• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah or they decide not to buy because they're saving up money for a new game. Main series games in the past have taken the spotlight away from side games, why should this be any different?

While it is true that not everyone can afford to buy numerous pokemon games, especially every year, there are still a lot of people that will purchase everything Nintendo/GF publishes regardless of financial limitations.

I say that the Prison Bottle is going to be the only way of Hoopa changing forms in all future games. Just like Shaymin with the Gracidea and the Kami Trio with the Reveal Glass.
Thats a shame and lame, they should also be able to change forms like the megas do in future.

Pokémon the Series: XY&Z (Season 19) is coming to the US on Saturday February 7th, 2016! It will be 100 days apart from the date that first XY&Z episode aired in Japan. I know it's a backwards step, but it has always happened before, and it is not going to change, no matter how close to the Japanese release the main series games are. We haven't been so far apart in this generation since episode 3 to episode 11 of Pokémon the Series: XY (Season 17). And just think, if the release dates of games also go backwards in terms of how apart from the Japanese release (which hasn't happened yet), the anime will too. And I have to say, I don't want it to go backwards either, and I'd love to see more worldwide release dates, but I know it's never going to happen again.

But most importantly, I don't want it to head in this direction, please... don't make this quote become a reality:
Here's what I speculate is going to happen:

March 22nd: Pokémon Z is revealed out-of-the-blue on the official website with a release date for August 27th in Japan, September 3rd in North America, September 10th for Australia and New Zealand, September 17th for Europe, and September 24th for South Korea.

April 3rd: New Mega Evolutions are revealed! Including Mega Chesnaught, Mega Delphox and Mega Greninja (bear in mind that Mega Greninja looks very different from Ash-Greninja).

April 27th: More new Mega Evolutions are revealed, one of them is Mega Milotic.

May 16th: A new type of concept is revealed, exclusive to Pokémon Z. It's the ability to dress your Pokémon and battle in a brand new type of battle called "Fashion Battles" (which are battles that only allow dressed Pokémon)!

June 5th: More new Mega Evolutions, one of them is Mega Krookodile.

June 24th: More information about the story and Team Flare's plot is unraveled, the story is identical to X/Y except they capture Zygarde and the player has to free and battle Zygarde in it's Complete Forme. Also along with that, Volcanion's Eruption Forme is revealed and it's regular appearance that we know about is called "Terrain Forme".

July 18th: Brand new features, including mini-games that can be played over Nintendo Network are announced for the upcoming Pokémon Z.

August 2nd: Just as Pokémon Z is going to be released in Japan in the next few weeks, they announce another new Mega Evolution. It's Mega Feraligator!

August 27th: Pokémon Z is released in Japan! Players can trade their Volcanion from OR/AS to Pokémon Z, in order to unlock it's new forme.

September 3rd: Pokémon Z has been released in North America! And no information regarding the Volcanion event has been announced yet.

September 10th: Pokémon Z has been released in Australia and New Zealand! And no information regarding the Volcanion event has been announced yet.

September 17th: Pokémon Z has been released in Europe! And no information regarding the Volcanion event has been announced yet.

September 24th: Pokémon Z has been released in South Korea! Players can trade their Volcanion from OR/AS to Pokémon Z, in order to unlock it's new forme.

September 27th: Pokémon Gold Version, Pokémon Silver Version and Pokémon Crystal Version have been announced for Virtual Console with a worldwide release date set for November 21st.

October 1st: Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu is revealed out of the blue on the official website, just like what happened with Pokémon Z! Which is a remake of Pokémon Yellow Version, with a worldwide release date for February 27th, 2017 (at the end of the 20th anniversary)!

November 18th: Volcanion event has been announced for Europe. And reveals a distribution date for December 6th (2016) - January 15th (2017) via GAME stores in the UK and Nintendo Zone in other European countries.

November 19th: Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Land's Power has a screening at selected Hoyts Cinemas in Australia on November 19th and 20th.

November 21st: Pokémon Gold, Silver and Crystal Versions have been released for Virtual Console. Along with that, Mega Meganium and Mega Typhlosion have been revealed for Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu!

December 15th: Volcanion event is announced for North America. Volcanion will be distributed from GameStop Stores from December 27th (2016) - January 20th (2017). Along with that, Pokémon the Movie: Volcanion and the Land's Power is announced to air on Cartoon Network on January 7th, 2017!

December 24th: New Mega Evolutions are revealed for Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu! One of them is Mega Liepard.

January 1st, 2017: To celebrate the new year, new information about Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu is revealed! A post game region called the Unyte Archipelago is announced! Very different from the Sevii Islands and Orange Archipelago. This new region is based off the pacific islands.

February 6th, 2017: New Mega Evolutions have been revealed! This time, it includes Mega Conkelurr and others!

February 27th, 2017: Pokémon Extraordinary Pikachu has been released everywhere in the world! And Junichi Masuda deliver a very special message to everyone, not only to say that the 20th anniversary is over, but to look forward to more new stuff in the future.

September 15th, 2017: A special live announcement is announced for September 28th.

September 28th, 2017: The broadcast announces a brand NEW generation for Nintendo's handheld called the "Swych" (a handheld with interchangeable controls), almost before it's release on October 15th in 2017 in Japan. These new Pokémon games are called Pokémon Heat, Pokémon Flora and Pokémon Liquid. For the first time ever, three new games releasing at the same time, but each country will get the games on separate dates. Japan will get it on June 14th in 2018, South Korea will get it on June 26th in 2018, North America will get it on August 20th in 2018, Europe will get it on September 5th in 2018 and finally Australia will get it on September 17th in 2018.

That's what I speculate, but really... I honestly hope this DOESN'T come true, I hope a brand new generation is announced sometime this year, with a release for this year or next year.

Pokémon the Series: XY&Z (Season 19) is coming to the US on Saturday February 7th, 2016! It will be 100 days apart from the date that first XY&Z episode aired in Japan.

Is this a prediction based on previous outcomes, or is this a stated fact somewhere with a source that February 7th is definitely the date?

Whether that's a Z or not in the picture I wouldn't like to say 100%, but it is bright green and kind of Z shaped, so I don't think it's unreasonable that after being news starved for so long and bombarded with anime-related Z stuff, some fans are losing their shit right now. And what's the harm? If they get excited and it comes to nothing, at least they had fun getting excited. We've had NOTHING for AGES. I miss pre-release season, where you get 'my uncle's dad's dog's sister's friend's brother works at Nintendo, here's a leak of the next gen pokedex, hurr durr' every five seconds. It's deliciously funny.

Tbh we've got to be getting a main game this year anyway, they surely wouldn't leave it 2 years with no main game, so safe to say the hype train is expected at the station shortly!

somebody thinks we would get a Mega Marowak in this generation?
Would it ground/ghost??? with Cursed Body?
What megas could we get if the third game comes?
(XY had, 28 mega forms, Oras gave us 20 forms)

Would like them better done in future: wellthought and designed ones.

Mega Latios(seriously, the same type and ability???only stats and looks),
Gallade , Absol(dark/??? where is the fairy) ,
Manectric(electric/???),
Gyrydos(water/dark??? mold breaker? dragon??? multiscale) Houndoom(Solar Power??? compare this to Groudons primal form) , Scizor(Technician??? Heatproof?) could have been better in my opinion.

Starters like Swampert(poison???) and Blastoise(steel???) need better second megas for other niches to make it right in future.
And Blaziken needs really a type change if it gets a second mega.

I like that Swampert kept it's original typing once it mega evolved, the only thing sucky for it in ORAS (pre evolved as Mudkip/Marshtomp) was it's moveset.
I think the Lati's having the same design, ability & type as Megas is because they are the same Pokémon, only different in gender. Well, as information tells us.

Yeah or they decide not to buy because they're saving up money for a new game. Main series games in the past have taken the spotlight away from side games, why should this be any different?

Well at least for Pokemon Go (freemium) and Gen I VC release (5- 10 euros) I think that reasoning doesn't make that much sense. They are so cheap that people will probably get them anyway. I agree Pokken probably isn't cheap, but you know what? If people have the money, they will get both Pokken and the next main series game. And if they don't have the money, they will only buy one regardless of when they make the announcement.

Last edited:
somebody thinks we would get a Mega Marowak in this generation?
Would it ground/ghost??? with Cursed Body?
What megas could we get if the third game comes?
(XY had, 28 mega forms, Oras gave us 20 forms)

Would like them better done in future: wellthought and designed ones.

Mega Latios(seriously, the same type and ability???only stats and looks),
Gallade , Absol(dark/??? where is the fairy) ,
Manectric(electric/???),
Gyrydos(water/dark??? mold breaker? dragon??? multiscale) Houndoom(Solar Power??? compare this to Groudons primal form) , Scizor(Technician??? Heatproof?) could have been better in my opinion.

Starters like Swampert(poison???) and Blastoise(steel???) need better second megas for other niches to make it right in future.
And Blaziken needs really a type change if it gets a second mega.
I'm kinda glad they just built off of the Pokémon's concepts rather than give them random types because of " lol change". Things usually get out of hand when that happens.

So Serebii revealed the latest anime episode. "Episode 909: The Strongest Mega Battle! Greninja VS Mega Charizard!!" So the fact that whoever writes these episodes considers A.Greninja a mega form and not a form change is pretty good evidence that more megas plus at least one new game is coming soon.

Whoa, hang on, we have to wait until February for the Z season of the anime? Is this confirmed?

Only the dub season. Dub seasons always start in February as far back as Black and White (probably even earlier). The Japanese season continues next week.

Unova and Kalos have only one pokemon of their region with mega evolution (Audino and Diancie). Perhaps in Z, we get more mega evolutions for gen 5 and gen 6 pokemon. Kalos starters would be likely and Volcanion has a chance of getting a mega or new form. Won't expect much for Corocoro this month apart from movie news.

I'm kinda glad they just built off of the Pokémon's concepts rather than give them random types because of " lol change". Things usually get out of hand when that happens.
I know what You have on mind. But in the case of Charizard some fans knew what they wanted, why then not be more carefull in making a mega to "lol change" only to make it.(where is the concept, fun , usefullness and the real "change". I dont have in mind that every time it must be type change, but something to do more with the pokemon itself. Not that the mega is the "same", same type, same ability like it could get in base mode and only boost of stats... really, I understood Blaziken(Speed Boost) because of forbidden usage, but others??? don't say that a second mega form: fire/fighting for the same pokemon would be ok??? I would rather then have a second one totally diffrent atleast.

Last edited:
Unova and Kalos have only one pokemon of their region with mega evolution (Audino and Diancie). Perhaps in Z, we get more mega evolutions for gen 5 and gen 6 pokemon. Kalos starters would be likely and Volcanion has a chance of getting a mega or new form. Won't expect much for Corocoro this month apart from movie news.
Most of my favourites already got a Mega, so it's fine by me. But I want some more:

- Mega Swellow
- Mega Druddigon (a slow stall breaker Dragon Steel Pokemon!)
- Mega Galvantula
- Mega Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Meganium
- Mega Entei, Suicune, Raikou

There are more, but I think not every Pokemon should get a Mega cause it would get boring, so GF should only give Megas to my favourite Po... I mean, to the Pokemon that need a Mega the most. :whistle:

Last edited:
Mega Flygon pls? Maybe Game Freak will come up with a good design finally
idk what else Id want to see Mega wise really. I find it hard to determine which Pokemon need megas.

Yeah, I would like to see Mega Flygon to because Altaria, Salamence, Latias, Latios and Rayquaza all had megas. Flygon was the only one that didn't.

What I don't get from XY was that in the cafes, you get to see Raikou, Entei and Suicune despite them not being in XY. Was it a reference to them appearing in ORAS or does it indicate that they would appear in Z? Probably nothing but I just wonder why they had pictures of them. New megas that I like to see would be all other starters and the rest of pseudo legendary pokemon.

Flygon is definitely cute, and I might be underrating him a bit, but I really don't get all the hype around a potential Mega.

Stat wise, I do agree he needs a Mega to become competitively viable. I don't get the rush though... When GF has a design, we will see it. At least we know they are working on his design. But why are people so particularly impatient for Mega Flygon?

Last edited:
Reactions: !Z!
When GF has a design, we will see it. At least we know they are working on his design. But why are people so particularly impatient for Mega Flygon?

Some people like Flygon because of it's design, move pool or whatever reason for liking it. I don't remember Game Freak working on Mega Flygon after ORAS came out. All I remember is that they couldn't find a design for it. Was there news of them still working on it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom