• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But you're free to expect an announcement on the 27th even though they haven't promised anything. I am more interested in the movie news.

I didn't say I was expecting anything... all I'm saying is that it wouldn't be a bad thing to do, it wouldn't do any harm at all to anybody. I can see them doing it for a few reasons, but I'm not actually expecting them to do it.

But you're free to nitpick at small parts of my posts and put words into my mouth like you do with everybody else.

I'm pretty sure Rapunzel and Flynn in Frozen is actually a canonical appearance after Tangled and not an easter egg like the cups from Beauty and the beast. And even then, Tarzan is like the last movie in the timeline. I'm not joking, there is an actual timeline to the Disney movies.

Of course there's a timeline. They usually tend to happen in the same time their source material was either written (like The Little Mermaid, which takes place in the 1830's canonically since Ariel meets her author the year before her movie, in her prequel tv show) or in the time the story takes place (like Hunchback taking place in the 1400's but being written in the 1830's).

But the last one is either Wreck-It Ralph, which takes place in 2012, or Big Hero 6, which is implied to happen in real time. If you consider the 15-ish Pixar movies as Disney canon, then Wall-E is the latest, taking place like... 800 years from now. And the earliest is Hercules (strictly Disney) and The Good Dinosaur (Disney + Pixar).

But yes, Rapunzel is Elsa and Anna's maternal cousin (their mother is her father's sister). Her showing up at Elsa's coronation is to pay respects to her aunt and uncle, who died on the way to her wedding with Flynn. And the director of Frozen (who worked on Tarzan) confirmed Tarzan is the younger brother of Elsa and Anna, his parents are theirs.

Anyway, I highly doubt the Ghost Girl is an Easter Egg. They're definitely hinting at something with her.

Omg yeeeees, this would be amazing too. A grown up Bonnie would be fun to see.

I can't imagine dorky Clemont as a champion, it's just too cute.

And his ace being Mega Luxray I hope ^^

Anyway hoping on an announcement pretty soon. I would personally love the whole "Southern Kalos Gen 6.5" approach, with like 50 new pokemon (Another eeveelution to balance out sylveon, because that was the case in all gens except 6, maybe dragon?) and some cool new megas, I would LOVE that. Also I like the concept of a follow up, with all the chars from XY being older and stuff, loved that about BW2 and would love it here.

If they were sequels, I'm still not certain what the names could be... XZ YZ? Z Red Z Blue (Cores and 20 year anniversary)? Xequel and Yequel? (okay now its getting dumb xD)

Anyway, an announcement on the very of RGBY's VC release would be too distracting. If anything, the announcement should take place around two weeks earlier so that people can still focus the old games when they're released.

I agree with this personally. There is already so much happening on the 27th - so much so that I can't imagine Game Freak/TPCi wanting a scenario where one event overshadows another, which a new game announcement obviously would. It seems like they are painting the Gen 1 VC releases as a huge deal so i'd imagine that they want to ensure as many sales of those on the day as possible.

An announcement on the 27th can't be ruled out just yet, but I think that hearing some main series news would fit a lot better either side of the date from a marketing perspective. I have fingers crossed for something close to this month's CoroCoro landing, as that would definitely hype people up in time for the 20th Anniversary.

Whether on the 27th or not, I can definitely agree that an announcement might be coming this month or next! It just feels right.

But yes, Rapunzel is Elsa and Anna's maternal cousin (their mother is her father's sister). Her showing up at Elsa's coronation is to pay respects to her aunt and uncle, who died on the way to her wedding with Flynn. And the director of Frozen (who worked on Tarzan) confirmed Tarzan is the younger brother of Elsa and Anna, his parents are theirs.

Lol, no.

A show on the UK channel Sky One aired last year called 'The Great Disney Easter Egg Hunt'. They had a couple of interviewees from Disney's animation department who were laughing with delight that so many people had found the easter eggs, and confirming that this is all done as a) inside jokes for the dept and/or b) little treats for eagle-eyed fans to spot. They explained that animation can be a repetitive, dull, lengthy process and they like to have a little fun with it sometimes. It was never intended to spiral out of control into 'omg - these characters are all related! it's canon confirmed!'.

Rapunzel being Anna and Elsa's cousin is a fan theory - she and Flynn cameo only as a brief easter egg. (This was actually one of the easter eggs on the show that was discussed).

And the director of Frozen said 'in my head Tarzan and, Anna and Elsa are related'. He said it long after Frozen had been written, produced and released. That does not make it canon. He's essentially saying 'that's how I personally like to think of it.' Never mind the many reasons why it couldn't possibly be true, but hey, whatever floats (or sinks!) his boat... :p If someone - anyone - wants to believe a fan theory, fine. But it's not canon. (I'd also like to point out that his wife, fellow screenplay writer and director of Frozen, insists it is his theory, not hers!).

Consider the Pokemon World Tournament. It exists as the biggest fanservice-y pot of gold GF have perhaps ever given us, but it doesn't exactly fit into canon, does it? It can't. Why haven't the older PCs aged? Why would Giovanni come out of hiding for a massively showy tournament? How are all the gyms across the regions coping if all the leaders are in Unova permanently? etc etc We're just supposed to see it, enjoy it and not think about it too much.

Sorry to go off-topic, but I had to correct that common misconception. Fan theories are fun but don't get them confused with fact. Personally I don't understand why some fans have to make a long and complicated theory out of everything to enjoy it? Just, like, a carving of Sully is on display at the Witch's hut in Brave. Don't try to force it into canon where it wasn't meant to fit - just smile because it's like the animators stepping out from behind the scenes to wink at you!

For similar reasons (game development must get boooooring sometimes) I reckon GF do put little things into the game just to cheer themselves up. Whether the ghost girl is one, or will develop into a story, I'm not sure...

Is no one going to mention the fact the English title of the first ep of the XYZ series has been changed? It was originally titled The Explosive birth of Zygarde, which was quite similar to the Japanese one apart from removing the bit about lurking in Kalos and having Zygarde instead of Z.

Now the title has been changed to From A to Z.

Could this be hinting at something? Why bring up A to Z? It makes even less sense than the titles referencing birth.

Could it link into the games perhaps Pokemon AZ, like when the dub had that really cheesey joke in Sinnoh just before BW "maybe its gold or silver or ruby or sapphires or diamond and pearls... No it's not all Black and white"

Could be random coincidence just found it weird to change the title so late in the process and make it even less relevant to the episode

They could also just be making a pun, they're no strangers to punny titles.

But it is strange that they changed it.

Could be random coincidence just found it weird to change the title so late in the process and make it even less relevant to the episode
XY_AZ.png

A and Z would make sense, its a multifaceted title if you think about it. Aster and Zinnia, AZ the King of Kalos, and AZ is the Latin-Roman equivalent of Alpha and Omega. Only thing is, if Zygarde is the Z what does A represent? It can't be Arceus, as its the creator of the universe, and certainly Zygarde is not the destroyer of the universe, and i doubt we'll ever get that. But, what if its conceptually like Arceus? We have all been considering Zygarde as the Trio master, but what if its not a Trio Member? What if the 3rd member is actually a new exclusive legend from a new portion of the region not covered yet. It would be based on the letter A of course, and be a middle ground between Xerneas and Yveltal. Its typing would be Fairy/Dark and have levitate as its ability. Basically, Zygarde can neutralize it as well. Also, having the 3rd member in one game while the 4th and master in the other could offer a cool storyline between the two. Crazy I know, but its definitely something we haven't considered.

A and Z would make sense, its a multifaceted title if you think about it. Aster and Zinnia, AZ the King of Kalos, and AZ is the Latin-Roman equivalent of Alpha and Omega. Only thing is, if Zygarde is the Z what does A represent? It can't be Arceus, as its the creator of the universe, and certainly Zygarde is not the destroyer of the universe, and i doubt we'll ever get that. But, what if its conceptually like Arceus? We have all been considering Zygarde as the Trio master, but what if its not a Trio Member? What if the 3rd member is actually a new exclusive legend from a new portion of the region not covered yet. It would be based on the letter A of course, and be a middle ground between Xerneas and Yveltal. Its typing would be Fairy/Dark and have levitate as its ability. Basically, Zygarde can neutralize it as well. Also, having the 3rd member in one game while the 4th and master in the other could offer a cool storyline between the two. Crazy I know, but its definitely something we haven't considered.

Ooohhhh... I see what you're saying. Like how Arceus is the Trio Master for Dialga/Giratina/Palkia and the Lake Guardians? That would be interesting and quite surprising; everybody expects a 3rd version Z with Zygarde as the mascot because of all the hype and merchandising, but then GF throws a curveball and introduces a new Legendary that acts as the Trio Master to Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

But... wouldn't there have to be existing hidden game data, like how hackers were able to find the existence of Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion?

But... wouldn't there have to be existing hidden game data, like how hackers were able to find the existence of Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion?

Don't think there has to be tbh. They've had OR/AS Megas, Primals, and Hoopa Unbound which aren't even hinted at in X/Y's data. The next step after formes is brand new species, yeah?

I think it'd be a nice idea... They'd be ruining it if they put the however many new Pokemon in X/Y's data and haven't released them.

And his ace being Mega Luxray I hope ^^

That's one thing I always found weird about them giving Clemont a Luxray - it's not in the Kalos dex. I remember a lot of us thinking it would be getting a Mega in ORAS and that's why it was given to him, but of course we were wrong.

Clemont being champion would be too similar to Iris becoming champion in B2w2 for my tastes. Definitely give Diantha the boot though because she's terrible.

Edit: Oops, I meant Kalos not Unova. Must have Gen V on the brain.

Last edited:
I actually think the champion in a sequel would be Korrina, with Mega Lucario. As for the gym either a new leader entirely like Juan or the old guy mega evolution guru takes over. Or if there's more gyms in Kalos just close Shakour Gym

Zinnia's original name is Higana and Aster's name is Shigana, so they don't really count. Just saying.

But aren't they both flowers? Y'know, like how Floette holds a flower? And like how in Y version, its flower is the exact same one the Ultimate Weapon turns into? And Lysandre's Japanese name is also a flower? And the hint that we got about 2016 is all about flowers? I see a connection brewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom