• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the theory that they're saving much gen IV and V megas for future remakes, whereas Gen I-III mons if they don't get megas now they won't have another chance to be in the spotlight anytime soon.

Except there's already a lot of 4th gen Megas. It's 5th and 6th gen that are lacking. I don't think it's because of remakes, it's because those generations are simply too new. I think after Z and/or 7th gen we'll start to see more from those generations. They probably will save 4th and 5th gen starters and legendaries for their respective remakes though.

Can I just ask what level is this Mew, and what's the moveset, I've seen some people say it's lv 100 and only has Pound, that can't be right surely?

It is level 100 and only knows Pound, yeah.

For some reason, all the Mythical Pokemon events are level 100 with starting moves. :/

Except there's already a lot of 4th gen Megas. It's 5th and 6th gen that are lacking. I don't think it's because of remakes, it's because those generations are simply too new. I think after Z and/or 7th gen we'll start to see more from those generations. They probably will save 4th and 5th gen starters and legendaries for their respective remakes though.

I doubt mega evolutions would continue after gen 6 is over. It was stated that not all pokemon would get mega evolutions and they can't keep making mega evolutions forever. I think they should return to normal evolutions and pre-evolutions.

When was it stated that not all Pokemon would get megas? I remember quite the opposite for their reveal, that the plan is to eventually gice all Pokemon megas, and to see fan reactions for each one. And they certainly aren't gone remove the biggest change to the battles since the Physical/Special split.

I can see all or almost all of the Generation 1-4 Pokemon having Megas by the time we reach Generation 10 or whatever.

I don't recall them ever saying not all Pokemon would get Mega Evolutions - I've only heard them say what Mitchman said above.

It'd be a bad idea to stop making Mega Evolutions imo, but they should at least make pre-evolutions, maybe regular evolutions, and alternate evolutions along with the Megas.

Actually, they did say not all Pokemon would get megas. They said those Pokemon that have room for improvement in their designs would get one.

Last edited:
I doubt mega evolutions would continue after gen 6 is over. It was stated that not all pokemon would get mega evolutions and they can't keep making mega evolutions forever. I think they should return to normal evolutions and pre-evolutions.
Why would they stop? I can see it continuing on next gen and I very much doubt all the Pokemon that could use them are going to get them in the next Kalos game.

I disagree with ya about Gen IV Megas... Only Garchomp, Lucario, and Abomasnow were in XY, and Lopunny and Gallade in ORAS. 5 is not a huge number compared to the whopping 20-19 Hoenn Megas and 14-15 Kanto ones. Johto also suffers as much as Sinnoh (Scizor, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Houndoom, and Heracross are the only Johto Megas, same number as with Sinnoh. But I agree there are too little Unova and Kalos Megas, but that can be explained because they are the 2 newest regions.

Actually, they did say not all Pokemon would get megas. They said those Pokemon that have room for improvement in their designs would get one.
I really need a source on this. Not to be anal, but I would remember the appropriate sized shitstorm would follow such a statement considering the reaction the fandom can have to something on a much smaller scale. But I do concede that some Pokemon will be impossible to imagine having megas, like for example Mega Mamoswine. What in god's name could they do there?

In general, I do think we will eventually see new Pre-Evolutions or evolutions in general along with megas. There are

I really need a source on this. Not to be anal, but I would remember the appropriate sized shitstorm would follow such a statement considering the reaction the fandom can have to something on a much smaller scale. But I do concede that some Pokemon will be impossible to imagine having megas, like for example Mega Mamoswine. What in god's name could they do there?

In general, I do think we will eventually see new Pre-Evolutions or evolutions in general along with megas. There are
Don't have the source, sorry.

I disagree with ya about Gen IV Megas... Only Garchomp, Lucario, and Abomasnow were in XY, and Lopunny and Gallade in ORAS. 5 is not a huge number compared to the whopping 20-19 Hoenn Megas and 14-15 Kanto ones. Johto also suffers as much as Sinnoh (Scizor, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Houndoom, and Heracross are the only Johto Megas, same number as with Sinnoh. But I agree there are too little Unova and Kalos Megas, but that can be explained because they are the 2 newest regions.

4th gen is also the next candidate for a remake, so it'll probably get a significant bump then. 2nd gen though, there's no game in sight related to Johto so it'd be tougher. 7th gen would probably be the best time to revisit 2nd gen, since they can do the same thing there that they did with the 1st gen starters and Mewtwo in XY.

Anyway, for Z I think they'll focus on 1st, 2nd, some 5th, and a few key 6th gen Pokemon for Megas.

They never said any of that. And why would you assume Mega Evolutions are replacing cross-gen evolutions? If that were the case, Sylveon would've never been made. They can co-exist peacefully, thank you very much.

Nah, Megas allow them to take an old Pokémon and make money off of them and that's something GF will never let go of. Especially since it could be used to get people to buy remakes and even more merchandise of said Pokémon.

Actually I do recall some statement or interview (around XY iirc) where it was said that not all Pokemon will be able to Mega Evolve. But I honestly can't be bothered looking for it. There's a chance it might have meant that not all Pokemon in XY will be able to Mega Evolve - which is true - and not that they won't get Megas at all.

However they have gone on record after ORAS saying they've rejected some Pokemon for Mega Evolution because they considered the designs complete/unable to progress. I think that was the same time the Mega Flygon decision came to light. Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out to be some of my favourites that were rejected.

Then I want my mega typholsion in Z ;_;

There's honestly a bunch of stuff in Gen II that could use Megas. I know the #1 on every person's list is the adored fan favourite Stantler!

There's honestly a bunch of stuff in Gen II that could use Megas. I know the #1 on every person's list is the adored fan favourite Stantler!
I hope that was sarcasm xD

I'd put Ledian, Sunflora, Girafarig, Noctowl, Magcargo, Lugia, and Ho-oh over Stantler.

I'd put Ledian, Sunflora, Girafarig, Noctowl, Magcargo, Lugia, and Ho-oh over Stantler.

I wasn't being serious, the poor thing is universally hated. If people aren't complaining about Stantler's face they are poking fun at its ass. It's a rough life.

Ledian, Sunflora, Girafarig and Noctowl are solid choices though and I wouldn't begrudge Magcargo either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom