• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I found something interesting. ORAS' soundtrack has one track named... AZOTH.

I think it's a track of Zinnia. Suspicious...

Very suspicious indeed! :) Am so hyped! Managed to avoid it in January, but couldn't hold it off forever.

Yeah it's gonna be movie news but it should give us some inclination about the direction we are going in with the next main series game at the same time. Well, hopefully. As long as we aren't being lead down the garden path.
A new Pokemon gets revealed, the internet goes into a giant buzz until the official website update, and an extra blurb pops up, denoting that a "New Pokemon has appeared in Kalos. What other new species are in this secluded corner of the region." And then basically chaos on the forums till the games get revealed.

Question: Why was the hoops in ORAS still around if Hoopa is not in the region? Surely it would of taken the hoops with it when it left the region. Anyway, whether there is a gen 6.5, gen 7 or just a normal gen 6 game would be ok as long as it is done right.

You guys will have to point out which theme you're talking about, 'cause I'm confuzzled. The theme that plays when you battle AZ after beating the League is the Kalos Gym theme, I just watched a clip of it on YouTube. But regardless, you guys are right in that there is a connection; Project AZOTH in ORAS involved Aqua/Magma doing research on the Ultimate Weapon's energy, and Silph Co. researched the same thing when producing Infinite Energy. Personally, I think all of this will come into play with the Zygarde plot because like I mentioned earlier, I think Zygarde is meant to be a physical personification/representation of the energy itself.

And to clarify of what's coming in CoroCoro, there's actually two things according to Serebii's page from last month: a "world-exclusive scoop poster", and a "major announcement that will affect the entire world for the movie". They may be related to each other instead of two separate things, because when I think of a "poster", I think of the movies and anime.

That name is everywhere lately. Watch the next game be Pokemon: Azoth version.

Also the poster is probably going to be the movie poster, yeah. We still need the title and the other movie star, so it'll probably be the complete movie poster that they are talking about.

Az's theme is the theme that plays in the part where he tells the story of the 3000 year old war.
And the AZOTH theme plays when Zinnia's grandmother tells the tale of Rayquaza and Mega Evolution.

They sound very similar. It's not an exact replica but the similitudes are undeniable, that linked to the whole Volcanion thing and the Eternal Floette flower in the tree in Sootopolis.... man, I don't even know what to think.

I also found this. It's probably nothing but I did think it is interesting.
414.jpg

When Joe posted the news that their was a blurb about this months issue of CoroCoro, the wording was off on the site, but his twitter post was accurate. This months "world shattering news" or however it was worded was clarified in the magazine as movie news, paired along with the poster. I don't see how there was any room for any other interpretation, honestly. I doubt its a game reveal they were hyping it. But yet again, I have high hopes that whatever is going to be revealed will have huge implications for whatever is coming up.

As for Azoth. It could be something, it could be nothing. I personally think that eventually Team Flare found the research papers from the Teams, and continued the research. Not with Groudon and Kyogre obviously, but for megas and harnessing infinite energy.

Az's theme is the theme that plays in the part where he tells the story of the 3000 year old war.
And the AZOTH theme plays when Zinnia's grandmother tells the tale of Rayquaza and Mega Evolution.

They sound very similar. It's not an exact replica but the similitudes are undeniable, that linked to the whole Volcanion thing and the Eternal Floette flower in the tree in Sootopolis.... man, I don't even know what to think.

I also found this. It's probably nothing but I did think it is interesting.
414.jpg

Ok, now I can hear the similarities in it too. Like I said earlier, Project AZOTH in ORAS involved Aqua/Magma doing research on the Ultimate Weapon. IIRC, the same music played while Mr. Stone talks to you about Infinite Energy during the Delta Episode.

To quote the slogan of the MCU... it's all connected.

I still kinda want to see how they could do a Kalos/Hoenn plot across two games, even if it isn't going to happen. I mean, if the time between games is still accurate, and a Kalos sequel does take place 3 years after XY that's like 5 years after BW and god knows how many years since ORAS, thanks to that blasted unknown timeskip inbetween Pt and BW. No way they would do that huge a jump for a region before Kanto, at least one would think so. Not even a Z version being rewritten to be intertwined to a Hoenn plot could work, still too much time between ORAS and the XY time period. Unless they suddenly decide BW takes only a few months after Pt.

Edit: On another, unrelated note:
Kimishima: Unannounced 3DS games coming, wants more Wii U titles like Splatoon and Mario Maker - Nintendo Everything

This late into the game, the only large scale games that make sense from Nintendo itself, is Pokemon. Zelda got Triforce Heroes this holiday, Federation Force unfortunately represents Metroid, and if we haven't gotten 3D Land 2 yet, I doubt we ever will. Meanwhile Fates is coming to the west this month, and there really isn't any large series Nintendo hasn't covered on 3DS. I mean okay, Pokemkn was obviously coming this year, but Nintendo acknowledging that there are big games still coming for 3DS means that slowly but surely we might be getting close to a game reveal.

Last edited:
I still kinda want to see how they could do a Kalos/Hoenn plot across two games, even if it isn't going to happen. I mean, if the time between games is still accurate, and a Kalos sequel does take place 3 years after XY that's like 5 years after BW and god knows how many years since ORAS, thanks to that blasted unknown timeskip inbetween Pt and BW. No way they would do that huge a jump for a region before Kanto, at least one would think so. Not even a Z version being rewritten to be intertwined to a Hoenn plot could work, still too much time between ORAS and the XY time period. Unless they suddenly decide BW takes only a few months after Pt.

Edit: On another, unrelated note:
Kimishima: Unannounced 3DS games coming, wants more Wii U titles like Splatoon and Mario Maker - Nintendo Everything

This late into the game, the only large scale games that make sense from Nintendo itself, is Pokemon. Zelda got Triforce Heroes this holiday, Federation Force unfortunately represents Metroid, and if we haven't gotten 3D Land 2 yet, I doubt we ever will. Meanwhile Fates is coming to the west this month, and there really isn't any large series Nintendo hasn't covered on 3DS. I mean okay, Pokemkn was obviously coming this year, but Nintendo acknowledging that there are big games still coming for 3DS means that slowly but surely we might be getting close to a game reveal.

It's the bit about

"As for what lies ahead in the next period, Kimishima said development on software continues, including large-scale titles that can’t be announced just yet."

That gets me excited. Sounds like something big is imminent but they need to wait for a certain point to have already happened, perhaps get Pokken out the way, on March 18th, or more closer, get the VC releases and 20th celebration out the way on Feb 27th, OR even more closer, they have to have this reveal in CoroCoro about Movie news first then they can reveal it :)

:D Hype to the max!

there really isn't much similarity between the theme for AZ, the track An Eternal Prison, and the track Azoth apart from a melancholic theme (which isn't even the same theme between the three).

edit: i stand slightly corrected; Azoth augments a small portion of the theme An Eternal Prison/AZ. that being said, i still doubt that it's significant. at best it could point to AZ being the king of Azoth prior to its presumed collapse, but that's about it.

Last edited:
I've never been quite sure with Hoopa's rings, do they just teleport from place to place within 1 dimension, or do they cover time and different dimensions as well?

The anime and the manga don't go in-depth into it at all. And don't expect the games to ever dive into it either. I would say it's a fair assumption that Hoopa can pull things from other times as well as locations. If Hoopa can travel through the Multiverse, which is very much unconfirmed, then it needs to be able to manipulate both time and space.

I don't know if it's actually used in game or hidden.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slhm-gH_FRQ

OH MY GOD, it's the same melody. AZOTH is a bit fuller, though. More instruments. And it's a bit more... majestic. An Eternal Prison is a bit more... heartbreaking and fragile until near the end. OMG I'm so sad now... :'(

The anime and the manga don't go in-depth into it at all. And don't expect the games to ever dive into it either. I would say it's a fair assumption that Hoopa can pull things from other times as well as locations. If Hoopa can travel through the Multiverse, which is very much unconfirmed, then it needs to be able to manipulate both time and space.

OH MY GOD, it's the same melody. AZOTH is a bit fuller, though. More instruments. And it's a bit more... majestic. An Eternal Prison is a bit more... heartbreaking and fragile until near the end. OMG I'm so sad now... :'(
So what your saying is that Brigette is powering Pokemon Bank and ergo transferring Pokemon from gen 5 through Hoopa? DEEPEST LORE.

Edit: I'n pretty sure an announcement is coming this month, similar timeline to B2W2 now. Pretty damn sure.

Last edited:
At the end of March there will be a new Pokémon XY&Z chocolate egg series released for Japan, which includes 14 figures. One Pokémon is hidden as a mystery, so I could see a new Pokémon to be revealed in CoroCoro magazine this month. Source

All I know is, I'm excited for whatever new monster we get. Be it a new species, form, or Mega.

All I know is, I'm excited for whatever new monster we get. Be it a new species, form, or Mega.

Unless it's Eternal Floette :ROFLMAO:

Although Eternal Floette finally being released wouldn't be too bad because it'd be another decent offensive Fairy for [tier that isn't OU]. But that recoil from Light of Ruin... Suppose there's always Moonblast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom