• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly didn't like having Sylveon tied to Amie because of how positively tedious it was, though I still wanted to raise one for my in-game team. Adding another 46+ Pokemon to that list doesn't sound appealing to me. Even more so considering how busted the benefits of Amie can already be, like the free Focus Band, free Shed Skin, increased crit chance, etc. I'd rather just have it as something to do at my leisure, or when I want to reward the crew for a good battle or something. An Amie-exclusive "Mega" or transformation is a nice idea in its concept (or in the TV show), but I'm not sure I like how it sounds from a gameplay perspective.

I think you may be looking at this wrong. It might not be an oversight but part of 1 continuous story. So they are showing how it went from requiring stones to not requiring stones. Not necesarily an oversight, they've just not finished telling us the full story yet.

And there is so much in XY that gives this vibe. that we are halfway through the story.
I can agree, although at the same time...I feel like where we're at now almost renders the introduction null, and raises more questions than what we started with.

I mean...If Mega Evolutions aren't quite a by product of the stones or AZ's Weapon exclusively (given that Ray has the potential to Mega in its very biology, and Mega Stones in ORAS being implied to have come as meteor fragments), then whats the relationship between the Weapon, and the Keystones and Mega Stones that arrived from outer space?

But then of course Z could be a rewrite like the other 3rd versions, and/or just follow what ORAS set forth. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Wait, isn't Mega Rayquaza the only known Meteorite Mega Stone? I mean, I thought the rest of the megastones were like the Kalos ones, as a redult of the Infinite Weapon.

Wait, isn't Mega Rayquaza the only known Meteorite Mega Stone? I mean, I thought the rest of the megastones were like the Kalos ones, as a redult of the Infinite Weapon.
Didn't the Ultimate Weapon destroy the meteor from which Hoenn Mega stones came to be? (correct me if I'm wrong)

In that case, Hoenn and Kalos Mega Stones come from the same source (the weapon's energy).

More mega evolutions with less mega stones would be a welcome change. Can't have a stone for everything, otherwise you're littering regions with that shit.

I've been wondering how they'll handle this.

My idea/solution to this was to have a series of mega stones based on the Pokemon's types - and they mega evolve when given the right stone matching their primary type. You'd only have a set of 18 stones to collect then, maybe more if more types are added later.
Example: Charizard with a Fire-type mega stone mega evolves into Mega Charizard Y.

However, for mons with more than one mega, they use a stone corresponding with their secondary typing to use their second mega.
Example: Mewtwo with a Fighting type mega stone mega evolves into Mega Mewtwo X.

Its definitely implied that there are others. The player's mom finds Latiasite/Latiosite sitting in the yard specifically after the Litleonid Meteor Shower. "Remember the night you went to see the star show? Well, I found this in the grass out front the next morning!"

Gardevoite and perhaps even Wally's Galladite/Keystone are found with a very similar line of dialogue from Wanda, though its after the Primals have been stopped. "Do you remember how light came falling out of the sky a while ago? I found this in the yard that day. Actually, I found two, and gave the other to Wally."

And
when Professor Cozmo gives you the Galladite, he says he found it during excavation at Meteor Falls. Which of course is where...Well, "meteoroids once fell in their multitude", and all that according to Zinnia's story.

Didn't the Ultimate Weapon destroy the meteor from which Hoenn Mega stones came to be? (correct me if I'm wrong)
I don't think there's a mention of that...

Oh wait... new speculation theory: what if Brendan/ May by riding Mega Rayquaza in space, and breaking the huge meteorite in pieces... created new Mega Stones?

Maybe we created new Mega Stones during the Delta Episode, and we aren't aware of it... Those could be obtainable in the next game!

I hope they mention Brendan/ May in game as the hero who stopped the meteorite and saved the world, just how Red is mentioned in the Johto games to have stopped Team Rocket, or the BW pc is constantly mentioned in B2W2 as a hero etc.

Last edited:
Well if the Hoenn stones are from a meteorite and the sundial is made from the same material as the stones, or near to it, wouldn't that mean the sundial is a meteorite as well? I think its simple really, the infinite weapon radiated the entire planet and then some, took down a couple of meteors for good measure, and now the rocks floating around the planet have mega stones in em. Not aliens, just an incredibly ridiculous piece of technology that thankfully was destroyed once and for all.

2021 - new Gen 8 pair

I don't think that. 2021 is the 25th anniversary and the most important anniversary for the next 25 years until the 50th. I am pretty sure they will remake Gen 1 in 2021.

There are two possiblities for the next years:

2017 - 7th gen
2018 - Break/DP remake
2019 - DP Remakes (5 years rhythm for remakes)/Break
2020 - 7th gen third/sequels.
2021 - Gen 1 remake
2022 - 8th gen

That would be the first 5 years generation.

2017 - 7th gen
2018 - DP remakes
2019 - third/sequel
2020- 8th gen
2021 - Gen 1 remake

3 years generation as a "bridge" to the new handheld. It all depends if the next gen is for the 3DS or the next handheld. Possiblity 2 is more unlikely, since they need a year break every few years. Or they save DP remakes and remake Gen 1 first in 2021 with the DP Remakes coming afterwards in Gen 8 together with Gen 1 remake making gen 8 a 5 years gen, but that would be a very long wait until then. And a new gen on 2020 on the new handheld would be very late.
Out of all possiblities, I can see my first prediction happening.

Gen 7 on NX from 2017-2021, with a break in 2019 is the most likely scenario, if gen 7 happen as expected. But even then, we have no idea what entails for NX, so who knows how generations will be handled after this one.

I think a lot of people don't know what "casual" and "hardcore" mean.

Casual fans are the fans that play through the story and they are done with the game once the credits roll. Also the ones that only get a Pokemon game because why not.

Hardcore fans, are not only those who play competitively (like me), but also the ones that keep playing well into the postgame, challenge all the post game activities, and keep playing the game until the next Pokemon game comes out, and even keep playing it after that as well.

All Competitive players count as hard core fans, but not all hard core fans have to be competitive players.

And I am a competitive breeder myself.

Last edited:
Damn straight. I rarely enter competitons, dabble a slight amount in online battles, and the extent of my online experience is with wonder trading 10 boxes worth of DexNav captures. I really like the games, and the world is all.

Y'know... I wonder how the Cores/Zygarde would be handled in terms of trading or how many we can have. We can have more than one Zygarde 50% in X/Y and OR/AS.

Would they be handled sort of like Kyurem's formes? Or could it be possible to have two Red Zygarde Cores for example?

Part of me hopes they don't go the same way they did with Black and White Kyurem, I was a bit disappointed that it's impossible to have both in one game. xD

Y'know... I wonder how the Cores/Zygarde would be handled in terms of trading or how many we can have. We can have more than one Zygarde 50% in X/Y and OR/AS.

Would they be handled sort of like Kyurem's formes? Or could it be possible to have two Red Zygarde Cores for example?

Part of me hopes they don't go the same way they did with Black and White Kyurem, I was a bit disappointed that it's impossible to have both in one game. xD
That's because when the ram/Rom is absorbed its data needs to be stored somewhere and obviously there's a little slot for like the one, but can't do more than that as otherwise there may be confusion when one splits which ram/Rom to put back etc

I've been wondering how they'll handle this.

My idea/solution to this was to have a series of mega stones based on the Pokemon's types - and they mega evolve when given the right stone matching their primary type. You'd only have a set of 18 stones to collect then, maybe more if more types are added later.
Example: Charizard with a Fire-type mega stone mega evolves into Mega Charizard Y.

However, for mons with more than one mega, they use a stone corresponding with their secondary typing to use their second mega.
Example: Mewtwo with a Fighting type mega stone mega evolves into Mega Mewtwo X.
Make the plates do that.

Nope. Nope. Nope. I'm done with them catering to casuals and simplicity.

Agreed 100%. I'm sick of their catering to casual players. Part of the point of casual players is that they don't care. As long as the standard game is there, it's good enough. Catering to casuals instead of their dedicated fanbase is just disappointing and a little insulting. They could include a boatload of things for more intense players that we would all love, and it wouldn't make a difference to casuals. It's the pandering to casuals that is holding the series back.

Does anyone feel that Feb/March could be the time for a new game announcement? I am keeping expectations low, but I have recently been sensing a lot of build up that I wonder may be culminating in some big news within the coming weeks.

We obviously know that CoroCoro promised us some groundbreaking (movie?) news in the upcoming issue, but apart from that the 20th Anniversary celebrations are up and running with a bang, the XYZ anime arc has reached a pivotal stage in Japan, and the US will begin to air the arc on the 20th Feb. To my mind there is only so long that Zygarde's new formes and Ash-Greninja can be teased before we are shown how (if at all) they will integrate into the game-verse.

If i'm not barking up the wrong tree with my suspicions, I feel that an announcement this month (or next) would have fans enthused so close to the VC release of the Gen 1 games on the 20th Anniversary date proper. Not to mention that the Superbowl advert could stir dormant emotions within Pokemon players of old, and announcing a new main series title soon afterwards would be such a good PR opportunity.

And just my two cents, but I'm getting really sick of seeing negative connotations being thrown around about the "casual" players. Gee, I'm sorry that I have a life outside of the Pokemon fandom, but I don't think that should mean I'm not a "true" fan because I don't have the time to do all the extra "hardcore" stuff. I've been playing these damn games since Crystal, and I will continue to play Pokemon until I turn into a senile old lady who sits in a nursing home, driving the nursing staff completely bonkers with my ramblings about Genwunners and Mudkipz.

I think you're taking it the wrong way. We, or at least I, do not have any problems with casual players. By your definition, I am a pretty casual player as well. But we don't have problems with casuals. We have a big problem with GameFreak catering to casual players, and the casual market, and making the games too easy and two dimensional when, in reality, we can all mostly agree that we would like to see bigger, deeper games with a lot more effort put into making them. Lately, they've seemingly gotten a bit complacent and basic in their development, even including their outward message to fans about wanting to appeal more to casual and smartphone type markets. And some of us are tired of that. But casual players themselves are not a problem. More the merrier.

Then you're not a casual. :rolleyes:
I think as soon as you log onto a fan forum, you're pretty much branded like a miltank as hardcore and any casual label is gone :ROFLMAO:
I think a lot of people don't know what "casual" and "hardcore" mean.

Casual fans are the fans that play through the story and they are done with the game once the credits roll. Also the ones that only get a Pokemon game because why not.

Hardcore fans, are not only those who play competitively (like me), but also the ones that keep playing well into the postgame, challenge all the post game activities, and keep playing the game until the next Pokemon game comes out, and even keep playing it after that as well.

All Competitive players count as hard core fans, but not all hard core fans have to be competitive players.

And I am a competitive breeder myself.

Actually, this! All this! Way better than what I just said before. None of us here are really casuals XD

This is right. You're not even a casual, and neither am I really. There's a difference. When you're obsessed enough to play every game, and love the series as a loyal fan, to the point of even registering on a Pokemon dedicated forum, and idea of being a casual is out the window! XD

And it's fantastic.

Last edited:
Does anyone feel that Feb/March could be the time for a new game announcement? I am keeping expectations low, but I have recently been sensing a lot of build up that I wonder may be culminating in some big news within the coming weeks.

We obviously know that CoroCoro promised us some groundbreaking (movie?) news in the upcoming issue, but apart from that the 20th Anniversary celebrations are up and running with a bang, the XYZ anime arc has reached a pivotal stage in Japan, and the US will begin to air the arc on the 20th Feb. To my mind there is only so long that Zygarde's new formes and Ash-Greninja can be teased before we are shown how (if at all) they will integrate into the game-verse.

If i'm not barking up the wrong tree with my suspicions, I feel that an announcement this month (or next) would have fans enthused so close to the VC release of the Gen 1 games on the 20th Anniversary date proper. Not to mention that the Superbowl advert could stir dormant emotions within Pokemon players of old, and announcing a new main series title soon afterwards would be such a good PR opportunity.
Yeah, I think we are looking at either a Nintendo Direct reveal, I have my reasons why I think one is coming this month and I do believe its going to be in the later half of the month, or an announcement online much like ORAS. Its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom