• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna ask something regarding Zygarde. So far we know hatbPerfect is all he cells and all the cores together right? Right. So what I'm wondering is, what if Perfect isn't the 100% forme. What if, there are 3 of them. We all assume that for there to be twl hypothetical sequels we need two formes, thus ruling out this idea cause of perfect. But what if Perfect is an uncontrollable force of nature in tje games,or even Anime only? What if the end goal of the games is Zugarde 100% Red/Blue, which entirely depends on which core is in control. We always assume that's it for Zygarde cause of Perfect being complete in regards of the cells, but mever how the cores could come into play.

But even if the cores are integral to which form Zygarde takes, there's evidence hinting to at least three cores; Red, White and Blue, with more hints to an extra Orange and Indigo cores.

Whatever it is that CoroCoro is revealing next month I'm certain that it'll be a "new Pokémon" of some sort, whether or not that be a new form, mega evolution, primal reversion, or an actual new Pokémon species is up for debate. They already revealed the last mythical Pokémon of the generation in December and Zygarde's various forms were revealed back in September. Who else does that leave then? Sure some could say it's Eternal Flower Floette that is to be shown but do you really think they'd make a big deal over a Pokémon we've known about since X & Y's release? I doubt that, that is the case. Also let's not forget that we don't even have a title for the movie yet and that there is no main star yet. As many of you might know February has been the month when they not only reveal the title of the movie but the main star too. I'm going to take a guess and say that it'll be a new Pokémon species, only because all of the February reveals we've gotten in the past have never been forms (though that can change).

I thought I'd never see the day when Detective Pikachu was announced. I was starting to think that perhaps they had quietly cancelled it. The graphics look incredible and here's hoping that the game itself is incredible too. I like that they went for a different look for the human characters as opposed to what we're used to seeing. Pikachu doesn't look as creepy as what I was expecting it to look like which is a good thing, that 3D model they were testing a couple years back is a thing of nightmares, lol.

I really hope that if we're to get sequels to X & Y that the protagonist doesn't dissappear off the face of the planet. I loved Black 2 and White 2 but one small thing that bothered me was that Hilbert/Hilda were nowhere to be found. One of the things I loved about GSC/HGSS is how we had the opportunity to battle Red on Mt. Silver. I guess even if we were to get sequels to X & Y that encountering the protagonist from the first games doesn't matter if there isn't a Memory Link option on the menu. I would obviously want the protagonist to be the same person from one of the games I played.

More anime episodes revealed, and another month is done. If we have no sign of the gym for March either, its obvious we won't be seeing the league before June. Hypothetically if the next release is also the start of the next generation, it would be cutting it awfully close between release and the end of the series.

Whatever it is that CoroCoro is revealing next month I'm certain that it'll be a "new Pokémon" of some sort, whether or not that be a new form, mega evolution, primal reversion, or an actual new Pokémon species is up for debate. They already revealed the last mythical Pokémon of the generation in December and Zygarde's various forms were revealed back in September. Who else does that leave then? Sure some could say it's Eternal Flower Floette that is to be shown but do you really think they'd make a big deal over a Pokémon we've known about since X & Y's release? I doubt that, that is the case. Also let's not forget that we don't even have a title for the movie yet and that there is no main star yet. As many of you might know February has been the month when they not only reveal the title of the movie but the main star too. I'm going to take a guess and say that it'll be a new Pokémon species, only because all of the February reveals we've gotten in the past have never been forms (though that can change).

I just can't see them having Volcanion play second fiddle to a form; the movie title is still hidden AND they've hyped it up as world changing news (or whatever phrase it was that I keep misquoting). The title not being revealed alongside Volcanion means it isn't the main star of the movie.

While not impossible, I don't see Volcanion being the lone star of the movie and it having a form revealed next month. As has been pointed out by other people before, form changes in the movie are generally reserved for later in the news cycle. If next month's news was a form change then what would they reveal later in the year? And if they don't reveal the second/main star of the movie now, how can they promote the movie well for the next few months? Volcanion alone can only hold so much interest and be used in so much footage. And would a Volcanion form really be world changing when nearly every legendary has form changes these days?

I don't see it being a Zygarde form either and that's because Zygarde hasn't even been linked, or teased to be linked, to Volcanion and the movie by Corocoro yet and they've had two months to do something like that. Even sticking green hexagons or some green in general around the Volcanion news and saying something like "what could this mean?!" seems like standard Corocoro fare and something they would do but they haven't. Not to mention we know of Zygarde and its multiple forms existence so hiding them appearing in the movie at this point, even if there's another hidden form in the works, still makes little sense. They could have shown Zygarde vs Volcanion as the movie and still keep the form hidden until later in that scenario, so it looks really unlikely to be a Zygarde form. Not to mention the teaser at the end of last year's movie had the Zygarde form anyway, so what point would there be in keeping any form of Zygarde out of the movie news for the last two months?

Not everything here is in reply to what you say Quetsol, I'm mostly just rambling my thoughts down :p

I'll leave people to decide for themselves, but I personally think it's a completely new Pokemon. Also if it were to happen, a new Pokemon being revealed during the anniversary month is a nice thing to do, don't you think? New beginnings and looking back in nostalgia all being celebrated at the same time.

Edit: I'm going to laugh so much if they totally fooled me and it is Eternal Floette :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I just can't see them having Volcanion play second fiddle to a form; the movie title is still hidden AND they've hyped it up as world changing news (or whatever phrase it was that I keep misquoting). The title not being revealed alongside Volcanion means it isn't the main star of the movie.

While not impossible, I don't see Volcanion being the lone star of the movie and it having a form revealed next month. As has been pointed out by other people before, form changes in the movie are generally reserved for later in the news cycle. If next month's news was a form change then what would they reveal later in the year? And if they don't reveal the second/main star of the movie now, how can they promote the movie well for the next few months? Volcanion alone can only hold so much interest and be used in so much footage. And would a Volcanion form really be world changing when nearly every legendary has form changes these days?

I don't see it being a Zygarde form either and that's because Zygarde hasn't even been linked, or teased to be linked, to Volcanion and the movie by Corocoro yet and they've had two months to do something like that. Even sticking green hexagons or some green in general around the Volcanion news and saying something like "what could this mean?!" seems like standard Corocoro fare and something they would do but they haven't. Not to mention we know of Zygarde and its multiple forms existence so hiding them appearing in the movie at this point, even if there's another hidden form in the works, still makes little sense. They could have shown Zygarde vs Volcanion as the movie and still keep the form hidden until later in that scenario, so it looks really unlikely to be a Zygarde form. Not to mention the teaser at the end of last year's movie had the Zygarde form anyway, so what point would there be in keeping any form of Zygarde out of the movie news for the last two months?

Not everything here is in reply to what you say Quetsol, I'm mostly just rambling my thoughts down :p

I'll leave people to decide for themselves, but I personally think it's a completely new Pokemon. Also if it were to happen, a new Pokemon being revealed during the anniversary month is a nice thing to do, don't you think? New beginnings and looking back in nostalgia all being celebrated at the same time.

Edit: I'm going to laugh so much if they totally fooled me and it is Eternal Floette :ROFLMAO:
The cynic in me is cometely prepared for that outcome and I have no qualms with it. Just not gonna mention it at all and let speculatiobs continue for the sake of boredom.

The cynic in me is cometely prepared for that outcome and I have no qualms with it. Just not gonna mention it at all and let speculatiobs continue for the sake of boredom.

You do best, that way no matter the result you won't end up looking silly :p

Yeah, I'm leaning towards new Pokemon tbh. A form/forme of a Legendary isn't really "world changing". Same goes for Eternal Flower Floette as we've already seen it in X/Y, unless they reveal more information about it.

A new Pokemon in the middle of a Generation AND on the 20th anniversary? That sounds something "world changing" in my opinion.

We have always thought Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves belong to Zygarde to counter Xerneas and Yveltal, respectively. But what if Thousand Arrows belongs to Xerneas to counter Yveltal, and Thousand Waves belongs to Yveltal to counter Xerneas? I've looked at the three and Xerneas is clearly the right shape to use Thousand Arrows. Yveltal has no visible hexagons, but after staring at it it looks plausible. Zygarde already has a move, and without a dual form, it might be strange for a legendary to have three signature moves (assuming Zygarde Complete). As for the Ground typing, maybe TPCi/Nintendo/Gamefreak wants us to speculate :O
What do you guys think?

What would be world-changing?

A pair of new games expanding on the AZ/Azoth Kingdom story threads XY and ORAS in an unparalleled, explosively exciting way. Back when BW were released they were so plot-centric that they really impressed the fanbase with a thrilling narrative and actual character development. I'd love to see something like that again. Also, chuck in a new area of Kalos, some new Pokemon, and a few new gym leaders. BAM - amazing games that rival even BW2.

Not holding my breath for it, but it'd be awesome.

Hm... I think I've got another idea for the 5 Cores theory. What if they each represent a major Legendary?

Red Zygarde Core - Yveltal
Blue Zygarde Core - Xerneas
White Zygarde Core - ??? or Zygarde 50%
Purple Zygarde Core - ???
Yellow Zygarde Core - ???

Well, I'm kind of iffy on the speculated White Core, but I think it'd make sense for it to represent Zygarde because it'd be balancing it, but what if there's purple and yellow box mascots instead of Zygarde?

I'm not really sure how they'd work in the group. It just popped up into my head. I guess they could have worked with Xerneas or Yveltal.

More anime episodes revealed, and another month is done. If we have no sign of the gym for March either, its obvious we won't be seeing the league before June. Hypothetically if the next release is also the start of the next generation, it would be cutting it awfully close between release and the end of the series.
They probably aren't going to release any main series game until late November considering that there will be a Gamestop distribution for XY and ORAS that month. The league will only last two months and should logically be at the tail end of the series if Generation VII is on the horizon.

The Sinnoh League started in early July in time for BW's release in September.

The same people complain every month regardless. It wouldn't matter if the news was hyped or not, there's a crowd that just like to moan and be dissatisfied with everything.

At least this time we know we're getting something and it should (most likely) be something completely brand new. Which is enough reason to anticipate it at least, but sure don't get yourselves too excited because whether it's worth it or not remains to be seen.

Yeah whatever happens I'm certain the news WONT be world changing. Just like December's big news wasn't that big, it was a Pokemon we'd known about for 2 years, which leads me to believe it could be E Floette, because despite being seen in XY (just like Volcanion is mentioned) we're not supposed to know you can get it in game yet or about Light of Ruin.

Hm... I think I've got another idea for the 5 Cores theory. What if they each represent a major Legendary?

Well, I'm kind of iffy on the speculated White Core, but I think it'd make sense for it to represent Zygarde because it'd be balancing it, but what if there's purple and yellow box mascots instead of Zygarde?

I'm not really sure how they'd work in the group. It just popped up into my head. I guess they could have worked with Xerneas or Yveltal.

I've seen something similar to this.
Basically it was, Red = Yveltal, Blue = Xerneas, White = Diancie, Purple = Hoopa, Yellow/orange = Volcanion.

Can't see it myself personally. But yeah you're not the only one thinking this :)

Yeah whatever happens I'm certain the news WONT be world changing. Just like December's big news wasn't that big, it was a Pokemon we'd known about for 2 years, which leads me to believe it could be E Floette, because despite being seen in XY (just like Volcanion is mentioned) we're not supposed to know you can get it in game yet or about Light of Ruin.

It's best to go in expecting nothing, but at the same time, not all of those statements are actually overhyped. The month before they revealed Mega Evolution they described it as "the scoop of the century", and it was. "World changing news" doesn't sound like the type of statement they'd overhype that much, it's so ridiculously grandiose that it naturally creates sky high expectations as opposed to just "big news" which is a fairly generic description that can apply to just about anything. But maybe I'm reading too much into this, we'll just have to wait and see what we get.

Hm, possibly. While I don't believe Zygarde getting new forms, with Volcanion having new forms... I think it'll be revolving around the types of the Power Plants. Since the only one open was the the electrical part, I wonder what relevance the other ones will have. Perhaps each one will change it's type. Only question is how will it's signature moves be like..? And is water really is it's main typing?

I also think that statement can refer to Volcanion itself, as it mentions in the official website that "The power is said to be great enough to blow away an entire mountain, gouging out the earth and changing the shape of the land." I can see this correlating to the "affecting the entire world for the movie"

You do best, that way no matter the result you won't end up looking silly :p
Exactly, its a win-win situation for me. But all things said, its very likely there is a big shift coming, we're in uncharted waters already.

We have always thought Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves belong to Zygarde to counter Xerneas and Yveltal, respectively. But what if Thousand Arrows belongs to Xerneas to counter Yveltal, and Thousand Waves belongs to Yveltal to counter Xerneas? I've looked at the three and Xerneas is clearly the right shape to use Thousand Arrows. Yveltal has no visible hexagons, but after staring at it it looks plausible. Zygarde already has a move, and without a dual form, it might be strange for a legendary to have three signature moves (assuming Zygarde Complete). As for the Ground typing, maybe TPCi/Nintendo/Gamefreak wants us to speculate :O
What do you guys think?
Hmmm. Maybe, just maybe, Xerneas/Yveltal get something akin to primals? Megas all but in name, within its own ruleset. Maybe that's how Zygarde is related to the other two legendaries, being so unique. I mean look at all the legendary trios, their is an obvious lemotif.
The Weather Trio has the markings, and the abilities. Meanwhile, Rayquaza negates the other two.
The creation trio has their jewels, the mouthguard, and are each a respective dimension. Giratina meanwhile is a bit disconnected and instead of being the master, which is Arceus instead, is the darkhorse, powerful enough to take down its brotherd.
The Tao Trio their coloring the tail generator, and are 3 parts of an incomplete whole. Kyurem, depending on its Dna Splicing, enhances the powers of the respective third.
Meanwhile, the only connection to the other two is the Ability Aura Break, and Complete Forme being much stronger. Does that make it the master? The Balance? Who knows. Obviously the letter thematic is also in place. Zygarde has its own little bubble, being the master of the ecosystem. I don't know how it could be Xerneas and Yveltal related the two moves, but it would be a surprise, giving us both the 3rd member so many formes alongside the mascot duo. But how? Both Waves And Arrows utilize hexagons for the animation, so it would be odd. I dunno if they would fuse, that's Kyurem's thing. Maybe instead the cores latch on to the dormant states and utilize them as weapons, much like the infinite weapon?

The Red and Blue cores are Kalos' protectors, and the Orange Purple are the protectors of Hoenn. Zygarde Perfect is when they combine their powers. Or not. Who knows?

They probably aren't going to release any main series game until late November considering that there will be a Gamestop distribution for XY and ORAS that month. The league will only last two months and should logically be at the tail end of the series if Generation VII is on the horizon.

The Sinnoh League started in early July in time for BW's release in September.
With that logic, Genesect is in December as well, so what, the gen starts sometime in the early next year?

I bet that "world-changing" reveal will be totally underwhelming, and people will be complaining about over-hyping once again. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm keeping my expectations low.
Nah, its gonna be big. Volcanion is the last gen 6 revesl without formes being put into consideration, so by default its intriguing.

"The power is said to be great enough to blow away an entire mountain, gouging out the earth and changing the shape of the land." I can see this correlating to the "affecting the entire world for the movie"

Right, that's the actual quote that I keep misquoting as "word changing", I need to remember it thanks. You're right in that it being a literal meaning and not some sort of hype-fueling statement could be a real possibility too.

Im so mad ... like a new season of the anime has already started and in my country the latest episode is the one that ash gained the fairy badge [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji35] [emoji35]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom