• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXP scaling removed the need to grind in a much more sensible and logical reason then EXP All does. One has you on a constant flat level, which goes as far as it needs to be in the portion the game is at, where as EXP All makes sure EXP is being shoved down your teams throat all throughout the game, ensuring yiu are always a couple levels ahead. The scaling allowed for the games to be where they should be in terms of difficulty, and allowed GF to create the games with the pace they wanted it to be at. How it isn't missable I have no idea, as it made sure you didn't need to grind a whole lot.

As for everything they removed, yes its a lot. But is it content that can make the games design and structure superior to what we got? That's very debatable. Cause none of the removed features you have posted could improve the pace of the game, the balance it offered when reaching new areas, or how the region is structured. Only HM usage could be argued for that, and like you said, itd not exactly detrimental that exploration doesn't rely heavily on HM's.

Not the hardest, just the most satisfying. You can't overpower your team with high levels due to the exp scaling

I honestly found all of the Unova games extremely easy due to how quickly I leveled up my team, in Black 2 especially. In fact, had Gen. 6 not served us up everything on a silver platter, I'd call Unova the easiest games to beat hands down. In Black 2, my entire team was already well into the mid 60's when facing the Elite 4 for the first time (whose Pokémon max out at 58), and heck, my Serperior was level 72 and my Zoroark level 70 by the time I whupped Iris.

And I won't even mention Black version. And I never grinded, I just battled everyone. Which is why I went out of my way to avoid most battles in Gen. 6, only to end up just a few levels below the league in those games... and still winning.

-Seals. TBH I don't think many people cared about this

How. Dare. You. :'(

I must suck at playing Pokemon and should probably give up the franchise, cause I'm apparently the only one who found gen 5 the perfect middle ground, and I even have a hard time staying with the level curve in some situations.

For me Gen 5 wasn't hard because of EXP, it was the levels at which Pokemon evolved, were astronomically high compared to previous games, meaning your mons went around with lower Base Stats for longer.

For me, Gen V wasn't hard, but required some effort and thinking. Not being able to level up as quickly as you could in previous gens did make overpowering gym leaders/story fights more of a challenge when larger amounts experience points were somewhat of a rare commodity. It somewhat made sense that fighting a level 3 Pidove with a level 70 Hydreigon would yeild very little exp.

Exactly. There was contextual basis for the scaling, which was the one thing that makes me miss it the most. Considering this discussion, I came up with an ides for the next games, if not next gen. Difficulty levels come back. There are only two difficulty levels in the game. Normal, which has Exp All and normal levels, and Experienced. Experienced raises the levels of trainers keeps the wild encounters the same, and brings back Exp Scaling. Meanwhile, EXP Share now works like it always did granting only one Pokemon to gain experience while holding it. Yes/No?

NEW POKEMON - Magiana!

corocoro3161th.jpg

Serebii.net - Where Legends Come To Life

wait, what?! Aboard the hype train y'all!

The silhouette reminds me of Gardevoir with rabbit ears....

the hell with no closure for gen 6!!! where is the pokemon Z!!!! ah surely magiana will be the lucario or zoroark of gen 7 but hey at least new game!!!

I'm going to go out on a limb, and bet that gen 6 ain't over with, and that this is just a gen 7 tease. Or this is actually part of gen 6. So much to speculate.

Nice, a new Pokemon. At least some of our guesses were right and we weren't mislead. Eternal Floette eat your heart out :ROFLMAO:

It's Mega Gardevoir with Xerneas' antlers in silhouette though. Really want to see what it actually looks like.

So indead Gen 6.5? Well that's what I was speculating the whole time. 72 new pokemon without any second legendary trio and maborashi no pokemon seemed to be to weird.

NEW POKEMON. HYPE +9000.

Been calling it since December that it'd be a brand new Pokemon they show. Oh man, the hype.

Holy seven generations of Pokemon, Batman!

It looks like a bunny crossed with a flower - how cute! Welp, I guess many people's predictions about Kalos eventually adding more Pokemon mid-generation might be, indeed, correct. That or this is just a gen 7 tease for a Pokemon we can't actually catch for another two years. Lol.

Either way I'm so excited to see that shadowy little bastard. WE'VE WAITED SO LONG, MAGIANA!

NeoGAF

This is interesting. It definitely looks like a Fairy in the silhouette. But if it's going to be mechanical in some way? Could be really cool.

Been calling it since December that it'd be a brand new Pokemon they show. Oh man, the hype.

And me too (y)

I have a feeling I will love this "Magiana". Still of the opinion we're not out of Gen 6 yet. I mean, we have yet to see the new Zygarde forms and Ash-Greninja in the games.

So going by the potential mechanical theme hinted in the name, I wonder if the bumps on the side of its face are the teeth of a gear (so its head would be a full gear). I guess it could end up being something like Steel/Psychic or Steel/Fairy. Dunno. Hope it looks completely different to most people are guessing though. That was always the fun with the silhouettes and it's sad that they stopped using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom