• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, while this is hardly an iron-clad thing, one of the aspects of Mega Evolution that they touted as making it unique was that it could occur in battle, which implies that regular evolution cannot.
I know that the hp would change and i know that the mega evolution is unique because we can evolve our pokemon even further in a battle but i just found it cool and it could change things around during a important battle either with you rival or a gym or even the elite four ...
It would be just amazing

I know that it wouldn't be a huge change to the game but i wanted to see evolutions during the battles imagine having a charmender that evolved in the middle of a gym battle ... like in the anime where treecko evolved into a grovyle during the battle with ash's frogardier
(Sorry if i made some mistakes english isn't my first language)
:))

You and everyone else in the fandom. Hopefully GF listens to us someday, even if it only happens in a spin-off.

Detective game looks meh, not excited for it at all. Then again though, we haven't seen any real gameplay, so I'll reserve judgment.

It's an eShop title and doesn't look like something the West would really like. I don't think we'll be missing much by not getting this game.

I don't know if it's meant to be intentional, but the trailer evoked The Looker Chronicles for me. A lone detective without Pokémon (Looker, Pikachu) in a big city (Lumiose, whatever that city is) rescues a homeless child (Emma, that kid) and takes them under his wing. And that post-game was widely beloved for its story. So if this game is anything like THAT, I have no doubt us Westerners would eat it up.

You don't seem to be aware of how successful cinematic games such as Telltale's are. Outside Japan.

And it's more than a single eShop title in all likelihood.

Doesn't really matter. Digital only games don't really get as much attention as retail games, it's harder to make them stand out when you have to sift through a web page to find it, and they're often seen as inferior in Western markets. The West likes big, boisterous, attention grabbing games, and this isn't.

I don't get this complaining about the game not being announced. If they had released the title of the game and then nothing for six months you guys would just be complaining that we had the title and nothing else for all that time instead.

It doesn't matter what they do in this situation, impatient fans are always going to want something more until the game is released.

Also a big reason why you guys are impatient is because you've hyped yourselves up over everything. Every month it's the same with the Corocoro hype, or a Direct or anything. There is no drumroll that's been going on for six months or whatever from Game Freak. Game Freak haven't even given a trickle of any sort of main series game coming soon, you guys are doing this to yourselves so don't blame them. (And no, the Zygarde forms aren't a hint of a main game given they specified on the site it was anime news.)

Here's an idea. Maybe they could've, IDK, not started promoting new content in the anime months before they were ready to start talking about the next game. There's no reason for the anime and side games to start these promotions in the absence of a main series announcement. They have plenty of ways to fill that time and it hurts promotion of the next game because the fanbase is getting antsy at the teasing. And no, you can't blame Game Freak, but you can blame TPC, they really should've coordinated the promotion between the main games, anime, and spinoff games better. This promotional schedule does more harm than good.

Also, the Zygarde tease has to count. How on are all those formes anime exclusive? Especially since they are appearing in every side game anyway.

I never said the forms were anime exclusive (and neither did the official site). They quite clearly will be in whatever game is next.

However nowhere throughout the past six months have they teased, hinted or related any sort of news to a main series game being announced or released soon. Not with the formes, not with Volcanion, not with the 20th anniversary news this past week or two... nothing. They specifically said the formes were anime news and didn't try to tease at a main game with some sort of waffle like "how/when will these debut in the game?" or anything like that. It was straight up "this is anime news" and nothing else.

Therefore hyping yourselves up over it and blaming Game Freak makes no sense to me.

There's no reason for the anime and side games to start these promotions in the absence of a main series announcement.

Well one reason could be that the next main game isn't going to be what most expect.

This promotional schedule does more harm than good.

Only to the people who are 100% convinced that the next game HAS to have Zygarde Complete on the cover and keeping getting worked up every month we get nothing in relation to it.

And no, before people get their knickers in a twist, I don't mean Gen VII. I'm just saying their marketing of Zygarde in this way makes sense if they want it out of the way for whatever the actual game this year is. (And I guess I'll point out that this is speculation before people think I'm trying to state this as a fact. I'm just looking at the situation and forming an opinion.

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter. Digital only games don't really get as much attention as retail games, it's harder to make them stand out when you have to sift through a web page to find it, and they're often seen as inferior in Western markets. The West likes big, boisterous, attention grabbing games, and this isn't.
The successful episodic games I alluded to are digital-only until all the episodes are available and can be sold as one package. Detective Pikachu could receive the same exact treatment.

I'm not really disappointed by the announcement, especially since there might be that blue Pikachu that was mentioned as well back in 2013, but... Zygarde formes, Ash Greninja, and lack of a main game announcement and more spin-offs being announced isn't really a good idea imo.

I don't think anyone would be complaining about the lack of an announcement if we didn't get the new formes teased in July and announced in September, along with another Zygarde Core in October or November.

Same goes for if the spin-offs were announced after the next main game, though this was technically announced back in 2013.

Well one reason could be that the next main game isn't going to be what most expect.

Only to the people who are 100% convinced that the next game HAS to have Zygarde Complete on the cover and keeping getting worked up every month we get nothing in relation to it.

And no, before people get their knickers in a twist, I don't mean Gen VII. I'm just saying their marketing of Zygarde in this way makes sense if they want it out of the way for whatever the actual game this year is.

It's highly unlikely that the next game is going to be unexpected in that way. What would the point of Zygarde have been if he's just pushed to the side when the next main game comes out? That's a lot of work designing and promoting a Pokemon and new forms just for it to be a red herring that ends up pushed to the side when the real mascot is revealed. That's why there has to be something to these new forms, they don't go through all this trouble for nothing. There's no scenario here where skipping a Z game starring Zygarde makes a lick of business sense.

I'm not really disappointed by the announcement, especially since there might be that blue Pikachu that was mentioned as well back in 2013, but... Zygarde formes, Ash Greninja, and lack of a main game announcement and more spin-offs being announced isn't really a good idea imo.

I don't think anyone would be complaining about the lack of an announcement if we didn't get the new formes teased in July and announced in September, along with another Zygarde Core in October or November.

Same goes for if the spin-offs were announced after the next main game, though this was technically announced back in 2013.

Exactly. If they hadn't have done all of that promotion there'd be nothing to complain about, we could simply enjoy every announcement we've gotten and get excited for what's coming. But since they've started teasing us with new Pokemon we can't get, the fanbase is restless and impatient to be able to use them. So with no word in sight on when they're coming to the main game, the anger is perfectly justified.

Reactions: !Z!
What would the point of Zygarde have been if he's just pushed to the side when the next main game comes out?

To tide people over during the drought. They have to retain interest somehow while they gear up to start promoting a hypothetical not-Zygarde game. Zygarde is moderately interesting enough to do that.

To tide people over during the drought. They have to retain interest somehow while they gear up to start promoting a hypothetical not-Zygarde game. Zygarde is moderately interesting enough to do that.
This makes sense. The way Zygarde is being promoted, it really looks like he isn't going to star a game.

But since Zygarde's forms are quite popular, and a lot of fans are already expecting them to star a main series game, wouldn't a different move have a nagative backlash?

It's highly unlikely that the next game is going to be unexpected in that way. What would the point of Zygarde have been if he's just pushed to the side when the next main game comes out?

Maybe their plans changed since 2013? Maybe they decided they wanted to do something different for the anniversary? Maybe they saw how predictable Z was to fans and thought they should shake things up a bit? Just some possibilities.

I feel like now would be a good time to mention that Zygarde is debuting in the TCG in March too. It isn't getting its own set like previous legendaries have either, it's being included in a Mega Alakazam set called Awakening of Psychic Kings/Fates Collide. So they are shoving its TCG debut out without its own set (Xerneas and Yveltal, Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon and Kyogre, Mega Mewtwo XY and even Hoopa all received their own sets for their debuts in the last few years.)

That's a lot of work designing and promoting a Pokemon and new forms just for it to be a red herring that ends up pushed to the side when the real mascot is revealed.

I don't know, looking at Zygarde Complete I wouldn't say lots of work went into it *pouts* (still mad at its design. dog zygarde is cool tho)

That's why there has to be something to these new forms, they don't go through all this trouble for nothing.

What trouble are they going to?

-They've revealed the forms and stuck them in the anime (no movie for it as of yet either) with absolutely zero whiff of a game announcement related to Zygarde. If Zygarde wasn't getting a part in the anime Team Flare still would be/the anime would still need something happening, so the arc isn't exactly big trouble for them and a big legendary arc probably helps the anime if anything.
-We've had numerous Corocoro issues since September/October none of which care about Zygarde anymore (especially now Volcanion is on the scene - it isn't even being tied into Volcanion in the movie yet and we've had two issues for it to do that even slightly).
-It was slipped into the side-games with no big shout about "hey look!" they are just there when you play.
-It's had merchandise like plushies released and is getting even more merchandise in March (let's compare to Volcanion, whose merchandise probably won't release until the movie in July like both Hoopa and Diancie's).
-And like I said above, it's going to make its TCG debut in March within a set for Mega Alakazam which has a name with zero relation to Z/Zygarde/Green anything relating to it and focuses solely on Mega Alakazam despite all previous big legendaries in the last few years getting its own set.
-Next month will have been 5 months since the formes reveal and there's still no game tied to them. People bring up Giratina-O and Platinum but looking at how more recent games have been announced it's either been title first then mascots OR mascots at the same time as the game titles. Alone this doesn't necessarily mean much but with everything else?

They aren't making a fuss of it at all, they are basically doing the bare minimum for it and haven't been hyping it since it was revealed.

The question is will Zygarde be the mascot? Seriously consider if that looks likely to you with how they are treating it. Even if you don't agree with me, can you at least somewhat understand where I am coming from this? I'm sick of posting in this thread and being made out to be some sort of nutcase so my appealing here looks pathetic but it's so tiring to have your opinion disregarded all the time. I don't care if I end up wrong in the end, I'd just like to be taken equally for what my opinion on the matter is. :/

I supported "Z" all the way up until September and I know for a fact I made statements like "they aren't going to not give Zygarde a game" last year, but I changed my mind and I'm incredibly stubborn, so it's not like I've been spouting this crap since ORAS because "I hate Gen VI" or "want shiny new toys" or whatever some people in this thread like to make up as reasons. Honestly another Gen VI game would be fine with me because that means more chances for new Megas and anyone who knows me knows I love to speculate and discuss new Megas ;)

And again, just to reiterate before someone blows up at me: the formes will absolutely be in the next game, I'm not saying that or denying it. And I'm not saying Gen VII is confirmed either before the pitchforks are pulled out.

This is kinda long-winded post but I guess most of you will expect that from me by now :p

This makes sense. The way Zygarde is being promoted, it really looks like he isn't going to star a game.

I think what seals it for me is the fact that the Zygarde forms aren't even the stars of their introductory TCG set. Instead, it's Mega Alakazam.

But since Zygarde's forms are quite popular, and a lot of fans are already expecting them to star a main series game, wouldn't a different move have a nagative backlash?

They are undoubtedly going to feature in the next game anyway. All it would really mean is that they got their spotlight elsewhere. But everybody would still be perfectly capable of accessing the forms in the next games. And I suppose it also depends on just how kick-ass the alternative turns out to be.

Endolise says the same as me but much more succinctly :eek: I need to work on being more concise lmao.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERBLEEPING 50% ZYGARDES ON THIS MOTHERBLEEPING HYPE TRAIN.

Now that I have your attention... Guys. Please understand. For those of you impatiently waiting, I have a strong feeling that we should be getting our "flowers" hint from last year very soon. Have a look-see for a fresh reminder:

Pokemon Marketing Director Teases ‘Flowers’ in Series Future - News

While discussing the future of Pokemon, we asked Smith to offer us a cryptic tease of that future.

"And last but not least, can you just throw a cryptic word out there? Just anything. Something will get me to scratch my head. That, like, in eight months I'll go, 'That's what he was talking about!'

After a pause, Smith's response was "flowers".

This was posted back in August of last year. If we were to take that "eight months" in the bold text seriously, that puts us around the March/April mark of hearing what the "flowers" hint was really about. I know that people will hate me for saying this, but please, for the love of Arceus, chill out.

That's weird because I was thinking about that flower tease earlier and couldn't think whether we'd had anything relating to it yet.

I mean I suppose it could be something lame like flowers for the anniversary or something...

Endolise says the same as me but much more succinctly :eek: I need to work on being more concise lmao.

Whereas I feel redundant since you covered everything I said in greater detail... I hadn't seen your post by the time I began working on mine. :p

Also, I still think that a critical thing to point out is how little "Z" has to offer. It won't have any Pokémon that we cannot already catch. Even giving the rest of the Mythical Pokémon the Delta Deoxys treatment would be virtually pointless, since they are all getting distributed throughout the year. And of course, OR/AS are still the competitive games for this year's tournaments. That, coupled with the fact that it was only one generation ago that they first shattered the expected "third version" formula, make it incredibly hard for me to believe that they are going to give us not only a nigh-functionally useless game, but a nigh-functionally useless game that is just a retread of a game we already played, and with a central focus that everybody already expects (and that they *know* we expect and are intentionally playing on that expectation).

That's weird because I was thinking about that flower tease earlier and couldn't think whether we'd had anything relating to it yet.

I was thinking about it just yesterday, myself.

I'd laugh if it turned out to be nothing more than a reference to July's Shaymin event. Flowers = legit gracideas 4Everyone!!

@Zeb I agree with you (let's wait a moment for that to sink in shall we, let's enjoy this rare moment ;) )

they are handling it suspiciously, and a few of us have been speculating on here already that the game could be a Z in essence (ie 3rd kalos instalment with Zygarde playing a role) but their could indeed be something more to it. I've seen Pokemon V speculated, personally I had my idea about another Zygarde form.

The point about the TCG set is a very interesting one, because let's say for a moment, Zygarde isnt a big player in the next game, let's say Masuda granted Silktree's wish and took us onto Gen 7 later in the year, it still doesn't make sense why a TCG release in March would focus on Mega Alakazam of all creatures, and relegate Zygarde to a minor role after all the exposure it gets. Even without Z, to put Mega Alakazam on the front instead of Zygarde is just bizarre either way.

As we've also discussed above, there are 4 or 5 different coloured cores in Zygarde's chest, and the English website refers to the red core as communicating with {multiple} other cores! So there could indeed be more to Zygarde yet.

I am 90% certain the next game will tie in with AZ and Floette more. I mean the flowers hint screams Floette and that whole line, and we still need an event distribution for it and the AZoth thing in the movie and absence in the anime, seem to point that way too. (Also nice contrast of mechanised AZoth kingdom, with flowers and nature etc. )

I was wondering if we could see Floette get a new forme or even Mega Evolve? It's BST is like 571 iirc way higher than a normal Floette, and a 100 BST rise would take it to 670, which has been box mascot legendary in the past. They could make a big deal out of how up until now it was only fully evolved Pokemon that got Megas and now this Floette has got one, busting that theory open, and also just spit balling here, but that could open up the way for Pikachu to get some new Mega or form etc.

Pokemon Eternal, or Pokemon Eternity do sound like cool potential names for a 20th anniversary game!

Last edited:
lol, the anger is justified?

What a bunch of childish, entitled fans you guys are. The game will be revealed when it is revealed, until then, try to focus on something else. God, I forget how immature fans can be sometimes.

Hard to focus on something else when they're shoving the new forms in our faces. There's nothing childish or immature about these complaints, they're perfectly valid.

And the massive amount of spinoff games isn't enough? There's plenty to tide us over during the drought, and we could enjoy those things more if they weren't trolling us with new forms we can't get.

Maybe their plans changed since 2013?

Only if they changed after July. Any earlier than that and we shouldn't have seen Zygarde Complete in the first place. A delay in the game release is by far the most likely explanation behind this.

Maybe they decided they wanted to do something different for the anniversary?

Anniversaries never stopped them before. The 10th and 15th anniversaries were just business as usual as far as main game releases are concerned.

Maybe they saw how predictable Z was to fans and thought they should shake things up a bit? Just some possibilities.

There are numerous other ways for them to shake things up without throwing an entire mascot out the window.

I don't know, looking at Zygarde Complete I wouldn't say lots of work went into it *pouts* (still mad at its design. dog zygarde is cool tho)

What trouble are they going to?

-They've revealed the forms and stuck them in the anime (no movie for it as of yet either) with absolutely zero whiff of a game announcement related to Zygarde. If Zygarde wasn't getting a part in the anime Team Flare still would be/the anime would still need something happening, so the arc isn't exactly big trouble for them and a big legendary arc probably helps the anime if anything.
-We've had numerous Corocoro issues since September/October none of which care about Zygarde anymore (especially now Volcanion is on the scene - it isn't even being tied into Volcanion in the movie yet and we've had two issues for it to do that even slightly).
-It was slipped into the side-games with no big shout about "hey look!" they are just there when you play.
-It's had merchandise like plushies released and is getting even more merchandise in March (let's compare to Volcanion, whose merchandise probably won't release until the movie in July like both Hoopa and Diancie's).
-And like I said above, it's going to make its TCG debut in March within a set for Mega Alakazam which has a name with zero relation to Z/Zygarde/Green anything relating to it and focuses solely on Mega Alakazam despite all previous big legendaries in the last few years getting its own set.
-Next month will have been 5 months since the formes reveal and there's still no game tied to them. People bring up Giratina-O and Platinum but looking at how more recent games have been announced it's either been title first then mascots OR mascots at the same time as the game titles. Alone this doesn't necessarily mean much but with everything else?

They aren't making a fuss of it at all, they are basically doing the bare minimum for it and haven't been hyping it since it was revealed.

Even the bare minimum requires a lot of investment. First they have to design the Pokemon and its lore. Which likely takes weeks, maybe even months of work from artists and writers to come up with the concept for the Pokemon. Then the anime needs to write its own storyline. Then they have to pay for the merchandising and advertising. Altogether, they're probably paying millions for this "bare minimum" promotion, and for what? Just to hold people off for a few months? Don't be ridiculous, this has to amount to something.

The question is will Zygarde be the mascot? Seriously consider if that looks likely to you with how they are treating it. Even if you don't agree with me, can you at least somewhat understand where I am coming from this? I'm sick of posting in this thread and being made out to be some sort of nutcase so my appealing here looks pathetic but it's so tiring to have your opinion disregarded all the time. I don't care if I end up wrong in the end, I'd just like to be taken equally for what my opinion on the matter is. :/

I'll admit the TCG thing is suspicious, but even then, there's still no sense in Zygarde not being the mascot. It's deeply connected to XY's mascots in ways that no other Pokemon can be, and it's such a tremendous waste not to explore that. You can talk about how creative it would be to design the game around Volcanion or Eternal Flower Floette, but the fact of the matter is that they just don't have the same kind of connection. They're probably going to be a significant part of the promotion, similarly to how the likes of Mega Mewtwo, Hoopa, or the Mega Latis were to XY and ORAS, but almost certainly not going to be the main event. Zygarde is simply much more marketable and connected to the game as a whole, and it would be much more interesting to give it focus.

Last edited:

What a bunch of childish, entitled fans you guys are.

Have you ever considered posting on this thread without insulting the rest of us? You should try it one day, who knows you might even like it. By all means disagree with our arguments, but please don't resort to personal attacks on our character such as calling us childish or entitled.

Here's an idea. Maybe they could've, IDK, not started promoting new content in the anime months before they were ready to start talking about the next game. There's no reason for the anime and side games to start these promotions in the absence of a main series announcement. They have plenty of ways to fill that time and it hurts promotion of the next game because the fanbase is getting antsy at the teasing. And no, you can't blame Game Freak, but you can blame TPC, they really should've coordinated the promotion between the main games, anime, and spinoff games better. This promotional schedule does more harm than good.

This. All of this, a hundred times. This on a t-shirt. This on a sticky at the top of this thread. SO MUCH THIS.

What a bunch of childish, entitled fans you guys are.

What a childish, rude thing to post. Such a pity that when we're discussing each other's opinions like civil mature adults and leaving personal remarks out of it, there's always someone who feels the need to lower the tone with petty little insults.

I feel like I've said this a lot lately, but it bears repeating. Expressing an opinion less than 100% positive about a choice Gamefreak, TPC or Nintendo have made does not make you any less of a fan. It does not make you 'entitled'. It does not make you 'whiny'. It does not mean you should 'shut up'. It does not mean you should just 'be grateful'. Pokemon, as much as we love it, is a BUSINESS. It is not a charity. We are paying Gamefreak and TPC and as customers we have the right to have an opinion, and voice that opinion, about the franchise we are supporting. Do not ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Being critical of something only means you appreciate it all the better and can view it from a place of objectivity, rather than being a blind fanboy/girl who gets crapped on by a company and simply says 'more please, senpai'.

@Guidznl Actually, I think because it's an actual Super bowl related commercial, it will air regardless of where you are, ads like fabric softener may vary however lol. You get what I mean though, like tied in, with a few other ads that paid for specific time slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom