• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing missing in XY was a water dolphin, and the games would have been Fanwank: The games. Its what bothers me the most, a lot of it felt like amends for otherwise poor games. I mean, look at this list of popular demands we got:
-The secondary starter trio
-A fire lion
-A rock/dragon Trex
-Something Poison/Dragon
-A really low Legendary Count
-Mega Evolution in some cases is the 4th stage
-Character Customization

They obviously said "fuck it" at one point and decided to throw in the kitchen sink, and then some. At least its out of their system I guess.

Some of those have had mixed reception though. With the legendary count thing for instance, a good amount of fans felt they went too far in the other direction and that there could've been a couple more (or another trio) to cap it off. I still remember a lot of people using the fact that we didn't have a non-cover trio appear as a reason for why we wouldn't only have 69 (72) Pokémon.

There are also things like more nostalgia focus in the games, which some fans wanted, but others are pretty annoyed about (especially since Kalos was pretty overshadowed by Kanto love).

Just 7 more days until corocoro but I reckon it be movie news. Probably says something about Zygarde being in the movie. A new form/mega of Volcanion could be revealed before or after the game announcement in March/April/May.

As far as Megas go, just give me Mega Kalos starters and I'm set.

Mega Delphox on a flying broomstick with Levitate? Please? It's so easy. :3

Chesnaught, keep Bulletproof. Greninja, Protean is the only right answer.

Last edited:
The only thing missing in XY was a water dolphin, and the games would have been Fanwank: The games. Its what bothers me the most, a lot of it felt like amends for otherwise poor games. I mean, look at this list of popular demands we got:
-The secondary starter trio
-A fire lion
-A rock/dragon Trex
-Something Poison/Dragon
-A really low Legendary Count
-Mega Evolution in some cases is the 4th stage
-Character Customization

They obviously said "fuck it" at one point and decided to throw in the kitchen sink, and then some. At least its out of their system I guess.
Heliolisk & Pyroar were literally robbed of the exciting opportunities of having a Electric/Dragon & Fire/Poison...those could both be fixed with some nifty Kalosian mega-evolutions...and I agree a water dolphin is long overdue and they should have just made one, I think that a Water/Psychic levitating dolphin would be an excellent final water starters tho, so maybe gen 7 (sorry for being off topic from gen 6)

Flygon's time has passed imo. It would scream desperation for pleasing if they gave it to us AFTER ORAS, it would fall to the back of the line lol.

By this attitude NO Hoenn Kanto, Johto or Hoenn Pokemon can recieve megas as their "time" has passed =/

If Mega Flygon appearing after OR/AS is desperation, then OR/AS itself is the ultimate desperate move as they made it due to the large amount of online fan demand/want.

Not entirely, because others weren't mentioned saying they couldn't come up with a design, from what I remember. I just personally think they'll give it a miss for now, moving onto to possibly more 5th/6th gen megas. I wasn't ruling it out completely as I said, just back of the line.

If they can do a Mega-Infernape will boosted attack, speed and defense, it can be competitive. Maybe with a more powerful version of Iron Fist...
Mega-Serperior grows wings? Mega-Wailord, twice the size and creates the new type called heavy xD.

Since we're all on the topic of anticipated megas, I'm on the train that thinks weaker Pokemon need them. Or less popular. Or even just those Pokemon that are good, but outclassed by something that does their job better. I'd love to see a mega chimecho, if only because of its design and I like sound/music Pokemon. I'm not sure how they could make it unique, though, it's kind of unfortunately a bland Pokemon. Mega butter free idea posted above by BlackButterfree would be really cool, I think psychic would be an obvious type change for it. Dark mega luxray is one I see often. Gen V desperately needs some megas. Chandelure's design would kick ass. I could see mienshao becoming something really cool. Sawsbuck could use a boost, I think. I know a certain user on this forum would kill for a mega golurk. The starters (especially serperior) could be really awesome. And maybe a mega leavanny could make it, idk, somewhat useful?
Huh, my ears are burning. :X3:

I'd also love a Mega Bisharp and a Mega Sawk but I know Sawk ain't gonna happen; I'm one of the few people who love it. But Mega Golurk would make me so happy right now.

With regards to Flygon, I imagine they aren't focusing on it, or putting effort into it and have likely given up, but if someone came into the office one day and said "hey i've got a great design for mega flygon" and everyone else agreed it was good, they'd probably incorporate, that's just my opinion.

Personally I'd really like to see Mega Flygon, Mega Wigglytuff, Mega Togekiss and Mega Milotic.

Oh and Mega Dragonite and Mega Haxorus.

Last edited:
By this attitude NO Hoenn Kanto, Johto or Hoenn Pokemon can recieve megas as their "time" has passed =/

If Mega Flygon appearing after OR/AS is desperation, then OR/AS itself is the ultimate desperate move as they made it due to the large amount of online fan demand/want.
Well, ORAS was a must. Hoenn was the last pre- DS generation and such a beautiful region (the most beautiful region) was literally begging for a 3DS update. Also, Gen III was the last generation before the much needed Gen IV physical/special split, and before online mode. So, more than a desperate move, it was a must. And I'm so glad they made it.

Which reminds me, now the RGBYFRLG games are the only pre- Gen IV split games left. I think that's a good enough reason to remake them.
Although at least Kanto itself got the split in HGSS. But it's not the same...

Also, about Mega Flygon, and any mega that people might beg for, people have to remember Megas are now an important part of Game Freak's marketing strategy: they can't put all the best/most requested megas in the same game, because they might want to save some for future games, as an incentive for fans to buy it.

Last edited:
Well, ORAS was a must. Hoenn was the last pre- DS generation and such a beautiful region (the most beautiful region) was literally begging for a 3DS update. Also, Gen III was the last generation before the much needed Gen IV physical/special split, and before online mode. So, more than a desperate move, it was a must. And I'm so glad they made it.

Which reminds me, now the RGBYFRLG games are the only pre- Gen IV split games left. I think that's a good enough reason to remake them.
Although at least Kanto itself got the split in HGSS. But it's not the same...

Also, about Mega Flygon, and any mega that people might beg for, people have to remember Megas are now an important part of Game Freak's marketing strategy: they can't put all the best/most requested megas in the same game, because they might want to save some for future games, as an incentive for fans to buy it.
Without offense, but you're just saying the obvious. For example, I wouldn't mind if Mega Sinnoh Trio are saved for Sinnoh remakes, and some Megas like Mega Zoroark can be easily saved for its native region because of logic issues. And it would be good if Kalos got more Mega treatment. I don't really see the need of Kanto reremakes, considering RBY are coming on VC, and Kalos is pretty much overdone nostalgia. And Kanto could be pretty much the same issue except with Mega Evolution which really don't change the plot if there is no relation between it, characters, and the plot. Like Origins.

The fact that they were considering Mega Flygon and bouncing ideas around makes me think it'll make it to the game *eventually*. After all Shellos and Gastrodon were planned for Gen 3 but didn't debut until Gen 4.

I couldn't care less about Megas, but I know it'll make a bunch of fans happy so I hope it happens.

...I might change my mind about Megas if they do Mega Nidoqueen. She was my bae in gen 1. And I don't even use the word bae.

uh
mega vespiquen would be cool
also at least one mega with regenerator to make up for bro and audino losing it
The only Mega i really don't like and even despise is Sharpedo. I mean really. They could've gone so many routes with it yet they only made its snout longer and slapped yellow slashes on it. I wish I could erase it and hope for a more fitting and imaginative Mega for it.

oh snap

You make it sound so random

The yellow stripes are there I assume to make it look like a tiger shark. Well, a more literal take on one. The beard is a bit weird, but it's a nice nod to archie. Sawspikes are cool in the animation they appear in (for certain ramming attacks) and are a cool reference to sawsharks, enlarged nose makes it look more like a torpedo, etc. It gets way too much crap imo. It could stand to be a little more creative, but it's enough for me. Lol mega venu and altaria etc

Official art is crap tho. I always scroll past it when I can. I speak of the model. So much better.

Last edited:
I don't really see the need of Kanto reremakes, considering RBY are coming on VC, and Kalos is pretty much overdone nostalgia. And Kanto could be pretty much the same issue except with Mega Evolution which really don't change the plot if there is no relation between it, characters, and the plot. Like Origins.

I agree. Kanto re-remakes are no going to happen for a long time but they may happen in the late future. Right now, Zygarde and Z game are more important and should be the main focus for gen 6.

I never really felt for Vespiquen anything, despite being a very interesting concept. I guess if they did a mega, I would want it to be bug/psychic, cause as queen bee she has control over her minions. Oh, and for the ability, I have this idea where Vespiquen is like a gambit, and if it doesn't pay off you're screwed. What I have in mind is an ability that, depending on the number of Combee in your team, you get a boost for the order moves. +5 attack for each combee, +1 stage for defense, and a small precentage for heal. That would raise Attack Order to 115 bp, Defense Order can raise defense by 6 stages, and eventually heal order recocers 3/4ths of its health.

Without offense, but you're just saying the obvious. For example, I wouldn't mind if Mega Sinnoh Trio are saved for Sinnoh remakes, and some Megas like Mega Zoroark can be easily saved for its native region because of logic issues. And it would be good if Kalos got more Mega treatment. I don't really see the need of Kanto reremakes, considering RBY are coming on VC, and Kalos is pretty much overdone nostalgia. And Kanto could be pretty much the same issue except with Mega Evolution which really don't change the plot if there is no relation between it, characters, and the plot. Like Origins.
I might be saying the obvious, but that's because I was saying objective facts.

Yes, Gen I is mechanic wise underwhelming, and yes, GF is not going to introduce Mega Flygon, etc when we feel like it, but when they need it as an extra selling point. Or when they are satisfied with it.

Feraligatr would be good with Water/Dark as its typing. Big Jaw as well, giving it some massive boosts to moves like Crunch and what not.

While Strong Jaw + Dark obviously fits a crocodile/alligator, the only problem is that type + ability is pretty much Mega Sharpedo.

Some of my ideas I listed are probably considered "off" to some people with the type changes and stuff, but I try to make each Mega different from others and with enough unique selling points to make it worth using over others without completely outclassing them. I think a Water/Dark Strong Jaw Feraligatr would end up outclassing poor Mega Sharpedo due to it lacking Dragon Dance and Swords Dance while also having to rely on Protect + Speed Boost for one turn (in most battles).

I never really felt for Vespiquen anything, despite being a very interesting concept. I guess if they did a mega, I would want it to be bug/psychic, cause as queen bee she has control over her minions. Oh, and for the ability, I have this idea where Vespiquen is like a gambit, and if it doesn't pay off you're screwed. What I have in mind is an ability that, depending on the number of Combee in your team, you get a boost for the order moves. +5 attack for each combee, +1 stage for defense, and a small precentage for heal. That would raise Attack Order to 115 bp, Defense Order can raise defense by 6 stages, and eventually heal order recocers 3/4ths of its health.

Not meaning offence, but for a Mega that ability would suck. Megas are created for competitive use first and foremost, so they aren't going to make an ability where the rest of your team needs to be relegated to Combee to have effect. Because you can't have more than one of the same Pokemon on a team (if someone was crazy enough to use a Combee). And wasting one spot on a Combee, when you could bring something else that will actually have use in battles and just have Vespiquen use Hone Claws or whatever instead, seems a waste.

I like Bug/Fairy for Vespiquen personally. I know Fairy has been and is slapped on a lot of ideas, but when I think of the Bug/Fairy dual typing I think of something that is both eerie and majestic. And Vespiquen already fits that for me. So going all in with its Mega could work imo.

I can agree that most megas play it safe but I think that's to appease the fans of said Pokémon however I would like to see them take more risk with something like Emboar maybe. Also I think each Pokémon should only get one mega regardless of how popular they are imo of course.

All Starters should get two, like Charizard did, they are really special. (give the choice and good treatment)

Now we have 48 mega forms on 46 pokemon, totally we have 721 pokemon, maybe between 10-15 with natural form changes. Its not even 10% percent of all pokemon, thats something like 7% af all.
That means that we could get in future something like 30 to 60 new(from 10 to 15%, or more.) megas, or some more.
Per generation counted it could be diffrent.(for all 6 generations)
genration I could get some more , to a amount of 23, now we have only 13 pokes from this gen.
gen II Now has 7,
gen III: 18,
gen IV: 5,
gen V: 1,
gen VI: 1,

While Strong Jaw + Dark obviously fits a crocodile/alligator, the only problem is that type + ability is pretty much Mega Sharpedo.

Some of my ideas I listed are probably considered "off" to some people with the type changes and stuff, but I try to make each Mega different from others and with enough unique selling points to make it worth using over others without completely outclassing them. I think a Water/Dark Strong Jaw Feraligatr would end up outclassing poor Mega Sharpedo due to it lacking Dragon Dance and Swords Dance while also having to rely on Protect + Speed Boost for one turn (in most battles).

Not meaning offence, but for a Mega that ability would suck. Megas are created for competitive use first and foremost, so they aren't going to make an ability where the rest of your team needs to be relegated to Combee to have effect. Because you can't have more than one of the same Pokemon on a team (if someone was crazy enough to use a Combee). And wasting one spot on a Combee, when you could bring something else that will actually have use in battles and just have Vespiquen use Hone Claws or whatever instead, seems a waste.

I like Bug/Fairy for Vespiquen personally. I know Fairy has been and is slapped on a lot of ideas, but when I think of the Bug/Fairy dual typing I think of something that is both eerie and majestic. And Vespiquen already fits that for me. So going all in with its Mega could work imo.
I honestly forgot that's M. Sharpedo's job, I never payed attention to it. Kinda sucks that it would be redundant, cause Feraligatr was always that one Pokemon who's typing was lacking. As for Vespiquen, I just couldn't think of anything else. Some sort of order ability though should be introduced for the mega though, it just makes sense.
All Starters should get two, like Charizard did, they are really special. (give the choice and good treatment)

Now we have 48 mega forms on 46 pokemon, totally we have 721 pokemon, maybe between 10-15 with natural form changes. Its not even 10% percent of all pokemon, thats something like 7% af all.
That means that we could get in future something like 30 to 60 new(from 10 to 15%, or more.) megas, or some more.
Per generation counted it could be diffrent.(for all 6 generations)
genration I could get some more , to a amount of 23, now we have only 13 pokes from this gen.
gen II Now has 7,
gen III: 18,
gen IV: 5,
gen V: 1,
gen VI: 1,
Actually, out of 721 Pokemon, only 387 are eligible for mega evolution, minus the 46 that already do, and we are left with 341 possible megas in the future. We already have more then 10 precent of the Pokemon covered. If each gen introduces like 40-60 megas, we're looking at gen 10 for everything to be covered, and that's if they do everything. And for all we know, Z could have like 50 megas and so could the next gen games. I think GF is eventually gonna finish them by gen 8,if there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom