• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zygarde is likely to be the mascot of Z. Gen 6.5 or 7 makes no sense at all. I get that game freak is breaking patterns but Zygarde is the third legendary pokemon and is likely to be mascot like Rayquaza, Giratina and Kyurem. That is a pattern that is unlikely to break.

Yes, and you saying that yet again, only leads this discussion further into the same old dead-end space of patterns, patterns, patterns. Broken, or brought back, no one knows what will happen. All we can do is go by the information we're getting, and for right now, that's gone stale again. I pray for some sort of news in February/March all the time, but there's no need to constantly circle around saying the same thing every time the conversation goes dead.

Everyone's talking about the waiting gap between the games and the anime, what about poor Pokémon Adventures? Hell, we've been waiting for the JAPANESE release of Volume 53 for over a year, haven't even gotten an English release of 52, which came out in 2014.

1. I am not using a piece of the puzzle !Z! was, by using the 20 months time gap argument. Which is irrelevant, considering we are in the 3DS era now.

2. You could be right, could be wrong.

3. Good point. But why reveal new formes so early?

4. See point 3.
1. the fact of the matter is that there is no concrete timeline for Pokemon releases. there have been periods where it's slow (Gen I, Gen III, early Gen IV, between generations in general) and then there have been periods where it's fast (Gen II, the tail-end of Gen IV, Gen V through mid-VI). yes, you are right that they are slower than they have been in the past three years. but @!Z! is also right that it is, in the grand scheme of things, not all that slow. in a nutshell neither of you are right and neither of you are wrong.

2. and that's a two way street. the fact of the matter is that there are a multitude of alternative explanations that can easily explain why it isn't how you seem to think it is.

3/4. the anime has to do something. Game Freak has nothing to lose by waiting: the Pokemon games make a killing. TPCi and Nintendo have a lot more to gain from waiting (especially considering that they have a lot of releases coming soon) than from dropping a new main series game in the middle of the releases of VC RBY(G), Pokken, Picross, and Go!. especially considering that VC RBY(G) may sell better without having to compete with the main series.

yes, you are right that they are slower than they have been in the past three years. in a nutshell neither of you are right and neither of you are wrong.

I have never disagreed with this, I just don't agree the slowdown was unexpected based on past precedent. It's usually every 4 years, 2007, 2011, 2015 etc. Will people be talking about the unexpectedly long break in 2019 too?

Haha omg I go away and come back and people are arguing about the exact same shit we were talking about a week ago, and a month ago, and 2 months ago. It's like a glitch in the Matrix. I love you guys, and if we were in a bar I'd buy you all a beer, but seriously we need news because we're just quacking at each other at this point.

Waiting for a game announcement like

nFTF0z2.jpg

What new features could they put in the next game? Doesn't matter what the game may be called (as we need a new subject), but what features can get us hooked or be added?

Everyone's talking about the waiting gap between the games and the anime, what about poor Pokémon Adventures? Hell, we've been waiting for the JAPANESE release of Volume 53 for over a year, haven't even gotten an English release of 52, which came out in 2014.

Maybe they're are waiting for the next game and the next protagonist (like Emerald, Platinum, etc.). Zygarde was just coming into it, so a new main character will probably come out with the next game.

Reactions: !Z!
What new features could they put in the next game? Doesn't matter what the game may be called (as we need a new subject), but what features can get us hooked or be added?

-running shoes on/off button return from HGSS
-VS seeker, or at least for trainers in the Maison to level up according to your no. of gym badges, like the Unova Stadiums
-return of trainer customisation (although if we're back in Kalos, which is likely, I assume this will return)
-an exciting post-game area that is rich with content, like the Battle Zone from Sinnoh
-expand certain Pokemon's movepools. Why can't my Raichu learn Dazzling Gleam?
-allow gym leaders to have more than 3 Pokemon
-more time-based events, like a Pokemon that only appears on a certain day of the week (Union Cave Lapras!) or trainers who are only active at night/morning like Johto's policemen or Sinnoh's joggers

A lot of staples that were ignored for one. Like from the top of my head:
-An actual sidequest.
-Trainer Rematches
-A pokedevice.
Meanwhile they can introduce some new stuff or reintroduce old features:
-Hidden Grottoes could be updated to be hidden in cliff walls or bushes. Its understandable why they were left out in XY, there were no forests to hide em in. But maybe that can change.
-The battle frontier returning, or at the very least we have more facilities in the region.
-I've said it before, some sort of cooking equivalent of the sidequest makes a lot of sense. Some sort of fashion show woyld be silly, its basically the musicals all over again.
-I can see them doing something for the 20th.
-Join Avenue 2:Electric Boogaloo.
If by 2017 they don't tie up B2W2, and for some reason XY and ORAS have incomplete plots, they'll have to deal with all 3 plus gen 7. I fear for the manga.

Maybe they're are waiting for the next game and the next protagonist (like Emerald, Platinum, etc.). Zygarde was just coming into it, so a new main character will probably come out with the next game.

They can always introduce another original character (Yellow, Emerald) since they've done all the Kalos rivals (Tierno, Shauna, Trevor). Besides, XY and ORAS are still going at a steady, monthly pace. It's only B2W2 that's stalled for over a year.

If by 2017 they don't tie up B2W2, and for some reason XY and ORAS have incomplete plots, they'll have to deal with all 3 plus gen 7. I fear for the manga.

I fear for the poor men BEHIND the manga. Having to keep everything straight and consistent must be hell right now.

-Join Avenue 2:Electric Boogaloo.

Join Avenue definitely fits Kalos and could be a really interesting addition to the region. I could see them integrating it into Lumiose City and letting you open shops at various points throughout the city. Or at the very least, the 4 avenues, there's no sense in all of the shops being clustered on 1 or 2 streets whereas Hibernal Avenue has literally nothing except a restaurant. That would make for an interesting way to give players more to do in the game while also utilizing a lot of the empty space in the city.

As for new stuff, they should make Rhyhorn Racing a thing.

Is this the 5 million dollars Super Bowl thing? It's pretty cool. Could've announced something though.

I think it's worth not announcing it because of the platform, which sounds crazy. But, they catered to a lot of different audiences with it, and adding in the little bits of the phrases like "Like no one ever was" above the locker room door ect. I think it was more about the motivation that comes along with the franchise, and what it's been known so greatly for. I wouldn't of been annoyed if they announced a game, but viewers who aren't fans of Pokémon would of been like "oop, Pokémon ad, time for a bathroom break". It really draws you in, with subtle hints, and riveting music. It was also directed brilliantly imo, I wouldn't turn that off Pokémon fan or not. It was a good move for them, definitely worth the 5 million since they have plenty.

Something tells me they'll make an announcement when the actual commercial airs during Super Bowl. Pokemon Go's release date possibly.

Turns out there's quite a few things hidden in the commercial.

0:15 - "Learn to Surf HM03" poster under the TV
0:21 - Nidoking chess piece
0:29 - Cinnabar gym badge on the helmets
0:35 - Players 19 and 96 running out next to each other (1996)
0:36 - "Like no one ever was"
0:39 - Moomoo milk advertisment in the background

Might be some other stuff too. It's a neat little commercial really. Nothing spectacular but does its job fine.

I like the commercial, they better entrance the sheep-like general public back into Pokémon, I'm ready for it to be a booming thing again like it was when it first came out. This could be the start of the series' revival era for widespread appeal and not just the die-hard fanbase:D

I like the commercial, they better entrance the sheep-like general public back into Pokémon, I'm ready for it to be a booming thing again like it was when it first came out. This could be the start of the series' revival era for widespread appeal and not just the die-hard fanbase:D
Ironically though, the game started to feel really shaped and good since gen III and onwards. Precisely after "Pokemania" ended with gen II.

I hope the games don't become casual/ bare bones again if a lot of casuals come back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom