• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the zigzag on Complete Zygarde's stomach mouth is comprised of five cores, then.

Not to mention the Official site says

the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.

It doesn't say "The other core" it's plural, other CoreS, as in there is more than one other.

This is not some dodgy translation this is an actual quote from the English official site

See New Zygarde Formes in Animation News from Japan! | Pokemon.com

Mewtwo X and Charizard X actually look much more X shaped. Take charizard for instance the much shorter wingspan, and shorter tail, as well as being more boxy. Same with Mega Mewtwo X

Loki.

In Norse mythology there is a family of 4, Fenrir (wolf), Jörmungandr (snake), Hel (Humanoid) and Loki (Humanoid), with Loki being the most senior, like the Dad, Hel being 2nd (counted as a higher god) and then Jörmungandr and Fenrir being lower consider lower gods

This matches with Fenrir being 10%, Jörmungandr being 50% and Hel being Complete, but where is Loki, don't tell me they read mythology got a family of 4 and then thought, actually we'll just use 3.
Yeah I could see another form based on Loki for the blue core that could be its complete form.

Reactions: !Z!
Well at least I'm contributing and coming up with theories instead of just spending all my time knocking other people's down. Let's here one from you for a change, you realise this is a speculation thread, where the goal is to speculate right? Besides we've not actually seen Punichan reach 50%, in fact in the opening, you only see the top half of the head, whereas the other 2 forms you see in full.

I'm not trying to shoot down your theory, I'm just bringing up some personal arguments on it. Remember that this is a discussion forum, not everyone is going to completely agree with your theories and will critique them on the points they disagree with. I've had it done to me countless times (hell, even recently over at another forum I'm at) and I'm not trying to personally slam you or your theory by giving my own thoughts in return.

As for Squishy, considering Z2's 50% looks the same throughout and has no defining traits of its own, I think we can say that the same will hold true for him.

Same could be said about Xerneas who only looks X shaped when his legs are split apart, when he's standing normally he doesn't look X shaped

Xerneas has Xs in its eyes though, the same can't be said for any of Zygarde's forms.

In my opinion he does, much more square box shaped, but with the sharp short wings/arms and feet sticking out X shaped.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree because it seems neither of us are going to budge on that.

Loki is the Dad but it specifically says that

"The order of Zygarde's 10%, 50%, and Complete Forme mirrors how powerful their counterpart is: Fenrir and Jörmungandr being below gods, and Hel or Loki being on equal-footing with the gods."

That's from the wiki right? I think that's more of a fan interpretation of the forms then the actual idea behind them.

Any suggestions how they do that? They need to determine the Pokemon's data somehow when it's merged.

One idea I had was that Team Flare captures the second core and uses them for their own goals similar to what the anime seems to be doing. Throughout the game, you collect 50% of the cells while Team Flare does the same, and in the climax, both combine into one and you have to catch it. Once you catch it, the stats will be determined upon that, and after you do so, you will be given the option to take out or put in different amount of the cells, forming either 10%, 50% or Complete by your own choice.

Of course, I'm just spitballing an idea and they can easily do something different.

Last edited:
I wonder if they are going to do two mega evolutions for one pokemon again. Charizard and Mewtwo got two mega evolution but maybe it was because they were popular. I wouldn't two mega evolutions for Feraligatr, one pure water and the other water/dragon. As for the cores, it might be possible that there are 5 cores but it is unclear yet. This third version could be different to the traditional third version but we might get sequels which have a different story. I like the post game to be longer than the previous post games.

Loki.

In Norse mythology there is a family of 4, Fenrir (wolf), Jörmungandr (snake), Hel (Humanoid) and Loki (Humanoid), with Loki being the most senior, like the Dad, Hel being 2nd (counted as a higher god) and then Jörmungandr and Fenrir being lower consider lower gods

This matches with Fenrir being 10%, Jörmungandr being 50% and Hel being Complete, but where is Loki, don't tell me they read mythology got a family of 4 and then thought, actually we'll just use 3.
UMM, are you using speculation/theory as proof of Zygarde getting more forms?

Because...please don't do that? The two different moves are so far the only legit evidence that two different form might be possible.

UMM, are you using speculation/theory as proof of Zygarde getting more forms?

Because...please don't do that? The two different moves are so far the only legit evidence that two different form might be possible.

You're telling someone in a speculation thread to not speculate? Zygarde forms are indeed based off of the children of Loki. That would imply that either Zygarde itself or some other Pokémon will get a design based on Loki that can control it like Loki controls his children.

You're telling someone in a speculation thread to not speculate? Zygarde forms are indeed based off of the children of Loki. That would imply that either Zygarde itself or some other Pokémon will get a design based on Loki that can control it like Loki controls his children.
I'm just saying that using an unproven theory to prove your own speculation is ridiculous.

So there we have it. New episode titel's revealed until April and still no TF finale in sight. Debunk the whole "TF arc will end in March" theory. With that and the Red core appearing in the movie short, it's more likely that the arc will last until at least the movie is out in July.

I can actually see how a Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 would work out with using 5 Zygarde Cores. It wouldn't mean that Red Zygarde Core and Blue Zygarde Core wouldn't be the main stars of the two main series games. 'Cause it can still be done with one of the cores being the dominant one. Such as Red Zygarde Core being the dominant one in Pokémon Y2 and Blue Zygarde Core being the dominant one in Pokémon X2. It would just mean that Purple, White and Yellow Zygarde Cores won't become dominant in the games.

You mentioned Piccolo/Kami, and you could also add Piccolo/Nail

Both times when they merged, one entity was still the dominant one (Piccolo) while the other wasn't really present in the consciousness. Same with Majin Buu, split into Good Buu and Evil Buu, then remerged in a different form (Super Buu)

This is my idea. A Complete form for when the Blue core is the dominant consciousness and a complete form for when the Red core is the dominant consciousness. Both forms would be complete and both forms would have the red blue elements etc. The secret hidden move would be different though.

Think about the game mechanics, when Kyurem merged its Ivs Evs level and moveset nature were taken from Zygarde, when the 2 cores merged, which set of Ivs, Evs, level nature moveset etc would they use? THere has to be one dominant over the other.
Now this is exactly what I was thinking earlier, and it matches the mythology too!

I've been saying it from September as well, its not just the two cores. The anime implies it is, but the design of Zygarde Complete with the 5 hexagons in the chest makes it obvious that is not the case. As for how that would work in game, White core could be shared, with the shades of red or blue being split between the two versions. The post league could be reversed, with a core hunt as the quest, much like how you had to search for Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram in B2W2.

Ever since they revealed the blue core, I was under suspicion there would be more, at least 3 (originally tbh), then I was just googling 'Z' as you do, to read articles ect. and I came across this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2LIW_xsF7c
< which is a decent speculation video, also speculating the 5 colours theory. It would make the potential third/sequel instalment interesting to collect the cores as well as the badges during your quest, and maybe this can be a reason for them to also give us a Mega ring a bit later in the game this time, so we're not so OP'd.

Since Z-1 (Squishy) evolves temporarily into Zygarde 10% in the anime, my believe is that it can't achieve the 50%, since we know it's Z-2 that does that. Maybe 3 cores to achieve the potential 75% form? (If there is one to be announced), and all 5 to achieve Complete?

Another thing I thought of, in regards to Gym Leaders in Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 (if it becomes a reality).

It could go like this:
1 - (a Flying-Type Gym in a new City)
2 - Viola (still Bug-Type)
3 - Clemont (still Electric-Type)
4 - Ramos (still Grass-Type)
5 - Gerkin (Fighting-Type, replaces Korrina in Shalour City)
6 - Grant (still Rock-Type)
7 - (a Fire-Type Gym in a new City)
8 - Vallerie (still Fairy-Type, like all the old Gym Leaders from X/Y)

Then we come down to the Elite Four, where I speculate some changes:
Wikstrom is still there, same Steel type
Siebold is still there, same Water type
Drasna is still there, same Dragon type
A new Ground-Type Elite Four, replaces Malva

And finally the Pokémon League Champion, Korrina!

And then you ask, what has happened to Diantha? She's traveling around, as a trainer helping Professor Sycamore and Professor Patrice with their research on Mega Evolution.

Oh yeah, Professor Patrice is a new professor, who gives the player and the player's rival their very first starter Pokémon, when the player and the rival get attacked by wild Pokémon on their way to see Professor Patrice. She is revealed to be the Pokémon Professor before Professor Sycamore came to the Kalos region, while he was still in Johto.

Now that's something I would speculate, if Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 become a reality.

I'm just saying that using an unproven theory to prove your own speculation is ridiculous.

It's called linking two theories together. I've never said one thing proved the other.
Besides the Norse stuff is pretty much confirmed. Even Xerneas and Yveltal fit in to Norse mythology perfectly.

Another thing I thought of, in regards to Gym Leaders in Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 (if it becomes a reality).

It could go like this:
1 - (a Flying-Type Gym in a new City)
2 - Viola (still Bug-Type)
3 - Clemont (still Electric-Type)
4 - Ramos (still Grass-Type)
5 - Gerkin (Fighting-Type, replaces Korrina in Shalour City)
6 - Grant (still Rock-Type)
7 - (a Fire-Type Gym in a new City)
8 - Vallerie (still Fairy-Type, like all the old Gym Leaders from X/Y)

Then we come down to the Elite Four, where I speculate some changes:
Wikstrom is still there, same Steel type
Siebold is still there, same Water type
Drasna is still there, same Dragon type
A new Ground-Type Elite Four, replaces Malva

And finally the Pokémon League Champion, Korrina!

And then you ask, what has happened to Diantha? She's traveling around, as a trainer helping Professor Sycamore and Professor Patrice with their research on Mega Evolution.

Oh yeah, Professor Patrice is a new professor, who gives the player and the player's rival their very first starter Pokémon, when the player and the rival get attacked by wild Pokémon on their way to see Professor Patrice. She is revealed to be the Pokémon Professor before Professor Sycamore came to the Kalos region, while he was still in Johto.

Now that's something I would speculate, if Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2 become a reality.

Wasn't Sycamore studying in Sinnoh under the mentorship of Professor Rowan? I don't remember it being stated anywhere that he ever visited Johto. I could be wrong however. I think one day the Sinnoh remakes will further explain their relationship.

Wasn't Sycamore studying in Sinnoh under the mentorship of Professor Rowan? I don't remember it being stated anywhere that he ever visited Johto. I could be wrong however. I think one day the Sinnoh remakes will further explain their relationship.

He studied under Rowan, but nothing confirmed he studied in Sinnoh. Rowan was in Kanto for years before the Sinnoh games, and Sycamore's already an adult (as opposed to the teenaged aides: May/Brendan, Lucas/Dawn and Bianca). He could've traveled Johto with Rowan.

So there we have it. New episode titel's revealed until April and still no TF finale in sight. Debunk the whole "TF arc will end in March" theory. With that and the Red core appearing in the movie short, it's more likely that the arc will last until at least the movie is out in July.

Someone must be seething right now because of this news and I love it.

The arc will probably end closer to summer's end or fall's beginning :ROFLMAO: They really are milking the nostalgia of PKMN20 & hype of Pokkén until a main fall release, GameFreak's got moxie, I can appreciate that :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom