• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Xerneas have that weird light blue form?

brony shenanigans

You made out that I was asking you to answer on someone elses behalf but I wasn't. I asked a question openly, not directed at you, but you replied, and then when I followed up you said it wasn't your job to act as a third party. I don't mind you replying to my posts this is a forum and discussion makes it interesting, but please don't join the discussion then pretend I am somehow forcing you to contribute or write a response.

You said:
Like what in the news we got are they saying suggests Gen 7?

I took this that you were asking me to post what others had said, as you couldn't see them. By this, I can surmise I misinterpreted your intention. That's my bad.

You've missed the point entirely. There is a difference between individual games being complete and the generation itself being complete. But there is still a lot unanswered and we know the games aren't DLC compatible, so for them to just leave the whole thing unanswered rather than resolving them in a 3rd instalment like they have done since Crystal, would make the generation as a whole feel incomplete, not the individual games.

I agree that X/Y left some things to be desired. The lack of X/Y compatability patches after OR/AS' release just added to that.

I suppose it depends on how you look at what a generation is - is a generation the sum of its games, or it something decided beforehand and created through a specific number of games?
I don't think there is a real answser to that question, but it's interesting to think about.

As for unanswered...what exactly is left unanswered? I'm not trying to antagonize with that, I'm genuinely curious of what people feel was left hanging.

I know people have said quite a few things, like the ghost girl etc, but the main two to my memory were Zygarde & Lysandre's fate after the weapon was fired.

It doesn't have to be in the movie at all, I mean, it's getting an entire anime arc to itself. It might be in the movie

I have a sneaking suspicion that Zygarde may well be in the movie, but the form we ultimately see will differ from the one we'll see in the anime arc.

That said, Zygarde as a focus in the anime, a big role in the film and a main game/s focusing on it feels a bit overkill to me. No legendary has had this much push before. I can't see what makes Zygarde so special that it'd need all this coverage.

The news next month is unlikely Z due to the fact that no pokemon game has been announced by corocoro since Platinum. I think this so called "announcement that will affect the entire world" news is being overhyped like in December which turned out to be Volcanion. I'm not buying this news not one bit until I see it for myself.
It's likely a reveal of Volcanion's new form also maybe something else

I didn't actually say Team Flare, I said Lysandre's ancestor the younger brother of AZ, or even AZ himself. But, we don't actually know how old Team Flare is, nothing says Lysandre started it. It could have been inherited. This could explain the fire motif but lack of actual fire users. Historically it was a fire team, but over the years has diversified.

It's p0ssible, but I doubt it. Volcanion isn't connected to anything related to what happened in the war or the Ultimate Weapon as it's described as just a Pokémon with a lot of power like most event Pokémon, so it's probably not a product of Lysandre's ancestor's actions and the same with AZ. As for Team Flare itself, the group was formed from the millionaires that funded Lysandre's genocidal plans and thus were a product of his actions alone, so they likely didn't exist in their current form before Lysandre jumped off of the slippery slope.

So the only thing really connecting the two right now is that Volcanion is a fire type and Team Flare is fire themed, which isn't the best way to say the two will be connected story-wise.

It doesn't have to be in the movie at all, I mean, it's getting an entire anime arc to itself. It might be in the movie, considering that one poster, but I wouldn't really expect a huge role tbh. It doesn't have to follow a pattern. :/

Though, if they do move onto Generation 7, they could have South Kalos be the new region and we go to North Kalos for the post-game? Zygarde, Northern Kalos starters, Xerneas, Yveltal, Eternal Flower Floette, and all the Generation 6 Pokemon would still be relevant along with Southern Kalos starters and new Pokemon.

Actually it does because Zygarde is important enough to star in the movie and it has to follow the pattern. Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem got their own movies so Zygarde would do the same. Again gen 7 is too early and the whole two region thing doesn't work. Plus gen 7 should not be focusing on a gen 6 legendary when it has its own legendary pokemon. Eternal Floette can be an event pokemon only.

Reactions: !Z!
It's p0ssible, but I doubt it. Volcanion isn't connected to anything related to what happened in the war or the Ultimate Weapon

And you know this how???

The truth is we know very little about the great war, or about Lysandre's ancestor. A lot of Pokemon have a back story not initially viewable. I mean Hoopa is implied in ORAS to have been causing mischief for centuries and even present in Gen 3.

Besides the movies are masters at fitting 2 concepts and Pokemon that have no in game link to each other. If we went on games alone we could say Kyurem is not related to the Muskedeers, but the anime created a link between them going back hundreds of years. Same with Victini and the Tao Dragons.

And you know this how???

All NPC dialogue from both XY and ORAS, the Pokedex entries, and what's been given officially. Granted, that can change, but considering Genesect was connected to Plasma as soon as we gleaned the Pokedex entry, I doubt they'll connect the two.

The truth is we know very little about the great war, or about Lysandre's ancestor. A lot of Pokemon have a back story not initially viewable. I mean Hoopa is implied in ORAS to have been causing mischief for centuries and even present in Gen 3.

True, but we can't completely go off of 'what ifs' here as then we can also say Ash-Greninja (or rather, its past equivalent) was involved in the Great War. What we have currently is what we know about the character, and from what it describes, it has no role in the Great War implied or otherwise. Also, just because the Great War hasn't been talked about more yet doesn't mean that Volcanion couldn't have been connected as soon as we got the datamined information. Again, they didn't hide Genesect's connection to Plasma when we first read up on it, so I don't think they needed to hide (or at least, not hint at) Volcanion's connection if they really wanted to develop a storyline around that.

As for Hoopa, that was stated about it in XY as well. Hell, XY has dialogue saying Hoopa dumped an entire organization's building in the desert for giggles.

Besides the movies are masters at fitting 2 concepts and Pokemon that have no in game link to each other. If we went on games alone we could say Kyurem is not related to the Muskedeers, but the anime created a link between them going back hundreds of years. Same with Victini and the Tao Dragons.

Yes, the movies can do that, and that's exclusive to those movies' storylines. Take your Reshiram/Zekrom example, Victini is used as a power-up for the machine and is otherwise unconnected to the two, and they have appeared without the other being referred to at all, such as with Episode N. The point of the movies is to advertise the stars of the show and they'll do that by making a story around them as best as they can, and usually those stories will have little effect on what it means for the legendaries in future appearances whether its the anime, games or otherwise.

Last edited:

I would've actually gone with Lugia and the Legendary Birds, since that connection was established in the Manga and Anime, and later made it into game canon all the way in X and Y. Or Spiky-Eared Pichu and Time Lord Pokémon (Dialga in the movie, Celebi in the game), or even Celebi and Zorua.

Well well well, history is repeating itself! I'm surprised that it is, now that it has mentioned "huge announcement that will shock the world". There is a difference between "big news" and "huge announcement that will shock the world".

"Big news" usually refers to an unannounced Pokémon, a new Pokémon or a new forme. While "huge announcement that will shock the world" refers to a game announcement, no doubt about it.

They did the same thing with CoroCoro way back in April 2008, as shown here. They said "huge announcement with text about it in next issue [shows a release timeline]". CoroCoro was leaked on May 11th in 2008. And guess what was revealed? Pocket Monsters Platinum! Which we call here in the west as "Pokémon Platinum Version". And as some of us may remember, they provided a couple of screenshots which showed the player battling Giratina in it's Origin Forme and the player in front of Giratina and Cyrus on Spear Pillar. And that's what happened back then.

If anyone is going to say "oh no, CoroCoro won't reveal any new games before the official Pokémon website announces it, because they don't do that anymore". Well, lemme tell you something... you really DON'T know these things. For all we know, history can repeat itself and Game Freak has repeated it's own history before. It's not Game Freak that organizes all of this, it's The Pokémon Company in Japan, then it's The Pokémon Company International for the west.

You will be surprised in what can happen. Returning to Kalos this year (whenever it be X2/Y2 or a Z) is completely unavoidable, they planned this game right from when they were developing X/Y, but instead... they decided to do Ruby and Sapphire remakes as a way of surprising their fans and knew that it was a good time to make it. Junichi Masuda explicitly stated that when he was asked by GameSpot as to why they went along the path of developing OR/AS instead of a "Z": "For example, if after Black and White we came out with a grey, people would have been expecting that," he said. "Same thing with X/Y and having a Z straight afterwards. So we're always just trying to surprise people." And then he went on to say "There's been a lot of demand from people to remake Ruby/Sapphire on social media, for example." "Right now really felt like a good time to do it, and instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y we're tying it together in some unique ways." Source: Pokemon Director Explains Why Series is Becoming Easier

So this interview well and truly confirms that they develop games upon demand and what they have been working on much earlier on. Like for instance, there was a lot of demand for Ruby and Sapphire remakes back in 2012, after Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 were released. So they knew they had to surprise their fans with something they really wanted. And guess what? Since the release of Pokémon X/Y, everyone has been demanding for a Pokémon Z. And it's going to happen in some way or another, even if it does end up being named something like "Pokémon Zero", which I doubt it will since there's already a game called "Star Fox Zero" being released this year and would create confusion. But then again, it does raise questions as to why Junichi Masuda said "instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y", since it clearly can mean that Game Freak is developing Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2. Sequels are different from reboots, we know Crystal, Emerald and Platinum were reboots. If he was developing a Pokémon Z, wouldn't he say something like... "instead of doing a redevelopment of X/Y" instead of saying sequels?

So... looks to me like Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 confirmed!

But if it does end up being Pokémon Z, it will be hilarious though. Everyone here in the west (even on the official websites and trailers) will call it "Pokémon Zee", while everyone in Japan and South Korea (on their official websites and trailers) will be calling it "Poketto Monsutā Zed (lit. Pocket Monsters Zed)" and "Poket Monseuteo Zed (lit. Pocket Monsters Zed)". You've just gotta love the different pronunciations of things between Japan vs. The West. Localization made easy!

But either way, we're not going to be seeing a worldwide release date of the games this time, not now or any start of a brand new generation (unless it's on the 20th, 30th or 40th anniversary of Pokémon). We knew the anime would go backwards in the amount of days apart from the Japanese airing, and it's even further back than what I expected it was going to be. Japan will get the next games first before the rest of the world, just like they did with Black 2/White 2 and earlier. They will get it before Australia as well. And we're not going to complain about it, we're just going to be patient as always. Like they always say, good things come to those who wait. And the more we expect things sooner, the more harm it will do to people elsewhere.

While "huge announcement that will shock the world" refers to a game announcement, no doubt about it.
No doubt about it? CoroCoro explicitly said that the announcement will involve the movie. Sure, it's likely to have implications for the games, but they don't have to announce the games right away.

There's no comparison to what they said in April 2008. Back then, they blatantly foreshadowed a third version by bringing up Blue, Crystal and Emerald.

No doubt about it? CoroCoro explicitly said that the announcement will involve the movie.

Explicitly, when every source, Serebii included, has mentioned that the movie part is vaguely worded? With some sources even saying that part isn't even mentioned in the CoroCoro website while the rest of the statement is? Sure, it's definitely explicitly stated. ;)

So this interview well and truly confirms that they develop games upon demand and what they have been working on much earlier on. Like for instance, there was a lot of demand for Ruby and Sapphire remakes back in 2012, after Pokémon Black Version 2 and White Version 2 were released. So they knew they had to surprise their fans with something they really wanted. And guess what? Since the release of Pokémon X/Y, everyone has been demanding for a Pokémon Z. And it's going to happen in some way or another, even if it does end up being named something like "Pokémon Zero", which I doubt it will since there's already a game called "Star Fox Zero" being released this year and would create confusion. But then again, it does raise questions as to why Junichi Masuda said "instead of doing a direct sequel to X/Y", since it clearly can mean that Game Freak is developing Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2. Sequels are different from reboots, we know Crystal, Emerald and Platinum were reboots. If he was developing a Pokémon Z, wouldn't he say something like... "instead of doing a redevelopment of X/Y" instead of saying sequels?

So... looks to me like Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 confirmed!

I don't think so. Zygarde has only got one complete form so it can only be a mascot to one game. Z also makes more sense due to the anime series called XY&Z and the next movie: Pokémon the Movie XY & Z 2016.

Zygarde has only got one complete form so it can only be a mascot to one game. Z also makes more sense due to the anime series called XY&Z and the next movie: Pokémon the Movie XY & Z 2016.

...For now. Who knows what 2016 will bring. It may well bring another Zygarde form. Given that Zygarde's forms change on the basis of its cell amounts, I think more forms wouldn't be much of a stretch.

They're pushing Zygarde hard, a new form would only aid to that end.

Actually it does because Zygarde is important enough to star in the movie and it has to follow the pattern. Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem got their own movies so Zygarde would do the same.

It has to? Heh. It's already broken this pattern by having forms revealed out of nowhere with no game announcement, the anime being renamed to it and an entire arc dedicated to it and its forms.

...For now. Who knows what 2016 will bring. It may well bring another Zygarde form. Given that Zygarde's forms change on the basis of its cell amounts, I think more forms wouldn't be much of a stretch.

They're pushing Zygarde hard, a new form would only aid to that end.

It has to? Heh. It's already broken this pattern by having forms revealed out of nowhere with no game announcement, the anime being renamed to it and an entire arc dedicated to it and its forms.

Complete Zygarde would have a power great than Xerneas and Yveltal which means it would be strong enough as it is. Adding another form is pointless. Zygarde is the third legendary of the trio and it is unlikely for it to not be in the movie. Zygarde is likely to follow the same pattern as Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. That is a pattern that is unlikely to break.

Explicitly, when every source, Serebii included, has mentioned that the movie part is vaguely worded? With some sources even saying that part isn't even mentioned in the CoroCoro website while the rest of the statement is? Sure, it's definitely explicitly stated. ;)
Serebii has said no such thing; he even corrected people who interpreted the wording as possibly not being movie-related. "World exclusive scoop poster and a major announcement that will affect the entire world for the movie" is explicit.

Complete Zygarde would have a power great than Xerneas and Yveltal which means it would be strong enough as it is. Adding another form is pointless. Zygarde is the third legendary of the trio and it is unlikely for it to not be in the movie. Zygarde is likely to follow the same pattern as Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. That is a pattern that is unlikely to break.
Except that pattern is being broken by Zygarde getting a whole arc dedicated to it in the anime.

Kyurem and Giratina never got such focus in the anime.

Complete Zygarde would have a power great than Xerneas and Yveltal which means it would be strong enough as it is. Adding another form is pointless.

Adding another forms adds suprise, interest & more reason for people to see the movie. People will have seen Zygarde Complete in the anime. It's somewhat...old news. There's no denying that a new Volcanion form AND a new Zygarde form on top is going to garner more interest.

Adding another forms adds suprise, interest & more reason for people to see the movie. People will have seen Zygarde Complete in the anime. It's somewhat...old news. There's no denying that a new Volcanion form AND a new Zygarde form on top is going to garner more interest.
Yeah I'm with you 100% here. At this point Zygarde's forms are no longer new so adding an extra one would generate even more interest than before in the same vain as Zard X and Mewtwo X did three years ago. I'm very interested to see Volcanion's potential form as well.

Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2! What a nice surprise that would be! It would make more sense with the logo, since Zygarde's 50% Forme either looks like a "Z" or a "2". Direct sequels would be amazing, since it can take on an entirely new storyline, rather than reusing the same storyline with little difference.

And of course, didn't I say months ago that Zygarde could have not just one... but two Complete Formes? We could be having the same thing that happened with Mega Mewtwo Y, when it used to be just called "Mega Mewtwo" (despite the leaks from an ex-TPCi localizing employee in Italy, who mentioned of a "Mewtwo looking" forme of Mewtwo).

Imagine, Complete Forme X and Complete Forme Y. There's five things that actually support this theory of Zygarde having two Complete Formes:
  1. Red Zygarde Core (which Bonnie named "Squishy/Puni-Chan" in the anime) is the one that will become Complete Forme Y (the forme that we've already seen and know about as "Complete Forme").
  2. Blue Zygarde Core (aka Z-2 by Team Flare in the anime) is the one that will become Complete Forme X (which hasn't been seen yet).
  3. The red and the blue gems that appear on both Zygarde Cores relate to the X and Y game logos.
  4. Thousand Arrows is used by Complete Forme X, while Thousand Waves is used by Complete Forme Y.
  5. We've all seen Zygarde's 10% Forme use Land's Wrath, which confirms that 10% Forme cannot use Thousand Arrows or Thousand Waves.
So obviously... it does suggest me that they might at some point announce about Zygarde's Complete Forme X before Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 are announced.

But having said that, if the games end up being called Pokémon ZA and Pokémon ZB, then I wonder how Complete Forme X and Complete Forme Y would be able to fit onto the letters? Oh wait, now it makes sense, "A" looks just like the Complete Forme we've already seen! So that means... the other Complete Forme would have to look like the letter "B".

So if the Complete Formes of Zygarde end up being called "Complete Forme A" and "Complete Forme B", then it would mean the one we've seen so far is actually "Complete Forme A" and knows Thousand Waves, while "Complete Forme B" knows Thousand Arrows. Or should it be the other way around in regards to moves? If my theory is correct on the types of moves it uses, then "Complete Forme B" would have to look very spiky in appearance and look like the letter "B".

What does everyone else think? Does the current Zygarde "Complete Forme" look spiky enough to know Thousand Arrows? Or should it be saved for the other Complete Forme that hasn't been revealed yet?

Oh yeah! Speaking of Pocket Monsters XY&Z The Movie: Volcanion and the Flower of Eternity: Flaette, it will be announced in the next CoroCoro, from what everyone has told me here in this thread. And yep, I can only speculate that the name of the movie will be called "Pocket Monsters XY&Z: The Movie: Volcanion and the Flower of Eternity: Flaette".

Last edited:
Reactions: !Z!
What does everyone else think? Does the current Zygarde "Complete Forme" look spiky enough to know Thousand Arrows? Or should it be saved for the other Complete Forme that hasn't been revealed yet?
We have Zygarde 100%, that's the complete form.

And why does it have to look spiky to fire arrows? Can't it just create arrows?

Oh yeah! Speaking of Pocket Monsters XY&Z The Movie: Volcanion and the Flower of Eternity: Flaette, it will be announced in the next CoroCoro, from what everyone has told me here in this thread. And yep, I can only speculate that the name of the movie will be called "Pocket Monsters XY&Z: The Movie: Volcanion and the Flower of Eternity: Flaette".
Eternal Floette would hardly be shocking because:

A) It's a Floette.
B) We are already aware of its existence through X/Y.

Whatever it is we're getting, it is something that doesn't exist in any of the existing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom