• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait...why isn't this a thing yet?! Now that we have Pokémon Amie, why don't they make Amie paired with helping you train for contests/shows? You could raise them through the nintendogs-esque gameplay and then practice moves within the Amie screen. Mix two moves together by dragging on move on the touch screen over another to see what combinations you come up with, but for practicing you have the entire move pool to choose from, then for contest you narrow it down to the combination of 4. The 3D models are on point now and I think Amie needs some better purpose. They could revamp how contests work now they they just got back into them. IDK maybe I'm just reaching too far since I want some type of gameplay other than battling to be infinitely replayable after the main quest for this next game.....ALSO why have they trashed Join Avenue?! That feature literally SCREAMS streetpass...sometimes I don't understand GameFreak...

No what is it? All I see is the Game Freak Logo with the words Game Freak, and half the world? What am I missing???
Someone pointed out the Z that can be seen on the globe. Though it could be a coincidence or I could just be seeing things.

The text says:
2016 , and I will do my best crunchy this year ! ( Today started work )

Google translate is clumsy, but the meaning of the words is clear. He's talking about crunch time and that he started working today. I think a game anmouncement this month or nexr is imminent. The games undergo development and refinement up till the last month, as we've seen over the years with graphical upgrades and minute details being changed in lots of prerelease screenshots. I sound like I'm jumping to conclusions, yes, but I honestly do think this tweet, informing people that he's getting geared up to focus on his work, means what I said. Crunch Time in game development usually means the final stages of the games development, so yeah.

Someone pointed out the Z that can be seen on the globe. Though it could be a coincidence or I could just be seeing things.

Oh my gosh I see it, at first it just blends in with the sea, but then you notice it's actually a very clear Green colour, and the shape and lines are too straight to be natural looking.

Also as Mitchman suggested above, his comment about crunch time implies a new game sooner rather than later, could we see a February reveal with a June release?

Will Hoopa in future game be able to change between its Confined and Unbound formes by the use of Prison Bottle, its moves or a new Item or move?
Like the way it is with mega forms to be more dynamic in battle.
(like it gains full control of its Shadow/second form.)

Last edited:
Ok, I saw it xD...

My guess is the next game is gonna contain the latter Z, but not just Z. Maybe XZ and YZ

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/684189205967183872

So Masuda posted this picture. Can anyone else spot something? P

Yeah it most definitely looks like an almost complete "Z" formation with the top part missing. I'm not going to get my hopes up however as they don't call these guys Troll Freak for nothing. That's not to say that there won't be a main series game this year. There is no you way in hell they'd go 2 years without releasing a main series game. Not only would it be illogical but it would 100% kill the possibility of a "Z" version.

Will Hoopa in future game be able to change between its Confined and Unbound formes by the use of Prison Bottle, its moves or a new Item or move?
Like the way it is with mega forms to be more dynamic in battle.
(like it gains full control of its Shadow/second form.)

I say that the Prison Bottle is going to be the only way of Hoopa changing forms in all future games. Just like Shaymin with the Gracidea and the Kami Trio with the Reveal Glass.

Ok, I saw it xD...

My guess is the next game is gonna contain the latter Z, but not just Z. Maybe XZ and YZ

My two theories are "XY&Z" as hinted at in the anime, or even a potential... AZ

I'm not 100% sure that tweet means anything at all as Masuda tweets about starting his day all the time and he usually say something about working hard anyway. I do really hope we get something this month tho.....even just a "stay tuned for next month!" would b lovely. anything at all that can give us an idea of when the announcement is coming bc honestly this wait is exhausting hahaha

If CoroCoro shows any news, which I doubt, everyone will ride on the hype train, especially after seeing that a tweet is hyped a bit (not that it is bad, I feel hyped too!)

Lol urm, I hate to sound like a certain someone but saying that is a 'Z' on the globe is truly grasping at straws imo lol. That could be any letter with similar points, it could even be an L. Pokémon Love version confirmed, are we really doing this wuuuut.

Yeah, I think we're overanalyzing that picture way too much. I highly doubt that it's supposed to have any hidden meaning to it other then the fact that GF is working on another game, they're likely not going to give us any little hints to say what it is through a picture like that.

Crunch time as in having to start work....
-___- they seriously can't have just started....they better have just started compiling the footage for the Nintendo direct, if this is game work I don't understand how their company works XD

Crunch time as in having to start work....
-___- they seriously can't have just started....they better have just started compiling the footage for the Nintendo direct, if this is game work I don't understand how their company works XD
No, I'm sure they started Z shortly after finishing ORAS.

They could have taken a short break after ORAS, maybe holidays. But the latest they would have started Z would be January 2015...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom