• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't look now, but Game Freak has their own Facebook page now.

Between the Intern Pikachu 2016 tweets and now all of this, I would say that they're definitely preparing for trouble and gonna make it double... or triple(Pokken, GO, and "Z"). And anybody who even tries to deny this is a damn fool, and better surrender now or they'll loose the fight.

Lol urm, I hate to sound like a certain someone but saying that is a 'Z' on the globe is truly grasping at straws imo lol. That could be any letter with similar points, it could even be an L. Pokémon Love version confirmed, are we really doing this wuuuut.

It's good then that none us actually said that this is a confirmation of Z. :) if you look carefully through the posts, most people are apprehensive.

On a second look, it does look more like an L than a Z.

Pokemon Love Live confirmed.

What's more suspicious however, is that the Z is green. Ok, not Zygarde green, but...

I am not sure what that means but the indication of Z coming is becoming more likely. Hopefully this put a stop to the "let's go directly to gen 7 without doing a thing for Zygarde" topic. If it is a single third version, I like for it to be different to the traditional third version and have a lot of changes but that is my opinion anyway. I will be happy with just any new gen 6 game that would released.

Reactions: !Z!
crunch time typically means a big final push before the end of something....so no they likely haven't 'just started'
lol I'm just being paranoid as it could be the procrastinator in me taking it as how I do things a lot, Masuda could be playing around with the meaning of phrases as his "surprise" tactics
paranoid.gif

Again tho, probably just me going crazy XD
Im not desperate to get the next game, Im desperate to just know what is it going to be like...
This this this! It's not that I need news that a game will come out, there will always be a game coming out until the consumers don't want pokemon (so never), I just want some new information to speculate about, all the info we have now is just past its expiration date to keep guessing about so its become stale...

lol I'm just being paranoid as it could be the procrastinator in me taking it as how I do things a lot, Masada could be playing around with the meaning of phrases as his "surprise" tactics
paranoid.gif

Yeah, so true.

Anyways, I hope this final push for crunch time means that we either get a Battle Frontier in Z, or at least more than just a completely unchanged Battle Maison. Maybe add something like Trainer Hill/Tower or Whitetree Hollow/Black Skyscraper. We just want something more than the Battle Masion for the post-game, Game Freak. Please don't give us a copy-paste of the same facility like you did ion ORAS.

lol I'm just being paranoid as it could be the procrastinator in me taking it as how I do things a lot, Masuda could be playing around with the meaning of phrases as his "surprise" tactics
paranoid.gif

This this this! It's not that I need news that a game will come out, there will always be a game coming out until the consumers don't want pokemon (so never), I just want some new information to speculate about, all the info we have now is just past its expiration date to keep guessing about so its become stale...
Exactly, I am in no hurry for a new Pokemon game and ORAS has plenty of content to entertain us. It's just that this Zygarde formes forshadowing is making me curious and we need more to speculate about.
Yeah, so true.

Anyways, I hope this final push for crunch time means that we either get a Battle Frontier in Z, or at least more than just a completely unchanged Battle Maison. Maybe add something like Trainer Hill/Tower or Whitetree Hollow/Black Skyscraper. We just want something more than the Battle Masion for the post-game, Game Freak. Please don't give us a copy-paste of the same facility like you did ion ORAS.
I doubt they'd bring back then Battle Frontier anytime soon, after Masuda trashtalked the Frontier personally. But a White Treehollow type of Facility could be expected. Maybe even a PWT?

And, to be fair to the Battle Maison, it wasn't a "complete" copy paste in ORAS. It offered us the possibility to team with the Champion, Steven, and the Villain Boss Archie/Maxie. This was never before done and is pretty cool. Also, all the Multi Battle partners have megas this time around. And the added soundtracks of course! (especially the Frontier Brain theme for the Battle Chatelaines :) )

And at least they gave us an in- game excuse for having the same Battle Facility from Kalos (it turns out the Hoenn Maison was the original).

But I think a new Battle Facility can be expected for the next game... I have a feeling it will be a brand new one though, not a returning one.

Last edited:
Reactions: !Z!
I doubt they'd bring back then Battle Frontier anytime soon, after Masuda trashtalked the Frontier personally. But a White Treehollow type of Facility could be expected. Maybe even a PWT?
~~~
But I think a new Battle Facility can be expected for the next game... I have a feeling it will be a brand new one though, not a returning one.
Hey if they have to recycle old mechanics, I'm here for another White Treehollow, that facility was the amazing! I'm with you though, I'm pretty sure were gonna get a new facility this next game!

Also, for my plead for a Join Avenue 2.0, I would say that they could make a whole new area based on it, but the longevity of that would be questionable with how long the 3DS's lifespan is. Instead they could make use of a mostly empty area after the beginning of the game: your hometown. After your second or third badge you could get a holocast message from your mom reminding you about market festival that goes on every Friday of the week. Come that day, your streetpass total from the previous weeks is calculated in to populate the market festival with each player's "store". By making it every Friday, it allows one enough time to gather streetpasses to populate the market AND it would make something that was repeatable non-battle postgame. Finally, by making it weekly it doesn't take over your hometown as a new area entirely, allowing the town to be perfectly empty and normal like before on every other day...

I really think that there should be a wonder trade-like streetpass mechanic. You would put one pokemon as your trade for streetpass, then every person you pass you would trade with in a chain, and the chain would end with the last person you streetpass with. Then You can see the chain of trades in action to see what deal you made or what missed opportunity you had!

Game freak please release info on something I'm digging my own brain into itself XD

Hey if they have to recycle old mechanics, I'm here for another White Treehollow, that facility was the amazing! I'm with you though, I'm pretty sure were gonna get a new facility this next game!

Also, for my plead for a Join Avenue 2.0, I would say that they could make a whole new area based on it, but the longevity of that would be questionable with how long the 3DS's lifespan is. Instead they could make use of a mostly empty area after the beginning of the game: your hometown. After your second or third badge you could get a holocast message from your mom reminding you about market festival that goes on every Friday of the week. Come that day, your streetpass total from the previous weeks is calculated in to populate the market festival with each player's "store". By making it every Friday, it allows one enough time to gather streetpasses to populate the market AND it would make something that was repeatable non-battle postgame. Finally, by making it weekly it doesn't take over your hometown as a new area entirely, allowing the town to be perfectly empty and normal like before on every other day...

I really think that there should be a wonder trade-like streetpass mechanic. You would put one pokemon as your trade for streetpass, then every person you pass you would trade with in a chain, and the chain would end with the last person you streetpass with. Then You can see the chain of trades in action to see what deal you made or what missed opportunity you had!

Game freak please release info on something I'm digging my own brain into itself XD
I kinda disagree about the Join Avenue. I do want it back, but non stop. I hate weekly events. Having it only once a week would be kinda lacking. I was always pissed off how the Bug Catching Contest was not every day in the Johto games, for instance. So I would rather have a Join Avenue that's non stop.

I don't like time based events in Pokemon, and the inly ones I tolerate sre the every day events. But anything more than that (weekly, etc) is annoying to me.

I'm not sure how the street pass trade is going to work. People might put up Pokemon with names that can be offending to some and names with profanities that parents don't want their kids reading off of their games. Also, what if you put up a breedject Pokemon up on the street pass and hope you get a Pokemon you don't have, and then someone trades you a Pokemon that you want and you're unaware about it after checking your 3DS 2+ street passes later and see that you get one of the early route Pokemon like a Bunnelbey? That isn't really going to be fun, especially for someone that haven't filled up their Pokedex and wants all of their Pokemon in their game. There is a possibility that someone can trade a hacked Pokemon into someone's game and break their game and cause them to lose their save file. The wonder trade that we have now is better since we have full control on what Pokemon that we want to keep and what Pokemon that we don't want to keep.

I just need news now. Masuda better not be toying with us.

Well, here's your calendar:

-January 10-15th: Corocoro will come out, and it may reveal the secret movie mascot, the movie title and Pikachu short information. Last year they revelated all 3 things if I recall correctly.
-Somewhere in february: Season 19 will start in the US. It will be interesting to see how people will react if the season is called "Pokemon XY&Z" like in Japan.
- February 10-15th: Corocoro will be out again, with more movie news. Last year they revelated the participation of Arceus & others.
-February 27th: It's Pokemon 20th anniversary!
- March 10-15th: Corocoro will be out again. Last year they revelated Hoopa Unbound.

I can see them pulling out a Digimon Tri and announce a new game on February 27th. However, it would really steal attention from RBGY VC, so maybe at mid-february or early march.

Most people would argue that a main game announcement now, would steal attention from the side games, but I think it's the opposite.

After a maingame announcement, for say, September, fans will become so hyped they will wanna buy ANYTHING that could ease the wait to September: VC Gen I, Pokemon Go, Pokken, etc.

So an announcement now would actually be economically beneficial.

Well, here's your calendar:

-January 10-15th: Corocoro will come out, and it may reveal the secret movie mascot, the movie title and Pikachu short information. Last year they revelated all 3 things if I recall correctly.
-Somewhere in february: Season 19 will start in the US. It will be interesting to see how people will react if the season is called "Pokemon XY&Z" like in Japan.
- February 10-15th: Corocoro will be out again, with more movie news. Last year they revelated the participation of Arceus & others.
-February 27th: It's Pokemon 20th anniversary!
- March 10-15th: Corocoro will be out again. Last year they revelated Hoopa Unbound.

I can see them pulling out a Digimon Tri and announce a new game on February 27th. However, it would really steal attention from RBGY VC, so maybe at mid-february or early march.

I just want game news... :'(

Nothing we can do about it but wait. I don't think the game would be announcement on February but if it did, it wouldn't take attention from the RBGY of the virtual console since lots of people already know about them and played them on the gameboy system. My guess is March, April or May at the latest. January would probably reveal Zygarde's involvement in the movie with Volcanion. Usually the last game(s) of a gen tends to be improvement over the other games. Emerald was deemed an improvement over Ruby and Sapphire. Platinum wasn't the last but was an improvement over Diamond and Pearl. B2W2 were an improvement over BW games.

Whoa, hang on, we have to wait until February for the Z season of the anime? Is this confirmed?

Most people would argue that a main game announcement now, would steal attention from the side games, but I think it's the opposite.

After a maingame announcement, for say, September, fans will become so hyped they will wanna buy ANYTHING that could ease the wait to September: VC Gen I, Pokemon Go, Pokken, etc.

So an announcement now would actually be economically beneficial.
Yeah or they decide not to buy because they're saving up money for a new game. Main series games in the past have taken the spotlight away from side games, why should this be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom