• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence of Z:
  • Zygarde is the Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem of the Kalos region.
  • Zygarde gains new forms just like Giratina and Kyurem did.
  • The anime series goes by XY&Z.
  • The japanese title of the new movie is called Pokémon the Movie XY & Z 2016
  • Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves currently unusable in gen 6. Similar to Ice Burn and Freeze Shock before B2W2 came out.
Those of just some of the evidence of Z game. I see more evidence of it than gen 7 happening in my opinion.
To not get Z for the sake of surprising the fans with the unexpected would be absolutely stupid, the receipts all show evidence of Z like you mentioned, this is ridiculous.

The only one that is anime exclusive is Ash-Greninja. There is no reason for Zygarde to be the same. It would outrage a lot of fans if Zygarde's forms were anime exclusive. As I pointed out early, there is evidence to support Pokemon Z.
If not XY, and not Zygarde, it will be something else, but still part of gen VI. I don't see the logic in leaving gen VI yet.

If Game Freak don't want to make a Kalos related game, give us a Yellow (would be perfect for the anniversary), or Kanto revisit (not a remake) or Delta Emerald (doesn't make much sense), but don't move to Gen VII yet...

Still no corocoro leaks. I figured that there will not be anything interesting otherwise it would have leaked by now. Guess we have to wait for February.

I figured they would be just what we got here. They usually leak 3 days in advance so could leak tonight, but I assume they would just contain the info we got today, and TPCI decided to announce today before any leaks got out.

The Z has been in the anime logo for quite a while now, though. Several people including myself think of it as a sign that the obvious "Z" follow-up is, conceptually, being handled less-obviously elsewhere to pass the time.

Do people on this site really not understand what emphasis is? First we have the movie trailer narrator really shouting the " AND Z! " and now we have the new dub logo with a huge Z, as many have said it takes up so much of the space, unlikely the Japanese one. They are literally screaming Z at us, and some people are pretending they can't hear it.

Why bother? It's already getting a whole anime arc.

Do you know how little sense it makes for them to have one part of the franchise wrap up another part. Not to mention, that even in Japan not as many people watch the anime as play the game. The anime is just an advert for the game. They aren't going to just hand the concluding part of a 4 year project to the anime and say, ok you guys wrap it up.

They generate the main source of their revenue from the main series games, and they have the largest audience. Now admittedly Masuda said he wanted to surprise us, but shooting himself in the foot and literally throwing money away is a surprise too far.
The only one that is anime exclusive is Ash-Greninja.

Don't count on it! ;) We've already seen him pop up in various other spin off media outside the anime.

Guys, the info we just got, is all from the Pokemon.com website, right? And totally unrelated to the Coro Coro leak we expect?
So we can get something else that's cool right?

I am just not hyped, and want to get excited!
Yeah all this information is from Pokémon.com not from Corocoro

Don't count on it! ;) We've already seen him pop up in various other spin off media outside the anime.

Ash doesn't exist in the main series games though but his counterpart Red does. Unless they rename Ash-Greninja to be Mega Greninja or Red's Greninja, I don't see it happening but I would be okay with it if it did appear in Z.

Also I think the English dub poster confirms there is more big stuff coming. Certain individuals claim the whole thing will be wrapped up in March, leaving about 7 episodes that we don't know about yet. And I don't think 7 episodes is enough to create "the next great Pokemon series" or "journey into uncharted territory"

Now I will admit, CoroCoro has taught me they do sometimes over hype a bit, but I think the message is clear, this is not gonna be some ordinary little arc over and done with in the next 7 episodes.

Not to mention the Z dominating so much of the logo, way more than in the Japanese series.

Ash doesn't exist in the main series games though but his counterpart Red does. Unless they rename Ash-Greninja to be Mega Greninja or Red's Greninja, I don't see it happening but I would be okay with it if it did appear in Z.
It technically doesn't even have a name in the anime. In fact, the characters barely comment on it so chances are it's just a filler term that they're using until the real name is revealed.

*sigh*

Will the next games feature Zygarde somehow? Yes obviously, the forms need to be released.

Will it be a third version/Z? No. Why not? Because it is far, far, far too obvious.

It technically doesn't even have a name in the anime. In fact, the characters barely comment on it so chances are it's just a filler term that they're using until the real name is revealed.
Naming it Ash Greninja makes no sense. If it's just a place holder name, they could've called it Special Greninja, or "Chameleon Greninja" or "Transform Greninja". Ash Greninja smells like anime exclusive, maybe with an in game distribution.

*sigh*

Will the next games feature Zygarde somehow? Yes obviously, the forms need to be released.

Will it be a third version/Z? No. Why not? Because it is far, far, far too obvious.

I just call it Z because it is easier and the letter Z is in XY&Z series plus the pokemon title of the next movie. It could be called something else but who knows?

Guys, the info we just got, is all from the Pokemon.com website, right? And totally unrelated to the Coro Coro leak we expect?
So we can get something else that's cool right?

I am just not hyped, and want to get excited!

I wouldn't get your hopes up about CoroCoro this month. Seems unlikely they would do all of this info dropping from the website and not hint at something about the main game only to hint at it in CoroCoro. This is just the start of the celebration so we'll get tons of stuff throughout the year. Some of the stuff people won't b excited for necessarily, but it's best not to ignore all the great things they're doing just bc they haven't announced the main games yet. The announcement will come. It might just take another month. As hard as that wait will b hahaha

Oh yes, Z is our placeholder name for it. I think the game name will be XZ and YZ or Macro Z, etc. Not just Z. That would be too obvious.

Looks like those rumors about trembling news is false. Well, I never brought that for a second anyway and I don't see much for corocoro this month.

Naming it Ash Greninja makes no sense. If it's just a place holder name, they could've called it Special Greninja, or "Chameleon Greninja" or "Transform Greninja". Ash Greninja smells like anime exclusive, maybe with an in game distribution.
It's a weird trend TPC has when they wanna conceal stuff just like Awakened Mewtwo a while back. Though I just wanna see what the concept is called

Let's not forget that the next game could not be Kalos based or XY linked at all, and still be part of Gen VI. That's what I would ideally prefer.

But if it is Kalos based, and connected with XY, then I think we might be missing the point when discussing the title.

1. We know it's unlikely to be Z, because Masuda named Z as an expected possibility already.

2. It could use the letter Z together with X, Y, and something else.

3. And most importantly, we know the third game/s are always connected to the first two by the title. And Masuda already explained XY represent the X and Y axis.

So my theory is that we should look into some maths concepts linked to the two axis, if we want a hint of the next version's title.

Any maths nerd wanna help? :p

Last edited:
Let's not forget that the next game could not be Kalos based or XY linked at all, and still be part of Gen VI. That's what I would ideally prefer.

But if it is Kalos based, and connected with XY, then I think we might be missing the point when discussing the title.

1. We know it's unlikely to be Z, because Masuda named Z as an expected possibility already.

2. It could use the letter Z together with X, Y, and something else.

3. And most importantly, we know the third game/s are always connected to the first two by the title. Smd Masuda already explained XY represent the X and Y axis.
So my theory is that we should look into some maths concepts linked to the two axis, if we want a hint of the next version's title.

Any msths nerd wanna help?
Em, maybe Zero (not my idea, but whatever, if it is thank the first one who suggested it) because when X axis and Y axis meet is point Zero. Plus, it starts with Z. Another unlikely possibility could be Zeta, you know, like the Greek letter, and it could have connections to Hoenn. Still, I point to sequels XZ and YZ, or a third version.
EDIT: Or prequels. The mind of Masuda is an unsolvable mystery. I kinda hope he stops being sadic to the Pokéfans and have mercy by announcing whatever comes.

Last edited:
Em, maybe Zero (not my idea, but whatever, if it is thank the first one who suggested it) because when X axis and Y axis meet is point Zero. Plus, it starts with Z. Another unlikely possibility could be Zeta, you know, like the Greek letter, and it could have connections to Hoenn. Still, I point to sequels XZ and YZ, or a third version.
EDIT: Or prequels. The mind of Masuda is an unsolvable mystery. I kinda hope he stops being sadic to the Pokéfans and have mercy by announcing whatever comes.
There is no such thing as "too much Hoenn" for a Hoenn fan like me, but an other Hoenn based/related game next would be quite unlikely, considering how good ORAS were, and how nicely they did their job of remaking Hoenn in all of it's 3D awesomeness. But hey, if they want to give us more Hoenn, ok.

Anyway, I think something Kalos is more likely.

And if that's the case, I think Zero would be the most logical name. Except for the fact it doesn't sound very appealing and popular.

Zeta would be a great name I think!

Last edited:
For some reason the major news outlets are reporting that there will be no new mainline game this year, and its snowballing into fact. Uh, why exactly?

No, not at all. They looked at the 20th anniversaty trailer or thw website and no "Pokemon Z" was in these. For obvious reasons. That doesn't debunk a main game this year and seriously, WHY they should not release a new main game after the year gap and on the 20th anniversary at all?

I am thinking about it and I think that having lots of side games and Anniversary things, and a main series release to top it all is the best marketing strategy.

Of course this is the best marketing. Now the "mythical pokemon" distribution confirm, that they won't support the anniversaty until february only, but the whole year. And now think more into it. The first month of the year is good filled with games like Pokken, the VC Releases, the merchandise, the 20th anniversary stuff and the anime. Of course they would hype up the first half of the year with that and after that, they release the new main series game after all that promotion.

Em, maybe Zero (not my idea, but whatever, if it is thank the first one who suggested it) because when X axis and Y axis meet is point Zero.

Yeah I also thought about the name, but more for two games. I thought about Zero X and Zero Y. Zero X/Y on the coordinate would be the point, where all axes cross, including the Z-Axe. Also Zero X -> Y-Axe and Zero Y -> X-Axe = the perfect way to focus on Yveltal on the X sequel and Xerneas on the Y sequel.

Last edited:
I literally could not care less about what it's called, they could call it Pokemon Zippity Doo Dah Version for all it matters, I JUST WANT IT YESTERDAY.

The #pokemon20 on Twitter is killing me, everyone sharing their stories and nostalgia and excitement - hype is at maximum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom