• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To capitalize on the success of Super Mario Maker, Nintendo will be releasing Pokemon Maker. Build your own region!!

I would actually be so here for this. Pokémon ROM hacks would become (mostly) obsolete, and there would be no need to re-release older games 'cause fans could 100% recreate them! :D

Calem and Serena suffer a lot from character cudtomization unfortunately. Yes as rivals they are their own character, but there is nothing they can do with them because of how personal the PC has become. Its why I thank the heavens Char. Cust. stayed out of ORAS. Yes, the PC has always been a nonverbal, noncharacterized avatar in the world, but it just feels wrong to have them be projections of what, you the player are. The world of Pokemon is that, a world apart from ours. I play the games to experience the world and travel it as GF intends me to travel it, as a trainer from this small town. Not me, Mitch, travelling the region. I'm a purist in this regard, and will be to the end. Pokemon will lose its identity if they have the feature as a mainstay.
You are one of the few that agree with me on that. I was actually glad Character Customization wasn't in ORAS.

I wouldn't mind if it stays as a Kalos exclusive. Especially if the clothes selection is so bland like it was. (or if it's gonna stay as a main feature, at least make it accessible from the touch screen, not with shops visible in game).

Hopefully, set characters from past generations will substitute Character Customization in future gens. I would gladly chose between Brendan, Ethan, etc.

Last edited:
I strongly disagree. Do you think Pokemon, or gen 2 would be so iconic with the red battlw at Mt Silver if he was just a doll you dress up? That's eight, it wouldn't be at all.
??????

1) the point of silent protagonists is so you can create their personality, their image, and so on. customization adds to that depth.

2) Red was popular because it hadn't been done and people thought he was supposed to be like Ash. thus, omg wtf so cool u can fite Ash ~ ~ ~

????¿¿¿

so yes. Gen II would be iconic regardless of customization.

To capitalize on the success of Super Mario Maker, Nintendo will be releasing Pokemon Maker. Build your own region!!
I would actually be so here for this. Pokémon ROM hacks would become (mostly) obsolete, and there would be no need to re-release older games 'cause fans could 100% recreate them! :D
This would be completely fine for them to do. For them to use the excuse that it could make people not buy future games, as long as they have new generations, there will always be something that a Pokemon Creator wouldn't have. To keep people from not buying the new games though I would say it would probably be released on Wii U or whatever home console. Plus, I would assume the only tile set "styles" would be Gameboy through BW DS era, since XY full 3D is probably something much too demanding to have certain custom things from other gens be recreated just for a side game. Think of how cool it would be trading, you could be getting something you made not native in your custom region from another's.

I don't believe that would work. The only ones who would make new regions is Game Freak and the same applies to new pokemon. I also doubt they allow you to recreate previous generation regions either.

The designs of Pokemon (the creatures) should be Game Freak exclusive. Nobody else should design Pokemon imo.

But a Pokemon Region maker would be just an awesome game. I'd love to make my own Pokemon region!

My personal one would be a mixture of Hoenn and the Orange Islands, with an extra Johto and Unova touch.

Seriously, this game would be revolutionary!

They could launch one each generation, with the Pokemon available in that generation.

It would be awesome, at least in theory. I mean, we should take in account that Mario is a much simpler game than Pokemon. So a Pokemon Region maker could not be so easy to function as Mario.

However, Game Freak are so good at designing Pokemon regions, that we don't really need to create our own ones...

Last edited:
This Pokemon maker would be great fan service to those that wanted sprites back, every asset in the game would need to be simplified so I think the way things were up to BW art style wise would make the most sense...

I'd prefer customization stick around. It makes the game more engaging and adds a sense of realism. It's only logical that the PC's attire would change with the locations/seasons. There's something weird about ORAS with seeing Brendan wearing short sleeves and track shorts in a place like the ice floor in Shoal Cave (and more so with May, who's less covered). Plus, I thought the default designs in XY were lacking. Calem looks terrible with the long hair, and Serena looks really strange doing all those roller blade tricks in a dress.

All new gen games have pokemon of that gen as the mascot of the game. Zygarde has no purpose in gen 7 and should not take focus away from gen 7 legendary mascots.

I'm not seeing how it would do that, or why it's even a problem.

Reactions: !Z!
This waiting is just terrible......One thing I wish would start back up again are the rumors.....although they usually don't fully start until the games are announced....I kno some people don't like them bc they tend to over hype people and things can get out of hand, but it's still better then silence mixed with people arguing about random stuff hahaha I like rumors bc they not only help pass the time by having something to read, but it give my imagination a boost and makes me excited to play the real games. It certainly makes the dead months feel like we aren't just sitting around waiting for nothing hahaha

There's a difference between surprising us and doing something unpractical and worthless. Putting Zygarde and Kalos in Gen VII is pointless, limiting compatibility with the previous Kalos games. It's pretty much a Gen VI game in Gen VII's place. Does that mean that the Gen VII third Version will be in Gen VIII? It would be pointless to drop the region quickly and drop the next one to return to it just as fast. What is the point of putting Gen VI in Gen VII? I can't see any reasons.

It would be pointless to drop the region quickly and drop the next one to return to it just as fast. What is the point of putting Gen VI in Gen VII? I can't see any reasons.

I don't see how it's any more pointless than putting Gen III in Gen VI or Gen II in Gen IV.

Aren't we supposed to get getting something in this month's CoroCoro magazine? I can't remember if we're supposed to or not...

Aren't we supposed to get getting something in this month's CoroCoro magazine? I can't remember if we're supposed to or not...
Idk about this month for sure, but usually the issues that come out in February have at least some movie stuff. I suppose we could get stuff this month in general, but I can't remember if anything was said. *sigh*..............I just.........I just wish they would at the very least acknowledge that there's a game coming and that they'll say something soon. At the very least then we'd have a time frame that was just us grasping at straws haha

I don't see how it's any more pointless than putting Gen III in Gen VI or Gen II in Gen IV.
except those appeared as remakes. although you could easily argue that third versions are the original remakes, there's a difference between a remake appearing in a newer generation and a presumably entire new experience.

This would be completely fine for them to do. For them to use the excuse that it could make people not buy future games, as long as they have new generations, there will always be something that a Pokemon Creator wouldn't have. To keep people from not buying the new games though I would say it would probably be released on Wii U or whatever home console. Plus, I would assume the only tile set "styles" would be Gameboy through BW DS era, since XY full 3D is probably something much too demanding to have certain custom things from other gens be recreated just for a side game. Think of how cool it would be trading, you could be getting something you made not native in your custom region from another's.

See, I would love the ability to create a region from scratch using everything from the original Gen. 1 stuff right up until Gen. 5, and they could create updates that bring in the newer Pokémon, bringing longevity to this game.

Also, it could have Gen. 1 sprites for newer Pokémon like Mega's, Eeveelutions, LEAF'S GENERATION ONE DESIGN WITH HER BLACK DRESS

As well as Unova style sprites for the Gen. 1 designs (Red's Ash-like jacket as well as his FRLG design)

All the old stuff could be made in the newer styles, while all the new stuff could be made in the older styles. It'd be a lot of work, but it would have even more pay-off. It could probably be the best-selling Pokémon game of all time if done correctly.

The designs of Pokemon (the creatures) should be Game Freak exclusive. Nobody else should design Pokemon imo.

However, Game Freak are so good at designing Pokemon regions, that we don't really need to create our own ones...

But we wouldn't be able to bring in original fan-made Pokémon or original fan-made characters. It'd literally be *pick 8 gym leaders from past characters, pick the Elite 4+Champion, pick the Evil Team, pick the rivals, pick the PC's, pick the Pokédex roster, and there you go* all from previous characters.

And IDK about you, but I definitely have the perfect idea for my own region, which is unlike anything GameFreak has made, and has its roots in both the Strange Souvenir region and the Guyana region.

There is still time for a game announcement but the date for it would remain unknown until it comes. I don't think corocoro would announced Z since Platinum was the only one to be announced. I learnt my lesson when it comes to big news for corocoro and I won't expect game related from future corocoro. I wasn't happy at first when it turned out to be Volcanion in last issue but at least it has been released now and we don't have to wait it any longer. I really think the whole Pokemon region maker thing wouldn't work due to the amount of work that people have to put into it and I don't think Game Freak would allow this in my opinion. Still no word for Australia and New Zealand for the Hoopa event which is disappointing.

Who knows? Maybe they'll have something similar in an Amie-aspect but with a 'mario marker-esque towards it? We don't really know what Gamefreak has planned for the 20th Anniversary. None of us have a clue what they have up their sleeve.

Third versions are completely different from remakes. Third versions change the story and experience a little, while remakes modernise old games. "Modernising" a Gen VI game in Gen VII or changing the story in a completely irrelevant region contradicts the reason on why Gens are made in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom