• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me they'll make an announcement when the actual commercial airs during Super Bowl. Pokemon Go's release date possibly.

Probably just Pokemon Go. I wasn't expecting a main series game and kind of glad that it isn't a part of the Super Bowl commercial.

Well the response from social media on my end when Go was announced, was crazy. People I didn't even know who used to be fans of Pokémon coming out of nowhere like "this is epic, look at Charizard" lol, that's what those people want, give it to them, I'm not complaining, I want it too. But people need to understand the Kanto-loving/retreading/rehashing is always going to happen, and for the company's sake, their not losing anything by doing it. This is not me starting up a "Gen 1 remake discussion", please, don't go there lol. It's just that the beginning always has a means to the end. We have a whooooole year of news (be it misleading or not) to go. Yay.

Reactions: !Z!
Well the response from social media on my end when Go was announced, was crazy. People I didn't even know who used to be fans of Pokémon coming out of nowhere like "this is epic, look at Charizard" lol, that's what those people want, give it to them, I'm not complaining, I want it too. But people need to understand the Kanto-loving/retreading/rehashing is always going to happen, and for the company's sake, their not losing anything by doing it. This is not me starting up a "Gen 1 remake discussion", please, don't go there lol. It's just that the beginning always has a means to the end. We have a whooooole year of news (be it misleading or not) to go. Yay.

Kanto confirmed.
Again!

Last edited:
Join Avenue definitely fits Kalos and could be a really interesting addition to the region. I could see them integrating it into Lumiose City and letting you open shops at various points throughout the city. Or at the very least, the 4 avenues, there's no sense in all of the shops being clustered on 1 or 2 streets whereas Hibernal Avenue has literally nothing except a restaurant. That would make for an interesting way to give players more to do in the game while also utilizing a lot of the empty space in the city.

As for new stuff, they should make Rhyhorn Racing a thing.
Huh, didn't think about that. Lumiose City Join Avenues. Its brilliant. I would love if they somehow turned it into a streetpass/spotpass hub, with all the different players popping up in the streets, with you upgrading the shops slowly but surely. Hell, maybe after a while of expanding the city you could be an honorary mayor? Taking it one step further, the gym could be themed after it. Instead of a quiz puzzle, Lumiose Tower has all sorts of contraptions based on the different shops, with Clemont being the inventor.

Kanto confirmed.
Again!

For a second I got scared. xD

Huh, didn't think about that. Lumiose City Join Avenues. Its brilliant. I would love if they somehow turned it into a streetpass/spotpass hub, with all the different players popping up in the streets, with you upgrading the shops slowly but surely. Hell, maybe after a while of expanding the city you could be an honorary mayor? Taking it one step further, the gym could be themed after it. Instead of a quiz puzzle, Lumiose Tower has all sorts of contraptions based on the different shops, with Clemont being the inventor.

I love the idea, especially with making the area be involved with StreetPass/SpotPass. I don't know why, but I just like those areas.

A little bit dissapointed. Was more like a pokemon product placement trailer with the only difference that it was an actual pokemon commercial. I was not expecting Z, but at least something Go related. That's thrown out money for a super bowl commercial and revealing the longer version even before the match was another mistake.

The audience of the super bowl is very big and the most people own a smartphone. Revealing a new Go trailer would be a bomb. Maybe they will reveal an additional trailer focusing on Go.

Pokemon: New Leaf confirmed.
Honestly, it needs to happen. They already treat the games with a pseudo mmo feel, what with the o-powets, secret bases and the streetpass stuff. Having a hub of sorts with Lumiose City, and blending in a reintroduction of Join Avenue would be perfect. I'm not too big a fan of mixing single player(the region and your adventure) with the meta in general, but it be fun to run a city and have it expand while you progress through the story.

Gen 1 , Gen 1, Gen 1, LUCARIO!!! The commercial was great and I love how the various characters are getting encouraged based on another person's actions. Overall 9.5 out of 10 for me the concept is charming but that CGI is pretty meh.

Some people on Twitter are pointing out that there is a time of 8:14 on the video billboard in Japan.

View: https://twitter.com/TaDavidID/status/691680417032867841

CZlXrHMWAAYNn0C.jpg

Obviously could be completely nothing, or it could be the announce/release date.

Oh definitely, Join Avenue and Streetpass/Spotpass are a match made in heaven. Streetpass and Spotpass are a great way to improve Join Avenue over BW2 and make the city feel more alive and connected.

Kanto confirmed.
Again!

Not sure if you are joking but I seriously doubt Kanto's return. It already got remade and RBY is coming to the virtual console. I still believe in a Z but if the wait goes beyond May, then I wouldn't believe in it as much as I do now and that would be disappointing.

I mean, part of me is now thinking we will see Kanto in whatever game comes next, even if it is alongside Kalos. The questions that have to be answered though...

1.) Would they do another two region game?
2.) Would they have Kanto in a new game the same year as releasing Kanto in R/B/Y on the Virtual Console?

Some people on Twitter are pointing out that there is a time of 8:14 on the video billboard in Japan.

View: https://twitter.com/TaDavidID/status/691680417032867841

CZlXrHMWAAYNn0C.jpg

Obviously could be completely nothing, or it could be the announce/release date.

Does it say "Roadblock on Route 12" in the tiny text above the TRAINING FOR GREATNESS? I can't make out what the other two sentences say.

I think all the little touches are really neat. Because even though it's short and people are complaining that it didn't reveal anything they clearly put thought into it.

I mean, part of me is now thinking we will see Kanto in whatever game comes next, even if it is alongside Kalos. The questions that have to be answered though...

2.) Would they have Kanto in a new game the same year as releasing Kanto in R/B/Y on the Virtual Console?
Maaan that Kanto hint is sweet, but what if it is related to Go, and not to the next main series game? It could mean that only Kanto native Pokemon will be in Go.

I've speculated that a dual sequel release could be on the horizon, but before the VC release, and I've especially ruled it out after this Radio Silence and obvious refocus on Kalod lore. Buuut hypothetically, the gist is this:
-Reintroduce Kanto through the original games.
-Refocus on Kalos lore is to get us excited for more Kalos, but also as misdirection/preparation.

Basically, what I have in mind is two games, takin place cocurrently, and flipped. Takes place 13 years after the events of Origins, and 3 years after XY. I have no idea what the plot would be, but they would have no connection, other than the fact that you go to Kanto/Kalos in the post league, interact with the characters from the other game and have a podt league story involving the disbanded team from the respective region and what not. Anything else, like a post lesgue Kanto just plopped in would do no justice. And while I was at it, I speculated that the region would be vastly expanded.

Not much else to say, cause I dropped this idea quickly. But if Kanto was getting a new game, I would assume sequels far after the original sense.

Maaan that Kanto hint is sweet, but what if it is related to Go, and not to the next main series game? It could mean that only Kanto native Pokemon will be in Go.

Mega Lucario is in the ad too!

I don't see why people think this ad suggests a return to Kanto? It just features predominantly (but not all) Gen 1 Pokemon as that is what is most iconic to people, and Pokemon Go is like the big anniversary game.

Think August seems realistic for a release. Don't know if the 6th gen instalment would be before or after though?

Does it say "Roadblock on Route 12" in the tiny text above the TRAINING FOR GREATNESS? I can't make out what the other two sentences say.

It does, yes. It seems to be a Kanto news channel, as it says "Kanto" in the lower right of the TV.

While I wouldn't rule out a Kanto game, especially because they seem to be going all in for the anniversary, the Kanto nods could just be to respect and acknowledge where the series started and that it wouldn't be where it is now without it. Especially with how close we are to the anniversary and how Kanto is their main way of drawing all the older fans into the celebrations too.

So the Kanto celebrations could be looking back in respect (and nostalgia) and pulling in the old fans to the celebrations, and then later, maybe after the anniversary date itself has passed, we'll be dealt whatever card is the "future" of the franchise for the next game. Be it Kalos or something completely different.

Not saying this is what they are doing with certainty, just giving a different input on the Kanto focus.

But if we go back to Kanto (and I'm going to be repetitive here because I've been saying this for like a year now) then I'd really hope they give us some sort of sequel/expansion type game rather than rehash of the original but on 3DS. An updated Kanto could be really interesting with a decent time skip (imagine if it's 20 years after Gen I to coincide with 20 years of Pokemon). With the originals releasing on the VC and in those sweet 3DS/2DS bundles, it does seem more likely that if we are getting a Kanto game it wouldn't just be those but updated.

Edit: I should point out that I'm usually extremely anti-Kanto (not because I hate it, but because I just don't enjoy all the worshipping it gets) but I'll be damned if they aren't getting me hyped like a kid for whatever is going to be the next game - even if it is Kanto!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom