• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This. So much.

I'm kindof hoping we see what Sugimori meant by simplicity next gen. Which is one reason why I'd like to see it happen sooner than later, but oh well.
Thanks!

Well, on the one hand, I want an other content packed game, before the next pair of bare bones generation debut games. So it makes me want a third version before going to gen VII.

But on the other hand, I am bored of Kalos and it's fashion theme and superficial feel. I want gen VII to remind me as much as possible to my Johto Journey (my first journey).

I want the designs to be more simple and interesting, and I would really enjoy if they go back to the roots.

But on the other hand, I am bored of Kalos and it's fashion theme and superficial feel...

I want the designs to be more simple and interesting, and I would really enjoy if they go back to the roots.
I think that superficial feel is the result of a generation based on beauty XD No need to worry though, I'm sure the theme of next gen will be different, I too am pining for that simplicity that Sugimori was talking about...

I think we are slowly getting back to it with pokemon designs. Gen 4 was a peak of complexity that was getting a tad out of hand, but we've been getting back to the more "classic" feel that was gens 1 & 2.

I always saw this floating around and would love more simple designs like this gen 1 garchomp:
1X9TjJQ.png

Gen 4 charizard has me in stitches, I actually believe this would have happened if it was introduced that generation XD

I think Game Freak are aware that the "saving the world" formula has been overused now.

I certainly hope so. By now, my character has halted a genocide and stopped no fewer than three apocalypses. All before turning old enough to get a license. It's ridiculous.

but we've been getting back to the more "classic" feel that was gens 1 & 2.
Tell that to kyurem's "fusion forms and zygarde's "cell" formes.
Endolise said:
I certainly hope so. By now, my character has halted a genocide and stopped no fewer than two apocalypses. All before turning old enough to get a license. It'sridiculous.
A lot of video game series(mario, zelda, sonic ect...) rehashes storylines, it's no big deal tbh.

I think that superficial feel is the result of a generation based on beauty XD No need to worry though, I'm sure the theme of next gen will be different, I too am pining for that simplicity that Sugimori was talking about...

I think we are slowly getting back to it with pokemon designs. Gen 4 was a peak of complexity that was getting a tad out of hand, but we've been getting back to the more "classic" feel that was gens 1 & 2.

I always saw this floating around and would love more simple designs like this gen 1 garchomp:
1X9TjJQ.png

Gen 4 charizard has me in stitches, I actually believe this would have happened if it was introduced that generation XD

I actually prefer the Gen. 4 Charizard. After all, Gen. 4 is my favorite, after all. Gen. 1 Garchomp looks way too simplistic and dull.

1X9TjJQ.png

I think gen V and six didn't simplify designs though. I wan gen I, II, III style of designs. That's my ideal. Gen III has the biggest amount of my favourite Pokemon, and Gen I has loads too. While gen II has loads of great filler Pokemon that are a pleasure to encounter throughout the game.

About Kalos, the thing is, it's theme is supposed to be beauty and bonds. But when I play the game, it feels more fashion than beauty... It doesn't represent what it intends, imo.
I certainly hope so. By now, my character has halted a genocide and stopped no fewer than three apocalypses. All before turning old enough to get a license. It's ridiculous.
LOL it's true. I want a plot where there is no world threatening menace to distract us from our goal of becomimg the best trainer.

Last edited:
I miss the shaking areas from Unova. There was nothing more exciting than encountering a wild Metagross or Kingdra. I like to see that again but it is likely to stay in Unova. I hope the inverse battles in Z would have stronger pokemon than ORAS inverse battles. The inverse battle in XY were stronger than ORAS.

Inverse battles are so much fun, I would be here for a battle facility based on them!

I hope the inverse battles in Z would have stronger pokemon than ORAS inverse battles. The inverse battle in XY were stronger than ORAS.

Those owned by Inver, yes, you are right. But in ORAS you can also fill up your game with inverse battle Secret Bases, with level 100 Pokemon in them, if you choose inverse battle rules. So, if you want, ORAS can have way stronger inverse battles than XY.

But I'm not a big fan of Inverse Battles as a whole, really.

Last edited:
A lot of video game series(mario, zelda, sonic ect...) rehashes storylines, it's no big deal tbh.
i don't think it's really a big deal so much as the storyline getting boring. i personally have always loved Team Rocket and it's partially because their storylines have always felt so 'tangible.' i felt like they were doing real. every other team following Rocket has just seemed so superficial and completely unrealistic.

Tell that to kyurem's "fusion forms and zygarde's "cell" formes.

I actually think there is a certain simplicity in Kyurem's forms - yes, they're very involved and complex designs, but that's largely down to the newer hardware making that possible in the first place. Pokémon fusions had already existed on the fringes of the franchise ever since Gen I with Slowbro, Magneton, Weezing, and so on, and Black/White Kyurem merely gave the idea a formal introduction. Reshiram and Zekrom are already elegant in their simplicity (at least on the surface - beneath that, they're actually quite thoughtful designs), being all-white or black dragons with broad features - furry and graceful, or tough and muscular. And then Kyurem just adds some of those traits onto itself when it fuses with them. I definitely think that it should remain exclusive to Kyurem, though.

Yes, but why do they have to rehash the absurd ones? The Unova games at least kept the scope of the plot within the region. Team Plasma didn't imperil the entire world; instead they provoked a discussion about the in-game world's society. And Team Rocket was a natural outcropping of that society as well. Teams Aqua/Magma weren't *too* bad because the resultant apocalypses were unintentional; their initial goals were at least on a sensible scale, but it still walked a fine line. But Cyrus tried to control two demigods in order to destroy the universe and the very concept of souls, and Lysandre unearthed a mythic superweapon from thousands of years ago in order to murder everybody. It's just too big, in my opinion.

godiego said:
everyother team following Rocket has just seemed so superficial andcompletely unrealistic.
Please don't try to make pokemon realism to pokemon(or any video game for that matter) it's just boring.
Endolise said:
It's just too big, in my opinion.
I personally don't think it's a bad thing. I'd rather have a villain team like team galactic with big goals and well developped that actually looks threatening any day over something like team rocket. Team rocket's "goals"(stealing a fossil from mt. moon, stealing cubone skulls ect....) are literally just random scrapped events with no connection to each other whatsoever. They're just your generic "mafia" gangs you see in real life, and honestly? It's boring and uninteristing. Heck, even as a kid, team rocket always left me wandering what the hell they wanted to do in the first place. At least team galactic/flare had some "theme" to them.

Please don't try to make pokemon realism to pokemon(or any video game for that matter) it's just boring.

They're just your generic "mafia" gangs you see in real life, and honestly? It's boring and uninteristing.

Different strokes and all that, I know, but these are RPG games. The ability to become immersed in them has a lot of appeal, and having a more realistic tone can add to that. Besides, as I touched on with Team Plasma, the villains don't have to be a generic mafia (even though I'm fine with that). They can have a relevant/interesting ideology. I'm just tired of it being one that results in the near-destruction of all life, thereby making me the savior of the entire world.

Different strokes and all that, I know, but these are RPG games. The ability to become immersed in them has a lot of appeal, and having a more realistic tone can add to that.
To you. Me? I was never impressed with team rocket even as a kid. I still remember thinking "why did they wanted to steal fossil if they're attacking silph. co?". At least with team galactic, i actually understood every one of their plans.

I found Team Aqua and Team Magma to be a very fresh idea, both in RSE and especially in ORAS.

Team Galactic were very dark and serious for my taste. They create an atmosphere unsuitable for what a Pokemon game should be imo.

Then Plasma were intetesting. They are smart.

Team Flare are just... full of doubts. There is this disconnection between Lysandre and his grunts. Could be fixed. Very well thought, but again, very serious for what a Pokemon game should be for my taste.

Not that I particularly like Team Rocket, but I like that they are less "world wide menace", more bad than evil. They steal this and that for money, not to take over the world.

Say what you want about Rocket and Flare, I personally think they're the dumbest teams, but at least they all knew what their team wanted (money for Rocket, full on genocide for Flare). Aqua and Magma didn't seem to quite understand the implications of what they were going to do, not even Archie and Maxie knew. Cyrus flat out lied to Team Galactic, telling them they were going to... I don't even remember? Create a new energy source from the energy that Pokémon give off during evolution? Or was that Prof. Rowan? And then we all know what happened with Plasma 1.0 and N... Though I don't know if Plasma 2.0 knew about Colress and Ghetsis' intentions.

I am fine with Team Flare but found the plot very dark indeed. Team Rocket was boring with no legendary pokemon involved. The legendary pokemon in RBY and LGFR basically did nothing but wait for you. Perhaps in Z, Team Flare would have more development and improved from XY.

Say what you want about Rocket and Flare, I personally think they're the dumbest teams, but at least they all knew what their team wanted (money for Rocket, full on genocide for Flare). Aqua and Magma didn't seem to quite understand the implications of what they were going to do, not even Archie and Maxie knew. Cyrus flat out lied to Team Galactic, telling them they were going to... I don't even remember? Create a new energy source from the energy that Pokémon give off during evolution? Or was that Prof. Rowan? And then we all know what happened with Plasma 1.0 and N... Though I don't know if Plasma 2.0 knew about Colress and Ghetsis' intentions.
Personally I like the idea behind Galactic - the whole team was ruthlessly deceived by Cyrus, I love it. It can be contrasted to Flare whose leader actually promised his grunts a place in his new world.

As for Plasma, I think the second faction (aka Neo Team Galactic) knew his exact plans. There was no need for Ghetsis to pretend anymore since he wasn't there to deceive anyone so he could go full-on villain.

So the VC releases are unique in the fact that they're the first of their kind meaning no save points, restore points, and upgraded with trading capabilities. Serebii updated with this information. They probably don't want people manipulating pokemon and other parts of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom