• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of just shooting down his theory, why not provide some speculation of your own, it's a speculation thread after all?
it's not a function of shooting him down; it's encouragement to take more, conservative (for lack of a better word), approaches to speculation. a lot of what i see in this thread can simply be branded with a hashtag, #itisnotthatdeep. to me, a lot of this speculation reads as "Zygarde has purple and gold cores. purple and gold are some of the colors of Mardi Gras. Nice in Southern France has one of the largest Carnivals in the world. Nice is the fifth largest metropolitan area in France. five minus two is three. Half Life III confirmed." Tsutarja hit the nail on the head with that sort of good and bad speculation distinction.

i have speculated (see: the XYZ trio are representative of Norse mythology, Zygarde will have an ability that creates an inverse battle), but otherwise my speculation is fairly straightforward. and of course, as Tsutarja also pointed out, a lot of my more conservative speculation has been met with "ok u make some good points but this coincidence is just 2 convincing for me" or some other flavor of "how do u explain [coincidence here] then," which is....draining to say the least. and honestly, not reading into things too much will prevent you from being disappointed, or at least would keep you less disappointed. if Greco-Roman columns at Spear Pillar in Gen IV does not confirm a Mediterranean region for Gen V, then i doubt that the happenstance of colors that are similar to Mardi Gras (which is related to Carnival, which Nice has one of the largest of in the world, and Nice is in Southern France), confirms Southern Kalos.

anyways, moving on:
Do you agree that there are more cores, like the English site says? If so, what colours would be used, look at any standard colour wheel or rainbow, Red Blue and green are already taken, only Orange, Purple and Yellow are left. Not to mention we can clearly see in about 5 different forms of media now, that Zygarde has Hexagonal Cores in these 4 or 5 colours in it's chest. It's shown multiple times to be individual hexagons not just shading. So what do you think this could link to?
well, i'm not fully convinced that the other core is purple. at best i think it is indigo, however there really has never been any 'good' art that focuses on the blue side; it has almost always focused on the red side. there is still some sense: indigo/purple passes blue which would pass orange to red (and the other way). or perhaps it's a reference to visible light or rainbows, which have red and violet/indigo/whatever on opposite ends. perhaps it is truly nothing aside from a subtle nod to Game Freak's favorite primary colors, red and blue. ultimately though, as i've said before, it still doesn't explain why the red side would have matching red hexagons and the 'indigo' side would have mismatching blue hexagons. unless you wanna say it's representative of some disarray and disharmony in the ecosystem and that's just whatever. i ain't got time for that.
I'm not saying my theory or Johtohfiller 's theories or anyones theories are correct. I just wanna hear people spending more time on their own theories, rather than just focusing on the negatives of others. I feel to many people are happy to criticise others for coming up with ideas but reluctant to produce any of their own. If you're not into speculation why are you on a speculation thread?
and i'm not really saying you guys are wrong either. in all honesty, if it weren't so snarky, smarmy, or condescending, my posts to yall simply would be to the tune of "interesting, but #probablynotthatdeep"

I'm sorry, but there's a HUGE difference between logical speculation such as 'oh look, Zygarde has two different moves, perhaps it could have two forms' and speculation such as 'red hexagons in the background, hmm, it could possibly hint at Red coming back'.

ALSO, plenty of people have suggested their own theories, such as gen 6.5 but they have all been relentlessly shot down.

So please do not ask why we aren't presenting our own theories, it's been made pretty clear that they are not what you guys want because, in your eyes, they 'lack' evidence. Plenty of users have their eyes set on some form of third version and will go against everything that opposes their idea.

I hope you weren't directing that at me, cos I am fully open to the theory of Gen 6.5 . I have tried to never rubbish anyone's theories, the only time I could no longer bite my tongue was over the Gen 7 thing, because that actually became farcical, and it became almost impossible to read this thread without it being brought up (I only really mention mine for a few days). The difference between that theory and every other theory speculated on here, was that there was an incredible wall of evidence disproving it, and the supporters couldn't answer any of it apart from dismissing each brick in the wall as "not significant" and saying "well personally id like a new gen"

I don't think we will get Kanto games next, but I do acknowledge those in favour have some legit points, Gen 6.5 has some legit points, I think my Cores theory has legit points, I think @Johtohfiller had some great points. I love reading great theories, and fan speculation, and by all means this is a place for debate. But as well as tearing other people's down, why not try to build something of your own. Blowing out someone else's flame won't make yours burn any brighter.

As long as Leaf and Blue get some Gen. 6 love in their Gen. 1 outfits, I'm good. I'd love to see that infamous dress again.

Blowing out someone else's flame won't make yours burn any brighter.
Best comment by anyone in the past few weeks!

As long as Leaf and Blue get some Gen. 6 love in their Gen. 1 outfits, I'm good. I'd love to see that infamous dress again.
FireRed_LeafGreen_Leaf.png
FireRed_LeafGreen_Red.png

I'm not sure I would call her outfit infamous but it still is a solid design. I know all my friends that are girls like Leaf's design the best because it isn't overtly feminine and is the most casual out of all the player character females. I personally think that Red & Leaf are the best designed player trainers if we stand by them being actual kids. All the new players dress with such a premium look, like come back to reality and shop at the Pokemon universe's equivalent of Target/Walmart and stop getting your wardrobe from American Eagle/Abercrombie...just my opinion tho

Last edited:
Red, Brendan, Ethan and Hilbert are my favourite designs. I think they are the best male ones by far.

I'm not terribly fond of the male designs, with the exception of Brendan they all have a similar sort of look. Dark hair (usually brown or black), a baseball cap or some similar type of headwear, and some combination of red, blue, and black outfits. Boring. We need more variety in male trainer designs.

I still remember thinking Calem was Hilbert at first... They still look similar to me sometimes.

I'd say my favorite designs for the males are Ethan, Brendan, and Hilbert. The females all have unique designs/colors... It bugs me how the males don't.

only problems: 1) as you point out, the colors are of New Orleanian origins, 2) Carnival is too global of an idea to incorporate into just France, who although does have a few large celebrations, is not really known for it. i could see them maybe pulling something out like that for a Brazilian region (given that over 70% of tourism in that country is during Carnival), 3) i doubt Game Freak wants to get into a religion thing, and 4) really stretching it with the colors.

if he does it'd be independent of those hexagons (ie., a coincidence).

Like I said it's just something I thought up, I'm not totally sold on it. I see it as a possibility though. Mashing up countries is something I can see them doing - the movies have a Venice-like city off the coast of central Japan and a Spanish-like city in Hokkaido. New Orleans might be "French enough" for Game Freak. Also I have Mardi Gras on my mind since I'm from St. Louis (started as a French settlement), we have the biggest Mardi Gras in the USA after New Orleans.

Possible options:
Z - third version game (either traditional or something new)
Sequels - Sequel games to XY.
Prequels- Something new that Game Freak hasn't done yet.

Unlikely options:
Kanto remakes/sequel - RBY on virtual consoles made this a bit pointless. Plus it showed up plenty of times.
Sinnoh remakes - more likely than Kanto but we got ORAS for remakes. Maybe in 5 years.
Gen 6.5 - sounds ridiculous and pointless since gen 7 is coming after Z.
Gen 7 - most likely out this lot but still unlikely since Zygarde has been getting attention in gen 6.

The Blue/Red/Black only really started with Platinum Lucas, and lets be honest, its the best one out of the last 4 Protags, with Nate close behind. If I had to guess, XY sequels might mix things up finally. If not, then I couldn't care less. Hopefully its something really funky though. I would love it if they bring back the vest look from DP Lucas, or go for an open waistcoat+beret.

Maybe the outfits will go green for a certain legend that has been dangling in our faces with new forms...for months? Or is that too predictable Masuda...:p

... Is it February yet?

Is it?

Is it??!

I've been waiting for so long that I broke off a piece of my hair and skin, and it automatically turned into dust in the wind. I'm dying! AZ won't share his immortality with me, I need it like I need air! Sonuva freaking tarter sauce!

- The Pokemon Fandom as we know it.

Leaf's Gen 3 design was a gift from god.

Red getting new art isn't surprising though, he's one of, if not the, most popular human characters in the franchise. Sugimori has done a fair bit of anniversary art lately. He drew some for Sonic, and he's done some for Pokemon, He also drew a Chocobo for FF too. FF's 30th isn't until next year though, but w/e.

Leaf is an abomination. The skirt isbshorter then dawn's, if that's even possible, its not drawn as good as Red, and those god awful tube socks look so uncomfortable. If they try tonredrawnher taking inspiration from PokeSpe blue, which is based on the original unused design, I would be so happy.

Infamous dress?
I'm not sure I would call her outfit infamous but it still is a solid design.

I'm talking about the infamous black dress with Mickey Mouse gloves and heels. To this day, it's probably the most mature look (and I mean mature as in sophisticated, not mature as in XXX) out of any player character. Hell, she's the only one to not rock some headgear. So I would love it if we at least got some official Sugimori artwork of her in her prototype Gen. 1 design, even if we never get to play as her in said design.

latest

They should at the very least include her in the VC re-releases, it wouldn't be that hard to do, and it'd definitely be better than forcing all the girls to play as a boy for the first time since 2001.

IMO, original Red and original Leaf are one of the best designs, followed by the other two outfits (PokeSpe nostalgia, sorry). Then there are Brendan (Emerald, except for wearing pants below the pants), Gold (Ethan for ya, both GSC HGSS outfits), and maybe, maybe, Platinum Lucas. I would have liked if GF at least made Red PC wear Blue clothes in Blue (same outfit, replacing Red for Blue), Green in Green Version, and maybe yellow in Yellow version. And the same with Ruby and Sapphire, with Sapphire having Blue and Ruby having red clothing (sorry, it just buggers me a bit). Same applies for their remakes. The others I don't really care, maybe X and Y having different default outfits, but customization is a thing so whatever. Just my thoughts, thx for reading.
EDIT: Oh, and Red Mt. Silver in Gold has red clothing and in silver has blue/green clothing.

Wuh? Platinum Lucas is on the same level as Emerald Brendan. And both are way above Classic Red. Maybe that new art will give him the edge if the clothes aren't as baggy, but even then, the 3rd Version Redesigns of Gen 3 and 4 are the best in the series. Pt Lucas goes from that wierd and baggy jeans to a classy ensemble of Chinos, that bitching jacket and a nicer scarf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom