• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flygon is definitely cute, and I might be underrating him a bit, but I really don't get all the hype around a potential Mega.

Stat wise, I do agree he needs a Mega to become competitively viable. I don't get the rush though... When GF has a design, we will see it. At least we know they are working on his design. But why are people so particularly impatient for Mega Flygon?
Flygon is the GOAT Ground/Dragon, Dragon/Ground type Pokemon, at least design wise. In gen 3 he had staying power for a slot in your team, even if it was second to Salamence due to the crazy good coverage it offered in the main story. I'm not expecting anything anymore, when its gonna happen, its gonna happen. GF knows that compared to other Pokemon, the pressure for Mega Flygon is insane, and rightfully so.

Was there news of them still working on it?

Why would they say they're working on a singular mega evolution when they won't even announce a game it would feature in? Although them admitting they couldn't settle on a design for it does mean it could happen one day. I'm sure they're aware that Flygon is a popular request.

I think people want a mega for Flygon because Garchomp got one - as Mitchman pointed out, Flygon is the original Ground/Dragon, and Garchomp's mega (on top of already superior stats/movepool) just put Flygon in Garchomp's shadow even more. A mega with a good ability & stat spread would give Flygon more usability.

I want a mega Raichu. Seriously, how has this not happened yet? Also, mega Swanna and Noctowl.

Mega Flygon at 620 BST with a spread at:
Attack 150
Defence 100
Sp. Attack 100
Sp Defence. 100
Speed 90
Sand Rush as the ability, so if you setup sandstorm early, or in a double battle, it can hit fast and hard. Do it, Gamefreak, DO IT.

Flygon is the GOAT Ground/Dragon, Dragon/Ground type Pokemon, at least design wise. In gen 3 he had staying power for a slot in your team, even if it was second to Salamence due to the crazy good coverage it offered in the main story. I'm not expecting anything anymore, when its gonna happen, its gonna happen. GF knows that compared to other Pokemon, the pressure for Mega Flygon is insane, and rightfully so.
I don't like it when people demand things from Game Freak like that. It's not like they PROMISED us a Mega Flygon and forgot their promise. People demanding Mega Flygon before the launch of ORAS, as if GF promised us it would be in the game certainly got on my nerves. We always act as if we know more than GF lol
Some people like Flygon because of it's design, move pool or whatever reason for liking it. I don't remember Game Freak working on Mega Flygon after ORAS came out. All I remember is that they couldn't find a design for it. Was there news of them still working on it?
If they publically admitted they were working on it's design, they are not gonna forget it completely xD

Its not demanding something, its just a highly popular choice when people ask what mega others want. And considering how one criteria for doing a mega is based on popularity, a lot of people expected one come oras.

I know what You have on mind. But in the case of Charizard some fans knew what they wanted, why then not be more carefull in making a mega to "lol change" only to make it.(where is the concept, fun , usefullness and the real "change". I dont have in mind that every time it must be type change, but something to do more with the pokemon itself. Not that the mega is the "same", same type, same ability like it could get in base mode and only boost of stats... really, I understood Blaziken(Speed Boost) because of forbidden usage, but others??? don't say that a second mega form: fire/fighting for the same pokemon would be ok??? I would rather then have a second one totally diffrent atleast.
I can agree that most megas play it safe but I think that's to appease the fans of said Pokémon however I would like to see them take more risk with something like Emboar maybe. Also I think each Pokémon should only get one mega regardless of how popular they are imo of course.

Its not demanding something, its just a highly popular choice when people ask what mega others want. And considering how one criteria for doing a mega is based on popularity, a lot of people expected one come oras.
Expecting it in ORAS is fine, but being disappointed it wasn't in the game was absurd. They will release it whenever THEY are satisfied with the design.

And as I said, at least Flygon fans have a confirmation that Game Freak are working on its Mega design. What can we Swellow fans say? We don't even know if they are even considering it as a possibility. Same with us Druddigon fans. XD

And then think about all them poor Farfetch'd fans XD

Last edited:
As far as it concerns new megas, forms, or even brand new pokemon, I prefer GF to take their time on researching and developing new and known pokemon species. So in that regard I am glad that they did not rush out a mega for flygon or milotic just because there is demand from the fandom. I want a product at it's best, anything less than that is unacceptable IMO. GameFreak has never disappointed me even when people complained about the pokemon designs last generation.

The only Mega i really don't like and even despise is Sharpedo. I mean really. They could've gone so many routes with it yet they only made its snout longer and slapped yellow slashes on it. I wish I could erase it and hope for a more fitting and imaginative Mega for it.

Expecting it in ORAS is fine, but being disappointed it wasn't in the game was absurd. They will release it whenever THEY are satisfied with the design.

There's nothing "absurd" about being disappointed that something you (they) wanted wasn't included though. So that seems a bit unfair to say.

The Mega Flygon spamming did get mildly annoying back in ORAS's run-up, but the thing with Flygon is that it's been in Garchomp's shadow constantly since Gen IV AND it's a massive fan favourite at the same time. So of course the two together are a recipe for chaos when a power-up for it could be on the cards.

It'd be the exact same if Lucario, Gardevoir, Charizard, Tyranitar etc didn't have a Mega now. All their fans would be wanting one. I don't think it's absurd for people to be disappointed in which ones have/don't have Megas yet personally. It's just an opinion like any other (and it's far less harmful than a lot of opinions people have - especially ones in this thread).

I'm personally not overly fussed for Mega Flygon myself. If we get one, cool, if not then whatever, I have my own list of Megas I'd like to see first (Druddigon is one!). I'd just hope they get it right and don't leave it an inferior Garchomp. Please make it a super speedy attacker, Game Freak.

I need Mega Raichu to be Electric/Ground. His tail is already a lightning rod (and has the ability itself). Lightning rods are usually metal rods inserted into the ground to attract electricity to them (and away from living creatures), so design-wise the Ground typing makes sense. And then visually, I'd love to see more of his "Kangaroo Rat" origins be expanded, since I think a kangaroo-esque Mega Raichu would be fun.

Then Mega Butterfree being Bug/Psychic, with gorgeous "stained-glass" wings, and more vibrant colors on the wings.

And finally Electric/Dark Mega Luxray, please. With black and gold coloring and wings and sabertooth tiger fangs.

There's nothing "absurd" about being disappointed that something you (they) wanted wasn't included though. So that seems a bit unfair to say.

The Mega Flygon spamming did get mildly annoying back in ORAS's run-up, but the thing with Flygon is that it's been in Garchomp's shadow constantly since Gen IV AND it's a massive fan favourite at the same time. So of course the two together are a recipe for chaos when a power-up for it could be on the cards.

It'd be the exact same if Lucario, Gardevoir, Charizard, Tyranitar etc didn't have a Mega now. All their fans would be wanting one. I don't think it's absurd for people to be disappointed in which ones have/don't have Megas yet personally. It's just an opinion like any other (and it's far less harmful than a lot of opinions people have - especially ones in this thread).

I'm personally not overly fussed for Mega Flygon myself. If we get one, cool, if not then whatever, I have my own list of Megas I'd like to see first (Druddigon is one!). I'd just hope they get it right and don't leave it an inferior Garchomp. Please make it a super speedy attacker, Game Freak.
I could partially agree with you, I guess. People have the right to be disappointed for whatever Mega they want. But when people went from expecting Mega Flygon, to asking for Mega Flygon, to DEMANDING Mega Flygon, I think they started to be annoying.

Still though, it's true that it's not that much of an issue...

PD And Druddigon with an extra steel typing would be awesome. Only issue is his relatively low HP. And Mega boosts don't boost HP, of course.

Last edited:
We do need more Electric Megas tbh. ORAS not having any new ones sucked (it's my favourite type :( ). I'd love to see a Mega Stunfisk with Prankster.

I could partially agree with you, I guess. People have the right to be disappointed for whatever reason. But when people went from expecting Mega Flygon, to asking for Mega Flygon, to DEMANDING Mega Flygon, I think they started to be absurd.

While I agree, if people weren't demanding Mega Flygon they would be demanding something else. Haven't seen many demands for it recently though, it was definitely worse 2014.

I wouldn't tar every Mega Flygon fan supporter though, some of them like Shiny Celebi and Mitchman aren't the crazy, irate ones.

Also not really a fan of Dragon/Steel Druddigon personally. Dragon/Steel seems more fitting for something like Haxorus. I've seen people suggest Dragon/Rock for Druddy too but i don't like that idea either :/ I'm hard to please. Pure Dragon would be ok with me.

Last edited:
We do need more Electric Megas tbh. ORAS not having any new ones sucked (it's my favourite type :( ). I'd love to see a Mega Stunfisk with Prankster.

While I agree, if people weren't demanding Mega Flygon they would be demanding something else. Haven't seen many demands for it recently though, it was definitely worse 2014.

I wouldn't tar every Mega Flygon fan supporter though, some of them like Shiny Celebi and Mitchman aren't the crazy, irate ones.
Yes, I want to clarify that I am talking about a minority, not the entirity of Mega Flygon supporters. And not even here. I was mostly talking about comments on other Pokemon forums.

And I think ORAS didn't have more Electric Megas due to Masuda's impatience (I think). He said in an interview how the Kanto mega starters were going to be released for ORAS, but he liked them so much, he decided to make them available as soon as possible. I think it was the same with Mega Manectric for example.

Prankster Stunfisk would be a master troll xD

I personally think Steel Druddigon would make sense with his Rough Skin and good defensive stats. But I guess a monotype would be fine IF they gave him an awesome ability.

Last edited:

Same. We need Mega Luxray, Mega Electrode, Mega Zebstrika, Mega Galvantula, something. Not too keen on Mega Stunfisk though.

I personally think Steel Druddigon would make sense with his Rough Skin and good defensive stats. But I guess a monotype would be fine IF they gave him an awesome ability.
Just watch GF be trolls and give it Iron Barbs

Yes, I want to clarify that I am talking about a minority, not the entirity of Mega Flygon supporters. And not even here. I was mostly talking about comments on other Pokemon forums.

And ORAS didn't have more Electric Megas due to Masuda's impacience (I think). He said in an interview how the Kanto mega starters were going to be released for ORAS, but he liked them so much, he decided to put them in Kalos. I think it was the same with Mega Manectric for example.
Thinking about electric Megas, I'd kill for a Mega Luxray especially if if it's Electric\Dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom