• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I'm not going to bother reporting or PM'ing like what's preferred here, for one reason that I'll be addressing in the next paragraph. Write me up, I don't care, I just hope that this stops permanently
But doesn't that mean what you're calling a problem you are also a part of? By not reporting anything, that's just being a bystander and allowing it to continue...if it really mattered that much to you to voice an opinion on it, why not take action? I'm not hating on your soliloquy, I'm just rather confused on your stance since the actions you say you're taking contradict it.

But doesn't that mean what you're calling a problem you are also a part of? By not reporting anything, that's just being a bystander and allowing it to continue...if it really mattered that much to you to voice an opinion on it, why not take action? I'm not hating on your soliloquy, I'm just rather confused on your stance since the actions you say you're taking contradict it.

Not to mention, this isn't half as bad as it could be. No one's even been dragged yet. So far this is just shade after shade after shade, it's not the slightest bit out of control.

It's hardly awesome when it's utterly derailed this thread.

Then stop dwelling on it and let's all agree to move on :)

What do you think of the 5 core theory posted above? Are there any holes you can see? Do you have any alternative theories? What do you think is the future of Gen 6, a set of sequels, a single 3rd instalment, a prequel, what are your thoughts? :)

I think either sequels or a single version will still function the same was as B2W2, a sequel story different from the original. I'll put more money down on two versions though for sake of cashflow opportunities.

If the five core theory is true, I think it could be, it would be a healthy side plot of hunting down the cores during the gym battles up to champion, with the penultimate battle of the story after the champion. I never liked the forced catching of legendary before the Elite 4, I boxed my Yveltal as soon as I could because I wanted my own team. Then afterwards, a nice serving of post game to show growth from XY in both content and region...

I think either sequels or a single version will still function the same was as B2W2, a sequel story different from the original. I'll put more money down on two versions though for sake of cashflow opportunities.

If the five core theory is true, I think it could be, it would be a healthy side plot of hunting down the cores during the gym battles up to champion, with the penultimate battle of the story after the champion. I never liked the forced catching of legendary before the Elite 4, I boxed my Yveltal as soon as I could because I wanted my own team. Then afterwards, a nice serving of post game to show growth from XY in both content and region...
I agree. I would like a sidequest like that or things to do so you dont just go right to the next gym. It would be unique.

I wouldnt be surprised if you had to catch the cores to advance though :/

This is pretty much everything I hope for too. I wouldn't mind a 3rd instalment/Z but my heart lies with sequels. And yeah I hate being told to send one of my Pokemon I;m so close with back to the box to make room for Reshiram, Xerneas or Rayquza.

I'm hoping that the RBY downloadables fix the ghost being ineffective against psychic thing, because that was such a massive, unbelievable oversight. These games were 6 years in development. 6 friggin years, and no-one noticed? Did these games not have testers before they were released to the public? I can forgive the various glitches in the games because this was the GB era and nothing was perfect, but the ghost/psychic mistake is very poor, and the fact that it wasn't fixed in Yellow makes it worse.

Other than that, I kind of hope they leave everything else alone, Missingno and all. Part of what makes Gen 1 fun is how raw around the edges they were; I think if you change that you change their essential makeup, and what made them go down in history. Also, glitches no longer have the power to screw up your cartridge as there isn't a cart to screw up - so yeah, I say leave 'em in and let us have fun with 'em like we used to when we were kids! I never exploited the slash crit hit thing and kind of want to... ;)

I just hope whatever the game is, it has a well thought-out plot and decent character growth as opposed to Diantha's "We met twice, and now I'm the Champion!"

I miss Cynthia. Cynthia had PRESENCE, man. Also, she was cute and relatable, doing errands for her grandma...not just wandering past all 'Hi, I'm a famous actress!'

I just hope whatever the game is, it has a well thought-out plot and decent character growth as opposed to Diantha's "We met twice, and now I'm the Champion!"
This definitely. The B&W games showed how Gamefreak has the potential to flesh out characters like the gym leaders and champion. I hope that they play more of a role in the game other than the figure heads that they act as.

I hope that the rivals are a lot more focused as well. The awkward romance/friendship with Shauna was just weird and felt forced. Tierno and ginger afro-child were also very boring and scattered. Make one, fleshed out rival that is facing you in filling out the poked and building a team that is tough to fight, even Serena wasn't that great of a battler. I can't stress enough of how I would ike the rival to be hard enough to lose sometimes, and the game would let you lose and be okay with it. Losing makes you better: it would force the player to learn more meta game tactics and prep them for the gold standard VGC that game freak is pushing for more players to learn, it would force the player to maybe go out and catch a different Pokemon, thus, filling their Pokedex more.

I miss Cynthia. Cynthia had PRESENCE, man. Also, she was cute and relatable, doing errands for her grandma...not just wandering past all 'Hi, I'm a famous actress!'

I think Diantha is the worst Champion ever. What a fucking lack of attitude. Compare her to Cynthia, compare here to Steven Stone, compare here to Blue. Even Iris is a better Champion (ok, not the best, but being a Dragon user makes it up for me xD :p).

I would like a game that has quests during the main story as well as after the league. Post game content is all good and well, but if the game itself was jam packed with goodies and little side stories to make the region feel like ti was actually populated then I would care as much if there wasn't as much after u beat the main story. The current games have some side quests like when u go get the flute in order to get rid of the Snorlax in XY, but I feel like there need to more story elements to the side quests rather than "go get this things so we can get rid of this other thing". lets say they integrated the Looker missions into the main story and when u got to a certain part of the game where u had to pass through Lumiose city THEN u got the piece of the Looker story. I liked the Looker missions a lot, but I didn't like how u could basically do them all almost in a single day with no context as to time lapsing. I want stuff like that in the game's main stories. Then it feels like I really went on an adventure rather than the region basically being an amusement park that I walked through in a day. I think having little stories in between the gyms would also make getting to them feel less like a chore. I have to go through this cave to get to the next gym and there's no real pay off other than I get to the next town? How about something interesting happens in that cave that makes it more worth while. It doesn't have to b about the evil team(I'd actually prefer it most of the side stories didn't) (some could, but not all). It could b as simple as having to go on an exploration of the cave for a scientist and then having to save someone u find down there. Whatever the sides stories r it's still better than having to walk a few steps and then BAM ur in the next town! Also I'd like the side quests to be of varying lengths. Of they can't b too long, but if some were short and some were a little longer then it would make the game feel like it was a journey well taken.

I think having 5 cores is a stretch. I'd say it's a possibility, but that raises the question, why weren't they revealed alongside Complete Zygarde. Another 3 cores isn't exactly worth hiding for months...unless of course there's something else hidden along with them.

Zygarde has two cores, who have two colours, which represent two other members of Zygarde's trio, and also Zygarde has two unreleased moves. Logic points to there only being two, but I don't think that's fully indicative of there only being 2.

Also, Diantha <3 I love her as champ.

Last edited:
The 5 cores theory has been around since september, and I liked it at the beggining, but it got quickly dismissed by the anime. I know the anime isn't the most reliable source for game mechanics, but I doubt they would lie with something like "One core reigns over 50% of the cells and the other four over the other 50%".

So far the anime has shown Z-2 has en equal to Z-1, despite the fact Z-1 hasn't shown the ability to transform into Zygarde 50%. And both have conflicting ideals, which is something that will take importance in the climax.

It could work if the cores don't rule over a certain number of cells, but rather the cells can be used by any core. But it wouldn't really add much to the big picture, and it would make things really complicated. I think there are only two cores, Complete's chest is just a reference to the French flag and to how deep is the connection between the cores, and the line on Core's description is a mistranslation.

The idea of more Zygarde formes has grown on me, and it has some notable evidence. Maybe it doesn't make sense to go "beyond complete", but Kyurem's formes are incomplete and we've lived with it, so something similar could happen this time.

Personally, I find myself being nostalgic for the raw, pure feel and simplicity of the first two generations. The region feel, the pure adventure smell of those earlier games.

I hope Sugimori's words of "returning to simplicity" was not only about the Pokemon designs, but also the plot. I miss those adventure- centric plots, where you didn't have to save the world. I want to concentrate on becoming the Champion, making friends, and perfecting my trainer skills...
I think Game Freak are aware that the "saving the world" formula has been overused now. Besides, it closed a circle: from RSE to ORAS. ORAS really perfected the formula, and made us save the world TWICE! I am very satisfied with it. Now go back to the journey- centric plot!

Last edited:

Cynthia is Mrs. BAMF and I love it. Diantha is such a basic bitch in comparison. When it comes to the girl Champions, Cynthia is the best, with Iris coming in second place. Thankfully, other canons can also help towards a character's image. And while Anime Iris has done Game Iris no favors, Manga Diantha is certainly making up for Game Diantha.

This definitely. The B&W games showed how Gamefreak has the potential to flesh out characters like the gym leaders and champion. I hope that they play more of a role in the game other than the figure heads that they act as.

I hope that the rivals are a lot more focused as well. The awkward romance/friendship with Shauna was just weird and felt forced. Tierno and ginger afro-child were also very boring and scattered. Make one, fleshed out rival that is facing you in filling out the poked and building a team that is tough to fight, even Serena wasn't that great of a battler. I can't stress enough of how I would ike the rival to be hard enough to lose sometimes, and the game would let you lose and be okay with it. Losing makes you better: it would force the player to learn more meta game tactics and prep them for the gold standard VGC that game freak is pushing for more players to learn, it would force the player to maybe go out and catch a different Pokemon, thus, filling their Pokedex more.

Ew, no. I don't want to have to become an expert at VGC to beat one opponent. I want them to have super-effective moves, tons of HP-healing items and super strong Pokémon that I can defeat with careful timing of Full Restores, Revives and good old fashioned patience.

And they don't need to do less rivals. I rather thought that the group of five idea was quite adorable. They just needed more... focus. It's like they created them and said "let's pepper them all over the region with no true purpose". Tierno was a dancer, they made that integral to his character... Yet no dance studio in the France-based region, and no dancing-related mechanics. Trevor set out to complete the Pokédex, you would assume he'd become Sycamore's assistant once the player completes the National Dex, right? To analyze all the data you've compiled? Nope. And Shauna just wanted to travel so I can't fault her for being a little... Flat.

But I agree Serena/Calem needed to step up their game. And all four needed fully-evolved teams of six and to be challenging.

Personally, I find myself being nostalgic for the raw, pure feel and simplicity of the first two generations. The region feel, the pure adventure smell of those earlier games.

I hope Sugimori's words of "returning to simplicity" was not only about the Pokemon designs, but also the plot. I miss those adventure- centric plot, where you didn't have to save the world.

This. So much.

I'm kindof hoping we see what Sugimori meant by simplicity next gen. Which is one reason why I'd like to see it happen sooner than later, but oh well.

I actually really liked Anime Iris, and I think that's why I liked fighting her as the Champion in BW2. Maybe you're right and she's not that developed in the games, I've never really thought of it before, I guess in my head i was conflating the two. Like despite the gender, I really imagined that Champion Iris Haxorus was that cute little Axew I'd been in love with for the past 2 years etc. evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom