not a big fan of Calem tbh.
Calem and Serena suffer a lot from character cudtomization unfortunately. Yes as rivals they are their own character, but there is nothing they can do with them because of how personal the PC has become. Its why I thank the heavens Char. Cust. stayed out of ORAS. Yes, the PC has always been a nonverbal, noncharacterized avatar in the world, but it just feels wrong to have them be projections of what, you the player are. The world of Pokemon is that, a world apart from ours. I play the games to experience the world and travel it as GF intends me to travel it, as a trainer from this small town. Not me, Mitch, travelling the region. I'm a purist in this regard, and will be to the end. Pokemon will lose its identity if they have the feature as a mainstay.

Calem and Serena suffer a lot from character cudtomization unfortunately. Yes as rivals they are their own character, but there is nothing they can do with them because of how personal the PC has become. Its why I thank the heavens Char. Cust. stayed out of ORAS. Yes, the PC has always been a nonverbal, noncharacterized avatar in the world, but it just feels wrong to have them be projections of what, you the player are. The world of Pokemon is that, a world apart from ours. I play the games to experience the world and travel it as GF intends me to travel it, as a trainer from this small town. Not me, Mitch, travelling the region. I'm a purist in this regard, and will be to the end. Pokemon will lose its identity if they have the feature as a mainstay.

Oh wow, I've never seen anyone dislike character customisation before, but that's what makes this site so interesting, a confluence of different opinions.
Personally I think the whole point of an RPG where the character shows no personality is that it is you in the games ie you fill the void with your own personality.

I think they should go one step further and abolish the concept of male clothes and female clothes (in Triforce Heroes, link can wear dresses) and for once I'd like to travel without the silly hat. I thought Brendan didn't have a hat until I realise, his white hair, was the hat!

I strongly disagree. Do you think Pokemon, or gen 2 would be so iconic with the red battlw at Mt Silver if he was just a doll you dress up? That's eight, it wouldn't be at all.

Here's a thought: What if we get Z as part of Gen VII? As in the first Gen VII games are released this year and then Z later on. Unlikely I know, but that would certainly achieve the "surprise" GF supposedly wants.

All new gen games have pokemon of that gen as the mascot of the game. Zygarde has no purpose in gen 7 and should not take focus away from gen 7 legendary mascots. Gen 6 is far from done in my opinion. Gen 6 started with Kalos games and should end with a Kalos game.

As for customization, it was never any interest to me and doesn't serve much purpose in the games. I couldn't be bother with it and probably won't give it a go in Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom