• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a tumblr post where someone said that GF probably got tired of everyone hacking the game and finding out everything before they could announce it. (I will add a link when I find the post)

So they just didn't include the data for Magiana just so they can keep it a surprise. End of speculation.

If they planned years in advance to keep Magiana secret and excluded it from XYORAS for that reason then why not do the same with Volcanion? And I suppose even including Hoopa in XY. Diancie would have had to be XY though because it was the only game it could be distributed to.

It makes zero sense for Gamefreak to leave all the other data there and just exclude Magiana's for some sort of "surprise".

Exactly.

This like when the ORAS demo was hacked and people were saying there would be more Megas in the full game, despite the fact that all the ORAS Megas had data found in the demo. Why leave any of it in there if they are intentionally leaving other aspects out?

If they planned years in advance to keep Magiana secret and excluded it from XYORAS for that reason then why not do the same with Volcanion? And I suppose even including Hoopa in XY. Diancie would have had to be XY though because it was the only game it could be distributed to.
Maybe Magiana itself is a huge spoiler to the game plot? Just a few posts above the AZoth Kingdom is supposedly the place where Magiana is from, and there was this AZoth Project in ORAS where the development team of Team Aqua/Team Magma were talking about - and we never got any explanation about it. And then there's AZ himself.

What if the movie actually reflects the game heavily? The Reshiram/Zekrom Movie included the lores of Unova, but this upcoming movie could actually be one heck of a game as well??

This raises the question: just how will Magiana be available, and when? Volcanion's already been announced for X/Y/OR/AS distribution.

I suppose they could distribute Magiana later in the year once the new game/s are released.

Pokejungle just updated: "Magiana’s body holds a mechanic that serves a function and only Volcanion who is chasing Magiana knows the mystery behind it. Volcanion is on a mission to return Magiana to the mechanical Kingdom of Azoth, where it has been kidnapped from. Presumably Magiana has some link to Project Azoth mentioned in ORAS."

This is a very big presumption to make...very interesting to see how it plays out, though. I wonder if it'll stick in Gen VI, or Azoth will return in Gen VII.

PROJECT AZOTH???

TEAM AQUA? MAGMA??

HOENN???

DELTA EMERALD AS AN ORAS SEQUEL WITH ZYGARDE AND NEW POKEMON????????????

FIND OUT ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF "POKEMON CONFUSES THE FANDOM YET AGAIN!"

Maybe Magiana itself is a huge spoiler to the game plot? Just a few posts above the AZoth Kingdom is supposedly the place where Magiana is from, and there was this AZoth Project in ORAS where the development team of Team Aqua/Team Magma were talking about - and we never got any explanation about it. And then there's AZ himself.

But if they knew that Volcanion and Magiana (god I keep going blank when trying to remember its name) weren't going to be released for years why leave one in but not the other? If you remove one from XYORAS then surely you should remove the other too. Two surprises are better than one.

This raises the question: just how will Magiana be available, and when? Volcanion's already been announced for X/Y/OR/AS distribution.

Actually they haven't specified the game(s) Volcanion will be distributed to yet as far as I know. In Volcanion's Youtube video there's just an awkward blank space where the game logos have been in previous videos like Diancie and Hoopa's.

I really want to stop reading Magiana as 'Mangina'. Dammit, brain.

Pokejungle just updated: "Magiana’s body holds a mechanic that serves a function and only Volcanion who is chasing Magiana knows the mystery behind it. Volcanion is on a mission to return Magiana to the mechanical Kingdom of Azoth, where it has been kidnapped from. Presumably Magiana has some link to Project Azoth mentioned in ORAS."

This Azoth stuff is REALLY intruiging me now, but I still have no idea how it'll tie into the next game.

Me too. That description sounds similar to what I was saying, a tad. That Magiana may be the "princess" of AZoth, akin to Diancie in N.Kalos. I think project AZoth from the games will have no relevance whatsoever to the movie, but the name, and the fact that we are in a generation where the letter 'Z' is likely to fly around us a couple of times. And if Project AZoth from ORAS has any relation to this plot, I doubt it will be anything new from the info we got out of it from ORAS.

It makes zero sense for Gamefreak to leave all the other data there and just exclude Magiana's for some sort of "surprise".
Completly agree.

It makes more sense if Game Freak found odd that everybody already knew the mythical Pokemons by hack and decided to develop and add Magiana and maybe another pokemon for surprise element.

I would be very interested in Magiana either being a part of a larger "Generation 6.5" or even just a brand new standalone addition to the next Generation 6 game (like an extension of how new formes aren't pre-programmed into older games, such as Zygarde). I could easily see a situation where Volcanion is distributed with the new movie and can be transferred to a hypothetical Z to unlock Magiana.

I also wouldn't be surprised if our robot bunny friend also ends up being the first Generation 7 Pokémon, considering the Munchlax example. However, I agree with others that timing would have to be key to either avoid Magiana losing the spotlight or creating an environment of extreme first; which we've since since Zygarde's formes were unveiled. I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility of two different main series releases occurring within 12 months either; considering FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald.

Man, this is so exciting!

I can imagine Masuda reading our reactions and smiling, at this very moment.
That's if he isn't busy demanding peoples' heads for the thing leaking to begin with :p

The machnica could do something with the red/blue in its chest, similar to Volcanion. And if they actually intend to link Azoth Kingdom, Project Azoth, and Magiana together and this has to do with gen 7....while also featuring Zygarde,I have no idea. What if the twist is that gen 7 is gen 7,but gen 6 and gen 7 are a sage of sorts, and have to be considered two halves of one whole. More so then Kanto/Johto and their shared borders. Also perhaps Gen 7 is a one release gen going only with the next games, lasting two years until Gen 8 in 2018. Insanity reigns.

This like when the ORAS demo was hacked and people were saying there would be more Megas in the full game, despite the fact that all the ORAS Megas had data found in the demo. Why leave any of it in there if they are intentionally leaving other aspects out?

Because Volcanion, Hoopa and Diancie were all in because for the XY Pokedex and them being relevant for the movies and for the first distributions? If they would add around 20-30 Gen 6.5 pokemon in XY, then dataminer would easily find out that and a Gen 6.5 wouldn't be a suprise anymore and no hidden pokemon would mean no event pokemon for the first two years.

Don't you dare! Gen VI ftw
Sorry m8, I think I'm joining the dark side Gen 7 crowd =P

As much as I like Gen 6, and as much as I would've liked to see it all done proper...There's still little sign of Z in the mainline series, and now they're putting the spotlight on something brand new after Zygarde has gotten exposure elsewhere for months.

With this announcement, I can't see them trying to get us hyped up for what is basically a re-release game. A new adventure is gonna be in people's minds now even more than before.

Then if Volcanion was found in the data and Magiana wasn't, what's the next game gonna be? Even the MegaLatis were in the XY data before ORAS came out.

Then if Volcanion was found in the data and Magiana wasn't, what's the next game gonna be? Even the MegaLatis were in the XY data before ORAS came out.
That's what's making this entire situation so confusing. On one hand, you have Zygarde and its forms which need to be featured in a game. On the other hand, we have a brand new Pokemon which also needs to be a featured in a game.

Sadly, I agree with White Yang; as much as I wanted to experience owning a perfect Zygarde, we have to accept that they did that so that they replace the AZ cannon storyline with something original.

Face it, Generation 6 is over and we now have Pokemon Go to look forward to as the next gen.

Will people please stop saying Zygarde is over and done with and there's no "sign" of anything Zygarde-related left, and that the spotlight is entirely on Magiana. You could of said the same for Volcanion if you didn't know about it before the reveal (which you weren't supposed to know anyway).

We know maybe 15% of everything/anything to do with Zygarde. We know there's cores, other forms, we don't know how they work, if we need them all, how the cells are spread about the region, yes I said spread around the region, just as the main site said, scattered around said region.
We also haven't even seen a speck of Complete Zygarde, XY&Z isn't wrapping up in March. C.Zygarde isn't debuting in March, we know nothing of moves (apart from 2 hidden), relation to Yveltal/Xerneas besides it's stronger than the both of them (another "God knows why they'd leave Zygarde when they literally said it's power exceeds that of both Xerneas & Yveltal" story for ya). AND; who the hell knows where Squishy's "land" actually is? Of course, my bets are Southern Kalos, but shoot me down Magiana, apparently your magical debut means screw everything Zygarde means to the franchise right now. Well, I refuse to believe it. (y)

Will people please stop saying Zygarde is over and done with and there's no "sign" of anything Zygarde-related left, and that the spotlight is entirely on Magiana. You could of said the same for Volcanion if you didn't know about it before the reveal (which you weren't supposed to know anyway).

We know maybe 15% of everything/anything to do with Zygarde. We know there's cores, other forms, we don't know how they work, if we need them all, how the cells are spread about the region, yes I said spread around the region, just as the main site said, scattered around said region.
We also haven't even seen a speck of Complete Zygarde, XY&Z isn't wrapping up in March. C.Zygarde isn't debuting in March, we know nothing of moves (apart from 2 hidden), relation to Yveltal/Xerneas besides it's stronger than the both of them (another "God knows why they'd leave Zygarde when they literally said it's power exceeds that of both Xerneas & Yveltal" story for ya). AND; who the hell knows where Squishy's "land" actually is? Of course, my bets are Southern Kalos, but shoot me down Magiana, apparently your magical debut means screw everything Zygarde means to the franchise right now. Well, I refuse to believe it. (y)
There is no way Gamefreak will just ignore Zygarde. This thing needs its focus one way or another and they need to feature its forms in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom