• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I think the current situation is complete madness.

At this point, anything GF decides is going to feel unprecedentedly ground breaking.

- A new Generation without a second Kalos adventure? Rule breaking.

Gen 6.5? Unprecedentedly weird.

Only logical outcome is Z coming out, and this just teasing Gen VII for the future.

Woah, I cetainly did not expect this at all. I actually am really liking the design, it's so cute! Its giving me Diancie vibes for sure.

At this point Im really excited for what's next and I dont even care what it will be. Id love this to be a Gen 6.5, but if not, thats also ok.

I found a tumblr post where someone said that GF probably got tired of everyone hacking the game and finding out everything before they could announce it. (I will add a link when I find the post)

So they just didn't include the data for Magiana just so they can keep it a surprise. End of speculation.

Idk.

Well then... I find it odd how they're showing off Megiana now, unless they have two Mythicals in the possible Generation 6.5? With the second being saved for next year and they show off Generation 7 alongside it.

Or they give us Generation 7 and have us stay in Kalos. It wouldn't be that much of a problem as we should be able to transfer the Gemeration 1-6 Pokemon back to Generation 6 via Bank.

I can't think of anything else that's possible. xD

Idk what the hell is happening anymore! Zygarde and it's forms keep getting anime art, Volcanion gets revealed and everyone hates it, and now we get this Pokemon which DOES have Sugimori art and who the hell knows what gen it belongs to!!! This is utter anarchy!!! lol This is just so vexing to me. I get the feeling we wouldn't have gotten Sugi art if this Pokemon wasn't going to b in a game that was coming out soon. For the other movies I don't think the next gen Pokemon got Sugi art right away when they were announced, but this one does? Either way I find it funny how much it looks like a cross between Bunnelby and Diancie! I think it's going to b Fairy and Steel types. It could be something else and Steel, but I'm 100% sure it'll b steel lol

And suddenly Gen 6.5 got a hell of a lot more credence. There's only two other possibilities at this point, either we're skipping to 7th gen or they're teasing a 7th gen Pokemon ahead of time, and I don't see either of them being likely. 7th gen wouldn't make sense because they haven't explored Zygarde's role in the Kalos region, and there's no need for them to tease next gen Pokemon in a game they're not debuting in because the internet hypes up new content immediately. And like I said, it explains... pretty much everything weird about 6th gen. The next few months should be very interesting.

If they want to release gen 7 this year, then they need to wrap up the anime TF arc as soon as possible and I don't think that will happen how the pacing is right now. 9 months maximum from now on. That are about 37-40. TF arc will last at least until June/July like the merchandise and the M19 short are teasing. The league and goodbye also take 2-3 months.
There's no way they will release a brand new generation early in the year for such an important release.

Magiana is confirmed to be a mythical Pokemon by CoroCoro. It makes no sense to use it this year without making it obtainable in a game. How would they distribute it more than a year later with the movie being old news? It would seem like a complete afterthought.

Because that could be a Gen 6.5 mythical pokemon and if they release Gen 6.5 in June like BW2, the timing for a mythical pokemon would be perfect. And why even distribute the pokemon in a new gen 7 games, if the movie is also a couple of months old?

If Game Freak were interested in Generation 6.5, I would think they would have saved Volcanion for that and/or kept Magiana for next year's movie. Instead, they've created a situation where Magiana is clearly more exotic than its co-star.

Because if there will be a new wave of pokemon in gen 6.5, they need to promote the new wave of pokemon if there's gonna be a Gen 6.5 game in the next months.

Last edited:
I think back tracking and saying "THIS IS RULE BREAKING, WHAT ABOUT THE PATTERNS, PREVIOUS PRECIOUS PATTERNS"... is a long gone after thought now tbh, they've been breaking said "patterns" for the last year almost, it is a serious moot point. I agree with a post above about them not wanting every game hacked into and all the info being leaked out at once, could possibly be why we're getting Magiana now.

As I said on the actual Magiana speculation thread; it doesn't scream "hello Gen 7" to me, as imo if it were, they would of taken a similar approach to how they introduced XY; starters, and legends revealed already (and that's not me using patterns as a reason, cause that was a first off for them too). All we've got is a Pokémon, mythical, starring alongside Volcanion, revolving around the AZoth Kingdom or w/e. It's entirely possible that this is their intro to ease us into Gen 6.5, as it's too early for 7, and if 7's coming on the 3DS; I don't want another BW situation as someone also mentioned before.

Because of the way the Pokémon looks, and the way it's been revealed, it just doesn't scream Gen 7 anytime soon to me. It even has that Kalos feel to it, if you get what I mean.... I think it's the "princess" of AZoth artificially created tbh, to "mirror" or be similar to Diancie in N.Kalos.

Like I said, it being a mythical means its distrobution is not happening for the movie, as even if it IS gen 7, we would have something unlock it, likely Volcanion. So what is the second distro? Something that ties into the movie or short. Hypothetically a Zygarde Core would make sense, but a game that has em in it would need to be iut, ruling out gen 7 this year. So if gen 7 is coming this year, and Volcanion is the first Distro, find me the second. Cause I cannot find any that would make sense wih gen 7 on the horizon.

At this point I think it's certain we're getting a new game announcement soon. Whether it's a gen VI game or gen VII game Magiana will be obtainable in it, simply because promoting a Mythical through a movie, only to keep it unobtainable in the games for over a year is just dumb.

I really want to stop reading Magiana as 'Mangina'. Dammit, brain.

Pokejungle just updated: "Magiana’s body holds a mechanic that serves a function and only Volcanion who is chasing Magiana knows the mystery behind it. Volcanion is on a mission to return Magiana to the mechanical Kingdom of Azoth, where it has been kidnapped from. Presumably Magiana has some link to Project Azoth mentioned in ORAS."

This Azoth stuff is REALLY intruiging me now, but I still have no idea how it'll tie into the next game.

I really want to stop reading Magiana as 'Mangina'. Dammit, brain.

Pokejungle just updated: "Magiana’s body holds a mechanic that serves a function and only Volcanion who is chasing Magiana knows the mystery behind it. Volcanion is on a mission to return Magiana to the mechanical Kingdom of Azoth, where it has been kidnapped from. Presumably Magiana has some link to Project Azoth mentioned in ORAS."

This Azoth stuff is REALLY intruiging me now, but I still have no idea how it'll tie into the next game.
Is it official!?

My bet is a new generation with Johto treatment? The 7 generation that's a direct sequel of Kalos, probably based on Spain or Uk. taking account Pokemon Go tease. there was a blank place indicating gen 7, and now, the new Pokemon announcement.

Last edited:
Safe to say if he's reporting it on the main site, the first two sentences are official (although the presumably bit is only following logical thinking and is very likely). He's also been talking on Twitter about how he was sitting next to a Japanese guy when it leaked, so he got a more accurate translation than Serebii. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom