• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A certain field of a certain region. Okay. But the word certain implies it should be something we are familiar with, and field is a rather odd word to use. I know Chiho is the formal title for region, so is this an informal synonym, or an entirely different word/meaning?

Actually, Magiana was abducted by Azoth Kingdom, so the translation says.

SOURCE

As Satoshi and his friends continue their journey, Volcanion drops down from the sky in front of them. Volcanion’s object is to recover Magiana, who has been abducted by the “Azoth Kingdom”, a city of super-machinery. However, Volcanion and Satoshi have become linked together by a strange. Will the two of them manage to work together and save Magiana?

So when Volcanion drops from the sky, it is already heading towards the Azoth Kingdom when it becomes attached to Ash.

Thanks for confirming this. I think it makes more sense that it'd be kidnapped by them, as opposed to from.

CoroCoro states that "this mysterious Pokémon is the first ever in a certain field".

A certain field? That...sounds like a potential new type to me.

It could also be the first ever man-made Pokemon, it was made 5 centuries ago.

Looks like we are getting gen 7. That is disappointing since that would leave Zygarde incomplete in gen 6 and I really don't want it to be the main attraction of another gen when it's current gen is gen 6. Nothing that I can do about it.

Care to elaborate? Cause the first ever in a certain field, can mean anything. For me, first ever in a certain field could mean its the first Pokemon revealed of a new type, or the first Pokemon of a certain area.

Huh I thought Diancie was, but its not an even spread. I wonder...

First in a certain field could also mean first of the Gen 6.5 Pokémon. First time a Pokémon revealed midway through its gen

A certain field of a certain region. Okay. But the word certain implies it should be something we are familiar with, and field is a rather odd word to use. I know Chiho is the formal title for region, so is this an informal synonym, or an entirely different word/meaning?
They're being vague because they don't want us to know what exactly is going on.

The last corocoro promised us a "major announcement that will affect the entire world for the movie.".

Well only the japanese audience will know about Magiana. So maybe we will get an announcement trailer on youtube for the rest of the world? And this trailer would be important, because Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion announcement trailer also included ingame gameplay scenes.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for this. Zygarde's new forms and Ash-Greninja were covered globally upon their CoroCoro reveal, but I seem to remember the international Pokemon website simply showed their anime art in an article. I can imagine the website similarly just sticking the art of Magiana we have seen onto the website in the next few days, along with the details CoroCoro has provided.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for this. Zygarde's new forms and Ash-Greninja were covered globally upon their CoroCoro reveal, but I seem to remember the international Pokemon website simply showed their anime art in an article. I can imagine the website similarly just sticking the art of Magiana we have seen onto the website in the next few days, along with the details CoroCoro has provided.

So do you think they will try and pass Magiana off as anime only, instead of doing the whole "a brand new pokemon has been discovered " video?

EDIT: What if Magiana is a fake Pokémon?

First in a certain field could also mean first of the Gen 6.5 Pokémon. First time a Pokémon revealed midway through its gen

I think it is more gen 7 pokemon than gen 6.5. I am not very happy about this news to be honest.

They're being vague because they don't want us to know what exactly is going on.
Obviously. But its vaguely specific at the same time. And usually, when a new Pokemon does pop up, its also going to obviously be a New Pokemon, from a New Region. Why make a note about something like that, for the Pokemin ewuivalent of "the rain is wet"? Cause this rain actually is dry. While falling up.

Not to be rude, but you did also tell us for the past however many months that a simple sequel/3rd version were the only logical answer. So much for that.

Sequels were also logical. I am not happy that they decided to leave Zygarde incomplete in gen 6. One of the worst mistakes to happen in pokemon.

Sequels were also logical. I am not happy that they decided to leave Zygarde incomplete in gen 6. One of the worst mistakes to happen in pokemon.

But again you are talking in certainties! "they decided to leave Zygarde incomplete"

You don't know that for certain. This is the point I am trying to get across to you, you talk in certainties "this is certain, this is the only logical answer" but then change. There's nothing wrong with changing your opinion, but remember it's your opinion not a fact.

The only thing we are certain of right now, is that things are uncertain.

Except we dont know that at all, this doesnt rule out anything that could happen with Zygarde.

But again you are talking in certainties! "they decided to leave Zygarde incomplete"

You don't know that for certain. This is the point I am trying to get across to you, you talk in certainties "this is certain, this is the only logical answer" but then change. There's nothing wrong with changing your opinion, but remember it's your opinion not a fact.

The only thing we are certain of right now, is that things are uncertain.

Explain to me why we got a new pokemon instead of a new game then.

I think we're reading too much into it. It's probably a Pokémon whose origins are in Kalos, whether or not it shows up there is another story entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom