• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of all the discussions, debates and arguments that have occurred on this thread, I never for a moment thought I'd walk into a new episode of Fashion Police! ;)

Joan_FashionPolice.jpg

Joan would be proud!!! :D

I would assume with the 20th coming up, and we go back to Kalos, there will be clothing ensembles based on all the previous protags. I really loathe customization, but mixing and matching all the different clothes would be hella fun. Nates sun visor and shortd, with Calem's jacket. Oh and Lucas' bag. Oh yeah.

If customization is gonna be as bland and unsatisfactory like in XY, I'd rather have fix PC.

Especially if you could choose between ALL past PCs. Or at least the most recent design of each one.

Last edited:
In the next Kalos game Im sure there will be customization. Yeah clothing from previous protagonists would be nice as well as Pokemon based clothing. Id like to see clothing, accessory, hair etc options expand in general. It would also be nice to be able to wear "opposite gender" clothing like you can in Animal Crossing though I dont see it happening in this game or any other Pokemon game :/ Oh well I guess its not that big a deal but Id like the girl's clothing options to be better.

After much thinking there is no way Eternal Flower Floette could be the Pokémon they're revealing next month (assuming that's what they're doing). Not only would it be very anticlimactic due to us knowing about the thing for over two years but it would most likely mean that it'll be the Pokémon distributed during the airing of the film (as most of the main stars have been). I personally think it would be unjust to relegate a Pokémon so important to the story of X & Y to a simple event. I mean AZ spent 3000 years looking for Floette and we're just going to receive it straight up with no troubles. There are always two types of distributions for these movies. The first one involves pre-ordering a ticket to the film and the second one involves watching the film in theaters. I'm almost certain that Volcanion will be the latter as most of the mythical Pokémon have been. That begs the question of what the Pokémon distributed for those who pre-order a ticket to the film will be. I think it's safe to cross out all of the mythical Pokémon that are about to be distributed for the 20th anniversary. My thoughts are that there will be a new Pokémon akin to that of Lucario and Zoroark in the next film, and whatever the Pokémon is that is distributed for the pre-order of a ticket will be able to activate an event in a future game where you'll be able to obtain it. The same way one of the shiny beasts (who were a pre-order distribution) unlocked a battle with Zoroark in BW.

Wuh? Platinum Lucas is on the same level as Emerald Brendan. And both are way above Classic Red. Maybe that new art will give him the edge if the clothes aren't as baggy, but even then, the 3rd Version Redesigns of Gen 3 and 4 are the best in the series. Pt Lucas goes from that wierd and baggy jeans to a classy ensemble of Chinos, that bitching jacket and a nicer scarf.

You know that this is purely subjective? I hope yes. Emerald Brendan looked better than RS Brendan. For me PT Lucas was more weird. Liked the DP Lucas way more.
Ethan is in my opinion the best looking and smartest male protagonist for me. My opinion.

If customization is gonna be as bland and unsatisfactory like in XY, I'd rather have fix PC.

I don't know what bland and unsatisfactory mean to you. Yeah the options for the males are strikted, but there's still a decent enough amount.

Ninetendo/Game freak/TPC doesn't aknowledge that. It's still news to them.

Eternal Flower Floette is a different scenario from the Mythical Pokemon, though. They know we know it exists, but they don't acknowledge that we know we will be able to obtain it somehow. It can't really be "world changing" news and marketed off as a brand new Pokemon since it was revealed in X/Y.

Eternal Flower Floette is a different scenario from the Mythical Pokemon, though. They know we know it exists, but they don't acknowledge that we know we will be able to obtain it somehow. It can't really be "world changing" news and marketed off as a brand new Pokemon since it was revealed in X/Y.

But it might have something hidden to it. Some have speculated a Mega, or a sort of Eternal Florges. Could it be linked to the Ultimate Weapon somehow, maybe Light of Ruin is a smaller version of the ultimate weapon the extreme power and drawback suggests it is similar as well as the animation.

I don't know what bland and unsatisfactory mean to you. Yeah the options for the males are strikted, but there's still a decent enough amount.
It means that non of the many clothes combos I tried in XY satisfied me.
Whereas the only possibility in ORAS satisfied me more. It looks better for my taste. Same with Gen III Red or Hilbert. They look better than all the XY combos. I am talking about the male ones.

Why give us Trainer Customisation when the options are gonna be worse than the designs of already existing PCs?

Last edited:
I'm talking about the infamous black dress with Mickey Mouse gloves and heels. To this day, it's probably the most mature look (and I mean mature as in sophisticated, not mature as in XXX) out of any player character. Hell, she's the only one to not rock some headgear. So I would love it if we at least got some official Sugimori artwork of her in her prototype Gen. 1 design, even if we never get to play as her in said design.

latest

They should at the very least include her in the VC re-releases, it wouldn't be that hard to do, and it'd definitely be better than forcing all the girls to play as a boy for the first time since 2001.

I see no problem with something like this being in a kids' game. It's not overly mature or skimpy to the point of being inappropriate.

Why give us Trainer Customisation when the options are gonna be worse than the designs of already existing PCs?

That's based on your own personal tastes, though. I really liked some of the clothes from X/Y, despite there not being a massive anount of choice.

Besides, for their first attempt at this, it could have been a lot more limited than what it was. Hopefully they'll only expand upon it in future generations.

@BlackButterfree sometimes boys would play as girls in the games because they wanted to/feel like it and they have no problem with it.

That had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I see no problem with something like this being in a kids' game. It's not overly mature or skimpy to the point of being inappropriate.

I don't recall saying anything of the sort, though?

Interesting, you're the first person I've ever heard not like customization! Care to explain? I'm curious...
Although the PC is mute and relatively has no characterization, I find having a personalized version of you very unsetelling. I've been over it before. Take Brendan or May. Would they have been brendan and may with blonde hair and different clothing? No, they wouldn't. I always saw the PC as a blank canvas, one you create a character for, but not actually inderting yourself in the world itself. I see the personal avatar as a multiplayer feature, and not a single player feature, and as more of those crossover it disheartens me. ]

Well technically, a Pokemon when revealed or exists as an official forme when its acknowledged with a reveal, official art, and the advertisement of its usage. So far we have had none of that. Right now, its a Floette with a funky flower that belongs to AZ, and is "mysterious". It can be used for the movie and have focus on it for all we know. And as for the issue brought up on it being "handed" to us in XY and ORAS, if the games come out in June before the movie, that problem is solved. It could be traded over to the past two, after an ingame event for it has been played out. For all we know, the in-theater distro could be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom