• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a theory, I'm not clutching at straws or saying it's likely, just throwing around ideas. Besides it wouldnt be the first time GF introduced something that wasnt present in the next gen. Apricorns, VS Seeker, Seasons. Megas would still be in game, just no need for stones. Like how Milotic used to need full beauty and now can evolve with Prism scale instead.

In my opinion a unique mega stone for every mega evolution isnt sustainable. Even if they limited it to 10 a game, by the end of Gen 7 we'd have 88 seperate mega stones. Also they are likely to want to do more than 10 a game.
Don't get me wrong, you gave a good idea.

I just don't think it's an important inconvenient and a Mechanic that needs to be changed.

I wasn't talking about Smogon, I am talking about VGC. The very reason GF made Megas hold a Mega Stone, was precisly for avoiding Pokemon to become broken competitively, by Mega evolving AND holding a battle item.

I didn't understand you want to abolish existing Mega Stones too. That would be very convenient, as we wouldn't have to use find Mega Stones.

However, Game Freak wouldn't want a Pokemon to be able to go Mega AND hold a boosting item.

I think @Disobedient came up with the best solution: a Pokemon could only go mega, if not holding an item.

However, what I don't understand is your insistence in abolishing something Game Freak just introduced: Mega Stones.

Yes, they could eventually become complicated to collect, however, GF can easily introduce a seller for each game: a Mega Stone collector that has all the Mega Stones, and sells them, or exchanges them for shards, etc. There are more solutions than you scrapping the whole idea of Meg Stones.

You are clearly grasping at straws (like everybody here, me too), but you should remember Game Freak might not want to include Anime exclusive features like Synch Evolution, etc. And maybe they like how Mega Evolution functions currently, more than you (or me).
The issue is that the anime only exist to advertise the games and more often than not the writers can't proceed unless GF gives them news about upcoming games\generations. In other words they wouldn't be promoting Zygarde and Ash Greninja if they weren't important in the long run.

Hasn't Pokemon Z already been confirmed? I mean, New forms of Zygarde have been leaked...
No, Z is not confirmed and its unknown when we will get any kind of announcement but a new game is very likely in the works.

The issue is that the anime only exist to advertise the games and more often than not the writers can't proceed unless GF gives them news about upcoming games\generations. In other words they wouldn't be promoting Zygarde and Ash Greninja if they weren't important in the long run.

You could be right and you could be wrong.

Zygarde's new forms seem to me much more important and main game related than Ashninja and the so called Synch Evolution theory everybody seems to accept almost like something confirmed.

Do I have to remind you the name of that thing? It's Satoshi Greninja, in translation, Ash Greninja. If it wasn't connected to Ash, and wasn't anime exclusive, why did they highlight the fact it was "Anime Exclusive news"? And why not call it Mega Greninja or Synch Greninja? Why Satoshi Greninja, when Satoshi is not a main series game character?

Yes, it could be something more, but it could very well be an Anime exclusive (and in spinoffs too).
I'm sorry but I really don't understand that power up craze so many fans seem to be going through. We waited FIVE GENERATIONS to get Mega Evolutions, but for some reason, everybody seem to want a new power up mechanic every game now. I definitely disagree. I think Game Freak reached a balance of simplicity/ complexity of mechanics and they better keep it.

Last edited:
In ORAS, we got 2 more 780 BST, (primals) and a third that was even more powerful as it could hold an item (mega rayquaza)

2 new megas for Zygarde after perfect form, Y form debuts in movie, each mega gets its own mascot spot on a box, in XY sequels. The mega form Zygarde takes depends on which secret move it knows.

Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre has 770 BST, not 780. I doubt Zygarde would get mega evolution with it's new forms because that sounds beyond surprising and highly unlikely. Complete Zygarde would be powerful enough as it is without a mega added on top of that.

Anyway, I too expect movies news in this months issue of Corocoro which might tell us more of Zygarde being in the movie.

You could be right and you could be wrong.

Zygarde's new forms seem to me much more important and main game related than Ashninja and the so called Synch Evolution theory everybody seems to accept almost like something confirmed.

Do I have to remind you the name of that thing? It's Satoshi Greninja, in translation, Ash Greninja. If it wasn't connected to Ash, and wasn't anime exclusive, why did they highlight the fact it was "Anime Exclusive news"? And why not call it Mega Greninja or Synch Greninja? Why Satoshi Greninja, when Satoshi is not a main series game character?

Yes, it could be something more, but it could very well be an Anime exclusive (and in spinoffs too).
I'm sorry but I really don't understand that power up craze so many fans seem to be going through. We waited FIVE GENERATIONS to get Mega Evolutions, but for some reason, everybody seem to want a new power up mechanic every game now. I definitely disagree. I think Game Freak reached a balance of simplicity/ complexity of mechanics and they better keep it.
AshGreninja is just a placeholder name much like Awakened Mewtwo was for Mega Mewtwo Y, so they're just calling it that to keep it's real name a secret. I don't think the fans want another mega evolution like mechanic but TPC is seemingly grooming this concept through the anime to get kids and everyone else interested which is why it's popping up in various things even if the Mon is indeed exclusive to the anime the concept is up for grabs and could deliver that shocking blow to most of the internet in the same vein that Megas did which ties into GF's surprise fetish. This is all speculation at this point but I bet my Japanese snow white 3ds that it's going to be a thing.

Last edited:
I just can't figure out how the Ash Greninja thing would work in game?

1. We only just got Mega Evolution which, as Meta Boss pointed out, was a MAJOR thing that we waited 6 gens to see. Would GF really implement another MAJOR evolution mechanic halfway through the generation?
2. This special Greninja looks specifically like Ash wearing his current outfit - perhaps it's reasonable to assume then that it transforms into a likeness of whatever its trainer looks like at the time. But Kalos is the region of the custom avatar, with a million pieces of clothing you can put together in a hundred different ways. So which outfit of the player character is Greninja going to mirror; all of them!?
3. And following on from point 2, imagine if this would be a feature for all Mega Evolving Pokemon, not just Greninja. How long would that take GF to code in every single option!?
4. The anime is essentially a giant advert for the games, but as we all know anime canon and game canon are two different beasts. It's logical to assume that Zygarde is going to star in the next game/games because it follows a pattern, so it appearing in the anime reinforces this, but we would have all guessed it anyway. Ash Greninja doesn't *necessarily* hint at anything game-wise.

I truly believe this is anime-only, but hey-ho, as always, Gamefreak are welcome to prove me wrong ^^;

EDIT - unless it's gonna be some weird one-off completely pointless event thing, like the Spiky-Eared Pichu.

"Ash-Greninja" could just very well be a placeholder name for the ability to dress your Pokémon up in different costumes, something that was limited to trainers in X/Y, but now an ability to do so in the new game(s).

We know it's not Mega Evolution, 'cause the episodes in the anime has confirmed that it's not Mega Evolution, nor is it an evolution mechanic. It's just the way Greninja dresses itself, so it can be in the same appearance as Ash.

Also, yes... there's a high possibility that Zygarde could get another new forme. And yes, it could very well be Primal Zygarde. Primal Zygarde could be the one that knows Thousand Waves, while Complete Forme will know Thousand Arrows, as it replaces Land's Wrath. If you haven't seen the first episode of XY&Z, then you wouldn't know that Zygarde's 10% forme uses Land's Wrath (which is the same move that 50% forme uses).

Does this mean Pokémon Z confirmed? Or does it mean Pokémon 7 confirmed?

Last edited:
Exactly, LadySasaki.

Don't people remember Shadow Pokemon?

Also, yes... there's a high possibility that Zygarde could get another new forme. And yes, it could very well be Primal Zygarde. Primal Zygarde could be the one that knows Thousand Waves, while Complete Forme will know Thousand Arrows, as it replaces Land's Wrath. If you haven't seen the first episode of XY&Z, then you wouldn't know that Zygarde's 10% forme uses Land's Wrath (which is the same move that 50% forme uses).

Zygarde has enough forms as it is without adding another on top of the rest. Primal Reversion is reserved to Groudon and Kyogre only as far as I can aware. Also I don't any design for a mega evolution for Complete Zygarde as Complete Zygarde looks fantastic as it is. Perhaps it learns both moves or can learn only one at a time from someone.

"Ash-Greninja" could just very well be a placeholder name for the ability to dress your Pokémon up in different costumes, something that was limited to trainers in X/Y, but now an ability to do so in the new game(s).

We know it's not Mega Evolution, 'cause the episodes in the anime has confirmed that it's not Mega Evolution, nor is it an evolution mechanic. It's just the way Greninja dresses itself, so it can be in the same appearance as Ash.

I agree Ash Greninja is likely a placeholder name, but disagree it has anything to do with the dressing up feature. I am well aware when Game Freak designed it they made it resemble Ash, but there has been no in canon reference in the anime that it resembles Ash. In fact in one episode we see a picture of a Greninja from the past looking exactly the same. So I think in Universe it is portrayed as a coincidence to look like Ash, and all Greninja's going through this new mechanic would look the same.

So, as if Complete Zygarde wasn't robotic and overdesigned already, people are now asking for a Mega-Complete- Zygarde? And two of them!?

Have you even thought how ridiculous the name is? Mega Complete Zygarde. What's next? Ultra Super Duper Mega Complete Zygarde?

This is not Transformers, guys.

Well the name could just be Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygarde Y. :p You can't give something an unreasonably long name, then claim that the name you gave it is so unreasonable the whole concept can't exist!

Well the name could just be Mega Zygarde X and Mega Zygarde Y. :p You can't give something an unreasonably long name, then claim that the name you gave it is so unreasonable the whole concept can't exist!

Zygarde isn't getting two mega evolutions. It has forms and is likely to star in one game. Black and White were the only exceptions when it comes to sequels.

Zygarde isn't getting two mega evolutions. It has forms and is likely to star in one game. Black and White were the only exceptions when it comes to sequels.

But as others have pointed out, it's extremely odd to reveal the current forms in September, for a game that could be out June at the earliest. That's a 9 month gap. I'm certain will be on the box(s) but pretty sure it will be a form(s) we've not seen yet.

Zygarde has a lot of paralels to Rayquaza, and I merely stated like Rayquaza it could Mega evolve with a move, and it currently has 2 hidden ones already. Zygarde already has 4 forms yes, but I can't see taking that number up to 5 or 6 to be that drastic.

I agree Ash Greninja is likely a placeholder name, but disagree it has anything to do with the dressing up feature. I am well aware when Game Freak designed it they made it resemble Ash, but there has been no in canon reference in the anime that it resembles Ash. In fact in one episode we see a picture of a Greninja from the past looking exactly the same. So I think in Universe it is portrayed as a coincidence to look like Ash, and all Greninja's going through this new mechanic would look the same.

The name is just the tip of the iceberg. Design wise it would just be ridiculous. C. Zygarde looks over the top already. Giving him Mega Evolutions would just be too over the top.

The name is just the tip of the iceberg. Design wise it would just be ridiculous. C. Zygarde looks over the top already. Giving him Mega Evolutions would just be too over the top.

So what do you suggest will be the box mascot? Complete Zygarde? Wouldn't he be a bit stale by the time of the games release?

So what do you suggest will be the box mascot? Complete Zygarde? Wouldn't he be a bit stale by the time of the games release?
It could be something unexpected. I don't know... A new legendary?

Zygarde has a lot of paralels to Rayquaza, and I merely stated like Rayquaza it could Mega evolve with a move, and it currently has 2 hidden ones already. Zygarde already has 4 forms yes, but I can't see taking that number up to 5 or 6 to be that drastic.

I don't see anymore forms for Zygarde or mega evolution for that matter. Cell, Core, 10%, and Complete forms are good enough. Volcanion however can have new form/mega evolution.

It could be something unexpected. I don't know... A new legendary?

Problem is that there are no new legendary pokemon to appear. XY and ORAS have all of the legendary pokemon put together. Unless a mythical pokemon is made available.

Hey, calm down, pokéfans. I don't agree a lot with the idea (overhaul of formes), but I like the idea of a Mega Zygarde because then they could make Primal Xerneas and Yveltal with a reason (Imagine them before they went to sleep in their tree/cocoon). And Zygarde could have a reason to have the same, if not higher, stats than Mega Rayquaza. I just want to see Zygarde get some love. Maybe the Megas could be related to Loki?

I don't see anymore forms for Zygarde or mega evolution for that matter. Cell, Core, 10%, and Complete forms are good enough. Volcanion however can have new form/mega evolution.

Problem is that there are no new legendary pokemon to appear. XY and ORAS have all of the legendary pokemon put together. Unless a mythical pokemon is made available.

Cell is not really a form. The cells are what aid the transformation of the cores into other forms. That'd be like saying Prison Bottle is a hoopa form.

The facts are simple, there is no other non event legendary apart from Zygarde, and the current forms we have of it, will be very old news by June, they are greying a bit now in fact. And Zygarde still has these 2 special hidden moves.

It could happen. I've said it before: a Mythical Pokemon being made available in game, like Deoxys. But I doubt it. A mythical being made in game available is more suitable for a celebration game like ORAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom