• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is too early for another Kanto game. We already got it 4 times in a row from Gen 1 to Gen 4 games. RBY are going on the virtual console. Z or whatever would fill the last game of gen 6 unless gen 7 comes regardless. Kanto can return in future gen.

If we do go back to Kanto and there's brand new Pokemon species, it'd be nice if there was 40 new Pokemon to bring the amount of Kanto Pokemon to 191 like they originally planned in Generation 1. Unless I got the number wrong.

I doubt this would happen, but your post made me think about it. If we have to go back to Kanto, it would be really neat for game freak to introduce those Pokemon as Kanto natives with something like "These were originals that didn't make the cut, we've refined the designs and introduced them where they belong!" and then showed us original concept art from the 90's along with 2016 art as a 'then and now' reveal.

Again, unlikely, but it certainly is something that would at least make me interested in more Kanto.

Complaints from whom? If you limit the starter mega evolutions to post-game, who loses?

Fans of those starters of course. They'll feel cheated because they can't play with their favorite Pokemon at full power. Game Freak also loses to some degree because whatever they put in the post game is going to be harder to market and grow in popularity. There's simply not enough benefit to marketing every single starter right now when they can save the non-relevant starters for a more appropriate time (such as future remakes).

To be honest i don't think that kanto was that good of a region and that people ovverate it out of nostalgia. If you reskinned Unova for example and changed some names and pokemon most genwunners wouldn't even know the difference.

Well Kanto launched a huge global phenomenon we'd never seen before and have never seen again since. Unova brought in a lot of decline.

I'm no Genwunner, but I think people who weren't around at the time, do tend to downplay just how big it was.

Fans of those starters of course. They'll feel cheated because they can't play with their favorite Pokemon at full power.

If nobody can play with their favorite Pokemon at full power until the post-game, nobody should be upset. They already can't play with their favorite Pokemon at full power now if it doesn't have a mega evolution.

Well Kanto launched a huge global phenomenon we'd never seen before and have never seen again since. Unova brought in a lot of decline.

I'm no Genwunner, but I think people who weren't around at the time, do tend to downplay just how big it was.
From my experiences most real genwunners (AKA people who have only been into pokemon back then) have long since forgotten about the actual gameplay of the first generation outside of vague memories of some important people/places and how OP their starter/mewtwo was.

Unova has nothing to do with Kanto, apart of the similar number of native Pokemon.

And those lovely bridges <3

That's no excuse. Those fans are long gone and not coming back. I don't understand the need to pander to them every single gen. From Kanto remake, to Kanto revisit in HGSS, Kanto rehashing in XY, Kanto revisit in RBGY VC, only Kanto pokemon advertised in Pokemon Go, Kanto pandering again in SB commercial...
The point is, if they have moved on, GF should move on from pandering to them.

That's no excuse. Those fans are long gone and not coming back.
says who? i also don't think you understand how marketing and advertising works.

From my experiences most real genwunners (AKA people who have only been into pokemon back then) have long since forgotten about the actual gameplay of the first generation outside of vague memories of some important people/places and how OP their starter/mewtwo was.
genwunners aren't real

says who? i also don't think you understand how marketing and advertising works.

genwunners aren't real
They do exist but they're a small and vocal minority. That said the Kanto Pokémon ( and Lucario) are the most iconic Pokémon that the general public are the most familiar with so it's logical why they would use them for marketing reasons.

Last edited:
genwunners aren't real
Yes, they are. They're also very easy to recognize by the way they refuse to acknowledge anything beyond their precious 151 original pokemanz and the way they crap over Unova Pokemon designs for being "unoriginal" and based on gears or ice cream but worship their Kanto Pokemon based on a magnet or slime.

They do exist but they're a small but vocal minority. That said the Kanto Pokémon ( and Lucario) are the most iconic Pokémon that the general public are the most familiar with so it's logical why they would use them for marketing reasons.
Yes, they are. They're also very easy to recognize by the way they refuse to acknowledge anything beyond their precious 151 original pokemanz and the way they crap over Unova Pokemon designs for being "unoriginal" and based on gears or ice cream but worship their Kanto Pokemon based on a magnet or slime.
still no. they're just some stupid meme that the community embraced to stifle anyone that would dare have personal preferences of or opinions (heavens forbid) on certain generation's designs. not to mention the concept is such a two-way street. like if a Genwunner is someone who is loath to the notion that any generation but the first could be good, then a Genwhatever-er is someone who is loath to the notion that their preferred generation is bad. in a nutshell, if they exist, you probably are one anyways.

still no. they're just some stupid meme that the community embraced to stifle anyone that would dare have personal preferences of or opinions (heavens forbid) on certain generation's designs. not to mention the concept is such a two-way street. like if a Genwunner is someone who is loath to the notion that any generation but the first could be good, then a Genwhatever-er is someone who is loath to the notion that their preferred generation is bad. in a nutshell, if they exist, you probably are one anyways.
There's a difference between ignorant hate fueled by nostalgia and legit criticism.

Genwunners are ignorant haters.

No I literally know people like this and have come across many individuals who hold these ideals. There's a difference between having a opinion and hating something just because you lack nostalgia for it. Edit: Allow me to make something very clear there's a difference between being a fan of a particular generation and being a sour purist whom NO Longer plays the series who's only complaining just because something's new and isn't even going to buy the games

Last edited:
Mod Note:

Ive seen a few posts here where people are using the term "genwunner" I want to remind everyone not to use the term "genwunner" as its generally used as an insult to older fans specifically fans of the Generation 1 games and is not allowed. Instead,please use Gen 1 Fans or something similar to describe them. Also this discussion on whether they are real or not is not what this thread is about,please get back on the topic of this thread. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom