• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard cap, yeah. I think it could work if they did enough playtesting.
it suppose it really depends on where you'd intend to open N. Kalos then. too early and the hard cap is pointless. too late and the hard cap becomes boring and needlessly restrictive. ultimately i don't think it'd be possible to have a S. Kalos expansion in neither the Johto-Kanto fashion nor the BW2 Unova fashion.

I think the southern part of Kalos should be small and not be like the GSC and HGSS. The two region thing cause problems in wild pokemon levels and other problems through both regions in the Johto games. Kalos shouldn't suffer that same fate. Small new areas would do.

I think Southern Kalos will be a BW type of expansion. My logic is that, after what B2W2 achieved region wise, going back to the third version formula would disappoint many fans. A whole new landmass to explore sounds more appealing imo.

I mean if they are planning a game set in the same Kalos from XY, just with a new storyline, and a feature or two, I don't think I'm interested.

"As this month is Mewtwo's birthday we're excited to reveal Mega Mewtwo XYZ! Other Pokemon like Charizard will also receive an XYZ Mega too... but not only that! Ash Greninja is a mysterious new form debuting in the anime... and Ash Charizard will be joining it!"

You know it's coming. Deep down you know it.

Edit: Guess I have to point out this is not a serious post...

Last edited:
Charizard with four forms? Sorry, but I don't think that's coming. Maybe Mewtwo has some possibilities in some way...

Special Mewtwo announcement for the VCs?

Part of me wants to read into TPC having that Kanto Symphony stuff removed from YouTube. Why have the Kanto stuff removed and not anything else?

Probably nothing, but...

I doubt it's got anything to do with some kind of imminent Kanto remake, given that Nintendo and TPC love to lawyer up at the drop of a hat. I'll grant you though; it is very weird that they only removed the Kanto videos.

What's even weirder, imho, is that they went after this guy's YouTube account, which is nonprofit, and left his iTunes account, where he is making money using the Pokemon name, alone? WTF?

"As this month is Mewtwo's birthday we're excited to reveal Mega Mewtwo XYZ! Other Pokemon like Charizard will also receive an XYZ Mega too... but not only that! Ash Greninja is a mysterious new form debuting in the anime... and Ash Charizard will be joining it!"

You know it's coming. Deep down you know it.
Mega Mew and a third movie dedicated to it is more logical then mega Mewtwo Z. Of course anything else is logical compared to any of the two suggested.

On a serious note, I think the movie star is going to start one hell of a shitstorm, Gen 7 or not. Especially the not, because if its something really, REALLY out there, we're gonna have fuel for game speculation for months. How it ties into the plot, howbdoes it relate to this, how does it relate to that. Even a new megabwould sparj debates if its a gen 6 or a gen 7 mega. I'm not one who enjoys chaos, I like it when the thread is more calm, but I feel it. Thankfully everyone is taking precautions with the news, which ks gonna make things even wilderbwhennthe unexpected hitd.

If we really are returning to Kanto this gen then I'm cool with it.

Ideally I'd like a non-direct sequel set around the time of X/Y, with a drastically different/expanded Kanto; but honestly if it's just Red/Blue in 3D feat. megas then that's cool too. R/B has some of my fave moments in the series, so it'll be awesome to live them through the VC, and then again in full 3D. That said, it's only an if.

Mega Mew and a third movie dedicated to it is more logical then mega Mewtwo Z. Of course anything else is logical compared to any of the two suggested.

Given Mewtwo's genetic history, it having different multiple/more than two forms it could take via mega evolution (DNA is speculated to be in the stones after all) could make sense. A steel/psychic typing referencing/based on (but not exactly alike) its Armour in the 1st movie would be one hell of a cool throwback.

On a serious note, I think the movie star is going to start one hell of a shitstorm, Gen 7 or not. Especially the not, because if its something really, REALLY out there, we're gonna have fuel for game speculation for months. How it ties into the plot, howbdoes it relate to this, how does it relate to that. Even a new megabwould sparj debates if its a gen 6 or a gen 7 mega. I'm not one who enjoys chaos, I like it when the thread is more calm, but I feel it. Thankfully everyone is taking precautions with the news, which ks gonna make things even wilderbwhennthe unexpected hitd.

View: https://vine.co/v/OBPadpW9h57

I agree, though. The way they've been building up to this issue does kindof feel like it's going to be pretty game-changing, pun only partially intended.

If we really are returning to Kanto this gen then I'm cool with it.

Ideally I'd like a non-direct sequel set around the time of X/Y, with a drastically different/expanded Kanto; but honestly if it's just Red/Blue in 3D feat. megas then that's cool too. R/B has some of my fave moments in the series, so it'll be awesome to live them through the VC, and then again in full 3D. That said, it's only an if.

I don't think so. Zygarde is getting the attention so it is logical for Kalos to return. Kanto has had enough appearances and is appearing on virtual console. I still think two regions for a Kalos game might not work dues to what happen with GSC and HGSS pokemon levels and stuff.

There's nothing I'd love more than something completely unexpected (I enjoy it when the fandom loses it).

Something along the lines of Black 2/White 2 or Tobias revealing he has a freaking Latios too, not just Darkrai.
Tobias comes back for the league. Semi-Finals are Ash VS Sawyer, Tobias VS Alain. Tobias goes all out with Darkrai and another legendary or two. All Alain has is Mega Charizard X. AND HE WINS. I have right there, a fullproof no bullshit reason ash loses the league.

As for a Kanto sequel @Lufenian, I have suggested something like a Pokemon Z and that being released side by side. Hell, even Pokemon A and Pokemon Z could work in that situation. Pokemon A could focus on the first region and some new plot while Pokemon Z focus on the latest region and Zygarde.

If we do go back to Kanto and there's brand new Pokemon species, it'd be nice if there was 40 new Pokemon to bring the amount of Kanto Pokemon to 191 like they originally planned in Generation 1. Unless I got the number wrong.

Had a crazy thought last night looking at the 20th anniversary logo. Imagine if the next game lets you choose ANY starter, including Pikachu. That would be insanity.
I would personally like that a lot, mostly because I think it would be nice to have options, though I do still think Id probably end up picking Chespin since I havent used it in a game yet, but it would be a nice thing for people who want it.

Had a crazy thought last night looking at the 20th anniversary logo. Imagine if the next game lets you choose ANY starter, including Pikachu. That would be insanity.

So basically PSMD's starter list minus Riolu? That might be a bit excessive, and unfair unless they introduce Megas for Raichu and the 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen starters in the game.

If we get another Kanto game I want something completely new. New player characters, a bunch of new gym leaders, new areas and a new story. Possibly even parts of Johto. No more Kanto remakes please.

If we do go back to Kanto and there's brand new Pokemon species, it'd be nice if there was 40 new Pokemon to bring the amount of Kanto Pokemon to 191 like they originally planned in Generation 1. Unless I got the number wrong.

Wait, what? I've never heard of that before. Interesting, though. It'd be nice to see them do that for the series 20th anniversary.

I wouldn't mind Kanto again if the storyline took place in a future version of Kanto and it somehow involved Zygarde. Kalos would inevitably also be there due to Zygarde's presence, so Kalos/Kanto in a single game tied together through Zygarde? Perhaps one version of the game has you travel from Kalos to Kanto and other vice-versa, the plot of each game being somewhat different?

Or maybe just gen 6.5.

So basically PSMD's starter list minus Riolu? That might be a bit excessive, and unfair unless they introduce Megas for Raichu and the 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen starters in the game.

Or don't give you the proper stone to mega evolve the starters that can until post-game. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom