• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 8 years between Red and Green, and FRLG; 10 between Gold & Silver, and HGSS; and 12 between Ruby & Sapphire and ORAS. If Gamefreak *do* decide to remake Sinnoh, do you think the release model will follow this sequential pattern
no. GameFreak has said that HGSS and ORAS were made because of fan demand and thus any correlation between the originals and their remakes is pure happenstance.

no. GameFreak has said that HGSS and ORAS were made because of fan demand and thus any correlation between the originals and their remakes is pure happenstance.

Wouldn't it make sense for HG/SS to be made for the same reason as FR/LG?

Wouldn't it make sense for HG/SS to be made for the same reason as FR/LG?
not really? i suppose i don't understand the question because FRLG was made because of the failed attempt to reboot the series with RSE. fans didn't like that a chunk of Kanto and Johto Pokemon were simply unobtainable due to the lack of compatibility between the GameBoy (Color) and GameBoy Advanced. this isn't the case with HGSS or any future generation because they all have a way of transferring Pokemon from previous regions.

not really? i suppose i don't understand the question because FRLG was made because of the failed attempt to reboot the series with RSE. fans didn't like that a chunk of Kanto and Johto Pokemon were simply unobtainable due to the lack of compatibility between the GameBoy (Color) and GameBoy Advanced. this isn't the case with HGSS or any future generation because they all have a way of transferring Pokemon from previous regions.

GSC couldn't transfer Pokémon to RSE. Even between RSE and FRLG, there were still a ton of Johto Pokémon missing, thus HG/SS was in fact necessary much like FRLG was. And obviously they knew they were going to remake FRLG because of the technical difficulties or it wouldn't have taken just one year for them to come out, so that one wasn't because of RSE's negative reception.

GSC couldn't transfer Pokémon to RSE. Even between RSE and FRLG, there were still a ton of Johto Pokémon missing, thus HG/SS was in fact necessary much like FRLG was. And obviously they knew they were going to remake FRLG because of the technical difficulties or it wouldn't have taken just one year for them to come out, so that one wasn't because of RSE's negative reception.
i already acknowledged that GSC could not trade with RSE (see: lack of a compatibility between GameBoy (Color) and GameBoy Advanced). you can complete the Pokedex in Gen III. end of story. excluding Jirachi, Celebi, Deoxys, and Mew-- which the games do automatically anyways-- owning every game in Gen III makes it 100% possible to complete the Pokedex. without the GameCube games you're only missing out on Ho-Oh and Lugia.

on the time bit: irrelevant. once you've gotten a grip on the graphics engine, making a new Pokemon game, especially one that has already been practically made, is relatively easy. regardless, even if they had planned ahead for it, that doesn't mean it wasn't for compatibility/tech reason (re: Nintendo/GameFreak didn't want to make a GameBoy Color-GameBoy Advanced connection.)

Last edited:
BINGO. Immersion my ass - those cafes enraged me. Between seeking out every single one, and speaking to every single NPC within, they're 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Pokemon is an RPG, not a build-a-world sim - I want the environments to actually have a point. The cafe in Animal Crossing actually has more point than Lumiose's cafes - at least there were daily events in there and you could work towards getting an item!

The smallest thing could have given those cafes purpose. A trainer in each one, offering a trade. A daily battle. Someone to give you an item at a certain time of day. Instead we got...nothing. I'd rather have a closed-off piece of scenery than that, at least then I know there's nothing for me there and can move on elsewhere.
Actually, Cafe Ultimo was the spot where you got the Training Ribbon if you beat every level of Super Training so that place did have a function. But other than that, none of the other cafes--save Lysandre's--had much of an actual function. They were just pretty set dressings and that's about it.

As for Parfum Palace: I could see it actually getting some sideplot in a third Kalos iteration. Parfum Palace had those statues that featured Gen V Pokemon and we were told that Kalos and Unova had a relationship; maybe we could get some more details on that in another Kalos romp? (Even better: have a few Mega Stones for Unova Pokemon hidden on the grounds, like a Stone for Bisharp laying at the foot of the General Bisharp statue, or a stone for Golurk located on the bridge, etc. It's a thought.)

If the Sinnoh remakes are done on the next system, the graphics will be amazing. Imagine a large Dialga using Roar of Time in a cutscene. That's also what I want to see more of, cutscenes. If they have cutscenes like Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates, it would be awesome. The only cutscene I remember in ORAS was when you jumped on Groudon in Origin Cave (that was OR only, but I don't have AS so I don't know what happened there.)

Actually, Cafe Ultimo was the spot where you got the Training Ribbon if you beat every level of Super Training so that place did have a function. But other than that, none of the other cafes--save Lysandre's--had much of an actual function. They were just pretty set dressings and that's about it.

As for Parfum Palace: I could see it actually getting some sideplot in a third Kalos iteration. Parfum Palace had those statues that featured Gen V Pokemon and we were told that Kalos and Unova had a relationship; maybe we could get some more details on that in another Kalos romp? (Even better: have a few Mega Stones for Unova Pokemon hidden on the grounds, like a Stone for Bisharp laying at the foot of the General Bisharp statue, or a stone for Golurk located on the bridge, etc. It's a thought.)
I love this idea so much, I'm ready for some mega Unovan Pokémon! Mega Emolga, Druddigon, Carracosta, & Braviary please:D
I would even add in some spots of tall grass that are home to some of the unobtainable Unova lines from XY: Cottonee, Darumaka, & Boufallant

You know what would really surprise fans? Unova remakes next. Too soon for a remake of Gen V? Make it a revisit. Even more surprising.

Masuda said they always want to surprise fans. And everybody is expecting Kalos next, so...
If they did that I might explode of pure joy, that region & generation are my everything:cry:
#SurpriseMeMasuda

If they did that I might explode of pure joy, that region & generation are my everything:cry:
#SurpriseMeMasuda
Masuda isn't going to bring Unova back before Shinnoh though. The Gen IV fans would be pissed off, and rightfully so.

I would love if he did it though. I really wanna see an expanded Castelia City in 3D...

Last edited:
Masuda isn't going to bring Unova back before Shinnoh though. The Gen IV fans would be pissed off, and rightfully so.

I would love if he did it though. I really wanna see an expanded Castelia City in 3D...
It would be wrong to skip get 4, and I'm okay with waiting, by the time a gen 5 anything comes out we will probably have graphics that close that of the Castelia rendered in 3D from the game trailers
castelia_city_3d.png

The future is bright :D

As for Sinnoh, make the snow glisten and I'll be happy:ROFLMAO:

It would be wrong to skip get 4, and I'm okay with waiting, by the time a gen 5 anything comes out we will probably have graphics that close that of the Castelia rendered in 3D from the game trailers
castelia_city_3d.png

The future is bright :D

As for Sinnoh, make the snow glisten and I'll be happy:ROFLMAO:

This image of Castelia has just made me want the idea of @BlackButterfree even more: a game with the most memorable places from each region.
I mean, this way I can have my 3D Castelia City sooner and Masuda can brag about how he always surprises fans! It's a win- win!

Last edited:
This image of Castelia has just made me want the idea of @BlackButterfree even more: a game with the most memorable places from each region.
I mean, this way I can have my 3D Castelia City sooner and Masuda can brag about how he always surprises fans! It's a win- win!

Actually, in my idea, the patchwork region is constructed with the original counterparts of the locations brought.

So for example, Kanto areas would be in R/G/Y/B graphics unless they were new areas introduced in FR/LG, in which case they'd be done in FR/LG graphics.

Since Castelia debuted in Black and White, if it were brought to Hoopa's patchwork region, it would be in its original 5th gen style.

I pray to Arceus that they keep the Platinum Pokédex listing. I don't want to have to sacrifice my Empoleon a damn Infernape just because Rapidash sucks.

Not to mention the pathetically designed E4 teams (especially Flint) in DP. Agree with you completely. Has to be the Platinum dex.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I would much prefer a Platinum remake. I doubt it would happen, but seriously. Platinum in general was just SO much better. Even bigger margin than RS to E.

Sinnoh is my favourite region for some many reasons. It had a great balance of Pokémon from different regions, mixing heaps of Pokémon together. The terrain was terrific. There were lakes, mountains, snow mountains, a volcano, the ocean, islands, and underground features. It had everything. It also had a good post-game compared to XY. Heatran and the whole island was a good idea. If they kept features from Platinum, put in more stuff (like soaring and a 'Delta Episode,' it has the potential to be amazing. Same with Gen V games. The only let down for me in Gen V were the Pokémon designs. They just felt weird for me, as though they weren't the 'traditional' Pokémon designs. It's only personal and I like the games don't get me wrong. If they introduced a better storyline and more customization, Pokémon would become so much better.

Actually, in my idea, the patchwork region is constructed with the original counterparts of the locations brought.

So for example, Kanto areas would be in R/G/Y/B graphics unless they were new areas introduced in FR/LG, in which case they'd be done in FR/LG graphics.

Since Castelia debuted in Black and White, if it were brought to Hoopa's patchwork region, it would be in its original 5th gen style.
Yes, but I don't agree on that part xD i mean, Gen I graphics would be too contrasting with gen VI.

Anyway, the idea is great. We just disagree on the graphics part, as I want my 3D Castelia xD (and more). It would even give people a glimpse of how their favourite regions would look on the current engine. It would make them want the respective remakes/ re- remakes even more.

I like the Hoopa patchwork region idea, that's such a neat idea for a 20th anniversary title (although I'd still like to see Z afterwards). As for the graphics, I think they should just use 3D graphics. It'd be more consistent and it makes sense in universe since Hoopa can't time travel.

Not to mention the pathetically designed E4 teams (especially Flint) in DP. Agree with you completely. Has to be the Platinum dex.

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I would much prefer a Platinum remake. I doubt it would happen, but seriously. Platinum in general was just SO much better. Even bigger margin than RS to E.

The only thing I would keep from DP over Platinum is Cynthia's Champion team. Gastrodon is cuter than Togekiss and Cynthia's in particular is a hell of a lot tougher than her Togekiss.

Yes, but I don't agree on that part xD i mean, Gen I graphics would be too contrasting with gen VI.

Anyway, the idea is great. We just disagree on the graphics part, as I want my 3D Castelia xD (and more). It would even give people a glimpse of how their favourite regions would look on the current engine. It would make them want the respective remakes/ re- remakes even more.

I mean, the whole point of it representing the different universes would be to represent the different games, which is why I say the graphics should match the origin game. Plus, the contrast is intentional to make the player realize "hey, this isn't natural. This isn't how the world's supposed to be." and decide to right the wrongs that caused Hoopa to create this region to salvage reality.

I like the Hoopa patchwork region idea, that's such a neat idea for a 20th anniversary title (although I'd still like to see Z afterwards). As for the graphics, I think they should just use 3D graphics. It'd be more consistent and it makes sense in universe since Hoopa can't time travel.

Actually, we don't have any confirmation whatsoever that Hoopa can't time travel. The very nature of its portals create holes in space, which can't be possible (according to physics) unless Hoopa is manipulating the Space-Time continuum. And if time is also involved in Hoopa's powers, then that means while it itself can't time travel, its portals should be able to, and thus it should be able to pull things from different realities and different time periods into its location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom