• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly would love another PWT, I mean... How dare they neglect the E4 members? And the rest of the Champions (AKA the Player Characters of Gens. Past... They must have canonical teams, right?)

If we get another Battle Maison, I probably won't bother with it because once was good, twice is not so much and three times is just too much. I expect it to appear regardless on any other battle facility that I want instead of it. I want to know if there is a new area that you go to by taking the railroad in Couriway Town

Last edited:
I honestly would love another PWT, I mean... How dare they neglect the E4 members? And the rest of the Champions (AKA the Player Characters of Gens. Past... They must have canonical teams, right?)
I would like to see PWT, besides not being essential, would be a nice addition due to timeline.
But it's understandable the reasons the playable characters were not present... In addition to the canon Team problem, which is represented by pokemon that each player chooses during the walk through, would have to canonize one of the two characters as the champion. Though obviously not something terrible, take away a bit of RPG proposal. Not that's impossible to happen, but honestily, it's unecessary.

If the PWT returned as a feature like the league in the anime, but for the games, that would be awesome. I like there to be choices that affect the plot a bit more (rivals, friends, path/occupation, etc.), maybe a bit like Fire Emblem.

And about the VC releases, my common sense is telling me they will be a complete copy from Gen I, but I still hope we will be surprised with some extra incentive. Running Shoes, touch screen extras, etc

Same here. There are several things I would actually love for them to edit and improve. One of my biggest hopes for editing is movesets. I would at least really like to see Red and Blue get the moveset updates that were done in Yellow version. In Yellow, several movesets were improved from Red and Blue. Considering they are releasing all 3 games, it would be a good idea to update RB movesets to match Yellow standards. Actually, many of the movesets sucked so badly, I'd appreciate a larger overhaul. It's bad when Pokemon can't even learn a single move of their own type through level up. But I don't expect it by any means, and I'll still be playing.

In addition, I hope they update/fix the type chart/matchups. I don't mean including newer types, I just mean the errors such as Ghost being non-effective against Psychic rather than super effective as it was meant to be. If they could just fix all the type matchups that would be great.

Those are really my main two hopes for editing and improvement. If we get those, I'll be happy. Though, I suppose there are some other things that could be nice to see. Running shoes would be cool, as would some kind of touch screen feature as you suggest (though I doubt it will happen).

While I expect to enjoy the VC RBY games, I'm still dying to hear about an actual new main series game. Ugh. Who knows what they're doing.

Since we've known that Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are based off Norse Mythology since the very beginning of X/Y's development, that has got me thinking once again.

As we know, Zygarde Complete Forme (or "Zygarde Complete Forme Y") is based off Hel, Yveltal and Zygarde's appearance. And what if the other Zygarde Complete Forme (or what I call "Zygarde Complete Forme X") is based off Loki's Mare (horse) shape, Xerneas and Zygarde's appearance? Wouldn't it make it more like a horse-like and Xerneas-like and Zygarde-like forme?

That would be an incredible concept! If only if there's someone who could draw something like that. But would make more sense for Zygarde Complete Forme X to use Thousand Arrows, would it not?

Last edited:
Which brings me back to the previous issue we discussed: our speculation theories go wild sometimes, we start seeing hidden connections everywhere, and then when the next game has none of our wildly cool speculations, we say: "How disappointing. The game is good, but it could've been so much better." And of course, when we write a whole plot in our heads, of course what we get might not live up to our expectations.
This is why yesterday, I told you GF is not responsible for our sky high expectations. They put a few cool lore expansions and easter eggs here and there, and we think it has to lead or forshadow something bigger, and it really doesn't have to. It could, but not necessarily.

Oh man, this reminds me of how the True Detective fandom went batshit in season 1. Somewhere around episode 5 everyone took to the internet in hordes and egged each other on with increasingly wilder fan theories about the identity of the killer, believing every smallest thing the characters did and said was somehow a clue, and then in the finale a lot of the fans were VERY butthurt: 'What do you MEAN it's the redneck on the lawn mower!? It was supposed to be Rust or Marty! Or Marty's wife! Or Marty's wife's dad! Or Marty's wife's dad's dog!' LOL. Some of them were so busy being disappointed that their crackpot theories didn't pan out that they didn't even seem to appreciate what a master craft the show had actually been - I see a similar attitude about Pokemn ORAS, actually. People protest very loudly about a lack of a Frontier, and I always think 'but what about everything else? ORAS has SO much going for it, you can't just whine because a single thing you wanted was missing!'

So yeah, it's fun to speculate, especially since this AZ/Azoth stuff seems to be pointing somewhere. But let's learn from the True Detective fandom's disappointment and try to keep our imaginations and reality two separate beasts. And hey, if our dreams and hopes for the next game don't pan out, it's very likely that nevertheless we'll derive enjoyment from it.

Oh man, this reminds me of how the True Detective fandom went batshit in season 1. Somewhere around episode 5 everyone took to the internet in hordes and egged each other on with increasingly wilder fan theories about the identity of the killer, believing every smallest thing the characters did and said was somehow a clue, and then in the finale a lot of the fans were VERY butthurt: 'What do you MEAN it's the redneck on the lawn mower!? It was supposed to be Rust or Marty! Or Marty's wife! Or Marty's wife's dad! Or Marty's wife's dad's dog!' LOL. Some of them were so busy being disappointed that their crackpot theories didn't pan out that they didn't even seem to appreciate what a master craft the show had actually been - I see a similar attitude about Pokemn ORAS, actually. People protest very loudly about a lack of a Frontier, and I always think 'but what about everything else? ORAS has SO much going for it, you can't just whine because a single thing you wanted was missing!'

So yeah, it's fun to speculate, especially since this AZ/Azoth stuff seems to be pointing somewhere. But let's learn from the True Detective fandom's disappointment and try to keep our imaginations and reality two separate beasts. And hey, if our dreams and hopes for the next game don't pan out, it's very likely that nevertheless we'll derive enjoyment from it.
I agree with every word you said... And especially about the Hoenn remakes.
When I first joined here, ORAS was the current game. I had no experience with the fandom, and I was surprised to see how everybody was whining about the current game instead of enjoying it. Especially the Battle Frontier. Even I, a big Frontier fan, who was expecting the Frontier's return in ORAS, started to get tired of all the whining. Like, as you said, it's not like the Battle Frontier was cut and nothing substituted it. We got a Battle Resort (which functions like a mini Frontier anyway) Soaring, DEX NAV, a whole new Mauville City, a brand new Delta Episode, underwater battles, etc. But a lot of people were whining about the lack of a single feature. LOL Later I realized that the people whining about that were just a tiny percent of the people who bought the game, just a very loud minority.

Anyway, now I realize that it wasn't something personal towards ORAS, but just the typical reaction of this fandom with every new game:

1. (when a game is announced) Oh this game will be soooo awesomeeee, like, best game ever!
2. (when bought) Wow! The game really is the best ever!
3. (after a few weeks of playing it) Yeah the game was good, but it could have been soooo much better if it had this and that or that.
4. (after a few more months of plying it) Man this game was such a let down. A missed opportunity on GF's part.
5. (after a year or two have passed and people are tired of the following game already.) I miss the last game. It had so many cool features missing from this game.

It's a vicious cycle of overhyping-enjoying-hating-feeling nostalgic for a game. ORAS will represent this cycle perfectly imo. And people will start considering it awesome only when it's not the most recent game.

So yeah, I think the next game's vicious cycle has already started. I hope people don't do those mistakes with the next game, but they most certainly will. Step number one (overhyping and sky high expectations) has already started.

Last edited:
I would like to see PWT, besides not being essential, would be a nice addition due to timeline.
But it's understandable the reasons the playable characters were not present... In addition to the canon Team problem, which is represented by pokemon that each player chooses during the walk through, would have to canonize one of the two characters as the champion. Though obviously not something terrible, take away a bit of RPG proposal. Not that's impossible to happen, but honestily, it's unecessary.

Technically, each Player Character has artwork depicting them with Pokémon. One could assume that those Pokémon are their canonical team. ;)

And as for which of the pair is a champion (or trio in Johto's case), simple. Red is canon, and if we go by anime, so are May, Dawn and Serena, since they're the "player character" versions (Dawn being Johanna's daughter, May being Norman's, Serena being Grace's). The only PC's that are up for interpretation are Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Nate, Rosa, Hilbert and Hilda. (But even then most people agree that White is the canon version. N is always marketed with Reshiram, and even is linked to it in the anime, which would make Ash, the "PC" of the anime, linked to Zekrom... which he is...)

Technically, each Player Character has artwork depicting them with Pokémon. One could assume that those Pokémon are their canonical team. ;)

And as for which of the pair is a champion (or trio in Johto's case), simple. Red is canon, and if we go by anime, so are May, Dawn and Serena, since they're the "player character" versions (Dawn being Johanna's daughter, May being Norman's, Serena being Grace's). The only PC's that are up for interpretation are Ethan, Kris, Lyra, Nate, Rosa, Hilbert and Hilda. (But even then most people agree that White is the canon version. N is always marketed with Reshiram, and even is linked to it in the anime, which would make Ash, the "PC" of the anime, linked to Zekrom... which he is...)
Yeah, about the artwork makes sense. Also, there's the team used by the rival, at least the gen 2, 3, 4, and 6 has pre-defined pokemons, moreover, it's just customize with other Pokemon that balances the team.

About the canon character, the only one that is official is Red, the others are not stated, though as you said, it is possible to deduce that white is the official version and Yellow (because of the Red team), among other things. But the anime, in this regard, has very little to do with the story of the game. The same way Red is not Ash, the female characters are not the same, concerning personality and role. So it makes little sense to mix things up.

Again, it's not that is impossible the player characters appear in the tournement, this not necessarily go against any principle of the game, and it's not something hard to do. Actually the fisrt time I found odd they were not there. Now I think is better this way, but it's just my opinion, :D

Same here. There are several things I would actually love for them to edit and improve. One of my biggest hopes for editing is movesets. I would at least really like to see Red and Blue get the moveset updates that were done in Yellow version. In Yellow, several movesets were improved from Red and Blue. Considering they are releasing all 3 games, it would be a good idea to update RB movesets to match Yellow standards. Actually, many of the movesets sucked so badly, I'd appreciate a larger overhaul. It's bad when Pokemon can't even learn a single move of their own type through level up. But I don't expect it by any means, and I'll still be playing.

In addition, I hope they update/fix the type chart/matchups. I don't mean including newer types, I just mean the errors such as Ghost being non-effective against Psychic rather than super effective as it was meant to be. If they could just fix all the type matchups that would be great.

Those are really my main two hopes for editing and improvement. If we get those, I'll be happy. Though, I suppose there are some other things that could be nice to see. Running shoes would be cool, as would some kind of touch screen feature as you suggest (though I doubt it will happen).

While I expect to enjoy the VC RBY games, I'm still dying to hear about an actual new main series game. Ugh. Who knows what they're doing.
Glad to see I am not the only player expecting something extra in the VC releases. I don't think they will add something, but I don't rule it out just yet. Mainly because it's the Anniversary and because it makes sense: adding a few goodies to the game would give it an edge over the emulators where everybody can play them FOR FREE.

Last edited:
Even though it probably won't happen, a Pokemon line of amiibo for the VC releases would be kind of neat. Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Eevee, and Mewtwo.

I'm not sure what they would do... Perhaps they could unlock mini-games?

Even though it probably won't happen, a Pokemon line of amiibo for the VC releases would be kind of neat. Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Eevee, and Mewtwo.

Maybe Pikachu Amiibo could unlock the surfing Pikachu mini game in Yellow? Maybe they could patch it into Red and Blue too?

It'd be super cool to see pixel versions of these pokemon as amiibo similar to the 30th anniversary Mario amiibo.

Since we've known that Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are based off Norse Mythology since the very beginning of X/Y's development, that has got me thinking once again.

As we know, Zygarde Complete Forme (or "Zygarde Complete Forme Y") is based off Hel, Yveltal and Zygarde's appearance. And what if the other Zygarde Complete Forme (or what I call "Zygarde Complete Forme X") is based off Loki's Mare (horse) shape, Xerneas and Zygarde's appearance? Wouldn't it make it more like a horse-like and Xerneas-like and Zygarde-like forme?

That would be an incredible concept! If only if there's someone who could draw something like that. But would make more sense for Zygarde Complete Forme X to use Thousand Arrows, would it not?

There is no X or Y Complete Zygarde and I see no need for one. No one seems to understand that Complete Zygarde has a power that is greater than Xerneas and Yveltal. The Complete form is not even a mega evolution. I am certain that we are only having one Complete Zygarde in Z. Adding more forms makes no sense for all. We might as well have Primal Mega Complete Zygarde with 900 BST if adding forms is so important.

There is no X or Y Complete Zygarde and I see no need for one. No one seems to understand that Complete Zygarde has a power that is greater than Xerneas and Yveltal. The Complete form is not even a mega evolution. I am certain that we are only having one Complete Zygarde in Z. Adding more forms makes no sense for all. We might as well have Primal Mega Complete Zygarde with 900 BST if adding forms is so important.

Why can't Zygarde have 2 complete forms? After all there are 2 hidden moves.

You say you argue from logic, but you don't you just go on past precedent that is all. Anything that hasn't already happened before, you instantly dismiss. Even though Masuda has promised us a surprise. So to assume everything will just be like before, is deeply illogical. No doubt back in Gen 5 you were saying Game Freak would never replace the 3rd version with sequels "cos logic"

I am starting to wonder how many Zygarde forms do people expect.

1 or 2 more? So far Zygarde only has 2 new forms (the cores don't seem to be actual usable Pokemon, they seem more like eggs) I don't think going up to a total of 3 or 4 new forms is that extreme, especially when we know there are 2 hidden moves.

Why can't Zygarde have 2 complete forms? After all there are 2 hidden moves.

You say you argue from logic, but you don't you just go on past precedent that is all. Anything that hasn't already happened before, you instantly dismiss. Even though Masuda has promised us a surprise. So to assume everything will just be like before, is deeply illogical. No doubt back in Gen 5 you were saying Game Freak would never replace the 3rd version with sequels "cos logic"

This isn't like Black and White. The reason why Kyurem got two forms and why we got sequels is because Game Freak couldn't make a third version due to many differences between Black and White. I don't see how people can't be happy about the forms that we have got already. Zygarde shouldn't be getting 5 more forms just because people want it to.

This isn't like Black and White. The reason why Kyurem got two forms and why we got sequels is because Game Freak couldn't make a third version due to many differences between Black and White. I don't see how people can't be happy about the forms that we have got already. Zygarde shouldn't be getting 5 more forms just because people want it to.

Hyperbole won't help your argument, no one is asking for 5 more forms.

If we go to Norse mythology which Zygarde is based on:

10% is based on Fenrir
50% is based on Jormungandr
100% is based on Hel

However Loki is still missing from this and he is the 4th member and of this group. A new Zygarde form could easily be based on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom