• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magiana having a kind of pokéball designed lower body makes sense for it though, it doesn't make sense however for previous mons like Foongus/Amoongus, especially considering pokéballs are manmade themselves lol, how the hell did a natural Pokémon, form the look of a manmade object? (The pokéball?) Another question we will never know the answer to.
Edit: Of course, unless Pokeballs were based off their designs, which would only be an acceptable answer if it had information backing that fact, which it doesn't.

I'm excited wherever Magiana is taking us, I have doubts still on Gen 7 though, just because if they shove Zygarde somewhere in the back of the next game, and don't make it even the slightest bit relevant to the main plot; I probably will rate Gen 6 as my least favourite region entirely for future reference. It's all jumpy jumpy right now, but hey, at least we got a new Pokémon. It's still my belief this isn't the last of Gen 6, we still only know about 15% of what there actually is to learn about Zygarde in all it's glory with it's forms, and how everything will work. Magiana has just added to the wild possibilities.

It's odd how we didn't get its type revealed. Probably a stretch, but what if we get a second type like back in Generation 2?

Magiana having a kind of pokéball designed lower body makes sense for it though, it doesn't make sense however for previous mons like Foongus/Amoongus, especially considering pokéballs are manmade themselves lol, how the hell did a natural Pokémon, form the look of a manmade object? (The pokéball?) Another question we will never know the answer to.
EH, I always assumed humans were inspired by Pokemon like Foongus or Voltorb when creating a Pokeball...makes more sense too.

It's odd how we didn't get its type revealed. Probably a stretch, but what if we get a second type like back in Generation 2?

It looks exactly like a fairy pokemon though. Its other type is probably steel unless some new robot type is created, but then they'd have to retroactively change a lot of old pokemon to robot types like Magnemite, etc.

Didn't they do the same way back when Reshiram and Zekrom were revealed? People were speculating they would be Light and Dark type. Not revealing a Pokemon's typing right away doesn't always indicate a new type, they're probably just withholding information for marketing purposes.

Alright guys here is my two cents( I know I kinda wrote this before, but I fleshed it out a bit):

I think someone might have tried to artificially recreate the process of Carbink mutating into Diancie and made Magiana by "accident".

Carbink looks alot like a bunny and many people have already stated the similarities between Magiana and Diancie.

So Magiana could be an new legendary, created from Carbink or even an evolution for Carbink with some kind of mechanical upgrade.

By mechanically altering Carbink it evolves from a Rock/Fairy into a Steel/Fairy. I think that would be really cool as link to 6.5, by making the first revealed Pokemon an actual evolution of a Gen 6 Poke.

What do you guys think?

Edit: But I also don't want to think about Eviolite Carbink xD

I just showed it to my friend and she loved the design. "Looks like a steampunk Alice in Wonderland bunny!!" Was what she said XD

I hope it is at least Steel-typed.

EH, I always assumed humans were inspired by Pokemon like Foongus or Voltorb when creating a Pokeball...makes more sense too.

Wasn't Voltorb made by scientists at Silph Co. through inspiration of the Pokeball? (EDIT: Looks like in stricter terms scientists mysteriously came across the Voltorb 'species' when Pokeballs were being produced.) The Foongus line could still be the inspiration for the Pokeball itself, though.

Last edited:
This is obviously not a new type. It looks exactly like a Steel and Fairy. Besides, it took GF like 14 years to introduce a new type after gen II. They ain't gonna introduce a new one only two years after Fairy, and we have enough types already.

Woah... totally didn't see this coming. Though I have alot to say in this, I'll make it brief. I still doubt we're getting Gen 7 this year, though alot of people want it to be. This could be a 7th gen mon or a 6.5. Though it mentions that it's man-made, i have a feeling it resembles Diancie in some shape or form. I also think it's Steel/Fairy,given by its appearance. Since Volcanion is the only one to know about it, is this going to trigger an event in the last Kalos game, where you need Volcanion to go to the Southern kalos and find it from there?

Just an observation, but Magiana's...torso, we'll go with...seems to strongly resemble a Pokeball.

One thing about the Pokeball Factory theory that may not align is that the blurb for Magiana says it was created more than 500 years ago. Would the factory have been operating that far into the past? When were Pokeballs invented in Pokemon lore?

Alright guys here is my two cents( I know I kinda wrote this before, but I fleshed it out a bit):

I think someone might have tried to artificially recreate the process of Carbink mutating into Diancie and made Magiana by "accident".

Carbink looks alot like a bunny and many people have already stated the similarities between Magiana and Diancie.

So Magiana could be an new legendary, created from Carbink or even an evolution for Carbink with some kind of mechanical upgrade.

By mechanically altering Carbink it evolves from a Rock/Fairy into a Steel/Fairy. I think that would be really cool as link to 6.5, by making the first revealed Pokemon an actual evolution of a Gen 6 Poke.

What do you guys think?

Edit: But I also don't want to think about Eviolite Carbink xD

Is it me, or does it look like it has red and blue in its chest?

I made a thread for Magiana since no one else was going to :p SPECULATION: - Magiana Discussion!

I feel a new Pokemon deserves its own thread than being shoved in here with everything else that's argued about in here. But hey that's just me.

One thing about the Pokeball Factory theory that may not align is that the blurb for Magiana says it was created more than 500 years ago. Would the factory have been operating that far into the past? When were Pokeballs invented in Pokemon lore?
In B2W2, Drayden claims that Poké Balls did not exist during his childhood. Unless the multiverse changed history that much, chances are that there was no mass production of Poké Balls 500 years ago. They were likely used by very few people.

Magiana just feels too...Gen VI to me. It gives off too much of the same vibe as Diancie, it kinda has the PokeBall Factory theme, and it has that red & blue crest.

Idk, I think (and really hope) that we will have a few more games before Gen VII. Gen V was too short at 2.5ish years and with only two game sets (although due to the 3DS release, it's understandable). Gen VI isn't in the same time crunch and Pokemon Z/XZYZ/whatever is inevitable.

Okay, unless Magiana is another future generation Pokemon being showcased early (like Munchlax, Lucario and Zoroark), I'm fairly certain that we're getting new Pokemon mid-gen (in other words, Generation 6.5). First, there are only 72 Gen VI Pokemon (69 if you don't count mythical Pokemon). That's almost half as much as the next gen with the fewest number of Pokemon (Gen II with 100). Second, it is clear that Gen VI is getting at least one more game (Z, due to all the new Zygarde forms and the anime advertisements) and yet all Pokemon in the National Dex are already obtainable within XY and ORAS. It would make a lot of sense if the first 72 Gen VI Pokemon from XY/ORAS are only the first half of this generation's Pokemon and there is a second half coming (thus raising this menial number). Being able to complete the National Dex (without transferring from previous generations) before all games of the generation are out kind of defeats some purpose of the games succeeding the point at which completing the National Dex is possible (that purpose being the game's necessity for obtaining Pokemon previously unobtainable within that generation). But if Z/XZYZ (and whatever succeeds it before Gen VII) has new Pokemon, then it makes much more sense why Game Freak made all 721 Pokemon obtainable within XY/ORAS.

I hope we get an other Gen VI game, with the current Pokedex. Then next year we get Gen VII with Magiana.

If Magiana is gonna be in the next game, make it Gen VII straight away. Gen 6.5 would just mess the term "Generation" even more than the Mega incompatibility between XY and ORAS...

In B2W2, Drayden claims that Poké Balls did not exist during his childhood. Unless the multiverse changed history that much, chances are that there was no mass production of Poké Balls 500 years ago. They were likely used by very few people.

I guess it being created so long before Pokeballs were (mass) produced makes its design even more intriguing and perplexing. Hopefully it has some interesting backstory seeing as the Poke Ball motif is so integral to its design.

I hope we get an other Gen VI game, with the current Pokedex. Then next year we get Gen VII with Magiana.

If Magiana is gonna be in the next game, make it Gen VII straight away. Gen 6.5 would just mess the term "Generation" even more than the Mega incompatibility between XY and ORAS...

It wouldn't really mess with the definition if all they do was include a small batch of new Pokemon tbh. A new Generation is much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom