• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it could be like platinum, with the Pokédex expanded. Mostly related to other Kalos Pokémon and hopefully, Drakeon. I don't see it like entering more new Pokés than Megas. Maybe 10-20, even less. I'd really see just a new Pseudo legend from SK Legendary Trio Drakeon and a bit more.

Platinum was different. It included pokemon that already existed. Pokemon Z shouldn't have new pokemon if gen 7 is coming after it.

Platinum was different. It included pokemon that already existed. Pokemon Z shouldn't have new pokemon if gen 7 is coming after it.
Gen VII could not have ANY connection to Kalos other than timeline, so it could be difficult to have those Pokés of Southern Kalos in Gen VII region.

Gen VII could not have ANY connection to Kalos other than timeline, so it could be difficult to have those Pokés of Southern Kalos in Gen VII region.

Game Freak wouldn't put new pokemon in a gen 6 game. They have always introduce new pokemon in a new generation and a new region. That is the one pattern that they would not break.

We are talking about new pokemon though. Wouldn't it be better to have new pokemon in gen 7 than to stick them in the last game of gen 6?
Well, no matter the quantity it's a selling point now that all non event legends and Pokés are available between XY and ORAS, and GF broke patterns while promoting Zygarde through the anime and happened like 9 months ago. A wait very long to see a new game after the reveal of Complete Zygarde.

Why does being complete mean you can't mega evolve? Complete Zygarde is when Zygarde is once again one being. Why can't that being have a Mega evolution like 46 other whole Pokemon who can Mega evolve? I imagine Complete Zygarde having a BST of 680 to match Xerneas and Yveltal, they are after all a trio. Why can't it use it's 2 hidden moves to go one step further. It already has 4 forms, is a 5th or 6th really that unwieldy?

Please share :)
Basically like this ithttp://www.deviantart.com/art/718-Zygarde-Complete-Forme-573630514

How is Z going to introduce new legendary pokemon? All the other legendary pokemon are split between XY and ORAS. There are no other legendary pokemon. The only ones left are the mythical pokemon but I have my doubts on that. As I mentioned before, the complete form has a power greater than Xerneas and Yveltal, which makes a mega/primal/another form pointless.

I said NEW legendaries. As in, never before seen? Y'know, the same way OR/AS introduced NEW Mega's? ;) Yeah. And yes, giving Complete Zygarde a Mega or Primal would be pointless since it'll probably be getting a 700BST regardless, but what I meant was it's not impossible.

OR/AS introduced brand-new Mega's from scratch. I don't understand why people are acting like Z couldn't introduce some new legendaries or something.

I mean, obviously Zygarde Complete will be the box mascot like Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, Origin Giratina and Rayquaza before it. But there's no reason why Zygarde couldn't get a Mega, Primal, another forme, or why there couldn't be new legendaries populating the games.

Well its last form is called C0mplete form, why go past completion? :p

but what if it's just flavor text? like 700 BST isn't going to stop Complete Zygarde from being cunt punted into orbit by a Moonblast from Xerneas. i mean, this is also the same game that says that Arcanine can run 6,200 miles in 24 hours (gracefully) and yet its speed is still 95.

Theoretically yes, but we have to consider that in cases where Pokémon are clearly stated to be a group's superior/master, they have higher base stats. Rayquaza for instance has 10 more BST then Kyogre/Groudon, and Landorus has 20 more then Thundurus/Tornadus. So more then likely, that trend would be held if they're saying it's more powerful then Xerneas/Yveltal.

I don't think they introduce new pokemon in Z. It would be pointless because gen 7 would be after Z. Why release new pokemon if Gen 7 is coming after Z? It is best to save new pokemon for the new gen.

So far you've just ruled every single thing out. You don't think it will be Gen 7, you don't think they will introduce new Pokemon like Gen 6.5, you don't think Zygarde will get new forms, so what do you think it will be, because so far it seems like you've ruled everything out but forgot to leave something in.

I don't see how a picture of Zygarde complete is a "controversial theory"?

We seem to be circling back to the old Gen 6.5 theory by suggesting new Pokemon might appear in the hypothetical Z.

I don't see it happening. If Gen 7 is on the horizon, perhaps even fall next year, what's the likelihood they're going to bring out new Pokemon now, in the middle of a generation? That doesn't make any sense to me. New forms, sure. New Mega evos (which are essentially a form), sure. Whole new Pokemon? Ehh. Not saying it definitely won't happen, but I'd be shocked if it did, because it doesn't seem to fit.

I'm not supporting gen 6.5 anymore, not unless we are looking at a 2018 release for gen 7. The way I see it at thos point, gen 6.5 would happen only if they absolutely want gen 7 on NX, but no way to get it out by 2017.

What do we actually know about the NX? Like is it definitely coming out this year, or could it be in 2017? Has game freak got the development kits yet? I think if a release is iminent within 2016 or early 2017, we would likely see Gen 7 out on the NX in 2017. I can't imagine them having a long 2.5 year delay like they did with the 3DS. I think they must know that was a bit chaotic.

I think it's clear new Pokemon won't be introduced this gen. New Forms and Megas are one thing, but new Pokedex entries is a bit Farfetched.

I mean Masuda and Ohmori were very proud that the Gen VI Pokedex can be completed between XY and ORAS. It is one of the selling point for both games.

This is actually one of the reasons people use to advocate for Gen VII, and it makes sense tbh. GF would've held back some Pokemon for the third game, if there was going to be a third game.

But I think Pokemon Z with new megas could still build a lot of hype.

Last edited:
Wouldn't two 75% formes, each one based either on land or sky make more sense? Like 75% Red would resemble something between 50 and 100 with wings, while 75% blue has the legs.
Well, yeah, you are the one with common sense. Sorry for causing all this chaos. I would be happy if at least it had 650 BST each one.

We seem to be circling back to the old Gen 6.5 theory by suggesting new Pokemon might appear in the hypothetical Z.

I don't see it happening. If Gen 7 is on the horizon, perhaps even fall next year, what's the likelihood they're going to bring out new Pokemon now, in the middle of a generation? That doesn't make any sense to me. New forms, sure. New Mega evos (which are essentially a form), sure. Whole new Pokemon? Ehh. Not saying it definitely won't happen, but I'd be shocked if it did, because it doesn't seem to fit.

That's just it though, it's the next logical step up from those things to make the games more surprising. Plus they fix a lot of problems with Kalos' Pokemon selection like the lack of new Pokemon and overabundance of older ones and allow the Pokemon variety to be expanded (as third versions/sequels have taken to doing lately) without making the balance between old and new Pokemon even worse. Honestly, I can't think of a better way for Game Freak to surprise players and give Kalos a much needed facelift.

I'm not supporting gen 6.5 anymore, not unless we are looking at a 2018 release for gen 7. The way I see it at thos point, gen 6.5 would happen only if they absolutely want gen 7 on NX, but no way to get it out by 2017.

It's possible that could be the case actually if they didn't get the devkits soon enough and this could be a viable alternative to another 5th gen situation which a lot of people didn't like. They add new Pokemon to Kalos to justify extending the generation an extra year while allowing them to move onto 7th gen whenever they want, it gives them a lot of flexibility with the timing of 7th gen so that they don't have to play out a filler generation before moving onto the NX.

What do we actually know about the NX? Like is it definitely coming out this year, or could it be in 2017? Has game freak got the development kits yet? I think if a release is iminent within 2016 or early 2017, we would likely see Gen 7 out on the NX in 2017. I can't imagine them having a long 2.5 year delay like they did with the 3DS. I think they must know that was a bit chaotic.

We have no indication when the release date is for the NX, the only thing Nintendo's said is that they'll talk more about it this year. Many people are speculating a Holiday 2016 release, but there's absolutely no confirmation of that yet.

@Bolt the Cat introducing new Pokemon mid- gen isn't logical imo. It would defeat the entire purpose of the concept "Generation". It would blur the line, and would destroy the compatibility between games in the same generation. People are already complaining how ORAS Megas are not usable in XY, making the XY metagame unusable. But at least those are "form changes", not new Pokedex entries.
New Pokemon in the same generation would be too much of an compatibility issue for the fans.

Again, we waited FIVE generations to start getting a good amount of new Pokemon formes in the middle of the Generation. And those manage to keep the generation fresh.

Last edited:
@Bolt the Cat introducing new Pokemon mid- gen isn't logical imo. It would defeat the entire purpose of the concept "Generation". It would blurr the line, and would destroy the compatibility between games in the same generation. People are already complaining how ORAS Megas are not usable in XY, making the XY metagame unusable. But at least those are "form changes", not new Pokedex entries.
New Pokemon in the same generation would be too much of an compatibility issue for the fans.
Idk honestly...GameFreak seems to be all about wanting players to compete in the VGC, and with rules for every TGC event being that you only use the most current game, it really wouldn't be a connectivity issue. Everyone at that point should be using the latest game, so if they don't & decide to complain about not being able to trade some new thing over to the old, then that would just be their own problem and not GameFreak's. Now, do I see them doing it now, more halfway through the generation? No. For the future? Yes. It might start with the legendaries, and then slowly trickle down to various Pokemon that get stuck in creative design limbo while the generation is being finalized for production (i.e. Shellos from gen 3 to 4).

In my opinion it would be more appropriate to do that for the future generations because at that point, instead of getting odd # generations with a large amount of pokemon of various design quality & even # generations with small amounts of pokemon that are of good design quality, they could finally weed out the crap designs in odd # generations and release only quality ones like Kalos did, then release a second batch halfway through for a full generation of quality designed monsters (Warning that statement was highly subjective towards the quality of pokemon designs so please don't rip me a new one over something you may not subjectively agree to).

Idk honestly...GameFreak seems to be all about wanting players to compete in the VGC, and with rules for every TGC event being that you only use the most current game, it really wouldn't be a connectivity issue. Everyone at that point should be using the latest game, so if they don't & decide to complain about not being able to trade some new thing over to the old, then that would just be their own problem and not GameFreak's. Now, do I see them doing it now, more halfway through the generation? No. For the future? Yes. It might start with the legendaries, and then slowly trickle down to various Pokemon that get stuck in creative design limbo while the generation is being finalized for production (i.e. Shellos from gen 3 to 4).

In my opinion it would be more appropriate to do that for the future generations because at that point, instead of getting odd # generations with a large amount of pokemon of various design quality & even # generations with small amounts of pokemon that are of good design quality, they could finally weed out the crap designs in odd # generations and release only quality ones like Kalos did, then release a second batch halfway through for a full generation of quality designed monsters (Warning that statement was highly subjective towards the quality of pokemon designs so please don't rip me a new one over something you may not subjectively agree to).
If a company only caters to the players of the most current game, neglecting the people who bought their last one but haven't bought their current one (within the same generation), they will lose a lot of supporters and buyers. People wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace, and their Pokedex would always be incomplete.

And GF has shown us they care for all their games, not only for the newest game. So I doubt they will ever change the generation strategy. Them introducing new formes has been going on since Deoxys. There is a big difference between formes and new Pokemon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom