• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And suddenly Gen 6.5 got a hell of a lot more credence. There's only two other possibilities at this point, either we're skipping to 7th gen or they're teasing a 7th gen Pokemon ahead of time, and I don't see either of them being likely. 7th gen wouldn't make sense because they haven't explored Zygarde's role in the Kalos region, and there's no need for them to tease next gen Pokemon in a game they're not debuting in because the internet hypes up new content immediately. And like I said, it explains... pretty much everything weird about 6th gen. The next few months should be very interesting.

And suddenly Gen 6.5 got a hell of a lot more credence. There's only two other possibilities at this point, either we're skipping to 7th gen or they're teasing a 7th gen Pokemon ahead of time, and I don't see either of them being likely. 7th gen wouldn't make sense because they haven't explored Zygarde's role in the Kalos region, and there's no need for them to tease next gen Pokemon in a game they're not debuting in because the internet hypes up new content immediately. And like I said, it explains... pretty much everything weird about 6th gen. The next few months should be very interesting.

The closest thing it could be is being the new Munchlax, though.

We haven't had mid generation teases for the next one in 12 years, and there isna reason for that. Its either a gen 7 mon and gen 7 is coming, or its not a gen 7 mon, simple as that.

We haven't had mid generation teases for the next one in 12 years, and there isna reason for that. Its either a gen 7 mon and gen 7 is coming, or its not a gen 7 mon, simple as that.
Well, they're breaking all the patterns now and they did say that they didn't want to do anything predictable, so might as well expect something that has 'no reason to do so'

Again, there's not much reason to believe that this is a Munchlax situation. Reveals like this get hyped up immediately, so if they reveal things too early people get impatient. The fanbase is already antsy because they left Zygarde high and dry, revealing Magiana an entire year before its debut game would be overkill.

It could be a repeat of gen 4 where the reveals happened way in advance.

Again, there's not much reason to believe that this is a Munchlax situation. Reveals like this get hyped up immediately, so if they reveal things too early people get impatient.
And I just said in the post above, they're breaking the patterns. They openly stated they didn't want to do anything predictable. Could be a Munchlax situation, could be not. Maybe they're taking the path where everybody says 'nah, they won't do that because of 00 reasons' just so that they can surprise people.

And I just said in the post above, they're breaking the patterns. They openly stated they didn't want to do anything predictable. Could be a Munchlax situation, could be not. Maybe they're taking the path where everybody says 'nah, they won't do that because of 00 reasons' just so that they can surprise people.

A Munchlax situation would be more predictable than Gen 6.5 TBH.

Magiana is confirmed to be a mythical Pokemon by CoroCoro. It makes no sense to use it this year without making it obtainable in a game. How would they distribute it more than a year later with the movie being old news? It would seem like a complete afterthought.

I also highly question the logic of a movie featuring two mythical Pokemon from the same generation. Meloetta was relegated to a short and an anime arc, and the reason for that was there being more mythical Pokemon than BW movies. If Game Freak were interested in Generation 6.5, I would think they would have saved Volcanion for that and/or kept Magiana for next year's movie. Instead, they've created a situation where Magiana is clearly more exotic than its co-star.

Magiana being a Mythical got me thinking, we haven't had a film where two mythical Pokemon have starred alongside eachother before.

I prefer this than what happened with meloetta. Even if the Piplup Oshawott rivalry was my favorite part of BW

So what's the next game gonna be? Since the anime has gone ahead with XY&Z, people were pretty sure the next game to be Z with all the Zygarde forms... but with this new pokemon I don't see how the next game is just gonna be Z. They are definitely not taking the usual 'third game' road with a new pokemon :/

@Silktree;
Then I guess there's a game upcoming within this year.

Where was it confirmed to be a mythical? I thought all we knew was its man made from 500 years ago. Of course even so, it being a mythical would make the most sense. This is an interesting development indeed, last time a movie gave us legendaries before the generation began was with the Lati duo. It does raise a question, if its a mythical how would we unlock it? If that would be Volcanion, we must assume a game is coming. But what about the second distro?

Magiana is confirmed to be a mythical Pokemon by CoroCoro. It makes no sense to use it this year without making it obtainable in a game. How would they distribute it more than a year later with the movie being old news? It would seem like a complete afterthought.

I also highly question the logic of a movie featuring two mythical Pokemon from the same generation. Meloetta was relegated to a short and an anime arc, and the reason for that was there being more mythical Pokemon than BW movies. If Game Freak were interested in Generation 6.5, I would think they would have saved Volcanion for that and/or kept Magiana for next year's movie. Instead, they've created a situation where Magiana is clearly more exotic than its co-star.

Remember that to everyone that doesn't follow Pokemon religiously over the internet, Volcanion didn't exist until 2 months ago. So to them, Volcanion is just as exotic. Also, they've done movies that include next gen Pokemon and current gen Pokemon in the same movie. Hell, last gen we got a movie with Genesect and Mega Mewtwo Y.

Well, it seems that Magiana is confirmed to be a Mythical Poke. This means that it can easily fit in a Gen VI game without breaking the Pokedex balance, because Mythicals are not required for a complete Pokedex.

Is it actually confirmed to be one? I can't check Serebii and have heard it isn't shown.

Yeah, call me crazy, but two mythicals, in one movie? I really have no idea why they would have them from two different generations. More so, I really doubt gen 6 ending on a flat note, with no conclusion or actually giving us a proper story for Zygarde. Not to mention, Gen 7 on 3DS? I am loathing the thought of having another BW on our hands, having to wait till 2019 for a proper debut on the next handheld. Gen 6.5, I dare say its gonna happen.

Where was it confirmed to be a mythical? I thought all we knew was its man made from 500 years ago. Of course even so, it being a mythical would make the most sense. This is an interesting development indeed, last time a movie gave us legendaries before the generation began was with the Lati duo. It does raise a question, if its a mythical how would we unlock it? If that would be Volcanion, we must assume a game is coming. But what about the second distro?

If it's just a mythical pokemon, I have doubts of what it is supposed to indicate.

Well, it seems that Magiana is confirmed to be a Mythical Poke. This means that it can easily fit in a Gen VI game without breaking the Pokedex balance, because Mythicals are not required for a complete Pokedex.

Is it actually confirmed to be one? I can't check Serebii and have heard it isn't shown.

The kanji for mythical pokemon was included in the scoop where it contains information about Magiana. Someone pointed it out in the top left corner of the pic (the first of the three questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom