• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's rather...odd for them to just take the songs down like that, especially only the Kanto ones. I think the album is still on iTunes, though.

It makes some sense if they want to do a physical soundtrack release, like Mitchman said.

On the subject of Gen 6.5 again; It's my belief they're saving Ash's last team spot for possibly that exact reason. Serena and Clemont can get a gen 6.5 Pokémon too lol. Think about it; if this months movie news is possibly a 'new' Pokémon (not saying it's the one Ash is getting), then there we go, plus, giving Ash anything else from the Kalos we know already at this point would be, I don't know; It would just seem prolonged as we've pretty much seen all the current Kalos Pokémon entirely in the anime. XY&Z the series should total at around 45-48 episodes going by previous series' totals, which can air over a maximum of say the next entire year. Alternatively, after this, if their still not ready for Gen 7, they can give us an Orange Islands/something similar whirl with a couple islands and random stories.

On the subject of Gen 6.5 again; It's my belief they're saving Ash's last team spot for possibly that exact reason. Serena and Clemont can get a gen 6.5 Pokémon too lol. Think about it; if this months movie news is possibly a 'new' Pokémon (not saying it's the one Ash is getting), then there we go, plus, giving Ash anything else from the Kalos we know already at this point would be, I don't know; It would just seem prolonged as we've pretty much seen all the current Kalos Pokémon entirely in the anime. XY&Z the series should total at around 45-48 episodes going by previous series' totals, which can air over a maximum of say the next entire year. Alternatively, after this, if their still not ready for Gen 7, they can give us an Orange Islands/something similar whirl with a couple islands and random stories.

I like the sound of this. A lot of people seem to be on board with the "Gen 6.5" idea and I can honestly understand why, given the low number of new Pokemon species that were introduced in X/Y (though the Mega Evolution designs could be added to the total if you wanted to see it that way). Up to now i've felt that Ash's final team slot has been kept open either for another X/Y Pokemon, the debut of Mega Charizard Y (less than likely at this stage as Ash doesn't have a Key Stone and Mega Stone), rotating reserves in the league, or a return for Goodra. The first option is still plausible considering that Ash didn't catch Snorunt in AG until he had his 7th badge (granted that we hadn't seen that evo line debut in the anime up to that point), so I would say any of the above are fair game as well as taking into account any effect that the next game(s) has/have on the anime.

Not long until Corocoro :eek::eek::eek:
We have a good 6 hours, and then the true wait begins. Some crazy bastard might actually be able to do a CoroCoro leak on the 10th, or might have to wait till a more logical timeframe, like Friday. Something tells me that cause of its nature, we might actually see an early leak.

Isn't Bergmite still noticeably absent from the anime? It could be that is Ash's last Pokémon.

Yeah that's a possibility too, but I see Bergmite maybe getting it's own episode in the same as Wulfric's debut. Starts off with something happening to the Bergmite in the area, and Wulfric pops up to save the day, thus meeting Ash and the gang.
I would love for Ash to get an ice type though... Maybe that will be a new gen 6.5 Pokémon, a new ice/??? type. At this point the possibilities are endless, just waiting on Corocoro now...

Edit: Omg, I want an Ice/Fairy type for Ash now.

That's exactly why it's not a fair comparison though. The Roller Skates can make any region feel small, so it's not a fault of the region design.

Of course that's not the fault of the region. But these rollerskates just make the region fell smaller due to the faster traveling. And since you can't switch them off, many people just use them instead playing with the D-Pad.

We have a good 6 hours, and then the true wait begins. Some crazy bastard might actually be able to do a CoroCoro leak on the 10th, or might have to wait till a more logical timeframe, like Friday. Something tells me that cause of its nature, we might actually see an early leak.

10th wouuld be way to early. CoroCoro will come out on the 15th this month and the leaks usually happen 3 days prior the release. If we are lucky and this corocoro having some really important news, then maybe on the 11th.

I've noticed in the past that when something huge is supposed to appear in CoroCoro, it leaked around the 10th-12th timeframe on our calanders in the Western part of the world. Right now in Japan, it's actually about 2 AM on the 10th of February.

Once its the 10th, its never too early. Pre BW days the 12th was considered late for scan to come out. Then a whole debacle happened in Japan over magazine scanning and in general posting magazine leaks is illegal since then, so that put a hamper on everything. Of course subscribers might get the magazine 2 days early, which is why leaks happen on the 12-13th usually. ORAS actually was like the Halycon days, where leaks happened on the 10th or 11th,usually from employees who siphponed a copy from their stores stock. Hence the illegal bit. So yeah, like I said, if some crazy bastard does get his hands on a copy this early, we might get leaks. Simple really.

If Southern Kalos ends up being a full-sized region I wonder if a level cap could work to keep it balanced? Like you can only level to say 50 before you reach Northern Kalos, and opponent's levels are based around that.

Another possibility I could see is if Southern Kalos is the majority of the game and only the story-necessary parts of Northern Kalos are available. Or the other way around, but I'd rather get a full-sized Southern Kalos.

If Southern Kalos ends up being a full-sized region I wonder if a level cap could work to keep it balanced? Like you can only level to say 50 before you reach Northern Kalos, and opponent's levels are based around that.
do you mean a hard cap or a soft cap? either way it would be silly and Johto already did the soft cap which didn't work either.

Another possibility I could see is if Southern Kalos is the majority of the game and only the story-necessary parts of Northern Kalos are available. Or the other way around, but I'd rather get a full-sized Southern Kalos.
this is the way I see it, to be honest. It'd be like BW2, most of the game happens in SKalos while visiting certain areas in NKalos, the rest of NKalos remain post-game.

do you mean a hard cap or a soft cap? either way it would be silly and Johto already did the soft cap which didn't work either.

Hard cap, yeah. I think it could work if they did enough playtesting.

Well, it's the 10th in Japan now, so...the countdown begins.

I wasn't aware posting scans before release was illegal. It explains why the first pics we get are sometimes a bit small/blurry. Kudos to leakers for risking it to give us info early.

Again, that would kill the pacing and people would get bored. If you actually got to Lv. 50 and then suddenly stopped leveling up people will probably lose interest, if you're not getting feedback for your training there's no point. Plus some Pokemon don't evolve at Lv. 50. So too bad for fans of Dragonite, Tyranitar, Bisharp, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Hydreigon, or Volcarona, you can't get them fully evolved until Northern Kalos.

The problem is that the story-necessary parts of the region are so spread out that you would have to traverse the majority of Northern Kalos. You would have to go to Lumiose City, Geosenge Town, Shalour City, and Anistar City, and there's not much they can exclude for that to work (at most, Vaniville Town-Rt. 3, Rt. 8, Rt. 9, and Ambrette Town, Laverre City, Rt. 14, and Rt. 15, and then either Santalune City or Snowbelle City). It's just enough to accommodate a BW2 sized expansion, but not much more.

Well, it's the 10th in Japan now, so...the countdown begins.

I wasn't aware posting scans before release was illegal. It explains why the first pics we get are sometimes a bit small/blurry. Kudos to leakers for risking it to give us info early.
It was a grey area up till 2010, and then Japanese legislation put a foot down and ruled it completely illegal. I have to look up the articles, but I am pretty sure with BW and the absolute madness that followed its reveal, the internet blew up since the early gen 4 days and people became much more aware of CoroCoro, it was TPC that actually put the process into order and requested the laws be changed. I know it sounds crazy, and I might not be remembering things correctly, but Pokemon definitely was one of the main issues at the heart of things which brought this along.
Edit: Yeah, I can't find a lot of sources, like I said take this with a grain of salt. But it was hectic, a couple of leakers were arrested back then, and even Pokebeach got hit with a Cease and Desist for posting scans.

Oh yeah, I definitely remember that whole debacle. Both Pokebeach and Serebii were served with cease and desist letters, I remember Joe posting on his front page that he had to remove all pre-release images 'n shit for BW.

Anyways... I agree that even though it's specifically movie news, I think that there will be a small hint that gives us an idea of where we're headed. I'm pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom