• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't exactly say I expect anything, though I really do hope they do some of these things. Holding out hope. It's a great idea. But I could see them being very purist as well. It would be better for them to make these updates or additions, and that's what I hope for.
I just hope GF will give me a reason to buy a VC Gen I game. I don't have a reason currently, because I have a GBC and a Pokemon Blue cartridge and I can play it if I want to. Now if they add something new and exclusive here, I would definitely buy one or two (yellow, red or both).

All I would need as incentive to get one is rematches: this is my main hope for the game. Program the existing npc trainers to be rematchable, so I can challenge somebody different from the same five Pokemon League guys after the game has finished.

Wow. Pokespeculation really brings out the below-the-belt shots.

Honestly, about the VC releases, I'd keep your hopes really low. It looks like they're not changing much at all.

Argh, Feb can't come soon enough.

I was just saying what I want in the VC releases to buy one of them. Just something nice to do after beating the game.

Here is what I think will be added:

- glitch fixing
- type chart and moveset fixing

I'd say the glitches have to go, for the sake of quality assurance and decency.

But other than that, I really don't think there's any need to take it further than the original experience. That's more or less what you sign up for with Virtual Console, as opposed to something like a remake.

Are we counting the Ghost/Psychic match up, and the focus energy/crit hit ratio debacles as glitches?

I really hope they are fixed. And if the PokeGods are smiling on us, maybe speed up the movement ie running shoes a bit or something please. Got far too used to gliding everywhere on my skates around Kalos

My biggest curiosity is how are they going to handle the Surfing Pikachu mini game in yellow?

Although I agree the VC-games will solve the bug-problems, I do hope they put a subtle reference to Missingno in it.

What do you think of this?
dWgk8aJ.jpg

In the game with lots of other Gen 1 references, only doorway in the whole game to do this or make any sort of mark or shadow, with the perfect proportion of Missingno, simple glitch coincidence, or nice little Easter Egg like the Eternal Flower in ORAS?

I have Kanto in HGSS, so I don't need to get RBY on virtual console and I already got two 3DS systems. I like to Johto starters gain mega evolution in Z with Feraligatr becoming Water/Dragon with Tough Claws or Strong Jaws. Reason: Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon and Charizard X is Fire Dragon so a Water/Dragon would complete the trio but this is just one of my wishes. Not expecting it to come true. Kalos Starters could have mega evolution now that everyone is use to gen 6 pokemon.

@!Z! You were just accusing me of just shooting down your theories.

So tell me, how is you blatantly insulting and strawmanning another user's theory any better then your accusation?

I'll tell you exactly how. It's the way you go about it, this is a speculation thread for Gen 6 The Future. I understand that to be, that we are meant to talk about Gen 6's future. Not constantly deride others talking about Gen 6's future. Saying "no it will be Gen 7, no it will be Gen 7. "

Some people are quite content to just rubbish other peoples ideas without contributing anything of there own, that's what I have the problem with. What I said to you the other day. I don't mind people pointing out the holes, like that's part of the fun, but when it's all I see them do, it just comes across as a bit negative. Let me be clear, I'm not directing this solely at you, but I'd love to hear your theories on what you think the future of Gen 6 holds, rather than just why anything I suggest is wrong. That's all I was asking. A balance between the two. :)

We do need discussion we do need dissenting voices, and that's what I try to create with my theories, I make a positive case for each. I tend not to rubbish others, but I do ask them to elaborate on certain points.

Until now you couldn't discuss Gen 6's future as the thread suggests without the same 2 or 3 people, saying "no it will be Gen 7, no you are wrong". It gets very repetitive. Today is the first day since I joint we've not had it. Personally, I do feel cause for celebration because of that. The Gen 7 debate just descended into farce as those in favour of skipping to Gen 7 just made increasingly desperate claims.

In my post you're criticising, the only thing I exaggerated was the very last line about the twenty seventh confirming seventh gen, that was the only thing I made up. The rest of it, is pretty much what we've had to endure, and unlike my theories, this theory while still riddled with holes, wasn't dropped after a day or two, it went on and on and on.

As @BlackButterfree alluded to. Hopefully this will end the Gen 7 debate and we can get back to the topic at hand, discussing Gen 6's future. But sadly from what I've seen, I don't think they will stop the Gen 6 bashing, no matter how solid the proof is. Everything just gets dismissed as not relevant and we've not seen their reaction this news yet. I think their silence means they're probably trying to figure out how we could still skip to Gen 7 this year, despite all the evidence.

Yes, let's gloat and talk about people behind their backs. Super mature!

*sigh*

If people are being this obnoxious now, I can't imagine what it'll be like if they actually turn out to be right.

I actually went to profile page of the user in question, just to say, hey no hard feelings hope we can put this behind us and look forward to the next Gen 6 game together etc. I was ready to extend the olive branch.

But then when you go to the page, you see far worse, if you think what we said was obnoxious and gloating then what do you consider
boasting about how this user was going to enjoy watching his opponents eat their hats, calling them arrogant, accusing of us of operating under a hive mind unable to think for ourselves etc? That was gloating and talking about people behind their backs, not what we said!

If he was right, he was obviously going to boast, so don't pretend he is the victim here. But I stand by my offer of extending the olive branch. I hope to see more people contributing to the Gen 6 future thread, talking about Gen 6's future. I really hope we don't see a return to the divisive "Gen 7 skip, gen 7 skip" I don't think I'd be capable of giving a big enough sigh to express my discontent.

Gen 6 was easily my least favorite generation when it came out, but it has slowly climbed the ranks and proven me wrong. The fact that it will continue is only helping it IMO, all these surprises really add to the experience of the generation. Anyone can look back on a generation and say what happened was this or that, but we are living through it right now and I think its the most unique so far. This speculation thread, whether it be on the cusp of the next trend or in a shade war makes it all better:D

Can someone explain the possible 5 core theory again? I'm a bit lost on it, but I wanna get the scoop on it;)

Gen 6 was easily my least favorite generation when it came out, but it has slowly climbed the ranks and proven me wrong. The fact that it will continue is only helping it IMO, all these surprises really add to the experience of the generation. Anyone can look back on a generation and say what happened was this or that, but we are living through it right now and I think its the most unique so far. This speculation thread, whether it be on the cusp of the next trend or in a shade war makes it all better:D

Can someone explain the possible 5 core theory again? I'm a bit lost on it, but I wanna get the scoop on it;)

Basically on the official Pokemon website See New Zygarde Formes in Animation News from Japan! | Pokemon.com

It mentions "the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other CoreS via telepathy" if there were only two, it should say "the other core" not plural "other corese" this suggests at least 3 cores.

Then in this image below, taken from the opening where Zygarde's chest is open, what looks like to be a purple core, a yellow/orange core, and potentially a white core in the middle. Initially when the chest us closed it looked like different shades of red and blue, but up close like this you can see it's very clearly purple and yellow.

2qbhxzq.png

Basically on the official Pokemon website See New Zygarde Formes in Animation News from Japan! | Pokemon.com

It mentions "the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other CoreS via telepathy" if there were only two, it should say "the other core" not plural "other corese" this suggests at least 3 cores.

Then in this image below, taken from the opening where Zygarde's chest is open, what looks like to be a purple core, a yellow/orange core, and potentially a white core in the middle. Initially when the chest us closed it looked like different shades of red and blue, but up close like this you can see it's very clearly purple and yellow.

2qbhxzq.png
Holy crap that's either a terrible translation error or a massive hint! The pic really does kinda help the argument, I wonder if we will learn about the other cores in the upcoming episodes thus, making the plot line much longer than anticipated due to more than two....Good sleuthing!:cool:

Reactions: !Z!
At this point I don't give a flying fat rats ass what the next game is (or what generation it'll fall into). I'm just really exhausted with all of the damn waiting that I have been enduring since the Zygarde forms had been revealed. Had they not revealed the Zygarde forms I would be calmly waiting but when you put something out months ahead of time with no clear mention of a game it makes people impatient.

I just want some conformation on the damn game. Please Game Freak, Nintendo, whoever, you can't bait people for so long like this and not expect us to go bat shit crazy.

At this point I don't give a flying fat rats ass what the next game is (or what generation it'll fall into). I'm just really exhausted with all of the damn waiting that I have been enduring since the Zygarde forms had been revealed. Had they not revealed the Zygarde forms I would be calmly waiting but when you put something out months ahead of time with no clear mention of a game it makes people impatient.

I just want some conformation on the damn game. Please Game Freak, Nintendo, whoever, you can't bait people for so long like this and not expect us to go bat shit crazy.
you guys do not stop to think that for now, comparing the quality of the graphics, and the mechanics that are becoming more detailed and complex, it becomes more difficult to develop main games, so we will not have annual realeses like before?

Obviously it could be made a lame game, but if we want a quality, the wait and patiente will be needed. At this point, I doubt that the delay to announce anything is just "marketing".

Umm... ok... so I've been watching this thread for the past few weeks, and I honestly don't know where to start.

All the news is exciting and everything, but I'm pissed off at the same time. Not at the lack of game news, but at what this thread has and continues to dissolve into with not enough being done about it. I know that I've been pretty bitchy before and probably don't deserve to have a say in this, but what I've been seeing the past couple pages have been disturbing me... and when something is disturbing me, I'm not going to keep my mouth shut. But I'm not going to bother reporting or PM'ing like what's preferred here, for one reason that I'll be addressing in the next paragraph. Write me up, I don't care, I just hope that this stops permanently.

Like seriously, this bullcrap has been going on for MONTHS. If I didn't know any better, this has escalated into cyber-bullying. Why hasn't this thread been closed? In-thread warning after warning after warning after WARNING, and the same people still keep doing the same shit. Why? I'll tell you why; the moderators here are useless and are feeding off of this circus like a bunch of damn leeches. I know what I'm talking about, I quit my previous job for the reason of corrupt management. Cyber-bullying is a serious offense, and if I have to, I will not hesitate to go above Archaic and report it to the proper authorities.

And please don't place the blame of your behavior on the lack of game announcements, that excuse is a bunch of horse shit. YOU are the only ones responsible for YOUR actions, words, and emotions. Game Freak and TPC are not to blame for those things, YOU are.

It's hardly awesome when it's utterly derailed this thread and it's more of a case of members trying to prove that their opinions are more important/substantial than others and members complaining about each other/s behaviour and trying to bar certain topic discussioms than it is of the actual discussion.

Surely there's better places than a Pokemon forum to seek online flame wars.

Also, can someone send AgentRosa flowers pls, they've nailed it on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom