• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VI: The Future

What will it be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain to me why we got a new pokemon instead of a new game then.
because CoroCoro typically doesn't reveal games (and iirc it only revealed Platinum)? Magiana's appearance doesn't really mean anything since it's a mythical Pokemon. we cannot simply conclude that we must be going to to Gen VII or even that Gen 6.5 is going to be a thing.

Well, I don't really like this new pokemon because it makes me feel like gen 6 is over. Not the news that I wanted to read about.

Hm.. If Magiana is our introduction to Generation 6.5, does anyone else think we might see another Pokemon in the movie/short? In the movie that is released while we get ready for a new Generation (in this case Generation 6 w/0 6.5 would end) we always have one more Pokemon shown in the movie or short.

Generation 1 - Lugia, Slowking, Elekid, Ledyba, and Bellossom
Generation 2 - Latios, Latias, and Wailmer
Generation 3 - Manaphy, Buizel, Chatot, and Mantyke
Generation 4 - Zorua and Zoroark
Generation 5 - Mega Mewtwo Y and Sylveon

I definitely think Gen VII is next. With Nintendo releasing a new console that will likely merge their handhelds and consoles, they would want a new Pokemon game out for launch. Besides if Game Freak were making a third version or sequel to XY, then they would have done so by now. Either option would allow them to reuse assets and thus make development rather short.

Explain to me why we got a new pokemon instead of a new game then.

Because that's what GameFreak felt like doing?
tumblr_nq5pf8YavJ1r36bj2o7_75sq.gif

Why are you assuming that there's no game? Obviously, there's a game coming this year. And it'll be a game where all of Zygarde's forms and Magiana will be obtainable because GameFreak isn't stupid. They wouldn't design such overly complicated creatures just to look at them on a tv screen. You really need to calm down, because a game will come and Zygarde will get its in-game power-up, and at least one line of lore about it, no matter where the game takes place.
tumblr_nq5mo1WZik1r36bj2o7_75sq.gif

Because that's what GameFreak felt like doing?
tumblr_nq5pf8YavJ1r36bj2o7_75sq.gif

Why are you assuming that there's no game? Obviously, there's a game coming this year. And it'll be a game where all of Zygarde's forms and Magiana will be obtainable because GameFreak isn't stupid. They wouldn't design such overly complicated creatures just to look at them on a tv screen. You really need to calm down, because a game will come and Zygarde will get its in-game power-up, and at least one line of lore about it, no matter where the game takes place.
tumblr_nq5mo1WZik1r36bj2o7_75sq.gif

Don't reply to me because I am still not happy with you.

Anyway, if this is gen 6.5 then I am not going to use it. But I think it is gen 7 more than gen 6.5.

I definitely think Gen VII is next. With Nintendo releasing a new console that will likely merge their handhelds and consoles, they would want a new Pokemon game out for launch. Besides if Game Freak were making a third version or sequel to XY, then they would have done so by now. .

This argument is so tired now, and I'm tired of correcting it. So far the gap is not longer than previous gaps. If it were to be revealed now, it'd actually be incredibly early compared to past gens. The only difference is western fans aren't used to waiting for this long.

Also if you think they are putting this next game on the NX, why don't we have some more info on the NX, do they even have the developer kits yet?

ooh lord Masuda has got people pressed with this...and yet all we do is argue over the same things...if you don't like something happening...too bad? Cause it is? At the same time, don't blindly assume it's a half gen or a new gen without a good receipt...all that's gonna happen is people will get more confused on what is true and what isn't...

I honestly don't have many thoughts on this other than good for GameFreak for starting to do something, hopefully more info will be coming soon!

Before we descend into complete madness and pass the line into unredeemable posting, there is no way NX is getting Pokemon as a launch game. There is far too much work to be done for the start of a new gen, and with how frequent games get released in the series, there is no way they would make the deadline. And Devkits usually are handed out a year or so before the handhelds release. If its coming out this year, yiy think Gf actually can get gen 7 done in a year? No way. If its happening, its for the 3DS. Lets agree on this from now.

Then don't use it. I don't understand the issue here. Either way, it's still going to be in the games.

I said don't reply to me since you were rude to me in a previous post.

I don't why they chose to release this pokemon but it seems likely that gen 6 is coming to a close otherwise we would of got Z or whatever it is called by now.

I said don't reply to me since you were rude to me in a previous post.

I don't why they chose to release this pokemon but it seems likely that gen 6 is coming to a close otherwise we would of got Z or whatever it is called by now.

You can't stop people from replying to you this is an open forum, all are welcome to post. And once again, NO there is no reason why we should have got z or whatever it is called by now. No logic needed just simple provable mathematical fact. Maybe there wont be a z or sequels but so far this is not a long wait at all. Fact

You can't stop people from replying to you this is an open forum, all are welcome to post. And once again, NO there is no reason why we should have got z or whatever it is called by now. No logic needed just simple provable mathematical fact. Maybe there wont be a z or sequels but so far this is not a long wait at all. Fact

I don't like people who were rude to me before replying to me. As for Pokemon Z or whatever, there maybe a chance but it is getting lower the more time has gone by and because of the new pokemon. Makes me think we might get a new gen or something.

I'd like to think that the next games would be on the 3DS, whatever they may be. It's a great handheld, and I'd like to see it last longer. Especially now that console cycles are predicted to be lasting longer.

I don't know what Magiana is for, but she's a sign that SOMETHING is coming!

Didn't Masuda stated that he planned to make a game for the New 3DS? It as if its qualified as a new handheld, especially with the better processor than the original.

Seriously, why jump to the conclusion of NX, when it been around a year after N3DS' release?

Alexander, it's a public forum. Anyone can reply to you if you post here. That is literally the point of a forum. If you don't want to see a certain person's posts, just block them and move on. There's no need to resort to childish 'I'm not speaking to YOU' comments.

Yeah, the one thing holding me back from thinking Magiana is Gen 7, and making me lean toward Gen 6.5, is that I just don't see Gen 7 happening on the 3DS. And as said above, as far as we know the NX isn't anywhere near ready to be released. We'd surely have heard more hype about it if it was coming this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom