• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What !Z! said. It might suck as an ability, but its the only ability that thematically fits with Luxray. Unless its X-Ray eyes can be stretched as a concept to give it the ability Sniper. But even then, it will have the mega stone, so no scope lens to help it out, and focus energy is a one time deal, so I would think its a waste of a mega for a critical hit setup.

Well they could change Luxray quite significantly if they have a specific theme for it. For example Mega Heracross becomes some sort of mecha-thing and so Skill Link fits it while not really fitting regular Heracross. Its brother from another mother Pinsir gets Aerilate and the Flying type which is a huge change from regular Pinsir. So the ability could be whatever new theme they want for it.

Also abilities like:
-Tinted Lens (focuses on its eyes)
-Analytic (it can hunt and see through walls)
-Infiltrator (predator with keen senses)
-even Guts/Intimidate (already has them, aren't too overboard while still useful)
-Strong Jaw is ok too I suppose, stronger Electric STAB that doesn't have recoil isn't terrible

all fit it currently if it's just a linear Mega like some are. And that's without me looking at a list of abilities. Oh and Defiant and Competitive also seem pretty generic in thay they could have wide application.

Plus Megas are made for the metagame and pretty much no one in VGC uses evasion or accuracy dropping strategies enough - while it was complained about, at least Inner Focus on Gallade makes it so it can't be flinched by Fake Out or Rock Slide which are huge in VGC (especially Fake Out). So there's some actual merit to it in the official VGC format. Keen Eye? Not so much.

I hope whichever major characters have new Megas in the next game get artwork like Wally + Mega Gallade and Steven + Mega Metagross were gifted. That artwork is rad. I was really hoping Wallace + Mega Milotic was coming back during ORAS pre-release but it never did. Shame we didn't get Archie + Sharpedo and Maxie + Camerupt art though :(

@Zeb If they make Mega Luxray Electric/Dark, Strong Jaw would also boost Crucnh giving Luxray a powerful Dark type STAB as well. Now I'm no competitive expert, but between those two moves getting STAB boost AND Strong Jaw boost, plus an already high 120 Attack getting boosted even further (probably around 150+), that sounds like the makings of an offensive powerhouse.

Thing is... if they are gonna introduce new Pokemon, why not make a new generation too? Unless we are talking about a really small amount of new mons... like 15 or 20.

@Zeb If they make Mega Luxray Electric/Dark, Strong Jaw would also boost Crucnh giving Luxray a powerful Dark type STAB as well. Now I'm no competitive expert, but between those two moves getting STAB boost AND Strong Jaw boost, plus an already high 120 Attack getting boosted even further (probably around 150+), that sounds like the makings of an offensive powerhouse.

Yeah it would definitely work.

Strong Jaw Crunch would be a spammable STAB move, especially with Dark being such a potent offensive type this gen, and 97 BP Thunder Fang is miles better than 90 BP Wild Charge thanks to higher BP, no recoil and a chance to paralyze and/or flinch. Superpower and Strong Jaw Ice Fang/Fire Fang would round out really nice coverage. It would just need to pray for a good Speed increase because it's a bit too slow at 70 with no good priority and no boosting move.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Electric/Dark typing for Luxray, but that's just me, I know the Dark typing being added to it is a popular request and if it happened I'd go with the flow because at least Luxray would stand out from its other Electric brethren. If they make it part Dark I'd at least like to see them add Pursuit (which totally fits a predator like Luxray anyway) just so it has some extra moves to abuse. Trapping Psychics and Ghosts is a big use for Dark types.

That's true, I was just saying that A of Aster and Z and Zinnia don't add up to the overall AZ connection.

For AZ, we have AZ himself, project AZOTH and presumed Alpha/Omega connection.

I am so pumped.

That's a guarantee, the movie after the year off always have whatever is the focus of the next games, either be it new formes or the mythical, like how Deoxys, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Diance, and Hoopa were the stars of their movies. Its why its so weird that Volcanion is the December reveal, cause whenever the event mon isn't the star, its cause a next generation Pokemon is stealing the spotlight. Which something in itself will likely become a broken pattern, as I honestly believe gen 7 is not gonna happen this year, and I doubt that after 2 gens of being quiet till the release year, and in general Nintendo's policy on short reveal to launch periods nowadays, that we will see a gen 7 Pokemon 20 months out. I could be wrong, but I do believe uf gen 7 were coming, we would know by now. So yeah, the news next week is gonna be huge, cause its either gonna be a gen 7 Pokemon or a new mega/forme for some other Pokemon then Volcanion that no one expects, which will obviously give us speculation fuel.

Hm, is the reason why Kalos had the shortest amount of new Pokemon since Western Europe doesn't seem to be known for its native biodiversity, while invasive species survive very well?

Hm, is the reason why Kalos had the shortest amount of new Pokemon since Western Europe doesn't seem to be known for its native biodiversity, while invasive species survive very well?
doubtful. few countries are truly known for their biodiversity beyond the smattering of megadiverse countries. more than likely it was a way to balance new Pokemon (72) with new Mega Evolutions (28 ish?). with the two combined Kalos may still be the fewest number of Pokemon introduced, though it is still tied with Johto and is also not that far behind most other games.

Thing is... if they are gonna introduce new Pokemon, why not make a new generation too? Unless we are talking about a really small amount of new mons... like 15 or 20.

Yeah I think we are expecting a small number, I'd say around 28, not another 72 or something.

I don't think so. Gen 7 would be either after Z or it would happen by the time June comes without a gen 6 main game announcement. It makes no sense to put new pokemon into a gen 6 game if gen 7 is the directly after it.

I don't think so. Gen 7 would be either after Z or it would happen by the time June comes without a gen 6 main game announcement. It makes no sense to put new pokemon into a gen 6 game if gen 7 is the directly after it.

Yes, but then you could argue that new megas in ORAS are pointless and should have been saved for Gen 7, primals too. I've said before I think ORAS was their testing ground to see how we reacted to the awkward compatibility between XY & ORAS.

18-28 new Pokémon is my hope, and they don't even have to reveal them all before the game, just a few and some more details.
Trust me, by the time you're back on here speculating for Gen 7, you will have used and abused those 18-28 potential new Southern Kalos Pokémon.

It's basically a tried and true move already, and sure, some people complain about wanting to play with ORAS megas in XY, well now you get to play with them in Kalos in the potential 'Z', yay, everybody wins. (Along with those new Pokémon and megas too), boom, epic Kalos finale.

You're pretty much shooting down the whole Generation 6.5 idea every single time someone mentions it. It's possible for them to have saved the 20~30 or so new Pokemon for whatever the next Kalos game is. I get there's the problem of them only having their time to shine in one game, but that doesn't mean you should shoot it down imo.

Yes, but then you could argue that new megas in ORAS are pointless and should have been saved for Gen 7, primals too. I've said before I think ORAS was their testing ground to see how we reacted to the awkward compatibility between XY & ORAS.

18-28 new Pokémon is my hope, and they don't even have to reveal them all before the game, just a few and some more details.
Trust me, by the time you're back on here speculating for Gen 7, you will have used and abused those 18-28 potential new Southern Kalos Pokémon.

It's basically a tried and true move already, and sure, some people complain about wanting to play with ORAS megas in XY, well now you get to play with them in Kalos in the potential 'Z', yay, everybody wins. (Along with those new Pokémon and megas too), boom, epic Kalos finale.

Mega evolutions are different. They are not actual new pokemon but stronger forms of the pokemon. If they include new pokemon right before gen 7, I would catch them and then release them because they had ruined the game for me. It is a waste of new pokemon and saying gen 6.5 sounds ridiculous.

You're pretty much shooting down the whole Generation 6.5 idea every single time someone mentions it. It's possible for them to have saved the 20~30 or so new Pokemon for whatever the next Kalos game is. I get there's the problem of them only having their time to shine in one game, but that doesn't mean you should shoot it down imo.

I am going by logic and it is not logical to introduce new pokemon when gen 7 could be coming after Z.

Mega evolutions are different. They are not actual new pokemon but stronger forms of the pokemon. If they include new pokemon right before gen 7, I would catch them and then release them because they had ruined the game for me.

So in a game about going around and exploring discovering and capturing new creatures. Adding new creatures would ruin it for you?

So in a game about going around and exploring discovering and capturing new creatures. Adding new creatures would ruin it for you?

It doesn't make sense to put new pokemon in the current generation. Gen 7 is not that far away and they should save new pokemon for gen 7.

tumblr_lt90m5oX7e1r3ty02o1_500.gif

What sounds ridiculous is your ignorance and close-mindedness. How could a game from a franchise where we have to study and record recently discovered magical creatures be ruined for you because they stuck to their premise... and added NEW CREATURES?

I could deal with it if people were talking to you, but no. You have to shoot down people's ideas when they're engaged in conversation between themselves. That's just rude and disrespectful.

If GameFreak wants to do a Gen. 6.5, then they'll do a Gen. 6.5 and nothing you say can ever discredit that possibility.

1. Accept that it's a perfectly valid possibility. It's entirely within the realm of reason.
  2. Embrace your opinion, no one's saying you can't have it. Just that it's wrong.
  3. Let other people have their opinions. Stop acting like you know better. You don't. This is like when you said we weren't going to see Kanto again this generation, and look. Later this month we're getting Kanto re-releases.

First, don't insult me. I am open minded but I am also logical. I am not trying to shoot ideas down but I find some of them illogical. The only one being rude and disrespectful is you for calling me ignorant and close minded. I don't act like I know better and I appreciate it if you don't insult me with words like ignorant and close minded. We had Kanto four generations in a row plus RBY are going on virtual console. Gen 6.5 doesn't sound right because gen 7 seems to be coming closer to us.

We know...the circles...they are happening...again...o_O

Crop circles...

Oh god...

It's a sign of when Hoardes of giant Clefairy, Solorock and Beheeyem will come straight out of the Pacific Ocean off the eastern coast of Japan, and start destroying our cities and probing us with metal rods. Dammit, I figured it out. Game Freak is orchestrating a Poke-invasion, and they'll use Team Flare as their scapegoat when confronted by the United Nations. Don't you get it? That's what the "major announcement that will affect the entire world" is in CoroCoro; it's a message to Earth from a Poke-alien world, asking for our surrender. The Delta Episode was just the tip of the iceberg, you guys.

Crop circles...

Oh god...

It's a sign of when Hoardes of giant Clefairy, Solorock and Beheeyem will come straight out of the Pacific Ocean off the eastern coast of Japan, and start destroying our cities and probing us with metal rods. Dammit, I figured it out. Game Freak is orchestrating a Poke-invasion, and they'll use Team Flare as their scapegoat when confronted by the United Nations. Don't you get it? That's what the "major announcement that will affect the entire world" is in CoroCoro; it's a message to Earth from a Poke-alien world, asking for our surrender. The Delta Episode was just the tip of the iceberg, you guys.

I've always wanted for them to make an Alien type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom