• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just need to remove the EXP-Share for the main game and give it to the player after you traveled through N and S Kalos.
In my three playthroughs, my teammember were all at Lv.60 after beating every trainer. After the E4 there's enough room for another part of the region, since the leveling in the 60's or 70's is slower.

You can't measure region size in that way. Size specifically refers to space, or as you put it, the number of tiles. The rollerskates, pacing, and training are tied to 6th gen's gameplay so it's not really fair to compare them that way. Once we get 5th gen remakes at least 2 of the 3 are probably going to be there anyway.

That's why I said in terms of squares or tiles. And in that case Kalos is one of the biggest regions if not the biggest in relation with that. But the skates, the pacing etc. just made the region look like you can rush through it. Other regions don't have the skates, so I am taking the running shoes for the comparison.

Just walk through route 7 first with the running shoes and then with the skates. That's a huge speed difference

Last edited:
That's why I said in terms of squares or tiles. And in that case Kalos is one of the biggest regions if not the biggest in relation with that. But the skates, the pacing etc. just made the region look like you can rush through it. Other regions don't have the skates, so I am taking the running shoes for the comparison.

Just walk through route 7 first with the running shoes and then with the skates. That's a huge speed difference

That's exactly why it's not a fair comparison though. The Roller Skates can make any region feel small, so it's not a fault of the region design.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just need to remove the EXP-Share for the main game and give it to the player after you traveled through N and S Kalos.
In my three playthroughs, my teammember were all at Lv.60 after beating every trainer. After the E4 there's enough room for another part of the region, since the leveling in the 60's or 70's is slower.
you'd still be cutting it very close. the rematches of the E4 in ORAS are all in the 70s and Diantha in the Battle Chateau with the Black Writ has level 80s. there would be very little room to add more gyms and have noticeably higher leveled gym leaders.

@Bolt the Cat: ain't nothing fun about having to grind (whether it be on trainers or Audinos) for hours. as a more hardcore player (though perhaps still a casual), i'd take the EXP.All over bland as grinding.

Part of me wants to read into TPC having that Kanto Symphony stuff removed from YouTube. Why have the Kanto stuff removed and not anything else?

Probably nothing, but...

This is random I guess, but anyone wonder how many Pokémon (if all) will be obtainable/or at least seeable in Pokémon Go?
And can you imagine how SICK it would be if there is enough for a potential "virtual reality" side metagame. We could have potential tournaments, with each players phone linked to a big screen whilst the battles ensue, on different literal "fields" lol, maybe that's what the Superbowl ad was slyly hinting at, a bigger community perspective and interaction with people and Pokémon as a whole.

Edit: Either alongside or separate from the VGC of course. Definitely worth getting excited about for those kinds of reasons too.

Part of me wants to read into TPC having that Kanto Symphony stuff removed from YouTube. Why have the Kanto stuff removed and not anything else?

Probably nothing, but...
Just saw that myself. And two strikes too, Jesus Christ...IDK what the deal is now, considering that PREO has been around for a good minute...And yeah, they could've taken down more than just the Kanto Symphony. The entire Channel if they wanted. It certainly does raise an eyebrow.

If it has to do with an upcoming Kanto [Anything], then that'll leave a real bitter taste in my mouth for poor Braxton :L

And because I really don't want more Kanto in Gen 6, even though I understand what year this is ;_;

Last edited:

Not going to happen. People can simply turn off the exp share. It is not that hard to do so. I use it because I am not going to train one pokemon at a time which is ridiculous in my opinion. People need to stop complaining about exp share and just turn it off. Anyway, the new game(s) would probably solve a lot of unsolve issues from previous games.

if i hadn't heard of it (PREO) until relatively recently, then i wouldn't be surprised if the relevant folks at TPCi hadn't heard of it either.
They should really cut this practice out. It'll only hurt their image. Especially since the guy was a passionate fan that made amazing music for several years.

Okay the double region thing with experience would be a problem really. Couldn't they just make the calculation for experience slower than usual for games with larger areas to travel??? This has baffled me in all the rampant discussion over it...

I can see them taking down the Kanto material because they want to sell it for the 20th as a soundtrack. Nothing weird going on.

Okay the double region thing with experience would be a problem really. Couldn't they just make the calculation for experience slower than usual for games with larger areas to travel??? This has baffled me in all the rampant discussion over it...

The problem with that is that this drags out the game too long and makes the grinding even more boring.

A fan who made orchestrated Pokémon covers has gotten two copyright strikes because the TPC was upset about his Kanto Symphony track. This story hasn't blown up but if it does it could sour some things.

On YouTube? Links?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom